Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150617 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
@chestnut,My first was 3.8,2nd was 4.2, both with tears.Food is so irrestible to me now and I have always been slim,How the content of my womb get so big is what I don't understand. Nah God I dey beg to spare me the tears this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
@byvan, does big babies run in your husband's family?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
To be honest,i never really asked but they deliver very easily irrespective of the babies sizes,According ML,my hubby was big but I don't know of her other kids.Both of my babies where very easy delivery but the damage they leave behind........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
I read somewhere that the size of the husband at birth determines the size of the baby. you try o 4.2 vaginally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by anjyskye: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
I've been a silent follower of dis page since last yr n i must say u'allare doing great job, congratz 2all d new mothers n father, i'm inmy 38wk n can't wait 2hold my baby don't no if a boy or girl. Dis month there shall be divine visitation for all, d bible says d glory of d latter house shall surpass d former, so dis month there shall be lots n lots of congratulations. Happy new month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
@honey,it was so easy to push that I didn't notice that the taaa!! Sound I heard was my flesh tearing grin,thank God I had it easy but the stitching no be hereoooooo,you wan try screaming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
byvan: @honey,it was so easy to push that I didn't notice that the taaa!! Sound I heard was my flesh tearing grin,thank God I had it easy but the stitching no be hereoooooo,you wan try screaming?
omg, I would have fainted. I fear episiotomy o, I'm yet to enjoy my marriage, I don't want them to scatter that place at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
anjyskye: I've been a silent follower of dis page since last yr n i must say u'allare doing great job, congratz 2all d new mothers n father, i'm inmy 38wk n can't wait 2hold my baby don't no if a boy or girl. Dis month there shall be divine visitation for all, d bible says d glory of d latter house shall surpass d former, so dis month there shall be lots n lots of congratulations. Happy new month
You are welcome. when the time comes you shall deliver like the Hebrew women ijn. plenty celebration this month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
grin once it is well stitched and proper episiotomy care carried out,you won't have to worry about the.......the difference ll only be in your mind.Kegel exercise helps too,i intend to start perineal massage at 36weeks to minimize or probably evade tearing this time,i never heard of perineal massage before I had the previous babies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
I hope so. I'm practically starving myself so I can have a small baby. I will also try d perinneal. May God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
I tried starving myself but couldn't make it,God ll see us through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Trust everyone is doing fine.

My 12days old baby is having cough and catarrh with repeated sneezing, someone suggested we give Amplicox but I'm against that. I gave him Vit C drop this evening when I saw his laboured breathing; we've been told at the hospital not to give anything except breast milk.

I'd taken up a fight with granny this night as she insists we give Ampiclox claiming that was what they gave to me then kiss kiss I planned taking him to the hospital tomorrow morning,though.

Any home remedies?

@Honey86, I understand your fears, I checked how my wife was stitched today and I was like; will this thing remain the same again? grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 02, 2013
Mcfemad:

My 12days old baby is having cough and catarrh with repeated sneezing, someone suggested we give Amplicox but I'm against that. I gave him Vit C drop this evening when I saw his laboured breathing; we've been told at the hospital not to give anything except breast milk.

I'd taken up a fight with granny this night as she insists we give Ampiclox claiming that was what they gave to me then kiss kiss I planned taking him to the hospital tomorrow morning,though.

Any home remedies?

@Honey86, I understand your fears, I checked how my wife was stitched today and I was like; will this thing remain the same again? grin grin
e yah, poor baby. have you tried using hot(not very hot o more like warm make we no burn baby) water and mentholatum?. you use it to massage his body after birth and pay special attention to the chest. if you have nasal aspirator, you can use it to relieve give him temporary relief. pls don't give him ampiclox without prescription.
That sewing thing is nasty. I don't want to come to nairaland to ask for how to strengthen that place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettease(f): 12:45am On Aug 02, 2013
I witnessed something sweet yesterday and i just want to share it, not the first time i am witnessing a c-section but this one is special:
A pregnant woman(scan showed twins) came for her routine antenatal care and it was discovered that only one baby's fetal heart sounds could be heard. She went for an emergency ultrasound scan that showed that they were two babies but one of the babies wasn't alive and luckily they weren't in the same sac. She said she fell a few days back and didn't report to the hospital or anyone cos she didn't feel there was any risk(this is very dangerous cos aside the death of a foetus, there are other life threatening complications so she was supposed to hav reported to the hospital immediately!)
She was taken to the theatre for an emergency c-section. The first baby(a boy) wasn't alive, the second baby(a girl) was fine. The surgeon palpated the uterus and discovered another sac that was behind the first two, he was surprised cos the ultrasound scan done even dat day showed twins! He tore open the sac and behold! Another baby! A baby boy!
You should have seen the joy in the theatre. Mother and babies are currently doing fine and i just want to thank God for their lives. Thank you Lord!

