Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,416 members, 7,958,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8447204 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (6974) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zee10(f): 6:57am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zee10(f): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2013
Congrats to Tjskii, Hummingbird and Mcfemad.May the Lord guide and Provide all that wld b needed to take care of them. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 7:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Congrats to the new mummies tjski and hummingbird, e ku owo lomi o God will keep them o e pele mas. Waoh I'm quite thrilled with all this good news I'm jst seeing o. Ti wa na a de o Amin.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2013
God has really been good to us on this thread we need to sing praises infact I feel like dancing already,4boys in july glory to God.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2013
Thank you all for the good wishes..may we continue to celebrate more babies by God's grace..my birthing story is quite a long one n I will say the ones I can remember...wen I later got home on Sunday,I was throwing up,hubby gave me the ORT but it seems it wasn't working,I was feeling very uncomfortable,den I sneaked to d kitchen,took a very chilled lacasera n drank it,I felt relived,anytin I wnt to throw up,its d gas dat comes out,went insyd d bathroon,took a cold shower, came inside and slept(hubby was makin lots of cals,contactin pple),arnd 12, I woke up to pee n I saw water on d bed,hubby wasn't asleep yet I cald I'm,he smelled it,n he askd me to start dressin up dat my water jst broke..he had already contacted his collegues so I was to give birth in a private hospital,by d tym I got inside d car I cudnt move my leg again,my breathin was becomin faster,we got to d hospital in Agbara around 1am..by 2.3oam,I was 8cm dilated, den I was getting real tired,hubby was ncouragin me,den he said I asked him to sing my favourite song for me(if that's what it takes by Celine Dion),by 3am,I cudnt sit again,I was jst telling God to forgive me all my sins cos I tot dat was the end of the road,those doctors and nurses were God sent..dey came to check me n I was already 10cm ,they wanted to wheel me into d labour room but I cudnt sit,so I walked down there wit my hubby all along the way..they prepd me..now to d main business,den I remembered wat Tskjii said dat 'jst 2 pushes and d baby will pop out'..all I cud say is that labour for me is lyk 'climbin a mountain wit a timer set for u,u climb as if someone is running after u wit a gun pointed @ u have to run for your precious life,,and ur life depends upon dis race'' dey teared me oooo,my first baby came out n his cry filled d room,den I felt lyk sleeping,I felt relived,after mintues,I didn't count bt dey said twas 4 mintues,my second big boy came,the pain wasn't as much as the first one..I didn't hear him cry wen I black out,but wen they wanted to stitch me up,dat was the only time I screamed,I didn't even know wen I was wheeled back into the room...wen I woke up,hubby was beaming wit smile,den I ask I'm y d teeth outside,he told me he jst defeated me 2-0,I shouted(we ddnt check d sex,we wanted a big suprise) n God really suprisd me

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2013
For all dos mothers out there,u will smile very soon by God's grace..to al dos out dia too dat are thinking of abortion,the best gift from God is that baby,its really the raw form of God's love n care towards us,abortion doesn't make you unpregnant,it makes the mother of a dead child..after 9 months,you will know how precious that 'tissue' is....God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2013
@hummingbird, what an experience, thank God all went well. I am scared of that episiotomy thingy o and to make it worse naija doctors don't numb the place before sewing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 9:55am On Jul 30, 2013
I am so so happy, Praise God for tjskii and hummingbird- we now have four boys in the house within one week; this is the Lord's doing and its marvelous in our eyes. I'm sure there are more boys coming to join- we're building a boys hostel smiley smiley smiley.
May the good Lord grant all the pregnant women in the house (and beyond) safe deliveries. You will all have great and good testimonies to share. Our babies will grow to perfection in Jesus name.

To all those in TTC, I'm trusting God for you; you'll have good news to tell/share very soon. Babies shall grow in your womb soon and you'll carry them to term.

double blessing:

To the latest dad on this thread,Mcfemad,e ku owo ni diapers. You are a great man.Love to wifey.

Thanks for the kind words, Double blessing, as a matter of fact, the arrival of my son was/is a double blessing to me; my career got a boost this same month and I'm really so happy about it.

Vigil has started already, my son wouldn't sleep through the nite, he only sleeps during the day and keeps vigil at night. It isn't easy as I've to resume work 8am every day; my wife is on morning duty while I do night- grin grin It worth it though and I thank God.

