Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435350 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
Your hands are faster than your brain. That's why your posts are filled with insults. I worked with the investment unit of one of Nigeria's biggest commercial banks for over 5 years. The organization in question here is not a MFB. And yes! Senators take loans as small as 5m and default terribly! You're mentioning names as if you know an inch about these people.. Ifeanyi Uba alone has a bad loan of almost N200b. If he can owe a bank 30b, who the hell is a senator? This is the very last time am gonna respond to you sir. It's obvious you can't learn.
u are a confirmed idoit...when did ifanyi uba become a senator....u said a senator collected loan and fixed ...dangote has loans of over 800 bn loan are not the problem cash flow that can sustain it..it was is needed...2 did ifanyi uba told u he collected 200 bn from micro finance bank to fix...he built the largest private depot with 24 loading arm in coconut area of Lagos with vessel and over 300 (60k litres capacity) and can load 10 m litres daily ...he having problem with goverment that why capital oil is not working....am sure u have not been to capital oil or transcate bussiness there...if u work in a big investment house that have only 1 bn capital u would be on nairaland hustling client if 100 k

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:10am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
Chief. This is a forum, this is not your bedroom. If I encroached your personal space on nairaland, you can always hit the "report" button.
u don't even know the bussiness u are working for ...from a rented 3 room rented suit....they attempt to look for cheap cash (fixed deposits) at 9-10 percent using big grammar and fine office then lend to strictly goverment workers and some Mnc.at 40 percent per anum their flier will say 4 percent but they are very greed group luv loan small small sum like 100 k to worker so this chap will be placed on a 40 k salary with suit looking for fixed deposits and the finance house loan to secured income govt workers ....they can't finance any serious bussiness ....na salary accounts with zero risk them luv....example are all does ren money...attempt to contest for state assemble first and see if your 2 room investment company no go under

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 7:26am On Feb 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
u are a confirmed idoit...when did ifanyi uba become a senator....u said a senator collected loan and fixed ...dangote has loans of over 800 bn loan are not the problem cash flow that can sustain it..it was is needed...2 did ifanyi uba told u he collected 200 bn from micro finance bank to fix...he built the largest private depot with 24 loading arm in coconut area of Lagos with vessel and over 300 (60k litres capacity) and can load 10 m litres daily ...he having problem with goverment that why capital oil is not working....am sure u have not been to capital oil or transcate bussiness there...if u work in a big investment house that have only 1 bn capital u would be on nairaland hustling client if 100 k
You don't comprehend because you don't read. You can't learn because you're RUDE.
Enjoy the honor I gave you with my mentions.
Am done playing with a swine. I need a wash!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 7:33am On Feb 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
u don't even know the bussiness u are working for ...from a rented 3 room rented suit....they attempt to look for cheap cash (fixed deposits) at 9-10 percent using big grammar and fine office then lend to strictly goverment workers and some Mnc.at 40 percent per anum their flier will say 4 percent but they are very greed group luv loan small small sum like 100 k to worker so this chap will be placed on a 40 k salary with suit looking for fixed deposits and the finance house loan to secured income govt workers ....they can't finance any serious bussiness ....na salary accounts with zero risk them luv....example are all does ren money...attempt to contest for state assemble first and see if your 2 room investment company no go under
You too don't read. Does the address stated above looks like a 3 bedroom to you?
So am no longer a scammer? Am now a 40k salary earner who wears suit looking for fixed deposit. At least I have a portfolio. I used to think we have intelligent people on this forum. Quite pathetic we've got a league of uninformed persons around here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2019
amjustme2:
This Loan business talk have extended to 3 pages, taking away 2 much space.

Make una pardon the guy, he is just hustling, job scarce for this country.
At least he doesn't sell Bitcoins and promote get rich quick schemes like you!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2019
HenryWilliams:
I'm thinkog of splitting 6 million into two banks(GTB and UBA) with Tbills of 364 day tenor. is it advisable? I want to transfer and write the instructions today to beat the deadline of tomorrow at 1pm..

Personally I would just do the whole money with one bank. Unless you had a specific question
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
At least he doesn't sell Bitcoins and promote get rich quick schemes like you!

Dude! You're just pathetic. Throwing tantrums cause no one here fell for your scam? Take heart.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2019
Nnamz:

Dude! You're just pathetic. Throwing tantrums cause no one here fell for your scam? Take heart.
Believe me, I don't have any hard feelings. I totally understand people's fears about investments. But there are nicer ways of saying NO to offers, it's better scrolling up and ignoring a post instead of calling people names. It's not a scam and I dont scam people.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
You don't comprehend because you don't read. You can't learn because you're RUDE.
badluck in looking for clients to scam in your about to be extinct mushroom finance house....but good luck in getting a real investment job...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
Believe me, I don't have any hard feelings. I totally understand people's fears about investments. But there are nicer ways of saying NO to offers, it's better scrolling up and ignoring a post instead of calling people names. It's not a scam and I dont scam people.
u know notting on investment ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
badluck in looking for clients to scam in your about to be extinct mushroom finance house....but good luck in getting a real investment job...
I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
scammer don have honor ....in communist China scam are liable to be hanged

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
You're just a baby. Grow up!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2019
Haha, the guy is trying his luck, even if he tie rope on the necks of regular TB investors here NOBODY will patronise him.

In a dwindling economy like Nigeria convincing pple to leave what works for them to follow an uncertain company that is not a commercial bank is IMPOSIBLE.

During the time of MMM i had pple telling me from left, right and center invest invest. I thought about it and almost invested N15m, on a second thought i said wait a minute, i told myself i'm well informed, because pple are doing it doesn't mean i should do it, the N10 in your pocket is greater than the N5 million you put in such risky business, i lock up.

