Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8162957 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prettypresh(f): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hello mummies in da huz, how una bobos and babes dey? Plss am worried abt something. Am approaching my 38thweeks nd havnt felt sick for once but my doc gave me fansida tabs yesterday nd while examing me, he asked if i was having vaginal discharge wc i told him yes though odourless nd it dosnt itch me but he said its not normal for a pregg woman to have discharge nd he gave me Amoxyl antibiotics 3 tyms daily but i hav refused taking it cos i dnt knw if its safe. Nd plss who knws if d discharge is normal or not and is d fansida for antimalaria safe? Ur advise plsss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
@Rukemi, Am on fetal weight loss break today,too much awoof wedding rice grin I can't miss that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
Prettypresh: Hello mummies in da huz, how una bobos and babes dey? Plss am worried abt something. Am approaching my 38thweeks nd havnt felt sick for once but my doc gave me fansida tabs yesterday nd while examing me, he asked if i was having vaginal discharge wc i told him yes though odourless nd it dosnt itch me but he said its not normal for a pregg woman to have discharge nd he gave me Amoxyl antibiotics 3 tyms daily but i hav refused taking it cos i dnt knw if its safe. Nd plss who knws if d discharge is normal or not and is d fansida for antimalaria safe? Ur advise plsss
It's quite common to have more vaginal discharge during pregnancy.

What you're noticing is probably normal leukorrhea – the odorless or mild-smelling milky discharge that you may have noticed in your underwear before you were pregnant. There's just a lot more of it now, partly because of increased estrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area. This discharge is made up of secretions from the cervix and vagina, old cells from the walls of the vagina, and normal bacterial flora from the vagina.

You'll probably notice more vaginal discharge as you approach labor, although it's likely to look somewhat different from the flow you've become accustomed to...so since it isn't smelling or itching,you are safe
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Naija and some kind doctors ehn. He didn't perform a smear test, he just decided to prescribe antibiotics to a pregnant woman. Excess vaginal discharge is normal as long as its not smelling or itch. Some women have experience it and some don't. Pls was it at a private hospital?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prettypresh(f): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2013
@Honey86, yes oo it was in a private hospital. He said it can cause sepsis or infection in an infant afta delivery. Me i no go take d antibiotics oo, make anytin no happen to my bundle of joy cos i hav gone too far. I will still call my midwife to confirm frm her. Thnx all nd wish u d strength of a lioness.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2013
@hummingbird thank u ma I ll try and cut the salt intake. Never knew it has such a bad effect.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2013
Good morning all, thanks hummingbird for that info, iyabeta u r highly welcome the lord is indeed is worthy of praise,
@joilin pls reduce ur salt intake o, my legs av started swelling n I was told it d salt I take that's much.
@ all pls my leg is swelling n someone suggested I start taking pregnacare as iit helps to reduce it pls hw true is this. Btw I'm 20wks old
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2013
Prettypresh: @Honey86, yes oo it was in a private hospital. He said it can cause sepsis or infection in an infant afta delivery. Me i no go take d antibiotics oo, make anytin no happen to my bundle of joy cos i hav gone too far. I will still call my midwife to confirm frm her. Thnx all nd wish u d strength of a lioness.
Before you take the drug pls insist on a swab.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2013
esmeralda1: Good morning all, thanks hummingbird for that info, iyabeta u r highly welcome the lord is indeed is worthy of praise,
@joilin pls reduce ur salt intake o, my legs av started swelling n I was told it d salt I take that's much.
@ all pls my leg is swelling n someone suggested I start taking pregnacare as iit helps to reduce it pls hw true is this. Btw I'm 20wks old
Whao, I can imagine how painful it must be. I'm not sure about pregnacare helping o but generally it is very good. I was on it but realised it makes me sick so I had to stop and just started taking folic acid, vitamin d, calcium and blood tonic. You just need to reduce your salt and drink a lot of water, you should be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
@pretty presh. I was told to stop Fansidar or septrin even before my pregnancy because i am allergic to sulpha drugs. So pls confirm well before you take it o.
Secondly, discharge is normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
esmeralda1: Good morning all, thanks hummingbird for that info, iyabeta u r highly welcome the lord is indeed is worthy of praise,

Pregnacare dosnt reduce swelling,it contains supplements to help ur baby devvelop properly,by now I'm sure ure alredy takin supplements,folic acid et al
As for d swelling,its a normal thing in pregnancy,try to wear less restrictive clothing,stop putting on shoes with heels or that are tight,try not to stand still for too long,and then rest ur legs up on a stool as often as possible,this helps minimize swelling
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
Prettypresh: @Honey86, yes oo it was in a private hospital. He said it can cause sepsis or infection in an infant afta delivery. Me i no go take d antibiotics oo, make anytin no happen to my bundle of joy cos i hav gone too far. I will still call my midwife to confirm frm her. Thnx all nd wish u d strength of a lioness.
Although amoxicillin is totally safe in pregnancy, it is always better to have done a swab test before taking any antibiotics. Discharge is normal in pregnancy as long as it is not copious thick itchy smelly burning or otherwise. If he prescribed the drugs after a vaginal speculum examination then it is possible he may have seen the discharge coating your cervix. However you still need a test as indiscriminate administration of antibiotics should be a thing of the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prettypresh(f): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
I dont react to any drug but since no swab test was carried out nd d discharge is not itchy so i considered not taking d antibiotics. Thnx to all who contributed so much in one way or d oda, am happy. Am counting in days now ooo. Plsss i need ur prayers oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
Prettypresh: I dont react to any drug but since no swab test as carried out nd d discharge is not itchy so i considered not taking d antibiotics. Thnx to all who contributed so much in one way or d oda, am happy. Am counting in days now ooo. Plsss i need ur prayers oo.
:Dmadam,I have you in my prayers..wen its time,u go in there n deliver like d hebrew woman..lik what @tskjii told me during my own time,jst two pushes n d baby wil pop out grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2013
byvan: @Rukemi, Am on fetal weight loss break today,too much awoof wedding rice grin I can't miss that.

