Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

900winer's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 900winer's Profile / 900winer's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2020
ContractKiller:
But he is only making that claim because Edos believe Oduduwa was an Edo man, not an Arabian from Mecca.

An edo man that never existed cheesy they kept given him different names from Ekalederhan to Izoduwa to Emoduwa grin

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Oba has been indigenous to edo,

The full title is omo no oba nedo ukwakpolopolo
The short form is omonoba or oba

Oba means king in benin

Etymology : i. E the history of the word oba is shinning one

The title ogie is royalty

Benin-ife never happened

If you want to arugue this bring your evidences from 15c from the European arrival to 1897 till d empire ended then wen can discuss

Our oba is of benin origin it had to relationship with ife, dont argue it with me
You are confusing yourseft cheesy

You said Oba means shining one and still go on to say it means king even though there is no such thing has Oba in Edo language cheesy well i don't care as long as you agree Yoruba didn't copy it from anybody grin
Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2020
doggedfighter:
Thanks for this
No mention ma
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2020
gregyboy i know you are behind that Sanity33 monica cheesy please don't change the subject, tell us the meaning of Oba in Edo language grin the last time we asked you said it shine cheesy but your Sanity33 monica said it king of kings cheesy abeg which is which?

cc macof, illicit
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2020
ContractKiller:
Go and read your Historians like Jacob Ajayi etc. Edos don't even accept that Oranmiyan was ever a King in Edoland. That is a Yoruba wet dream.

Hahaha.. grin

Historians don't think thesame mr man, that's why history always has two sides so you point is invalid. Back to the edo issue where were you when the oba himself claim descendant of oduduwa? here is the youtube link feed your eyes and ears.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=3-q_F2zch8M
Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2020
UDUJ:

This guy you are not well at all cheesy grin cheesy

Please you guys should stop all these tribal bashing and ethnicity conflicts. It's not fun reading all those comments undecided
Ok sir, i will try to resist it grin
Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=MJBOLT post=92152118][/quote] Oyoko grin

Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2020
Mczigx:

I No Dey Lie For Morning
Hian!

Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2020
Mczigx:
I Experienced It too yesterday, at about 1pm or thereabout. I Suspected foul play so i didn't fill in my log in details.
You sure? talk true grin E fit be Hushpuppi oo grin
Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2020
SilGent:
grin

nawa, I filled the form ooooo

it was requesting for my username and password.

when I reload it, it was still insisting for details, just filled it because I thought it was for authentication .
I was in the middle of tribal bashing when the form poped up cheesy so i just filled it so i can reply the miscreant grin ashe na scam grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Nairaland / General / Re: Is Nairaland Under Attack? by 900winer(m): 8:37am On Jul 27, 2020
It happened to me too yesterday cheesy but have changed my password this morning grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

[s]You probably forgot that alleged Bini Prince brought Obaship in Yari.ba land. Which Igbo Prince allegedly introduced Ezeship in Ikwerre land? Most Nigerians are dumbly clueless about their surroundings.[/s]
Your words don't count Ipob miscreant go sort it out with Ikwerrepikin and leave Yoruba alone grin tongue
Politics / Re: World's Largest Oil Refinery Nears Completion In Lagos by 900winer(m): 8:05am On Jul 27, 2020
rummmy:
I hope Lagos get crude oil abi where are they hoping to get the largest crude for their largest refinery.
Our oyel people spotted grin

Oya cry me a river grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2020
ContractKiller:
Yoruba claim that Edos descended from them, Edos claim yorubas descended from Edo. If you can prove either one to be true, go ahead and do so. Otherwise just shut up and embrace your ignorance.

I don't give bleep where Edo descend from and where did you see Yoruba claim Edo descended from them? They only claim the crown not Edo, so i think you are confused.
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2020
PVision2020:

Arguing further with that guy is a waste of time and intellectual capacity. He's a troll without substance.
The guy is really sick : he has been switching account like someone exchanging dollar to save face cheesy TA011 made him deactivate his backup account Ghostwon65 now it Sanity33 grin he will soon deactivate this one grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2020
Sanity33:
Some Yoruba people have been asking what Oba means in Edo.

Well I have done my digging.
It means king of kings.
I have a text here written by a French visitor to Benin empire. The book was published in 1880. The information is on this text.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k5806879x/f58.item.r=Oba.zoom

Oba doesn't mean king, it means king of kings and it is an Edo word.