Two months later MMM shut down at the december period, i used N500k out of the money i was supposed to invest in MMM to control some punanies from ABJ, LAGOS and enjoy myself.

Today, my TB portfolio has even grown more because i did the right thing. Greed to get richer kills faster than a bullet, these scums will use same money they steal from people to control punanies while the people suffer heart attack.

SafeInvestmentIsTheBestInvestment

ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 9:42am On Feb 25, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

Haha, the guy is trying his luck, even if he tie rope on the necks of regular TB investors here NOBODY will patronise him.

In a dwindling economy like Nigeria convincing pple to leave what works for them to follow an uncertain company that is not a commercial bank is IMPOSIBLE.

During the time of MMM i had pple telling me from left, right and center invest invest. I thought about it and almost invested N15m, on a second thought i said wait a minute, i told myself i'm well informed, because pple are doing it doesn't mean i should do it, the N10 in your pocket is greater than the N5 million you put in such risky business, i lock up.

Two months later MMM shut down at the december period, i used N500k out of the money i was supposed to invest in MMM to control some punanies from ABJ, LAGOS and enjoy myself.

Today, my TB portfolio has even grown more because i did the right thing. Greed to get richer kills faster than a bullet, these scums will use same money they steal from people to control punanies while the people suffer heart attack.

SafeInvestmentIsTheBestInvestment

Well put, well said.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by buJu234: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2019
I have noticed that while the small boys are busy with politics talk and fighting,

the bigger boys are busy strategizing their next business move irrespective of who wins the election

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bless0043: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2019
Please who has the price of market today. Gtb or uba
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Scammers don't give up easily. No one will fall for this nonsense here.
The people here are even more intelligent than most of them.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:41am On Feb 25, 2019
flexyrule:
Sir, you ask questions, you don't assume! This convo has been laid to rest. If we were to go by the history of failed banks and businesses, then we'd never invest. I just have this "empathy" towards people who still invest in FD, T-bills and FG bonds etc.
Just like the senator who took a loan from the bank and invested the same money in fixed deposit in the same bank, feeling like a smart ass.
If the bar is above your risk appetite, there's no harm in scrolling up... If everyone was to approach investment with the type of pessimistic mindset you guys have here... We'll have to count the hairs on our head to make a penny.

Like I told you earlier... Let it be that it's only online you are doing this your marketing oooo.... If you market your friends, neighbours and relatives and your employer eventually eventually elopes with your customers money as they normally do.. You will be on you own. You can rant here as much as you can but I believe people here have discerning mind to know what will work for them. Wherever people sense there is money talk on Nairaland people will alway come to market.. Lots of them have come and gone you can ask the Renmoney guy even though what they have to offer was more popular than yours, he was well drilled and when he couldn't stand the heat he ran out of the kitchen so continue to attack.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2019
pls this threadis strictly for TB

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2019
Am thinking of locking down the bulk of my investment today for Wednesday's auctions but I wonder why INEC hasn't announced results.

I want to feel the pulse of the polity before looking down for a year.

Am sure we will be good as a country.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:19am On Feb 25, 2019
zamirikpo:
Am thinking of locking down the bulk of my investment today for Wednesday's auctions but I wonder why INEC hasn't announced results.

same here oh...been thinking of waiting to see the political climate first
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
Just2endowed2:

same here oh...been thinking of waiting to see the political climate first

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2019
Stanbic today: 66days 10%
248days. 13.95%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2019
I'm thinking of increasing my investment too, regarding your concerns, i am 99 peecent certain we are good to go, there are so many debt instruments that will be adversely affected before TB even though there is no cause for alarm on TB.

Whatever happens after the election will only put Nigeria into more debt for sure, these guys have no clue how to run an economy therefore the govt.borrowings will continue and the govt will not make a mistake to default as ability to repay strengthens it's ability to borrow more.

zamirikpo:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eghos24(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
Please guys I have accounts with diamond bank, uba and wema. Thinking of opening with stanbic to do treasury bills because according to the trend they give the best ratings. What do you advice ?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
Barrytone:
Stanbic today: 66days 10%
248days. 13.95%

stabic sec rate is kind of ...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=zamirikpo post=76104494][/quote]

ok
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2019
We need update on today’s rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 11:07am On Feb 26, 2019
INEC being a snail now, � . Count the gadem votes and let people decide on which way to go as regards investments. I'm in dilemma now, today being the last day to submit my bids with first bank ( is today the last day for this week primary ) . I hope n pray for a better n peaceful Nigeria irrespective of who wins.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2019
BlackAfrican:
Hello guys...

Will appreciate if anyone can advise me before I take wrong step and later regret...

First, I'm thinking of going into TB investment...

The real issue is my cash holdings is mainly in dollars... Let's say 75% dollars and 25% naira...

Is it wise to convert my dollar holdings into naira then invest in TBs?

What percentage of my dollar holdings will you advise me to convert to naira?

Bear in mind, I plan to use the dollars 2 years from now...

Thanks guys

Cc:

Barrytone
Just2endowed2
Flexyrule

It's unfortunate that you mentioned me, am a Nigerian and living in Nigeria, only visited UK in 2016 and regretted the adventure so I know nothing about dollars am comfortable with naira. You only bother if you live a cross boarder life. With no plans of living Naija, I have a billion naira projection by 2030. Then I will retire to enjoy my 120m annually, 10m monthly. So you can keep calculating your dollars. As at this morning, a dollar is 360 so all calculations failed and might continue to fail.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: cutedharmee, awesomeJ(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.