Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148189 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 10:34am On May 22, 2012
Igosun: Good morning my sisters do you know how am feeling now.......like is shd go and remove my pant but for God sake am in the office i wore loose pant before i left house this morning but everything is kind off now and am still at 33weeks not that an due you know.

O ga

Oh my!!! These my sisters won't kill me oh, choi! grin grin grin

Diamond, how are you? Hope ure better.

*deleted my rants grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:11pm On May 22, 2012
I'm fine ooo, motherhood is interesting though hectic, you're getting to know someone a little more everyday, everyday, I fall in love anew, she's so big now, you can't believe she's just 7weeks old!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 11:15pm On May 22, 2012
Ladies....(and gents) im here...im alive!!! i made it! i had the cutest baby girl ever on tuesday 8th may( 2 weeks today). Gosh it was tough! it was hard! it was 48 hours of labour from first contraction to the actual birth. I cried out to God so many times..i prayed like no mans business through every contraction. kai....but as all mothers say...it was worth it in the end. When my baby was put in my arms..i was going crazy with emotions of joy, pain, gratitude to God, the midwives, my hubby. My husband! he was my rock! he was with me through all my contractions and during the birth, he was the assistant midwife encouraging me to push out our baby...(although he was an asshole during my pregnancy), he rose to the occasion on the day.

Now baby is here, the work begins. my sleep life has gone out the window...my baby sleeps through the day Then at 1am, her eyes open and you know this is it! no be small work! thank God i have a husband so we share the night-shift, he carries small, i feed, we work together.

Life has changed. i used to be able to up and go when i pleased, that is no more! i would miss my old life! but im glad i rocked every stage of my life to the fullest so im looking forward to what this phase (motherhood) brings forth).

To all the preggers ladies...stay safe, stay healthy and to all the new mums...lets enjoy the ride cos they grow so fast! i would put a picture of baby up once i get a chance. im so lazy lol.

agiboma, how u dey??

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:41pm On May 22, 2012
@ IB thanks for the update and i loved the delivery story, you know their my favourite. I am great, living and loving life daily. Its great hubby is helping out. Enjoy you little princess ooo. About the sleepless night my LO is almost 2 and he still dont sleep @ night shocked shocked shocked.^^^^^ look at the time of this post he running around the house screaming as i type.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:18am On May 23, 2012
Congrats ib, it'll get better with time, God bless her
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 8:06am On May 23, 2012
big congrats Ib. soooo happy for u. May God bless u and ur lil princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 12:34pm On May 23, 2012
Congrats to all our newly born babies and mums. Enjoy this new phase of life. When your baby starts crawling around and you have to be constantly following him around, you will miss this period.

@ Post, I have found a cure to the itching. My MIL recommended NeoSkin or is it NeoClear. It’s an anti-inflammatory ointment. I was a bit hesitant when she gave me but I used it for my breasts. I woke up in the morning and realized that I slept very well as in no waking up to scratch. Nobody told me to douse all my itchy areas with the ointment. I only use it in the mornings and after my evening bath. No more itching. God be praised.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 1:36pm On May 23, 2012
Congratulations IB,God bless her and the family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 3:28pm On May 23, 2012
winkHello My friends,

I have drawn so much inspiration from your various posts that i have decided to post. I thank God, i am in my 11th week, counting from my LMP. I can relate to diamondlove...well, maybe not as bad, but i have those sessions at least 3 times a day. I have not yet registered for ante-natal, i stay in Ajah, n i am still looking out for a good clinic with a good doctor.

Meen, the past 5 weeks has been something else o. I just crave for rest, standing up every morning to go to work is a BIG problem, and i ALWAYS throw up while brushing,and when i get to work, mayb cos of the stress i pass thru to get to work, cos it doesnt happen on weekends.

Drinking water is a problem, but i understand the need for me to have fluids in my system, so i take ribena sometimes instead, or mineral, something that has taste. I take fruits sometimes too. If i am allowed, i can eat like 10 times a day, in the tiniest bits. When i am hungry its like i have not eaten in days, after 3 spoons i would be full, and if the food doesnt go down well, it ends up in the toilet.

I keep asking peeps wiv experience, please when will this end, i cant wait for it to end. I wonder when the bump will come out... wink

Another thing, my stomach area is begining to itch a bit...who knows what is abt?

God will see us through

Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 5:09pm On May 23, 2012
@ib congratulopia

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 6:22pm On May 23, 2012
corrall: winkHello My friends,

I have drawn so much inspiration from your various posts that i have decided to post. I thank God, i am in my 11th week, counting from my LMP. I can relate to diamondlove...well, maybe not as bad, but i have those sessions at least 3 times a day. I have not yet registered for ante-natal, i stay in Ajah, n i am still looking out for a good clinic with a good doctor.

