Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,351 members, 7,853,543 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (91400 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
RIM just made my evening, currently downloading the new os, I hope everything goes well and Happy bday mate!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by walata2011(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
Just downloaded the new blackberry PlayBook os 2.1. Still putting it under test, exploring some of the new features like accessing text messages on the PlayBook through the blackberry bridge. All the existing android apps side loaded are still working fine. Anybody doing the upgrade should also update the blackberry bridge apps from bb apps world.
We need more user experience on this new os upgrade.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
It feels a lot faster tho. Updated bridge but haven't used it. Hopefully it doesn't disconnect on its own anymore.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 3:15am On Oct 04, 2012
newman10:

few units left. call for yours now

@Newnam, thou ignorest mine query. Where are you at? Abj? Lag? Have you got something on VGA to ext display like projector too? Drop your pin
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 3:20am On Oct 04, 2012
I would like to announce that after 2 months of abstinence from and ignorance of my 64G PB, my brother was able to update my OS 2 days ago. I am yet to see it though.
I may now flow along with folks here.
Thank you all for your pieces of advice then.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2012
BlackBerry playbook update 2.1.0.1032 finally released.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Anybody tried sideloading on dis new OS 2.1 ?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by rivieranights: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Lexusgs430: BlackBerry playbook update 2.1.0.1032 finally released.
any improvement in battery life?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by konari(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
@TCD ok, I've been able to install the Connectify also connect my playbook as well as other devices but icant get any Internet connection on the playbook or any of the other devices. Please help your guy out o!!!!

Os2.1 rocks mehn!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
riviera_nights: any improvement in battery life?

Not noticed any yet, too early to judge. Not like I am bothered, power supply not an issue for me.
The only thing I seem to like on this new update, is the sms functionality now integrated into the playbook, yes you can now send and receive text messages from your playbook !!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by newman10(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
alstacs:

@Newnam, thou ignorest mine query. Where are you at? Abj? Lag? Have you got something on VGA to ext display like projector too? Drop your pin

I'm so sorry, I've been away. I'm in Lagos. I have just micro HDMI cables for now.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 3:44am On Oct 05, 2012
riviera_nights: I have a playbook that has been blinking red light twice. ,at intervals and wouldn't come on.can you fix it? how can I meet you.
yes i can fix it. am in ibadan and abuja......if u can get to any of these locations or send it tru a bus to me. i'll fix it. call me on 08056330358.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 3:52am On Oct 05, 2012
riviera_nights: I have a playbook that has been blinking red light twice. ,at intervals and wouldn't come on.can you fix it? how can I meet you.
yes i can fix it. call 08056330358
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2012
konari: @TCD ok, I've been able to install the Connectify also connect my playbook as well as other devices but icant get any Internet connection on the playbook or any of the other devices. Please help your guy out o!!!!

Os2.1 rocks mehn!
make sure you select the right modem or internet connection that's active to share.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2012
Guys apart from the sms functionality any other improvements from the beta? And those that were on the 2.1 beta, did you have to reload your android apps after the upgrade?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by walescon(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Who's got a blackberry playbook for sale?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2012
Hey know u loving this thread.
You can particpate if you r yet 2 own urs by grabbing dis brand New tear rubber 32gb Playbook imported directly from RIM motherland Canada,Selling fast for 47k only.
3 pcs available.
Place your Order Now!!!
Email or call-07036814644.

Also available Canadian used Curve 9360 for 32k only

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by walata2011(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
TCD: Guys apart from the sms functionality any other improvements from the beta? And those that were on the 2.1 beta, did you have to reload your android apps after the upgrade?
All my android apps are still working fine after the upgrade. The upgrade is smooth with no issues.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
konari: Thanks TCD, however whenever I try to download the connectify I always get download error at about 70% and this happens everytime, I tried it over 10 times already.

Have you tried loading "tango" on playbook?

@omosuji: where did you get "tubemate"?
Goodreader.com has a lot of bar files including tubemate. You have to be able to sideload though.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 5:10am On Oct 07, 2012
@TCD- the isilo reader on your desktop, was it side loaded? If yes, kindly send to me alstacs@yahoo.com.

Do have anything that can read .chm files?

