Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? (18969 Views)

This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! / Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by queensmith: 4:13am On Apr 05, 2012
hmmm- it's difficult sha. If I met a billionaire I won't want him not to marry me lol.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
queensmith: hmmm- it's dificult sha. If I met a billionaire I won't want him not to marry me lol.

You are such a political thief. grin
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jun 19, 2012
Marrying from an extremely poor home? Not slightly poor or poor but extremely poor?

- If he is first child, I won't.
- If he's the only male child I won't.
- If he's not the only male child and not the first child, but his sisters are all unmarried and his brothers are jobless, I won't.

I nor dey marry any poor person. Poverty is a disease and it's contagious.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by queensmith: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2012
acidtalk:

You are such a political thief. grin

lol
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by SisiKill1: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2012
I find it really and truly ironic that a girl who says she won't marry into a poor family is being lambasted on a thread where is guy is all but saying there must be something wrong with his friend because he is marrying into a poor family.

All of a sudden, she is not a nice person, she is a braggart, she is being forced to apologize for how she thinks, people think she is condescending. . .yet the thread starter, who. . .once again, thinks there is something wrong with his friend because he is marrying into a poor family, is allowed to slide.

If a girl is poor - She is a gold digger.
If a girl is rich - she is a spoilt braggart
If a girl marries into a Rich Family = She is a gold digger
If a guy marries into a Rich Family - It is True Loooooove
If a woman does not help with the upkeep of the house - She is lazy and a drain on the man
If a woman helps with the upkeep of the house - She will be disrespectful

It is a lose/lose situation, I tell ya. . .and it only goes to prove what I've always believed, girls are not always the ones with the problem. The sooner we accept that some guys are riddled with low self esteem, the easier it will be to deal with them. These set of guys make up the rules as they go along (that's why they do not see the irony peppering this thread) and trying to work around those rules is a waste of time.

Naijasexy, don't mind them jare. . .you know what you want and by God's grace you will get it. kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
michelin89: Marrying from an extremely poor home? Not slightly poor or poor but extremely poor?

- If he is first child, I won't.
- If he's the only male child I won't.
- If he's not the only male child and not the first child, but his sisters are all unmarried and his brothers are jobless, I won't.

I nor dey marry any poor person. Poverty is a disease and it's contagious.

Sho! see condition.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Shinatu: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
To people who say rich people marriages do not last and that a rich guy may end up being a wife beater.

I am just wondering, do marriages last longer (or are happier) in Ajegunle than in Ikoyi or do Ikoyi men beat their wifes more than those in Ajegunle?

I guess we need this statistics/info before we can make such declarations

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Fruitful2: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
WEALTH IS NOT THE SOLE RIGHT OF ANY INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY.SO THE MAN HAS A CHOICE TO EITHER BACK OUT BEFORE MARRYING THE GIRL OR LIVE WITH HIS DECISION.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 7:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Shinatu: To people who say rich people marriages do not last and that a rich guy may end up being a wife beater.

I am just wondering, do marriages last longer (or are happier) in Ajegunle than in Ikoyi or do Ikoyi men beat their wifes more than those in Ajegunle?

I guess we need this statistics/info before we can make such declarations

So so on point.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Dahbutter(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
A senior colleuge I know married from a very poor family, today he is the breadwinner of their entire household, there are at least 4 pesty inlaws living in their house at every given time, he has grown so lean and can't even afford stuff his mates and even we his juniors in the profession have, he is now forty and hasn't even been able to build on his long acquired land, yet he has spent several millions on the poor wasteful family he inherited always coming up with crafty schemes to sap out money from him everytime. Yet whenever he refuses his wife blackmails him heavily 4 not caring 4 her family. His advise to me which I gladly took was to never get married and if I ever do, marry from a family that is comfortable and won't be parasites.

Don't be decieved money matters a lot marrying from a poor family is akin to acquiring a liability
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
I love how people do this "either-or" thing.
As in, either have a good spouse from poor background, or bad spouse from rich background.
Either chase success and be sad, or ignore chasing success and be happy.

What happened to successful and happy? What happened to a good spouse from a comfortable/rich background?

These things are conditions spawned from the bitterness of the ones giving the conditions.
Ignore them please. Your own will be better

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by tpia5: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
@ original post

why did the guy have an expensive wedding?

is something wrong with just doing a plain registry marriage if finances are limited and the families unable to cope with the expense?

just wondering why he stretched himself that far.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by tpia5: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
@ topic and some of the responses

there was this book i read years ago about a lady whose husband was from a wealthier background than herself.

the in laws were all highly educated rich people, and she wasnt their level at all. They'd discuss things like how do you chemically remove the bitterness from bitterleaf, and other such high falluting stuff. Her husband could join in the conversation but she couldnt.

think they eventually sorted themselves out but i dont recall the ending.