@Honey86, don't be scared of stitching ooo, come and see how they stitch my wife, but thank God sha! How are you doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2013
honey86: @hummingbird, what an experience, thank God all went well. I am scared of that episiotomy thingy o and to make it worse naija doctors don't numb the place before sewing.
dey numb the place in naija Oo, if nt d pain will be unbearable, one jst has to be cautious with eating so the baby won't be 2big.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2013
The labour thing scares the shit out of me o, God hlp me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Hummingbird: Thank you all for the good wishes..may we continue to celebrate more babies by God's grace..my birthing story is quite a long one n I will say the ones I can remember...wen I later got home on Sunday,I was throwing up,hubby gave me the ORT but it seems it wasn't working,I was feeling very uncomfortable,den I sneaked to d kitchen,took a very chilled lacasera n drank it,I felt relived,anytin I wnt to throw up,its d gas dat comes out,went insyd d bathroon,took a cold shower, came inside and slept(hubby was makin lots of cals,contactin pple),arnd 12, I woke up to pee n I saw water on d bed,hubby wasn't asleep yet I cald I'm,he smelled it,n he askd me to start dressin up dat my water jst broke..he had already contacted his collegues so I was to give birth in a private hospital,by d tym I got inside d car I cudnt move my leg again,my breathin was becomin faster,we got to d hospital in Agbara around 1am..by 2.3oam,I was 8cm dilated, den I was getting real tired,hubby was ncouragin me,den he said I asked him to sing my favourite song for me(if that's what it takes by Celine Dion),by 3am,I cudnt sit again,I was jst telling God to forgive me all my sins cos I tot dat was the end of the road
Honestly this is quite funny but i understand,thank u for this gist.
Mothers to be in the house na only God go help us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 10:42am On Jul 30, 2013
congratulation to madam tskii. i pray almighty God will renew ur strenght amen. stay blessed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 10:50am On Jul 30, 2013
Ladies in the house pls im noticing some stretch marks on my boobs n its giving me concern cos its not pretty at all, is it normal or wot can i use for it,i've not even been bold enof to tell d doctor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2013
esmeralda1: Ladies in the house pls im noticing some stretch marks on my boobs n its giving me concern cos its not pretty at all, is it normal or wot can i use for it,i've not even been bold enof to tell d doctor.
Sorry but stretch marks are natural. There have been several claims that certain things stop stretch marks but none have been scientifically proven. The only thing is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate... i.e drink lots and lots of water. My sister had the most terrible stretch marks when she was pregnant and she used bio oil to no effect. When i got pregnant i got scared but till now i dont have a single stretch mark, and i dont even use any cream/ lotion except for vaseline once in a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2013
esmeralda1: Ladies in the house pls im noticing some stretch marks on my boobs n its giving me concern cos its not pretty at all, is it normal or wot can i use for it,i've not even been bold enof to tell d doctor.
I've noticed it as well, its because the bosom is increasing in preparation for the baby, I don't think anything can be done about it though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2013
tjskii and hummingbird

Our Lord is indeed very good!!!!! congrats sisters...your joy will know no bounds with the birth of these precious heros!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2013
queen_labisi: dey numb the place in naija Oo, if nt d pain will be unbearable, one jst has to be cautious with eating so the baby won't be 2big.
How come hummingbird shouted when they started stitching. I also remember reading it on a thread on nairaland. the lady said the stitching was really painful. I'm trying to eat less o, I stopped eating beef only chicken or fish, mostly fish though. I eat lots of fruits, efo riro, then my swallow is usually small. Soft drink once in 2 weeks, only water. I don't eat icecream, no chocolate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2013
Esmeralda,there is really nothing your doc can do about stretchmarks. Many preventive measures has been mentioned in this thread,try palmers cocoa butter,it prevents further stretchmarks but won't remove the ones you have already.

@Hummingbird,
Wonderful birth story,your hubby must be one proud Dad grin

@ Honey86 , they giveoooooo,its just not effective on people like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
honey86:
How come hummingbird shouted when they started stitching. I also remember reading it on a thread on nairaland. the lady said the stitching was really painful. I'm trying to eat less o, I stopped eating beef only chicken or fish, mostly fish though. I eat lots of fruits, efo riro, then my swallow is usually small. Soft drink once in 2 weeks, only water. I don't eat icecream, no chocolate.
lol..I didn't knw wen dey teard it mayb I tot twas part of d labour o..apart frm d crownin n pushin out the babies head,its d most painful part of it all..nt dat painful sha so dnt be scared
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hummingbird your labour was very short considering that it was your first,God really gave you scholarship delivery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
hummingbird, your story is so sweet esp where you asked "why the teeth?" cheesy am so happy for you. grin Ayo akari oooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by k4kenny(f): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
I don't think they numb d area in GH o, my friend had her baby there, no numbing. My hospital do episiotomy regardless of d size of d baby. My gal was just 2.7kg and they still did it on M̶̲̅ε̲̣. Thank God for cocaine injection grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kaynee: 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Congrats to all the new mummies in d house
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
byvan: Hummingbird your labour was very short considering that it was your first,God really gave you scholarship delivery.
God knows am in a new city with nobody except my lovely husband
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Congrats to the new moms and dad...i see July was a great month for this thread

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Congrats humming bird, the Lord will look after ur new family,
@all I went for antenatal today and heard the heartbeat of my child was soooo excited, doctor said first time mothers dont feel baby kick untilmthe 18th week, is that true?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
@fnor
congrats on ur successful scan.
pls dont get scared if you dont feel the baby even after the 18weeks. Am first timer, l can say l started feeling my baby on and off from end of 20 weeks. sometimes l still feel the movements hasnt started.

@esmerald
l use shea butter from day one, with that l never had any single itching as the belle expands and no single stretch mark so far.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
@fnor, its generally true but there are some exceptions. I started feeling mine at 15 weeks.
this episiotomy shit is scary. Midwives in the UK use it as a last resort, I tire for naija o.
I came across this front baby carrier that mimics backing baby, moby wrap. Does anyone have any experience with this?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
@udoka i use shea butter as well, though not from day one but i can say d marks came even before i went to test that i was pregnant,and my tummy is completely smooth but i dont understand this one.
@fnor im in my 18th week thereabout n i think i can feel the movement little by little its so funny hw it works i like it o
@honey86 dont worry about this episiotomy thing they've said the joy of havin ur LO in ur arms will clear d pain off ur mind moreover God will see us thru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
@esmeralda
keep using the shea butter, it may not clear it completely now, but it will stop if from spreading. Nothing your doc will do about it, u have to deal with it cheesy

@all already mamas
pls how did you care for your breas.t? someone said l shd use cotton and olive oil to clean after bath. l did it few times, and it seems so boring and not working, even though l dont know what to look out for grin before complaining its not working. Please how did you care for yours and at what stage did you start caring for it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ok, thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
@Udoka2. When i went to the hospital i was told about the olive oil and cotton wool... But wait a minute, husband don abandon the place? grin *i guess u understand what i mean...* #wink#

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (6974) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.