Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! (14087 Views)

The False Accusations Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / Photo - Buhari Meets Jeffery Feltman USG UN. Dept Of Political Affairs. / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by bodejohn(m): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2012
The thread started on a good note but as usual it has changed lanes with insults and tribalism. Can we ever have a thread on NL that will be without insults?
To the topic of the thread, for me it is not only about who heads the WB but is there anything in it for us as gains. We have at different forums lamented the suffering that the european imperialists have melted on developing countries through agencies such as the WB and the IMF. So why are we interested in the leadership of such agencies? Will a NOI presidency of the WB change obnoxious policies of the agency towards Africa and other developing countries? On the flip side what was the contribution of NOI to the development of Africa when she was at the WB aside paying more money in the search for debt forgiveness?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Ironi: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2012
Did Nigeria lobby Ghana for them to go along and support their nominee or Nigeria just assumed that all African countries would automatically support their nominee? Ghanaians are Ghanaians. They don't follow Nigerian issues and do not keep track of Nigerian professionals working anywhere.So if Nigeria nominates somebody for an international position and they want support from other African countries, what you do is lobby.
If you don't show respect by trying to lobby and just assume that everybody should support you then you'll be fooling yourself. There are tons of people who could fill that position so sell your nominee. I doubt whether Nigeria did that. Maybe he did it with countries who he thinks matters.

It's Nigeria's call.

Ghanaians don't track the Nigeria nominee's career. wink wink wink cheesy
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by OAM4J: 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2012
edo.girl:
Ghana has to play this in line with its national interest. From a Western, and possibly global perspective, Ghana is seen currently as the social, political, and yes, economic flag bearer in West Africa - size isn't everything they say! Ghana may well calculate that supporting an American as opposed to an African will portray it in the international community as a modern, open country that is willing to look beyond a parochial/default 'African first' policy. The Obama white house which appears to be in a perpetual love-in with Ghana will certainly notice that. Our folks in Ogbomosho, Abakaliki , or Zaria might struggle to understand Ghana's position, but something tells me Ghanaians are smarter than we give them credit for. They take our money when in distress, but cleverly outwit us when we need them. Clever!

Smart? Clever? As they say, time will tell.

With that choice, Ghana has done away the benefits that it also get from the parochial 'African first' policy. Am sure Nigeria will also review its "Big brother Africa" policy especially towards Ghana and other African countries are watching too. The question is who loses more in the long run? Does America really give free lunch like the parochial 'African first' policy gives? Time will tell.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria should always learn to reach out to it's allies and not expect them to support them on everything by default.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by aljharem(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
OAM4J:

With that choice, Ghana has done away the benefits that it also get from the parochial 'African first' policy. Am sure Nigeria will also review its "Big brother Africa" policy especially towards Ghana and other African countries are watching too. The question is who loses more in the long run? Does America really give free lunch like the parochial 'African first' policy gives? Time will tell.

OAM4J, they are clever, give it to them. All this Big brother fallacy Nigeria does should really stop
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Ironi: 12:02am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:
What 'Big Brother Africa'?

That is the problem Nigeria has. Always talking about things you are not really up to.

Stop talking about this big brother thing, it's just a bloated fantasy.

It gives a false sense of importance.

Nigeria should be a big brother to itself.

Nigeria is NOT a big brother to anybody, not even the poorest country in Africa.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 26, 2012
all this one wey una dey yan na nonsense tori. They can choose whoever they want without any strings attached. Abi una want male Ghana nominate Okonjo just because she's Nigerian? dat one no make sense at all. Let's not be sentimental please...
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by OAM4J: 12:15am On Mar 26, 2012
alj harem:

OAM4J, they are clever, give it to them. All this Big brother fallacy Nigeria does should really stop

Time will tell my brother if they have truly have made a clever decision.

Ironi: OAM4J:
What 'Big Brother Africa'?

That is the problem Nigeria has. Always talking about things you are not really up to.

