Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. (18767 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Is It Good For A Mother To Support Her Younger Child Over D Elder In An Argument / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Dibaal2011: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
I d'nt blame her totally, if we ever know d bills she needs to pay inother to take care of her family But, were is d husband? gues somwere chilling wit a bottle of palm wine..........? we really need to change alot in africa!
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Sike(m): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Odunnu: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2012
Imagine!
The kinda picture you see and you whisper a prayer for help on her behalf.
Yet some foolish NLndrs will not hesitate to insult people's mothers. Some of our mothers literally kill themselves to give us a better life than they had/have and just when they want to rest from the troubles of the day, some twats here would start raining insults on them. The thing dey vex me well well

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by odeexpress(m): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2012
Odunnu: Imagine!
Yet some foolish NLndrs will not hesitate to insult people's mothers. Some of our mothers literally kill themselves to give us a better life than they had/have and just when they want to rest from the troubles of the day, some twats here would start raining insults on them. The thing dey vex me well well

I agree with you that our mothers are really trying, but is this risk not too much? My concern is the amount of risk she had to take.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by binhozie(m): 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2012
my goodness!! This is higher than camel back!!! Surely a policeman or something should stop them.
Thank God for my kind of person, i will stop them on the spot and provide alternative arrangement if she agrees. Damn
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by iebelieve(m): 12:55am On Apr 02, 2012
u call dis risk? I call it the way of life for many local rural farmers..... Reading the comments of many nairalist makes me laugh as many of them are city dudes and chicks...i grew up in d rural part and still in touch and i knw how we live...i promise u all. If that okada falls, nothing will happen to that woman.

On the otherhand i express my total disatisfaction for those using insultive words on that woman or the okada driver....its uncalled for......that, this is risky to u doesn't make it risky for others.such dudes should go read up the basic principles of philosophy on right and wrong.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by macob(m): 1:09am On Apr 02, 2012
Do not try dis at home, wich kind hardwork be dis?
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Ndipe(m): 1:35am On Apr 02, 2012
When you are desperate for money, suicide/death is far from your mind.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 02, 2012
so many responses on here just basically shows you those raised by animals and those raised by a woman cos we all know that in most Nigerian homes,the woman does the raising up and that includes mine and will forever be greatful to my mom for all the back breaking jobs she has put herself through so that me,her son plus bros and sisters can actually look forwward to tomorrow
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 02, 2012
iebelieve: u call dis risk? I call it the way of life for many local rural farmers..... Reading the comments of many nairalist makes me laugh as many of them are city dudes and chicks...i grew up in d rural part and still in touch and i knw how we live...i promise u all. If that okada falls, nothing will happen to that woman.

On the otherhand i express my total disatisfaction for those using insultive words on that woman or the okada driver....its uncalled for......that, this is risky to u doesn't make it risky for others.such dudes should go read up the basic principles of philosophy on right and wrong.
I support your words but will add to it,I was raised in LAgos all my life from birth till i left and I have seen my own fair share of women in the city doing much more than this to make ends meet.
do not let those whobasically come on here and claim to be what they are not decieve you

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by saska1122: 2:25am On Apr 02, 2012
This woman did do this in order to gain anybody's praise or sympathy here. She had her reasons and mostly may not have had an alternative.
I'm sure she did not put that picture here nor did she ask the OP to do so. Yet, most of us are claiming safety personnel here and abusing her.
With conviction I say this:if U reside in Nigeria, there is 75% chance that your grand parents, uncles, aunties or even some extended family
members took(or are taking) similar risks. If U are in diaspora, there is 65% chance some persons in ur lineage took some kind of risk to put ur parents/grandparents to school or trade.
All they cared for was your survival or that of ur parents.

All of those shouting risk and for some that even show some level of inhumane nature to abuse the poor woman, how many of you will make a 1 month trip
to ur village and undertake a FREE enlightenment to the villagers on these risky 'survival skills'. PLEASE WHEN U DO, DO IT QUIETLY AND DON'T ASK ANYONE FOR MONEY. I know must person will claim they are not from rural areas, but we know the truth.

With the coming of internet comes FAKE lives of some people. If U are in diaspora, please visit home and see life in reality.
If U have made it, I don't think it was all ur efforts, so stop adding abuse to the already suffering masses in Nigeria.
That we live in denial is what is keeping us as a country where we are!!

3 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Odunnu: 6:27am On Apr 02, 2012
odeexpress:

I agree with you that our mothers are really trying, but is this risk not too much? My concern is the amount of risk she had to take.
the risk is much but what else should she do? Someone said she should have transported the goods first, then herself, but he doesnt seem to get it that she just couldnt afford it. Anything short of what we see now is her trekking the entire mile(s) back. Did you read CC's post? Just because of N800 a certain mother couldnt do business again, yet all of us here have internet connections that cost more than that and some of us come on and talk thrash!
May God in His mercies make a way for this woman, bless her hands,grant her good success and give her peace- Amen.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by florencejoyB: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2012
Its really hard to support a family specially when you are alone. I admire women who worked hard for their family.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by taryour(f): 6:59am On Apr 02, 2012
Odunnu: Imagine!
completely agree with u, only God can reward mothers as they truely deserve for all d pains n care given to their children.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2012
shocked shocked @ picx
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by habiolah(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2012
Been trying franktically to see something in the picture that prooves that these folks are posing for the camera. I believe dem just dey pose; couldn't find a clue though.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Honeycity(f): 9:45am On Apr 02, 2012
how did she get up there?
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by hajikebs(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2012
odeexpress: Can you imagine taking such risks to sustain one's family?
if road safety catch her,she go tell dem say shez hard workn abi?..lol
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by peren: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2012
ismhab: See how poverty wants kill Ndi igbo.

