Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437095 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
zamirikpo:

My oga....How aboki go take know which one be 30tonne road.

Most long haul drivers are illiterates ooh. They just put gear and drive.

Meanwhile do u supply pms around the south south area.
we come around warri,if u buy from any depot in Lagos I will deliver to any location preferably a station in urban area
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
Rate today

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
Just2endowed2:
Rate today

That's good. Gradually picking up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dake40(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
Just2endowed2:
Rate today

Which bank?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
dake40:

Which bank?

Stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
osigiepurr:
I wont waste my time replying you anymore due to your infant attitude and poor representation in a public forum like this. I think you need an adequate tutorials from matured people on how to comment in social networks.

I rest my case on you

It's mature not matured. Matured is used for animals.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Finelinks: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
Nnamz
Edit. Not nice.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 12:21am On Sep 07, 2019
Nnamz:

Is this necessary ?

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibkonekt(m): 12:41am On Sep 07, 2019
a question please...this true yield of a thing...does it apply to secondary market as well, or is it exclusive to primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 12:43am On Sep 07, 2019
This thread is at 860+ pages right now. It would be difficult for someone to know where to start.

emmasoft:

Kindly take some time to read earlier pages of this thread you will get want you need. No time to waste time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 2:50am On Sep 07, 2019
ibkonekt:
a question please...this true yield of a thing...does it apply to secondary market as well, or is it exclusive to primary market
To both, in short.

As the tbills concept we think you are referring to, it applies especially wherever interest is paid upfront. And helps you compare to other investments where interest is paid at maturity; such as fixed deposits or I-Invest apps tbills investments.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 2:54am On Sep 07, 2019
Ogonsbaba:
Please, who's aware about the next treasury bills auction date?
Thanks in anticipation!
Next Wednesday, 11th September 2019. Try to place bids by Monday 9th.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibkonekt(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2019
CompareDBest:
To both, in short.

As the tbills concept we think you are referring to, it applies especially wherever interest is paid upfront. And helps you compare to other investments where interest is paid at maturity; such as fixed deposits or I-Invest apps tbills investments.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2019
Nnamz:

We have only two types of living things and that's plants and animals grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tijusegele(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2019
Pls I need advise on my #1.2m

I’ll b traveling n b bak for Xmas, is it advisable to invest in the treasury bill if yes wat best bank can I walk into to as to get a good rate

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2019
By Q4, FG will need over N1trillion from you money.

So, get ready!

https://www.thenewsguru.com/news/nigeria-news/article/fg-borrow-n1-003trn-t-bills-investors-q419/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2019
tolajay:

So, get ready!

https://www.thenewsguru.com/news/nigeria-news/article/fg-borrow-n1-003trn-t-bills-investors-q419/
Iam already warming up as my two TBs will mature on September 12 and September 19. cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
tolajay:

So, get ready!

Pls, I intend to invest about 14m for next week's tbills, is it better to go for short or long term? Because some are saying rate might increase in few weeks/months to come.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2019
Just2endowed2:
Rate today
saw that 356 but before I finish filling of form the thing disappeared. You guys are really monitoring spirits. End up doing 325 days for 11.8%. School fees is ready now. Thanks to TBills.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
cooooooks:
This thread is at 860+ pages right now. It would be difficult for someone to know where to start.

Apart from the prevailing interest rates and tenures available in different banks that we come here to ask and compare most times. Every other thing you need to know and be independent on NTB is in the 1-15 of this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2019
Barrytone:
saw that 356 but before I finish filling of form the thing disappeared. You guys are really monitoring spirits. End up doing 325 days for 11.8%. School fees is ready now. Thanks to TBills.

Wow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2019
Guys i have a question, I want to offer scholarship to my brother's child, he just informed me the nursery school fees per semester is N300,000 i.e. N900,000 per year for a 3 year old child.

Question 1; i'm not current with the school fees for nursery pupils, do nursery school school children pay this much for good quality schools in the eastern part of Nigeria.

Question 2; Can i invest N10 million in Treasury bills on behalf of the child and they can use the interest payments to pay the child's school fees or rather go for bonds.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
cooooooks:

Just read from pages 1 to 20. And pick at random other pages. You will be fine. I joined this group in February. And am not doing badly, because I took my time to study all the pages, even the many pages of quarrels�

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2019
Philantropists:
Guys i have a question, I want to offer scholarship to my brother's child, he just informed me the nursery school fees per semester is N300,000 i.e. N900,000 per year for a 3 year old child.

Question 1; i'm not current with the school fees for nursery pupils, do nursery school school children pay this much for good quality schools in the eastern part of Nigeria.

Question 2; Can i invest N10 million in Treasury bills on behalf of the child and they can use the interest payments to pay the child's school fees or rather go for bonds.
it depend on state
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IkalaiyeLOTO: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
Philantropists:

Be patient for the answer to your question sir, and be ready to beam more light on this your undertaking grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
Dear House,

With current economic climate in Nigeria, I contemplating switching from TBill to Eurobonnd. Though i know the A-Z of TBill but have little knowledge of the later, I've been to Stanbic to do some research and was told I will need to open a domiciliary account which is a current account, from my experience with current a/c in Nigeria, I'm aware it attract some form of maintenance fees.

Which will be more profitable Eurobond or TBill, I don't want to lose my hard earned savings due to the looming devaluation, I can't stand another situation whereby the Naira will shed huge chunk of its value to devaluation. I've few more years to retirement.

Honest professional advised needed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
Philantropists:

Go for Bonds as you already have the coupon fixed throughout the tenor which will guide your disbursement for this purpose

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2019
I saw 14% on for 257 days in the sterling bank app.

We should get an increased rate in the coming days

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemarkdangot(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2019
I will say a big thank you to all the bosses on this thread for the informations they shared. I have made up my mind to invest in treasury Bills while I learn about the NSE. I will like to know if Zenith bank offers a competitive rate at the primary market.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ujay01: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2019
stevemarkdangot:
I will say a big thank you to all the bosses on this thread for the informations they shared. I have made up my mind to invest in treasury Bills while I learn about the NSE. I will like to know if Zenith bank offers a competitive rate at the primary market.
Thanks.

Yes they do. However, base on information from this thread, Stanbic IBTC seems to offer the best rate at the primary market followed by First Bank. Also, Zenith Bank requires a minimum amount of 1million Naira while the other two aforementioned banks require a minimum of 100,000 Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 11:02am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=Philantropists post=82015465]Guys i have a question, I want to offer scholarship to my brother's child, he just informed me the nursery school fees per semester is N300,000 i.e. N900,000 per year for a 3 year old child.

[/quote

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemarkdangot(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2019
Ujay01:

Yes they do. However, base on information from this thread, Stanbic IBTC seems to offer the best rate at the primary market followed by First Bank. Also, Zenith Bank requires a minimum amount of 1million Naira while the other two aforementioned banks require a minimum of 100,000 Naira.
Thanks for the response. I have the required minimum investment. I checked the secondary market rate on this website https://comparedbest.com/ng/best-nigerian-treasury-bill-rates.html and they are 1% behind stanbic same as Gtb which is also my banker. I would have love to opt for stanbic but I don't have an account with them. I hope there will be a very good rate for 364 days at the next auction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.