Stop talking about this big brother thing, it's just a bloated fantasy.

It gives a false sense of importance.

Nigeria should be a big brother to itself.

Nigeria is NOT a big brother to anybody, not even the poorest country in Africa.

I agree with you, about time Nigeria do away with the "Big brother Africa" policy. Become more like US.. only give/support where you stand to get some returns/benefits.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Ironi: 12:17am On Mar 26, 2012
Who does Nigeria give support to?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:

Nigeria has a "Big Brother Africa Policy"? Nigeria has an "Africa first" policy? ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The kind thing wey person no go read for these kind threads, na wa ooo!!!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by OAM4J: 12:29am On Mar 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Nigeria has a "Big Brother Africa Policy"? Nigeria has an "Africa first" policy? ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The kind thing wey person no go read for these kind threads, na wa ooo!!!

Its those policies that makes Nigeria gives billions in aids, free/credit oil/gas to other African countries that always come back to spite her, also spend billions and lost many of her soldiers on peace keeping missions.

You people should not get me wrong, am not particular about NOI candidacy, am only looking at the effect of this action on both country foreign policies, who stands to gain or lose in the long run.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:

[size=13pt]Its those policies that makes Nigeria gives billions in aids, free/credit oil/gas to other African countries that always come back to spite her, also spend billions and lost many of her soldiers on peace keeping missions.[/size]

You people should not get me wrong, am not particular about NOI candidacy, am only looking at the effect of this action on both country foreign policies, who stands to gain or lose in the long run.

Is it possible to ascertain the particular policies you are referring to? Cause I know of no policy that gives free credit, oil, or gas to other African countries. Please help enlighten me. And speaking of AID, Nigeria benefits greatly from AID packages from other countries. Should we then translate that to mean Nigeria then ought to back the decisions of these other countries in much the same way some on here demand Ghana ought to?

As for peacekeeping, are you assuming that only Nigerian soldiers go out for these missions, in all of Africa?? I have spoken to some in the past who have gone out on some of these missions and these are people from other African countries, so why this special attention to Nigerian peacekeepers? Isn't that part of the AU agreement that all members signed on to? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:

Its those policies that makes Nigeria gives billions in aids, free/credit oil/gas to other African countries that always come back to spite her, also spend billions and lost many of her soldiers on peace keeping missions.

Why are you debating a redundant retard? This thing has never said anything nice about Nigeria, since I've been on NL - yet it's on here 24|7 posting about a country it hates so much. It's better you ignore that thing, and let her die a slow but painful death.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by MrEverest(m): 1:00am On Mar 26, 2012
WTF is all this hullabaloo about? a banana rep in the west coast choose to nominate a white who is not even contesting against a qualified and experienced Nigerian shocked i can deduce a few albeit parochial reasons for it, (1) Ghana recently struck 0il in commercial quantities and felt they would not need our aid anymore, (2)Ghana as a country suffers from low self esteem due to their charcoal pigmentation which makes them to prefer anybody who is light skinned, this is corroborated by their film industry were being light skinned is a criteria for acting and equally most Ghanaian girls in Accra can do anything to be impregnated by any whiteman even if he is a Lebanese cool cool (3)they felt it would be better to toe the line of Obama than to support an intimidating rival grin grin grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by PetroDolla: 6:09am On Mar 26, 2012
The classical ranting of a failed, destined-for-the-dustbin country. Keep on hallucinating. Your miserable country is a damn joke.God bless Ghana.
Mr Everest: WTF is all this hullabaloo about? a banana rep in the west coast choose to nominate a white who is not even contesting against a qualified and experienced Nigerian shocked i can deduce a few albeit parochial reasons for it, (1) Ghana recently struck 0il in commercial quantities and felt they would not need our aid anymore, (2)Ghana as a country suffers from low self esteem due to their charcoal pigmentation which makes them to prefer anybody who is light skinned, this is corroborated by their film industry were being light skinned is a criteria for acting and equally most Ghanaian girls in Accra can do anything to be impregnated by any whiteman even if he is a Lebanese cool cool (3)they felt it would be better to toe the line of Obama than to support an intimidating rival grin grin grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by bigboyk(m): 6:32am On Mar 26, 2012
What are these arrogant Nigerians saying? Apart from a particular loan that Obj gave to Ghana to complete the West African Gas Pipeline Project, what other aid are you guys talking about? Is giving out a loan same as giving out an aid? Where in the Nigerian budget has any of you ever seen a provision for aid to other African countries. Nigeria, as big and arrogant as it is still gets aid and loans from other countries. Nigerians, what big brother role are you playing in Africa? Solve your own problems and let others be. I challenge any Nigerian that is bragging to show when and how Nigeria assisted Ghana apart from that $40 million loan which I believe Ghana has repaid. Why should you guys hate on us just because we are becoming a model for sub saharan countries? Keep on hating while we keep on growing...your hatred motivates us. Like I said before, I know Nigeria like no other country...bunch of arrogant and boastful set of people.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by bigboyk(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:

