Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (100419 Views)

5 Little Things That Make Him Lose Interest In You. / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / 6 Reasons Nice Guys Lose Out On The Hot Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by topup: 2:38am On Jul 17, 2008
Well, yeah, guys do love the chase, they say they don't but I genuinely believe they do. They wanna get that girl who says they're not interested. When they have the girl, it's just that point that they actually think, do I actually like this girl, do I want a serious relationship with her. Unfortunately the guy probably is so consumed with the chase he doesn't think this through, if the girl is a good girl, he still will compare it to what he expected to get after the chase, as in an amazing girl, not just an amazing girl, but what he considers an amazing girl, that could be a great cook, a great dancer, a great kisser, a great dresser, great at sex, or all of them.

The girl would have been testing the guy throughout the whole chase whilst the guy is absent minded about the future during most of the chase (though I have actually heard of the love at first sight theory, where the guy believes you two are destined to be together before he's truly gotten to know you).

In all cases, mature guys are the best, after a chase, they understand to give the relationship a fair chance, and understand that a decrease in attention could be due to the ending of the chase and they put more effort to sustain the relationship.

With me my ex, I just got so fed up of being the only one to text and call, you know guys stop responding when they're no longer interested and with guys that usually means something better's come along or even simply another interesting chase.
At first we both messaged each other a lot, and texted and nobody fronted, he'd message me immediately even if I had fallen asleep the night before and left him hanging. I'd message him again even if I knew it was past the time he said he called. Now when it got ridiculous was when it was taking him a full day to respond to a 'how was your day' text and he'd be replying 'yesterday was ok, today's going well too'. I knew he could afford the texts because he bragged about having a better phone contract than mine I just knew that he was doing the typical thing men do which is to 'distance yourself from her, so she brings up ""the talk"" or breaks up with you',

Sado!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by lysaa(f): 6:16am On Aug 01, 2008
hmm interesting, but I think seun did justice to this topic on pg one. .I salute!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Pinkrosey(f): 1:10am On Oct 29, 2008
Most men really don’t know what they actually want thats why they keep on chasing
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by ashe2(f): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2008
its jus like hammering on the cliche. wen u dont have it u want it bad and wen u get it u relax its yours anyway so why act like it aint yours. why chicks fil like dat is because de fail to pick up from there. do de tink its stil a casse of baboon de work monkey de chop? u for get dat u hav to do sometin to kip him wantin more
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by emiechat: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2008
I think the major contributary factor to the male conterpart developing a cold feet when the relationship has kicked off is the unreasonable "hard to get" Nigerian girl behavior. Ladies I like you to know that men are humans and also have strong emotions and you know emotions do fade out. One thing Nigerian ladies should know is that the best time to (strike the iron when it is still hot) define what a guy is up to is when he is at his peak of interest in you, and that is when he summons the courage to ask you out. This is when the undenyable importance of verbal communication comes into play. You can talk a man into knowing whether he is truely in love with you or just naked infatuation.
The unreasonable stretch over time of the hard to get game helps fade a man's emotions. In some cases some guys would back out right away, and off course ladies would say he just came to have his own share, and in other cases some guys would still stay back so that the chick wont think he is a fake, but believe me with a little fragment of his fellings for you left. This is what is responsible for his cold feet in the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by agwoko: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2008
It wil take mi abt an hr to go thru all the response the poster got on this subject.but any ways some of u av responded well.

up madrid.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by ugborikoko(m): 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2008
Its prety simple! During the chase there is an objective or goal. Thus, alltheir mental energies an inpiration goes to the object of that goal i.e the girl. However once the goal has been reached, the is little incentive to but more than usual effort. Doesn`t indicate he loves you less, there is just less motivation to display love,

Love Doc Ugborikoko!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by MsLurker(f): 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2008
Another way to see if it's more than just a chase is if he sticks around even when things slow down (which it will for EVERYONE), if it was just the chase, I'd think most men would bolt then.

But I'm not a guy, so I can't state that this is a fact. smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by smurf1(f): 3:53am On Dec 10, 2008
Very true and it can be very annoying too, angry
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dammyray(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2009
Sorry its simple , Mr 9ice guy don talk am OMO NA TURN BY TURN no need to beg baba God your own turn don reach be that
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by kok(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2009
ugborikoko:

Its prety simple! During the chase there is an objective or goal. Thus, alltheir mental energies an inpiration goes to the object of that goal i.e the girl. However once the goal has been reached, the is little incentive to but more than usual effort. Doesn`t indicate he loves you less, there is just less motivation to display love,

Love Doc Ugborikoko!

and that depends on the goal! Love, Sex, or money!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by monstah(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
Most dudes jst want secks, the calls n texts r jst tools.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by deb(m): 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2009
Men are goal oriented and getting a woman is no different. Once that is achieved
He moves to the next agenda e.g. make more money so he could settle down.