I wouldnt miss wedding rice for anything too o.... Enjoy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by anjyskye: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2013
morin all join me in prasing God, i've been delivered of a baby girl. Mcfemad, humming bird tsjkii oyaaa make una begin bring yammmmmmsssss oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2013
anjyskye: morin all join me in prasing God, i've been delivered of a baby girl. Mcfemad, humming bird tsjkii oyaaa make una begin bring yammmmmmsssss oooo
cheesy cheesy congratulations ooo...m so apy...dnt worry m bringing yams nw n pls kiss d precious bby fr me kiss cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prettypresh(f): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Congratulobiaaaaa! May God Provide all u need to take care of ur babe.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2013
Anjy congrats ooo cheesy grin,so happy for u,I don send d yams na,usman never reach ur side ni
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2013
anjyskye: morin all join me in prasing God, i've been delivered of a baby girl. Mcfemad, humming bird tsjkii oyaaa make una begin bring yammmmmmsssss oooo
Congratulations o Anjy, Olorun a wo Olorun a dasi,Welcome new born baby.
tjskii: Anjy congrats ooo cheesy grin,so happy for u,I don send d yams na,usman never reach ur side ni
grin grin grin
Good Morning.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2013
Honey86, tjski n all thanks for ur reply, i think i'll jst stick to my folic acid n vitamin B co then.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Congrats Anjy, Mcfemad 's son just got a wife grin.Take care of the Angel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2013

*dancing azonto* congrats dear, Yes o, let all the boys mamas and mcfemad start lining up, the one with the biggest yam will win her hand. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by anjyskye: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ all tanx,make i quick go write list for d guys @least b prepared to include range rover for wetin una wan bring o. Ok now letz go there.................
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
@anjyskye big congratulations to u. May God keep u n the baby safe and sound. If there was any experience pls share with us o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
anjyskye: @ all tanx,make i quick go write list for d guys @least b prepared to include range rover for wetin una wan bring o. Ok now letz go there.................
ee ee..range rover small oo..na Bugatti my Rafe dey bring come..n I av specially ordered for a trailer of yam.. cheesy grin
cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
Congrats anjyskye, may the Lord watch ova her.
@iyabetajos, welcome to the family grin. The ibetas are finally here!
@mama udoka, hope u and lo are good?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2013

Yay. Congratulations Dear. I am so happy for you. I wish i can see the cutie. You now have someone to share your make-up kits with... grin

@God. Abeg, please, biko let me also carry my kickboxer/twister in my arms with joy. Let nothing bad happen to this little prince/princess that has turned my uterus into a boxing ground. Amin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
@anjiskye, am so happy 4 u God will take care of the little amgel 4 us, am coming to eat rice on monday with my biggy belle lolz..... hope all the rice will full my belle . pls we cant wait to hear ur story
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizzD: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hello everyone. I av been a silent follower of this thread. I am 20wks preg nd av had dis pains in my navel area and also 2wards d left side of my tommy. Its usually gets bad @nyt dat I hardly sleep. av bin havin dis pain since abt 6wks ago not frequent but av had it up to 3 or 4x now. Pls is dis normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by anjyskye: 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
d story.............
Went for anc on thursday, couldn't sleep till dawn on friday as early as 7am on friday went 2d hosp complained was checked n doc saidi was only 2cm dilated dt i should come back by 4pm, went back 4pm same story, 2.5cm told 2 come back @ night, all 2ru d contractions were painful. When it was 2am went again still same story so i slept in d hosp.
Sat morin 6am left hosp came home n was able 2 sleep for 2hrs since thursday dat i've not slept.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 2:52am On Aug 13, 2013
anjyskye: d story.............
Went for anc on thursday, couldn't sleep till dawn on friday as early as 7am on friday went 2d hosp complained was checked n doc saidi was only 2cm dilated dt i should come back by 4pm, went back 4pm same story, 2.5cm told 2 come back @ night, all 2ru d contractions were painful. When it was 2am went again still same story so i slept in d hosp.
Sat morin 6am left hosp came home n was able 2 sleep for 2hrs since thursday dat i've not slept.
wow, a process everywoman wish to go through. May God answer all those wishing to have this experience.

anjy, we are listening

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hadebiimiipee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.