Funny dude, I tell you. When did Nigeria ever give 'free lunch' to Ghana, or do you consider Obj's loan a 'free lunch'? How does Ghana stand to lose in the long run? Which big brother policy are you yapping about. We need facts backed by references here and not speculations or sentimental opinions. Your country men in Ghana will tell you have happy and safe they are in Ghana. Wait a minute! Of recent, Ghana was complaining that Nigeria sold gas with high water content to them. And this was transported through the west Africa gas pipeline...haba Naija, una wan rust the pipeline? Na so big brother dey do? Shut your mouths up and quit talking about the imaginary big brother role you always console yourself with.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by otondo55: 7:01am On Mar 26, 2012
Forcing Fuel subsidy down the throats of the masses with little or no conscience of the consequences.

Increasing the National Assembly pay as that high in a poverty-sick-country.

Does Ngozi worth that position ? Hell NO ! she is not a person of integrity.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by member479760: 7:31am On Mar 26, 2012
hope she won since this country don't need her before/anymore. she has used her position to develop the whole igboland, Ibos are no more suffering and that is what they gain from having their daughter in that position. Dumb!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by nigerisgreat: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2012
I do not have any problem supporting Ms Ngozi for World Bank. I believe she MAY turn out to be a great advocate. Sachs, in my opinion, is a better choice because of what he has done on the ground and his academic work (Check his writings)on how to solve poverty in Africa. He really has a grasp on issues on development in Africa. Yes, I from Ghana, and yes, I choose Sachs over any developmental economist from Ghana. Wake up guys. this is not about pride, nationality,or ego. We have pressing problems in Africa, and I am willing to support someone from Jupiter, if that person is the best choice. What has any elite from Africa done for us lately. WAKE UP
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by ROCKJ1(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2012
I am not surprised about Ghana... Even in reality show like big brother Africa... Ghana contestants never support Nigerian contestants... But at the end Nigeria always wins d prize and so shall it be.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by yawkusi: 8:23am On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex:

STFU clown!! Are you one those stupid people; who think everyone rich person in Nigeria got their wealth through dubious means?

Ghana is no match for Lagos, and it has been like that since the beginning of time - just as the Ashanti empire was no match for yoruba empire. Ghana needs to stop that short man syndrome; and start competing with countries in their league. They can start with Togo, Liberia, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad. Senegal and Ivory coast don't even belong in the same league as Ghana.

Sure Ghana is not match for Lagos! And what city or country will like to match Lagos? Hell on earth
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by nigerisgreat: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2012
Come on guys, Do you really know IMF and World Bank protocol? It is always a forgone conclusion than a European will head IMF and an American will head World Bank. What is wrong in campaigning for Sachs, who is the most popular American advocate for Africa among the economists in world. No matter how much we want Ngozi to win, it is such an important position for America to give up that informal right. You guys should be realistic. Has anybody check on Sachs resume?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by yawkusi: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2012
begwong:
i swear!