Meen, the past 5 weeks has been something else o. I just crave for rest, standing up every morning to go to work is a BIG problem, and i ALWAYS throw up while brushing,and when i get to work, mayb cos of the stress i pass thru to get to work, cos it doesnt happen on weekends.

Drinking water is a problem, but i understand the need for me to have fluids in my system, so i take ribena sometimes instead, or mineral, something that has taste. I take fruits sometimes too. If i am allowed, i can eat like 10 times a day, in the tiniest bits. When i am hungry its like i have not eaten in days, after 3 spoons i would be full, and if the food doesnt go down well, it ends up in the toilet.

I keep asking peeps wiv experience, please when will this end, i cant wait for it to end. I wonder when the bump will come out... wink

Another thing, my stomach area is begining to itch a bit...who knows what is abt?

God will see us through

Thanks.

This just reminded me of my 1st trimester. I'll vomit about 3ce in the car, on my way to work. I vomit through the day at work. Everyone knew I was pregnant! Of course, I had to quit my job eventually. It should get better by 13/14 weeks.....hopefully! Btw, fruits causes secretion of acids which could make the nausea worse. So ensure you eat something about 30 mins after you eat fruits.

Ib, Congrats oh..kiss that baby for me cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 9:11pm On May 23, 2012
I really wanna thank God dat am 19weeks today, or more stylishly said in my 20th week. It's been God all through, my baby bump is already showing, it is only A̶̲̥̅̊ blind man dat won't notice it, God has been good. Am tired of wearing camisole and suit to work most days cos all my official dresses are no longer my size, looking for A̶̲̥̅̊ place to buy beautiful maternity formal dresses at A̶̲̥̅̊ reasonable price,
Congrats to all d new moms in d house
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:02pm On May 23, 2012
@ Blank thanks for sharing the name of the cream that worked for you, hopefully we can recommend it to others
@ Corrall welcome and congrats on your pregnancy.
@afrobaby smiley thanks for the update once you find a place for the maternity clothes let us know so others will have the contact available to them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by recruitmnt: 8:44am On May 24, 2012
Ayobarmy, where are you? How is your baby doing. Did your 34 weeker have any minor issues at all?

I know I won't deliver before 37 weeks IJN, but am kinda scared. I want to begin to do a bit more at 35 weeks... I hope the baby will be quite mature by then.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:45am On May 24, 2012
In Lagos, I shop at Strictlybabes in Lekki 1 and MollyPlus in Ikota Shopping Complex. There is also House of Ella in Aguda, Surulere. They all have very nice and stylish things. Strictly babes has a website in which you can order online and delivery is N300 to wherever you are. MollyPlus and House of Ella both have facebook pages.

But i always wonder why maternity clothes are so expensive.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 9:01am On May 24, 2012
@blank, mehn, dia stuff are damn expensive, really,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 10:05am On May 24, 2012
a big congratulations to Luvlee and Ib. May God bless your babies.

@agiboma, thanks for checking out on us. the last time i posted i was less than 8 weeks but the very day i clocked 8 weeks, i vomitted for the first time and since then, i have been vomitting everyday. people are suspecting that i am pregnant. the zip of my trousers dont close again, i sleep a lot. sometimes i wish i was not working, other times i feel like resigning.i have a very nice younger brother who has been taking care of me as hubby is in lagos expereincing his own morning sicknesses.

i am not sure mine is as worse as diamondlove's yet but i really admire her stregth and may God continue to give us that strength. i dont really drink water much, usually hot water, ribena, ginger tea, though i still vomitted this morning sha.

i dont take my vitamins as often as i used to because of vomitting.

I will still continue to thank God for this pregnancy.

@teewai, have u done the scan? hope all is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 10:46am On May 24, 2012
Congrats Ib. Welcome to motherhood. No more shows, movies, clubs for now.
Would have loved to attend a show this weekend but when I remember the bundle of joy at home, I just decided against it. He is such a cute lil boy that doesn't allow me to sleep at night. Am getting use to it sef!
@Corrall, welcome and am wishing you a successful and stress free pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 1:50pm On May 24, 2012
@Afrobaby,

Whats your budget. I shopped at Lagos Island, behind UBA marina.
2 Maternity trousers @ 4k
4 gowns @ 8k
1 jacket @5k
4 big sized camisoles @ 1k
1 maternity jeans at 5k.

