Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159904 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
@allycat, a very big congrats to u, 1o years of marriage, and someone will tell me God does not answer prayers, God is an awesome God, I claim ur testimony or one of my sisters who is been married for over 3yrs now, it is well IJN. Pls lemme personally know when u deliver, cant wait to av mama twins as a friend even i it is just as an online friend, congrats once again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
Allycat wooowww...God is great indeed! He will see u thru in Jesus name...it is well with u and your twins!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ allycat i love your story congratulations mommy, i cant wait to rejoice after their birth
@diamond half way there stay strong mommy, you are officially term @ 37 weeks so 17 weeks to gooooo
@maryswags progesterone helps to prevent miscarriage in early pregnancy so first trimester, in secound trimester it helps to prevent from PPROM.
@recruitment what the deal mommy im looking out for your updates ooooo, how you doing mommy, i think about you daily. Sending positive energy your way!!!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
jst peepin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ Maran, i sent you an email but you have not responded.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
agiboma thanks...but a doctor told me that progesterone supplements makes fibroids grow bigger,is that true?
And please since I had my last evacuation in january,my flow has been so irregular which never used to be,please any useful tips I could use 2 correct this? Also help with tests I could do to track and make sure I'm ovulating, I used opk (predicte) last month but it was a waste of money didn't understand d lines! May God bless u all!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CarolSmith: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
At the time of pregnancy women also need to have regular checkups and they need Gynecologists Calgary or Gynecologists Edmonton and walk in clinics in their region so that they can go immediately to the near by clinic at the time of emergency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bikay(f): 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hello house, not been here 4 a while. To d glory of God, av been doin quite well, now close to 30wks.
I do av mild backaches, don't knw if its due 2 d nature of my job(I work in a bank n sit a lot though I walk around @ intervals)
I will like to ask if its medically advisable 2 continue drivin? I intend drivin till d d-day sha.
God bless all our LOs n may d mommies deliva safely without complications(amin)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
maryswags: agiboma thanks...but a doctor told me that progesterone supplements makes fibroids grow bigger,is that true?
And please since I had my last evacuation in january,my flow has been so irregular which never used to be,please any useful tips I could use 2 correct this? Also help with tests I could do to track and make sure I'm ovulating, I used opk (predicte) last month but it was a waste of money didn't understand d lines! May God bless u all!

I have not herd that progesterone can increase the size of fibroids. Here is a ttc thread the ladies on their are great in giving,suporting and sharing advice https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/89#318334.2855
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayobarmy(m): 5:02am On Jun 08, 2012
Morning mums, hnnnnmmmm, my big boy finnaly arrive ph yesterday after 41days in lagos, though i love evrything now but wat i cant really say i want is, its just a day now and I can only remember i slept for just 3hours which i will call a mixed feelings. Anyways the most important thing is, my boy is just fine, but can any1 explain this?(he makes this sound as if a new toyota camry's ignition is about starting anytime he stretches his body and he does that often.) 2, Any1 knows the closest phc center close to mile3 here in ph. Thanks and Good luck to all awaitin mummies.........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Blank good morning, i saw your mail and replied same day o. Could you please give me your e-mail address or have mine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 8:02am On Jun 08, 2012
Hi Bikay, i am in the same position as you, as in 30 weeks and sitting down all day. Like you too, i also drive to work and back and i do not think there's anything wrong with it; infact for my first baby, i drove myself to the hospital during labour! My husband travelled just that morning and i live alone, luckily it was a sunday so traffic was mild.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2012
ayobarmy: Morning mums, hnnnnmmmm, my big boy finnaly arrive ph yesterday after 41days in lagos, though i love evrything now but wat i cant really say i want is, its just a day now and I can only remember i slept for just 3hours which i will call a mixed feelings. Anyways the most important thing is, my boy is just fine, but can any1 explain this[size=38pt]?(he makes this sound as if a new toyota camry's ignition is about starting anytime he stretches his body and he does that often.) [/size]2, Any1 knows the closest phc center close to mile3 here in ph. Thanks and Good luck to all awaitin mummies.........