Is it because Iraqis are at honest?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by nigerisgreat: 8:40am On Mar 26, 2012
Come on guys, Do you really know about IMF and World Bank protocol? It is always a forgone conclusion that a European will head IMF, and an American will head World Bank. What is wrong in campaigning for Sachs, who is the most popular American advocate for Africa among the economists in world? No matter how much we want Ngozi to win, it will not happen: it is such an important position for America to give up that informal right. You guys should be realistic. Has anybody checked on Sachs resume?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by emsquare(m): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2012
Lets watch nd see!!!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by yawkusi: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2012
OAM4J:

I will be the most surprised if Nigeria indeed gives Billions in aid, looking at the fact that 90 million Nigerians live in poverty(about 50% of population), No reliable power supply, no social services, appalling health care facilities etc etc. Can you give specific examples, say we gave 1 billion to that country at this date. The only "help" I know we get from Nigeria is is oil, which we pay in dollars at international prices.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by yawkusi: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2012
Mr Everest: WTF is all this hullabaloo about? a banana rep in the west coast choose to nominate a white who is not even contesting against a qualified and experienced Nigerian shocked i can deduce a few albeit parochial reasons for it, (1) Ghana recently struck 0il in commercial quantities and felt they would not need our aid anymore, (2)Ghana as a country suffers from low self esteem due to their charcoal pigmentation which makes them to prefer anybody who is light skinned, this is corroborated by their film industry were being light skinned is a criteria for acting and equally most Ghanaian girls in Accra can do anything to be impregnated by any whiteman even if he is a Lebanese cool cool (3)they felt it would be better to toe the line of Obama than to support an intimidating rival grin grin grin

Yet another intelligent comment from a superior Nigerian.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by djfiifi(m): 9:24am On Mar 26, 2012
what is wrong with these nigerians and their ngozi syndrome?
as a sovereign state we can choose to vote for whoever fits for that position.
nigeria giving aid to ghana? hahahahaha:-)
keep on hating we shall keep on growing.

remember when ghana was an independent state,you guys were still a british colony.

we want to stop that big mouth woman from embarrasing you with her taateen,taateen(thirteen) and her norse,norse(nurse)
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by cap28: 10:06am On Mar 26, 2012
what does it matter who wins the position?

Sachs/ NOI they are all serving the same master and we have already seen the consequences of having a World Bank stooge running our govt. NOI has nothing to offer nigeria except more austerity, suffering and poverty so why would any self respecting nigerian care about whether she is given the position or not.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Kobojunkie: 11:17am On Mar 26, 2012
yawkusi:

I will be the most surprised if Nigeria indeed gives Billions in aid, looking at the fact that 90 million Nigerians live in poverty(about 50% of population), No reliable power supply, no social services, appalling health care facilities etc etc. Can you give specific examples, say we gave 1 billion to that country at this date. The only "help" I know we get from Nigeria is is oil, which we pay in dollars at international prices.

Abi!!! There has been this belief among many that Nigeria gives away free money, oil, electricity to neighboring countries, but not many are able to show evidence of these claims when asked. Reading through what many on here have spewed so far, one would think Nigeria is some rich nation that has it all in excess and feels obligated in some way to take care of everyone else. . . . yes the same Nigeria that relies on foreign AID yearly to fend for millions of it's own population.

1 Like

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by nimi1: 11:47am On Mar 26, 2012
It will be in the interest of Ghana to support the candidacy of Dr. Iweala.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Invade Home Of Reuters’ Correspondent In Bayelsa / Alex Ikwechegh @ 40 Embarks On 3-Day Back To Back Palliative Fiesta (Video) / FALSE USA Moves To Checkmate Dollar Stockpile In Africa FALSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.