I think it is very important for people to start ignoring these bigoted statements. That way people will get tired of making the statements when they receive no attention!

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Classique27(f): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2012
Man must wack. Man must survive. Wetin you wan make she do? Probably she has nine kids with a lazy husband who drinks away his life. If she goes begging from men, she will be termed a promiscuous woman. Women like that are everywhere. I only pray that God will notice them one day and bless them.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by 4peace(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2012
if u use lagos women to judge other nigerian women u r doom.

travel to uyo from lagos just to experience that part of the country.
From edo,delta,anabra,imo,abia,akwa-ibom and quick go to cross river
men GOD Bless Nigerian women,Their suffering will not go down in vein and my mom other female in my family.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by afm4ever(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
cugresources: unfortunately this woman in the picture may have a daughter living in a faked glass house and using all the modern gadgets she may not need in one Nigerian city, viz. lagos or abuja, and maybe forming Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's grand-daughter, while her mother perish in penury in one hamlet....sighs....pls guys and girls, do not forget your parents in the light of city life, u can see how they labour to make u who u are?
bro u have said it all
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Skoopy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
instead of working smart, she choosed to work hard.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by LAFOCUZY: 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
No matter your position on this subject you are right. And each of these points of views has consequence -Whether you take too much or too little risk. She can elect to stay back home and die of hunger or take a ride the way she did and have a spinal cord injury and die. The bottom line is there is a thin line between these decision points - it only depends on the circumstance.
Surviving in a jungle requires a jungle mentality not a cozy office mentality. Give the woman some comfort she would not do that and will have more value for life. Her risk threshold will increase.
Again, move some of us who now criticize her action into a position where we have no food to eat for days or weeks and no hope in sight - we might do more. People are really suffering and suffering takes away every sense of safety – all you require at that point in time is to get by. Argue all you can- a poor and hungry man has no civility. And don’t argue unless you have real experience.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by kcreal(f): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
God Bless you LAFOCUZY, you 've said it all but if I were the woman I'll sit on the tank instead.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by SisiKill1: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
peren:

I think it is very important for people to start ignoring these bigoted statements. That way people will get tired of making the statements when they receive no attention!

It was ignored until YOU quoted and brought it to a newer page thus giving it more attention than it needed.

Kinda defeats the purpose of ignoring, doesn't it?
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by latino91(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
i wonder...really risky
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Passionplus: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
This woman in the picture represents alot of us Nigerians.We take all sorts of risks in the name of survival both the educated and otherwise.There are many reasons that can be adduced for her action,but one thing is sure, this is not her first time of taking such a ride judging from her confident pose,and it is natural for us to become comfortable with risks overtime.Instead of getting sentimental and hauling blames ,this picture calls for intropsection,what risks are we subjecting ourselves to presently that is equally suicidal inspite of our seemingly more eduacted outlook? I will mention a few that comes to mind and we can begin to think seriously and not make judgements at face value,if you are in a job that leaves you unhappy,where you know that the salary is the only reason you wake up early and spend hrs in traffic to get to, you are worse off,if you are in a bad marriage,the same thing,if you eat ,drink and play too much, na you sabi!lack of exercise is suicidal too, for every ounce of salt or cube of sugar you consume you are at risk ,if you drive too fast and/or against traffic,you are risking your life,talk more of driving and texting ,answering a call or driving under the influence.The next time you go to sleep with a grude and/or complain,condemn and criticise,you are cutting your life short,when was the last time you read a book? if it is more than a month ago your brian is 'dulling' gradualling! I can go on and on.But back to the woman in the picture,our present lives is a collection of all the choices we have made and it finds expression in our words, thoughts and actions,if you do not like where you are today,change your words,thoughts and actions,If this woman believes that this is the only way she can survive and she is dedicated to it and she committs her ways to the almighty GOD,she has divine protection inspite of what you might think,Whatever else anyone says is that person's reality and it will neither affect her nor be the TRUTH.My fellow nairalanders! Lets be mindful of our words and not be quick to judge.May the blessings of GOD continue to abide with all of us. smiley
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by luckgames(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
My heart goes out to the lady
It goes back to the root of Nigeria problem
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by mamagee3(f): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
This is not hardworking but a funny picture, lol. grin
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by dayokanu(m): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
Imagine this is the mother of some girl doing Blackberry babes all over the city while her mom is slaving away
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by queensmith: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
those coming here to speak excessive english are the ones that labour and road hawk during summer to make ends meet. Most pay thier own fees and hustle old men to pay for the classes where they learn the nonsense they will be using to chat shyte here. kmt.
I'm sure if you follow them home their mattresses will be made of cassava leaves and pillows of dried yam. Now coming here to tell me nonsense. DOnt piss me off please.

Do you morons think these women wake up early in the morning and decide 'im going to risk my life today to make some garri'? You think what they do is by choice? You think if there was an easier way to make money they won't take it? Did you eediyats not read the story CC posted about a woman who didn't go to work because of 800 NAIRA!!!!!! mshew.

It's not your fault, unfornately beyond the nonsense you have posted we do not know where you are or what you do, keep chatting rubbish there!

800 naira? i just finished a tub of icecream that cost x3 that amount. . .i actually feel bad . . .sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report / Malnourished Child & mother Inside IDP Camp Borno (Photo) / Must A Girl Marry????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.