now dats funny
i can imagine u lookin at him wen he makes dat sound
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2012
I can't believe that i am in the middle of my second trimester and i still have not started ante-natal. I just can't meet up with their days and they do not do weekends. I went to register at 17 weeks and they said they will have to confirm that i am not registered elsewhere before they register me. Haven't gone back since then. I just keep praying that all is well. For now, its just the shortness of breath that i am battling with.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2012
@Diamondlove, I hope ur getting stronger.

@Bikay & Maran1983, I used to drive to work but I stopped driving when I was about 20 weeks due to the ffing reasons,

1. I sit all day at work.
2. My feet/ankle were swelling so badly.
3. My back/waist were aching!
4. I was having muscle cramps while driving.
5. I was falling asleep on the steering.
6. I was eating a lot of popcorn to stay awake while driving, this gave me constipation.
7. I was always pressed to ease myself while in traffic.

I join my hubby/ a neighbor sometimes in the morning, but most evenings I use public transportation (BRT). It's been great and takes me roughly over an hr to get home. I also use it as a form of exercise, the walk from the busstop to my house is 10mins.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ House, just want to share these few tips tht has helped me in my pregnancy, I do hope it helps someone else.

1st trimester.
1. I ate a lot of dry crackers & dry bread to control morning sickness.
2. No milk & fried stuffs , they made me puke.
3. I sucked on bitter kola all day to control the metallic taste.
4. I drank slightly brewed tea (lipton) & used tht powdered ginger tea to sweeten it, also used lemon sometimes.
5. I didn't take a lot of water cos it made me so sick.
6. Rested a lot.

2nd trimester.
1. I started eating regular food. (3 times a day)
2. Drank a lot of water to prevent constipation.
3. Ate an egg,an apple, an orange & slightly cooked ugu with fish everyday. (I wasn't taking my vitamins so I had to eat a lot of vegetable & fruit)
4. Walked at least 4 times a day for 30 mins. (15min in the morning, 15mins in the evening)
5. Started sitting & sleeping with my legs up.
6. Stopped working so hard, both office & at home. (Hubby supportive here, as he is ok with just noodles & egg as a meal.)
7. Taking a 30 min nap at work everyday.
8. Getting very comfortable maternity wears.

3rd trimester.
Am still in my early third trimester,

1. Bathing with fruity liquid soap every evening (This had a way of lifting my spirits & making me feel good with myself).
2. Redesigned my night wears instead of sleeping with wrappers. (lol), (e.g, they got tight around the boobs, so i used a scissors to cut open the necks.)This makes me feel very good with myself.
3. Sleeping on my left side with a pillow in between my legs.
4. Still drinking a lot of water. (I keep a bottle beside me at work)
5. Eating about 4-5 very small meals a day. (Eating to my fill makes me have heart burn & slower digestion)
6. No more biscuits / chocolate / sugar / sweetners/ etc, apart from me nt wanting to have a big baby, I noticed tht processed carbs make me feel so sick & sluggish.
7. Eating lots of fruits (You have to study ur system to determine what fruit goes down well with u.)for me, bananas are a nono! I get very sluggish & tired & sleepy after eating them. I think the sugar content is a bit too much for me. If I must eat it, I chop it into my breakfast oats.
8. Using a nice deodorant & fruity perfume (I fell out of love for flowery smells).
9. Wearing flat shoes & slippers.
10. Getting a foot & back massage every night from hubby.
11. Singing, yea it lifts my spirits.
12. Still taking my nap every afternoon.
13. Urinating, as the need be. (Don't store ur urine, urinate as soon as u feel pressed.)
14. Sleep early, in the evenings, no more late night scary movies.
15. Saying no to being a potato couch! Get up & move around. It helps the blood circulate.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ ayobarmy, you're very funny! Laff wan finish me oooo!!! Anyways, how are all u mommies and mommies to be? Madam and I are doing just great, she sleeps just fine nowadays
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bikay(f): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Maran1983 tnx jare, wishin us a safe delivery. I trust I will cope till d end..