Pls report anythng you feel might be a threat to you or/and your baby no matter how little/ridiculous it seems or how fine you feel. Don't wait for your clinic date to report such matters, do it as soon as possible. God bless you all and your babies and for the expectant mums, grant you safe delivery kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 02, 2013
Chestnut: @rukemi291 thanks jare i understand U̶̲̥̅̊. @byvan U̶̲̥̅̊ made M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ remember wen i was pregnant with my son,my husband was starving M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ of some foods due to †ђξ fear for †ђξ weight of †ђξ baby,he wouldn't let M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ eat egg with my yam,i will use fish sauce instead i was really angry at him den but later thanked him wen my baby came weighing 3.5kg A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ i heard no tear. So watch out
wish it was that easy, I'm always hungry nd I can eat anywhere when Im out, but I try nd skip lunch nd take just fruits, ill try harder anyway cos I dnt want to be stitched.. God will see us thru,..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2013
Hi every1. I have been a silent follower of this awesome family and have enjoyed every moment I spend here. I must say thank you to everyone that has contributed 1 or 2 things to d house. I'm now 8wks+ and ll b due in march by his Grace. I hv been so lucky o no much symptoms just tired at times. I pray that God ll give our new mummies n daddies d wisdom to care for their little ones and also wish all those still on course a stress free journey. Amen. luv u all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:45am On Aug 02, 2013
to all the new mom and dads congrats
@mcfad please give your little one the amplicox, little babies immune system is still developing after birth and childrens lungs develop up until the age of 7. My 4 month old had a cold and cough i gave her amoxicillin syrup for a few days it cleared up. if a child/infant is having "laboured breathing"vit. c will not cure the problem, giving a newborn antibiotic will not harm them. hope LO feels better soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2013
@Sweet tease. Woooooooow. The ways of God are simply mysterious.
@New Moms. U r welcome.
@Byvan&honey86. Now i am scared o. The thing i crave mostly for right now is..........icecream and i take a #400 bowl in atmost 3days interval. I want to get a bit fat,weighing just 53kg, imagine........but i'm scared baby gets big o. What will i do now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2013
I'm 8wks and i eat almost anything that can pass through my throat. Pls at what stage shud I start minding what i eat because i don't want my baby to be obese. Thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 02, 2013
@joilin,I think from 3rd trimester cos that's when baby starts adding fat but its advisable to start cutting down before then so that by then you will be used to eating healthy.
@rukemi, my method is kinda crazy, I just convince myself why taking the ice cream is bad for my health. I've not had it in over a month even though its in my freezer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dBard: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2013
joilin: I'm 8wks and i eat almost anything that can pass through my throat. Pls at what stage shud I start minding what i eat because i don't want my baby to be obese. Thanks in advance

Been seeing mothers talking abt fasting while pregnant. pls it is not advisable n potentially risky n doesnt do naught f d size of d baby.
the body will alwys try t maintain d babys health regardless of mothers butritional status. that is y babies born t malnourished motgers still cum out wit normal weights in many cases.
That said, in pregnancy it is advised t increase protein intake while reducing carbogydrate intake with increased fruits n veggies f d necessary vits n mins.
Babies weights shld b of concern from 24 weeks, that is wen signs of macrosomia frm gestational diabetes become evident.
Hope this helps cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dBard: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2013
Mcfemad:

Any home remedies?

If ur babys breathing is beciming laboured den u best seek medical help.
Dnt knw wat d conditions at birth was but tge baby mite ve aspirated something(meconium) during d birth process that has predisposed him/her t rti.
Antibiotics t children witout proper prescription is not advisable please.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2013
@dbard, thanks for the tip. By the way, are you a doctor?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dBard: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2013
byvan: @honey,it was so easy to push that I didn't notice that the taaa!! Sound I heard was my flesh tearing grin,thank God I had it easy but the stitching no be hereoooooo,you wan try screaming?

maybe u shld talk t ur midwives/doctors.
An episiotomy is usually preferable once u notice dre mite b a risk of tearin, esp f big babies.
Episiotomies r controlled n even if a tear further occurs it will b along d line of d episiotomy. that way they r neater, easy t suture n d outcomes r b beta.

A well sutured episiotomy will be almost indiscernible frm d normal skin after it heals..but it has t b well sutured.. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2013
@ sweet tease,a birth miraculous story,thanks for sharing.

@Rukemi, i think people's body differ.i know heavy eaters whose babies weighed less than 3kg.Please eat up,53kg is too small for a preggy mama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks dbard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks a lot @honey86 and dbard. At least am relaxed nw 2 eat anytin i want till 24wks: still far. #smiles
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
Now, why we are trying to safeguard our Vs,we should also ensure we don't make our babies underweight.The mortality rate for underweight babies are high,most look sickly from birth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
I doubt its possible to have underweight babies in Nigeria with our high carb diet. If it happens, its possible that other factors such as caffeine, alcohol or medication that is responsible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Yeah,it happens hereooo,maybe alcohol possibly played some roles.Premies are likely to be underweight too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettytrust: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hi mums concerning the episiotomy wen I had my first baby my dr told me that my baby was big and wen I deliverd she weightd 4.6kg n during d delivering I didn't even no wen dey cut me it was when dey startd stiching I notice d pain hmmm it wasn't funny at all but I did my sitting n everytin dr tld me to do n d healing came so fast...d funny thing again my baby was just. 4mths I got pregnant again I was so scared but my dr tld me everytin will b fine so now wen my baby is clocking a year old I will deliver my second baby...d stress am going thru now nor easy at all .am in my 17th week I no God will see me thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
@pretty trust, I can imagine how difficult it must be taking care of a baby and going through pregnancy issues.it is well. God will see you through.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.