Men need to understand that women are not wired the same way so they should learn to strike
the balance and should not expect the woman to understand that they are focusing their attention
on other areas that will make life better for both of them
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by olagboye(m): 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2009
i luv this topic. the reason is simple and straight forward. u gals dont reciprocate. are we robots? the guy keeps chasin , thinks u will "wake up" only to find out that u are still the same. wen he finds a more loving and reactive gal, he will definitely move on! u gals need to change. u need to learn that in every man, there is that little boy that is craving for attention and love.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by oluclem(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2009
1 of D reason dat makes guys to back out or lose interest after a relationship is wen d lady in concern plays to hard to get. Sometimes, some girls feel dey all in all. In such a situation. Guy does nothing dan to play along pending d time he wil have a reason to back out.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by spikalo: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2009
Its animal nature, we chase the prey, we kill, we devour and leave the remnants to whoever is interested, dont blame us, u girls call us animals, lol, words from the wise, hehe
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by denny4ril: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2009
1. if he finds out what was not expected

2. deception on the part of the lady

3. finance
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Donjay13(m): 2:50am On Oct 06, 2010
Remember love is agive and take issue,probably the dude just dicovered that you never call him or txt him to.guys don't jst lose intrest after chase,somefin must have gone wrong somewhere. wink[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by LadyWinona: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2011
My dear, it really still baffles me till date. One of those mysteries of life yet to be fully understood
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by lindabon: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
hmm, interesting
well, i would think it depends on the kinda guy.
had ex's and for 95% of them, the fire was still on until we broke up (Most times even after the break up).
if a guy stops texting or calling after u guys become intimate, i honestly believe that such guys  where only after s.ex not you. Someone who truely loves you can't stop loving you just because he has gotten what he wants (what a baby!)

Well, i try to be on thesame attraction level with the person i wanna date. I hate being chased; too needy, obsessive, pathetic and i can't help thinking that all the person wants is to "hit that"- which irritates the hell out of me! So if i like a guy, i tell 'em straight up, no need for the chasing!  angry angry

When a man is looking down at your bosoms or behind and professing "love", or when he only remembers that "he loves you" @night, run as fast as you can.
Unfortunately, most 9ja guys and girls can't differentiate love from lust  undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by goldengun(m): 5:41am On Feb 14, 2012
there are question that we are yet to find answers to, such as this
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Youngpo413: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2012
He has seen what he wanted,what else do you expect,you know men and their sugar coated tongue.A man may promise,say or do anything when he's on heat.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2012
The standard f0r getting a girl t0 date is very very high....In the name 0f playing hard t0 get the girl refuses u...U call her 10 times a day she still refuses...She knws u like 0!!! Bt she t00 is playing games..U buy her gifts.U see her everyday f0r a very l0ng peri0d she still says n0. Meanwhile she likes y0u 000!!! Yet she still says n0!! S0 u really like her and d0 m0re than ur heart n0rmally tells u t0. She still says N0. And when u're tired 0f her and backing 0ut she eventually says yes.After u've spent s0 much m0ney and time N0w u guys start dating andshe still expects u t0 be calling her 10 times a day.Lapping up all the attenti0n with0ut d0ing anything. A girl that has stressed u s0 much. That is n0t p0ssible naaa.. When ur. mind is alredi m0ving t0 s0me0ne else that is appreciating u. S0 wh0 d0 we blame here?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by berylLOL(f): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2012
bukiboy: my opinion: guys are natural hunters after the chase game they are more relax that afterall they have what they want now, girls should try to make sure the game continues after the chase
most girls believes playing "hard to get" put them in high esteem before the guy, but it doesnt as an adult i dont see any reason why you have to pretend you see a guy you like and lucky you he walk up to you and ask you out why all the stiffness but you dont have to come too cheap cause that put some guys off just know where to draw the line.
girls should not always wait for guys to do all the follow ups.
notting on my head again.
nothing was in ur head b4!
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Youngpo413: 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
uchetobi: If he is not picking ur calls then he is not interested FINITE

Afterall he has seen what he was looking for,so nothing to fret about.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Youngpo413: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2012
dinipre: Do you knw this baffles me too?My b/f acts the same way.
Was always calling and sending messages before and like some months after we started dating but now i do most of
the calling.Its strange because he loves me dearly and i know he does but can't still get why the calling and text message habits shld stop[color=#006600][/color].GUYS HELP US OUT,A PENNY 4 UR TOTS!!

If he is financially buoyant and chose not to call or text you,well just ask him why,if he cant prove beyond a reasonable doubt,im afraid there is more to it than met the eye.I HOPE THAT HELPS,it's just my own point of view not an opin$.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Reuben2012(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=top_kin]Personally I think everything in life is guided by Law. The truth is that you CANNOT always like the same thing eternally. You become jaded, law of diminising returns sets in------ only a fresh challenge/innovation can begin to wet ur appetite again. That's a RULE in life and that's why u see companies always coming out with innovations. Also as a matter of Law of nature, when you want something, you give it your all, and when in your posession you relax.
I concur
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by omosexy1: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
I love to comment on this. If women want to understand this principle go and study a male lion. It chases its prey at all cost and when he get the prey; he is sluggish to eat it or don't eat at all
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by brownusagirl(f): 12:31am On Jun 06, 2012
if he does, then he was childish to begin with.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by naijalodge(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2012
sweetiemi: It makes me wonder, when a guy wants you he calls you probably 5 times a day sends you SMS like 6 times aday grin grin when you say ok for the first 3-5mths he is still constant wink then it starts to happen shocked 5 calls become 2 then 1 call a day then once in a week, 6 SMS become 3 then 2 then none!!! undecided undecided Then the stories begin he has been busy that's why he didn't call or he traveled and forgot to tell you or he didnt see your missed calls

Can someone in the house tell me why this happens it sure beats me!!!

i hope this is not my girl friend....
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Arcadia(f): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2012
iice: Doesn't really happen to me undecided It's usually the other way round undecided
dey deceive urself there. Such a child.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Groom Takes Off Bride’s Pant, Throws It Into The Crowd At Their Wedding (Video) / This Lady Was Dumped On Her Honeymoon After Hubby Saw Her Without Make-up (pics) / I Can’t Count Number Of Men That Slept With Me, 17-yr Impregnated Student (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.