Areafada, Davidnazee, Gregyboy, Samuk.
Hahaha... grin

Rubbish from the pit of hell cheesy show me where it stated the meaning in Edo language? this guy is sick i swear grin

illicit come see something abeg grin

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2020
ContractKiller:

The hypothesis of Benin as the origin of yorubas makes more sense than the nonsense pseudo history of Mecca being the homeland of yorubas.
I think you are the one saying nonsense here, who are the benin? From where do they come from? The stupid Mecca Yoruba origin was mainly among the Sarki muslims in Oyo state so it useless.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Northern Nigeria Is Bleeding by 900winer(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
[s]you are a super bigot nairalanders can attest to it[/s]
Trash
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
dederocs:
Oba is not Youruba...read history and age of the Benin Kingdom.
What is the meaning of Oba in Edo language

1 Like

Politics / Re: Northern Nigeria Is Bleeding by 900winer(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
imhotep:
How you see the matter grin
Na change grin
Politics / Re: Northern Nigeria Is Bleeding by 900winer(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tranquillity360:
NkemChukwudi:

grin grin grin
Transpotor hwfa na grin
Politics / Re: Northern Nigeria Is Bleeding by 900winer(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
imhotep:
Arrewa is only trying to console himself. Meanwhile Sai Baba.

Cc metaphysical
Old man grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Deluded yar.iba
This what i'm talking about cheesy he divert to insults whenever his been trashed grin grin

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Haywhysat:

Oba in Obafemi means, King loves me

OBA means king

Does Oba in Obama mean king?
The guy is funny cheesy how can you claim a word that has no meaning in you language is a suprise for me. cheesy You should have asked him if Obama and Oba sound thesame and watch him change to insult grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Congrats, you have just written a bunch of gibberish, now prove your claim.
Hahahaha... grin

Edo boy is pain grin tell me the meaning of Oba in Edo language you can't, you asked me to prove my claim i did, now prove yours you can't.

Chai!! grin grin
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Prove it.
You guys like to say all sort of ignorant stupidity.
I leave you to prove your claim, also

What do you wan't me to prove to you again? The Abaobaku tradition have been practice among Yorubas before the Europeans came and it still been practice so what do you not understand here? I gave examples of names that have Oba and have been in existence among the Yoruba before the Europeans, names like Obatala is in Odu Ifa oral history long before the Europeans, O means he Ba means preside all together means he who presides, all this are in Yoruba lexicon, that is why you will always hear the Yorubas saying Oba ba lori owon gbogbo which means he who presides, presides over everything. hope am clear now? It your turn to tell me the meaning of Oba in Edo lexicon.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

What is the meaning of king in English ?
That is the same type of stupid question which you are asking.
Also, it is already established that you Yoruba stole the O a title in the 1930's.
You guys believe you are making a point, but you are only being silly while repeating the same talking points over and over.

The "meaning" debate is pure nonsense, haussa themselves could say "Oba means... in haussa language" igbos could do the same, anybody can say any nonsense... So what point are you even trying to make ?You've got brain ?
You guys are so used to repeating the same sentences, the same questions, your brains are totally absent.
Who establish such nonsense? The word Oba has been among the Yoruba for thousands of years, Oba means king, Aba-Oba-Ku means he who dies with the king, and has been part of our tradition for thousand years, O-tun-Oba means the king right hand man and it been in existence for long, so Oga what is Oba in Edo language?

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Well, because everyone that speaks Yoruba as their first language, is a Yoruba
Everyone that speaks Ijaw or its variant, as their first language, is an Ijaw
Anybody that speak Hausa or its variant, as their first language, is an Hausa
So you shouldn't go tearing your worn-out pants if some Igbos consider anyone that speaks Igbo or its variant, as an Igbo.

DNAs can also be looked into to know who is who. Not all these history twisters, using traditional rulers to claim what doesn't belong to them.

Not that I give a crap if Ikwerres want to identify as Igbos or not. That is why I am not in support of any Ikwerre taking any slot that belongs to Igbos.
Ask the guy what the meaning of Oba or Eze in Edo language and watch him usainbolt grin

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mr. Sanity33 what is the meaning of Oba in Edo language i need answer abeg grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Goan mine skull like your brothers
You go tire grin
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Millions of years? grin, The human race is just 200 thousand years bros grin
Leave me jare grin grin
Politics / Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
that's your original name, you don't even know your culture grin
Keep trolling grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.