or maybe it was the man who wasnt at the inlaws' level. Cant remember.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Digriz(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic and some of the responses

there was this book i read years ago about a lady whose husband was from a wealthier background than herself.

the in laws were all highly educated rich people, and she wasnt their level at all. They'd discuss things like how do you chemically remove the bitterness from bitterleaf, and other such high falluting stuff. Her husband could join in the conversation but she couldnt.

think they eventually sorted themselves out but i dont recall the ending.

or maybe it was the man who wasnt at the inlaws' level. Cant remember.
so wats ur point?
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Digriz(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
@
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Digriz(m): 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
u guys are scaring me concerning the girl am planing to marry, from a poor home, first daughter, first issue, her mother a widow, not doing anything, my girl still in school, is like I will back out
I the first son, taking care of my younger ones,my parents almost old. am confused on what decision to take.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Metalgoong(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2012
hahaha . . . I must agree, men are funny creatures! . lol

If a girl comes from a super wealthy home, some men will avoid marrying her

If the girl comes from a poor home, some men will still find problem with that

Anyway, I can marry any girl from any background so long as she has the qualities I want in a wife. If she comes from a poor family, I wont have any problem inheriting their family financial obligation. Money is meant to be spent!!

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by tpia5: 1:39am On Sep 11, 2012
Digriz: so wats ur point?

relativity.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
tpia@:

relativity.

hmmmm
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by tpia5: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
Wetin dey do you?
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by mrperfect(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
An interesting issues are being discussed here.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
^^^

Moderators please come and fling off this lun*natic and hide this crap he put here.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
My Brother, believe me, if not that I don't personally know you and that this post is just this year,
I would have thought u were talking about me, but no! I got married 5 years ago and I had a similar experience (it was very ugly).
However, now what I enjoy in my home is what I would love to spend much more than what I spent then times one million trust me.
Thank God I did what I did 5 years ago - no regrets at all.
Wifey is very very stable and her family is doing great too,
my siblings and other family members have long swallowed their words, All glory to God Almighty,

You just do your best to encourage your friend, it may not be an all-too-bad situation after all.

God Bless!

1 Like

Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2013
The need the decide on the background of who to marry is extremely important.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by dare2think: 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
acidtalk: The need the decide on the background of who to marry is extremely important.

Any latest revelation?
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 28, 2013
opribo: Before NLanders will start attacking me let me make myself clear, I have nothing against the poor...my own is that everybody has a choice to make in life at one time or the other. Just as they say love is blind but I believe love has its eyes wide open that is why nobody sees a beautiful mula babe and go ahead and marry her neither do you see a beautiful mad girl and go ahead and marry her.

In the same way our elders have a saying that 'the person who's father is not rich it is not his fault BUT the person who's father inlaw is not rich is his own making' because why... he opened his eyes wide open to go ahead and go into everlasting penury. Our good Lord has given us the sound mind and body to discern where there is trouble and stay clear of such areas. Why on earth will a struggling man no look for a lady who has equally tried on her part to come out of poverty line rather he is not sitting down properly yet he wants to stretch his legs.

Let us take for example a young man from a poor family who has managed to finish school and working. Now this young man is at the borderline because he barely can make ends meet he just can survive with all his dependants and hangers on and extended family members and personal responsibilities. Now if this man goes on to marry from an extremely poor family he is compounding his problems because they will transfer all their problems on him until they kill such a person with their loads of demand and problem.
The advise to the poster therefore is to flee from poor extremley families, it is a disease and highly contangious one for that matter. Mind you poverty comes in various shades and color it can come in form of lack of education or millions of dependants.
Be strategic, look for a material spouse and lady/man of substance who has something to offer to better your position, someone that will partner with you and take your life from where it is to another level. Many men/women today have died prematurely because of marrying from a wretched, ramshackle home that has nothing to offer other than quarrels, demand upon demand and most of all they will introduce all kinds of churches, spiritualism, and charms into the persons life. The ultimate goal is to wreck the person finally and then carry on with their misearable lives.
KEEP OFF FROM POVERTY STRICKEN FAMILIES THEY HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER.

Great & hilarious post. You hit it hard . Otito koro my friend. more so Egbe eye leye nwoto. grin

I laugh so tey my belle dey hurt. cheesy
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ewuro707:

Great & hilarious post. You hit it hard . Otito koro my friend. more so Egbe eye leye nwoto. grin

I laugh so tey my belle dey hurt. cheesy

He made 100% sense.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by acidtalk: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Still curious to know.
Re: Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? by CHIMSKY(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is GOLD!!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
freecocoa:
I can't remember where i heard this saying from"To have a poor father is not your fault but to have a poor FIL is sheer stuppidity"grin,don't know how true that is though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Little Nephew Wants To Know What ''Sex'' Is, Help / Things You Wish You Did Before Getting Married / Abandoned Baby Found At Ekiti Government House Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.