Drinking Pap with lime helped me with my morning sickness then. Thank God its now a thing of the past. Can't believe am 7mths!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 2:32pm On May 24, 2012
@mogbomoya, u mean 2 trousers for 4K or 4k each, 4 gowns at 8k each or 2k each?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 3:34pm On May 24, 2012
@afrobaby,
Trousers @4k each
Gowns @8k each
Camisoles @ 1k each
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 3:55pm On May 24, 2012
mogbomoya: @Afrobaby,

Whats your budget. I shopped at Lagos Island, behind UBA marina.
What was the name of the shop or shops?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:17pm On May 24, 2012
Pls,mogbomoya i usually go to the island o,where's that shop located or what's the name o,i will like to try them too,thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 5:54pm On May 24, 2012
@Imurboss & blank,

I don't have a particular shop. There is this plaza behind UBA head office marina, you cannot miss it. There are different shops in the plaza, start from the front of the plaza and continue the shopping inside.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 5:59pm On May 24, 2012
Sorry to seem to be derailing, @ Mogbomoya, is it the plaza that has a lot of suits and eveing gowns for sale?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 6:26pm On May 24, 2012
Congrats to all d new mums, God will bless & enrich u all,
4 those of us expectant, d Lord will see us all thru & we shall all rejoice,
does ttc, God will fulfil His words in ur lives & u shall testify of His goodness,
am 32weeks,feels so heavy ...

Combed d whole of Lagos island for mat wears, ended up @ Alade market, d prices are almost same as earlier stated,

Those with massive tommy like mine dat might not want to go thru d LI stress, Alade market will help.

Hope 2 u share my wonderful birth story soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 11:41pm On May 24, 2012
Hi all,
Congrats to all the new mums, I know its been a while I've been here. It hasn't been easy coping with work and the home front and to make matters worse my nanny uped n left out of the blues; well, God is my strength.
Big ups to recruitment and diamondlove.
Agiboma my edd is in Aug,pls add it to the front page.
I wish us all a safe and successful delivery in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 10:30am On May 25, 2012
I shopped @ Joyful mothers kudirat abiola way oregun. It is opposite mobil service station on kudirat abiola way, prices r like the lagos island prices mentioned

Hello everyone cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:35am On May 25, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:53am On May 25, 2012
Yawns

Oh strength, hello peeps *cat walks*
Feelin grt 2day, afta 8drips and uncountable injections, damn my butt is swollen, bt I am so grateful 2 God, I wish 2 feel dis way all thru sha, still on hosp bed bt will b discharged 2day

Erm, dose of u who wants maternity wears, let me know ur sizes, I hav a cousin dat deal in dem, she cld bring dem 2 ur offices and u make ur choices
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 11:20am On May 25, 2012
Hello all.

I av a question as a first-time to-be mom.
I have registered in a general hospital since march and visited the docs once without any issue/negative response. But my probs now is that

I will like to know if there is any-thing or any test or scan to do at this stage

since i cant visit the hospital as the doctors are on strike.

Please, I am just 23 weeks.

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by infogenius(m): 2:22am On May 26, 2012
@Toyosi
No test , no scan unless you are having issues or as requested by a doctor.
But if you are not comfortable with the silence go to another hospital.

@all
Hi all,Nice job you mamas are doing on this thread.You will all continue to enjoy Supernatural Strength IJN. How time flies, and I can’t just wait for dday. My dw is 27 weeks on and about 13 weeks left. She no longer complains of all those sick aches despite the fact that she has gone back to her teaching. Now I can feel, touch and see my baby now. The baby has taken location around the sides not too far from the navel area. I see three visible points on her tummy where I humorously tell my wife is the knee, shoulder (at times bum bum) and the head of the baby. At times she will call me to come and see the baby moving. Good God, so I was in this position some years ago. Well I can’t wait to see this adventurous baby.

A testimony, in my last update I remember I wrote about what she was going through in pains in the joints and lower abdominal pains. She went for her ante natal at wk 21 (11th April) and a scan was requested. I accompanied her for the scan and the result was something I did not like. The result concluded like this “*The myometrium has intramural masses” The neat line read “The largest measure 8.1cm by 5.9cm” it further reads in two concluding line “*Normal 2nd trimester Cyesis” “Uterine fibroids”. Hmnn.

In reaction to the result, the dr we were seeing asked us to look for a gyn so that he can allow us to go to the gyns' hospital. My dw and I discussed what to do next but committed all to God. My prayer point was simple “What God has not planted in her body should be uprooted”
The pains persisted until one Sunday she could not go to church with me so I went alone. At my return I met her listening to a special ministration for mothers of Nation by Bishop Abioye(Shiloh 2010).Good at least she was not MIA that Sunday.She beacame so full of FAITH after the ministration. I no hear word again.

On the 5th of this month I moved her to another hospital and another scan was done. The concluding part of the scan result read “Normal (Late) 2nd Trimester Cyesis”. Goodness Uterine scrap disappeared! My joy is that despite the pains she went through in the early stages of her pregnancy, she never spat around for one day, no provoking morning sicknesses or vomiting. Infact God is a good God and I pray that every mother here carrying a baby in her tummy will give birth like the Hebrew women.Mother Alive,Child Alive IJN. The journey is pretty long but soon and very soon one day will the mostjoyous and the best day. I can’t wait.EDD Aug

Mothers I hail una no be small thing una dey go through.

My updates will keep coming ,it is just that it is not easy typing this post is long overdue.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.