Has anyone installed mobipocket reader on the playbook?

My experience with bridge on mtn EDGE bridge isn't d best but similar to what I experience on my phone, so I'm coping.. But slowly
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Gadgetmobil(m): 7:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Stop waitng n longin 2 join dis group,just call grab ur playbook for almost same price w d 16gb n dis playbook cud b urs.Rem we r giving out dis 32gb playbooks at balmost same price w d 16gb.Go ahead n call 07036814644
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mehn u guys have been enjoying yourself with this wonderful machine called the PlayBook.
See all the swipes and the sideloading all over the place.
I tried this machine today with 3G on mtn bridging and it was wonderful. I have never seen this on any tablet.
The swipes are something else,no keypad no button.
Guys I am sorry if I sound like a JJC,tis excitement over RIM. Can't believe they have this advantage over all the others and they allowed the market to slip out of their hands.
Thanks to all the gurus in the house.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
alstacs: Mehn u guys have been enjoying yourself with this wonderful machine called the PlayBook.
See all the swipes and the sideloading all over the place.
I tried this machine today with 3G on mtn bridging and it was wonderful. I have never seen this on any tablet.
The swipes are something else,no keypad no button.
Guys I am sorry if I sound like a JJC,tis excitement over RIM. Can't believe they have this advantage over all the others and they allowed the market to slip out of their hands.
Thanks to all the gurus in the house.

Welcome to the sane playbook club !!!! Hope you have already updated yours to the 2.1 update ? The latest update enables sms functionality from your playbook and much more.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Welcome to the sane playbook club !!!! Hope you have already updated yours to the 2.1 update ? The latest update enables sms functionality from your playbook and much more.

Yea, started on Fri, I'll complete that tomorrow. Kindly help with the following querries I earlier posted:

@TCD- the isilo reader on your
desktop, was it side loaded? If yes,
kindly send to me alstacs@
yahoo.com.
Do have anything that can read .chm
files?
Has anyone installed mobipocket
reader on the playbook?

I also need a cable to connect the PB to an external VGA display like the powerpoint projector. How do I get that?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 1:21am On Oct 08, 2012
My playbook just packed up.I just completed the update and it prompted me for a restart.I cllicked ok and it went dead.light is showing on d screen,but nothing is displaying,the led isn't even blinking.
The 2nd Playbook that has gone in 6months. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:18am On Oct 08, 2012
dan_dollar: My playbook just packed up.I just completed the update and it prompted me for a restart.I cllicked ok and it went dead.light is showing on d screen,but nothing is displaying,the led isn't even blinking.
The 2nd Playbook that has gone in 6months. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
sorry about that. Reload/repair the OS using desktop manager.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2012
alstacs:

Yea, started on Fri, I'll complete that tomorrow. Kindly help with the following querries I earlier posted:

@TCD- the isilo reader on your
desktop, was it side loaded? If yes,
kindly send to me alstacs@
yahoo.com.
Do have anything that can read .chm
files?
Has anyone installed mobipocket
reader on the playbook?

I also need a cable to connect the PB to an external VGA display like the powerpoint projector. How do I get that?
got the isilo from goodereader playbook android app store then sideload. Just google it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2012
Hmmmm thats swerious o dan_dollar, whats the status on the playbook now.
Is it on but blank screen,or whats it like now. Did u try switching it off n on if not just tell me what it is like i think i can help u.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2012
Niiade: Hmmmm thats swerious o dan_dollar, whats the status on the playbook now.
Is it on but blank screen,or whats it like now. Did u try switching it off n on if not just tell me what it is like i think i can help u.
I tried everything I could till like 2am this morning,no response.left it and slept off.when I woke up this morning,it was still in the same state.I just thought to do a hard reset on it again.suprisingly,it went off and rebooted again.Its ok now.

I still have the first one that blinks red light twice at intervals and has refused to come up.took it back to slot for repairs,but it was returned to me in the same state.can u fix that?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Kaybaba5(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2012
which type of video format can u play on playbook, does it support all the format
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Ogundale(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2012
Bb playbook is cramp just bought an ios 4 you know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (66) (Reply)

Cheap Android Phones That Cost 7000 Naira To 15000 Naira. / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.