@ Mogbomoya 30mins nap for my office is a no no *laffs* Tnx sha.
I don't xperience all dose stuff u mentiond xcept d mild backache. Tnk God I work on d mainland.

Baby dust to evrione TTC n for d mommies in d house, we shall all carry our LO to term n deliva safely(amin)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hey people! Hmmmmmn am here oh, I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. Am off bedrest. I was ill and admitted again last week and my Ob planned to induce me last weekend but changed his mind for whatever reason! Can you believe my stitch is still holding? Am off nifedipine now, yet no contractions... Infanct, I don tire sef. I 'll come online tomorrow again and hopefully have more interesting news... Btw, my feet are swelling oh and my BP is ok

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maryswags: 11:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Agiboma thank you so much!
recruitmnt I wish u a safe delivery, May God see u thru!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
@recruitment safe delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Bikay, you are welcome.
Recruitment I wish you a safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by titilaelae(f): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
maryswags: @ Agiboma thank you and God bless!

@ Titilaelae...thanks a lot for d info about ur experience with crystal hospital. Ironically someone referred me to one of their consultants @ crystal hospital, although I met him @ his private clinic, and he told me I have no other option than to operate it (kind of surprised cos none of them is inside my womb, just in the sorrounding muscles and d largest is about 3cm)...I actually ran off for my life! I'm really confused now cos each doctor has his own story 2 suit himself. Pls what injections and drugs were you placed on during your pregnancy? Because I just met another doctor that says he would place me on progesterone for bout 4 months when I'm preg again...just want to be sure!...thanks dear

The injection was 'Primolut N' but I can't remember the name of the tablet. I wonder who that consultant was that did not even give you a chance! shocked shocked shocked Like I said, it was their MD I consulted. Anyway, you go and try County as suggested by mogbomoya. May the good Lord see you through.

I congratulate all the new Mummies in the house, wish all the 'bigi belles' cheesy safe deliver and send baby dust to the rest of us. One love.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by subzidi: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
I'm tapping into the anointing of all preggys on this thread while believing God for my own BFP IJN!!! My AF will not show tomorrow till after nine months IJN !!!!! AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
sub_zidi: I'm tapping into the anointing of all preggys on this thread while believing God for my own BFP IJN!!! My AF will not show tomorrow till after nine months IJN !!!!! AMEN!!!

Amen oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 2:08am On Jun 12, 2012
Hi all, just checking in and out Madam and I are doing just great to the glory of God
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2012
cat walks in
aint i just looking sexy
winks

hi all, seems i have upgraded to the next level
fellingso great

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2012
@Diamond love, am happy ur doing great.

This tread is getting quiet!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hello all,

I'm just 26weeks but i hardly sleep at night.

It's not just very easy with office works but trying to cope.

Anyway, wish everyone safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hellooooo mummies,it's been a while o.Pls all,how does one know labour has started oo cos i dont know anything but right now i'm feeling some sharp pains of and on,could this be it?Agiboma and all,i need ur reply urgently ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 7:07am On Jun 13, 2012
Yeah d sharp pains like menstral cramps are a sign but u hv to notice the contractions increasing in intensity and the intervals should not be far apart. Like my own labour pains started on a tuesday d pains came at night but sometimes they will be five mins apart sometimes 30mins later on 1hrs and so on. I knew it wasn't time yet bt it continued like this until Thursday when I waas hving sme serious painful contractions that left me speechless I knew I had to go to d hospital. So check d intervaals with which d contractions cme $ if they r getting mre painful, ten u can go to d hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.