Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single (20367 Views)

Likely Reasons Why Your Boyfriend Doesn’t Want You To Touch His Phone / "2 Likely Reasons Why Your Ex-boy Is Calling Again" / "3 Likely Reasons Why A Guy Won't Call Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by ifihearam: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2012
Here are some reasons why I think women are still single these days (in no particular order)*:

1. You’re not approachable.
Girl, you need to SMILE. Period. Guys need some green-light action so when they glance over and you don’t smile back, they take it as a “don’t even think about it” signal. This is what my male friends tell me. Another reason why you might be unapproachable could be because you are always surrounded by your girlfriends! Some women don’t know how to be alone. If you’re always with people how can people walk up to you? Try going to the movies alone, jogging, taking a walk, and see what happens…

2. You haven’t figured out your life’s purpose.
Yup! I always say “before you ask someone to go on a journey with you, you have to know where you’re going”. In this case, the journey is a relationship or marriage. You kinda have to know where it is you want to go in life before you take someone along. We are growing everyday so you won’t have it all figured out before you pursue a relationship, but at least you’ll know in which direction you’re headed and that will make it easier to decide who to go with on the journey.

3. You aren’t meeting NEW people.
Most people’s routines are so rigid and their social circles have stayed the same for years! They go to work, Church, home, and maybe one or two places and that’s it. No surprise you ain’t found someone all this time! You know they say “madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result” I’m not saying you’re mad, but maybe it’s time to change things up a little bit. How? You ask. Well, by changing up where you go and going out with a variety of friends. Have a diverse pool of friends and hang out with different groups. You’ll probably meet new people that way. Network. Follow up on business contacts. Tap into all your affiliations not just because you want a romantic relationship but also because you want richer friendships and a richer life.

4. The guys around you are straight up not ready!
Yup! ‘Cos girl, you KNOW you got it going on. You’re beautiful, hardworking, friendly, fun, etc. but the dudes around you are either SUPER blind, intimidated (in which case it’s okay), or they’re not your type. So, what do you do in this case? Hmmm, you could try the tips in #3 and see how that goes or honey, call on Jesus to order the right dude’s steps!

5. You’re being unrealistic.
Hmm, this is an interesting one. I believe everyone should have non-negotiables when it comes to relationships but I guess sometimes the expectations can be unrealistic. I always say that we put too much pressure on other human beings to be PERFECT. We really shouldn’t expect more from others than we are ourselves. My Pastor said something the other day that was very profound. He said a lot of women are looking for oak trees (ready-made, already established men) when they should be looking for acorns (men with potential). I know a lot of women especially after a certain age don’t want to be with “potential” but when he said that, I realized that there will be some kind of potential in the guy that only a woman can bring out. Haven’t you noticed that when your male friends get married, shortly after they get that “marriage glow”? I notice it all the time! It’s the woman! She’s bringing out the best in him. So, ladies, don’t be afraid of potential anymore. Just get with the kind of potential you are comfortable with.

Phew! So, what do y’all think? What other reasons do you think explain why women and men are STILL single?

10 Likes

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
angry
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MohammedHaruna(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2012
This is hot. :-XThis is hot.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
angry angry
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
Format the text, please.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Mohammed Haruna: This is hot. :-XThis is hot.
Explain yourself!
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MrsChima(f): 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
The same reasons why some women are single is the same reasons why some men are single.

I mean seriously?
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2012

Just a harmless question, who is dat in da pic?
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by highland(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
You're a potential writing, kindly look into this expect of life and develop it. Great article i must confess even though short but powerful.

1 Like

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Kadata(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sense-making post. Very sense-making.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Kadata(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
rokiatu:

a hot dude naaaaaa
rokiatu:

a hot dude naaaaaa
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by ITbomb(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
The same reasons why some women are single is the same reasons why some men are single.

I mean seriously?
Are the single men complaining? Have you seen any opening a thread on NL to express his frustration at being single at 25 or 28?

3 Likes

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MrsChima(f): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
ITbomb:
Are the single men complaining? Have you seen any opening a thread on NL to express his frustration at being single at 25 or 28?

Some of the threads opened about looking for wives didn't mention any age. However, there are single men complaining about not being married for whatever reasons.

My last comment still stands.

1 Like

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
@POSTER. God bless you. You just wrote my mind up there.. Wait a minute, are you f or m?
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
Nice observations...and some must also avoid dressing like party-kills if they desire serious partners, dressing code also contributes to who comes after u as a lady...

2 Likes

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by james1(m): 7:53am On Apr 15, 2012
@poster.nice one.
The blood in many naija gals need to be replaced and they need brain transplant cos they are so,so set in their ways.wrong ways.
Many naija gals are strictly after what they can get,get and get from a man,they never think;what can I contribute to grow this.
Many have acute problems with thinking things through.
Such gals need massive orientation.

4 Likes

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by donniemc: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2012
I COULD NOT AGREE MORE !!!

GHOST RIDER :SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE (2012)
As Johnny Blaze hides out in Eastern Europe, he is called upon to stop the devil,
who is trying to take human form.

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Decryptor(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Some of the threads opened about looking for wives didn't mention any age. However, there are single men complaining about not being married for whatever reasons.

My last comment still stands.
Must you always attach gender sentiments to your comments all the time? Just a question
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MrsChima(f): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2012
Decryptor: Must you always attach gender sentiments to your comments all the time? Just a question

If the thread mention gender then I will talk about gender. You didn't take it personal did you? Just a question.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by DukeNija(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I mean seriously?
Men are happy when single.
Seriously!

1 Like

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by member479760: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2012
looking for ready-made!
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by greedie1(f): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2012
Im guilty of no 3 and 1 maybe. ll try to ease up on dat, not dat im searching....

Nice thread really, im enlightened

1 Like

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MrsChima(f): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2012
Duke_Nija:
Seriously!

Some men are happy when single. Some men doesn't speak for all men.
Some women are happy when single. Some women doesn't speak for all women.

Question, can a man stay single and keep his dick in his pants?
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by acidtalk: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
james1: @poster.nice one.
The blood in many naija gals need to be replaced and they need brain transplant cos they are so,so set in their ways.wrong ways.
[b][/b]Many naija gals are strictly after what they can get,get and get from a man,they never think;what can I contribute to grow this.
Many have acute problems with thinking things through.
Such gals need massive orientation.

100% correct. Well said.
The sad thing is they don't even realize how irritating they seem to be when keep making those demands.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by tchaik(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
highland: You're a potential writing, kindly look into this expect of life and develop it. Great article i must confess even though short but powerful.

GBAGAUN!!!!!!!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Konnektions146(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
women are dreamers,
unrealistic kinda individual with their
priorities so so misplaced and dey dont realise till dey are menopausing.

sorry....
Mrs.Chima:

I mean seriously?

@ Chima, it cant be, men are not under any kinda self pressure, no competition or comparism with fellow guys,
please guys cant be as unrealistic and confused as most ladies.
just a comment!

women are dreamers,

sorry....

2 Likes

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by MrsChima(f): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
Konnektions146: women are dreamers,

sorry....

@ Chima, it cant be, men are not under any kinda self pressure, no competition or comparism with fellow guys,
please guys cant be as unrealistic and confused as most ladies.
just a comment!

women are dreamers,

sorry....

You are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right. wink wink wink

Impotency hurts men worse than menopause hurts women. That's a fact!

There are thousands of women who are content with being single and I am talking about women GLOBALLY.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
Duke_Nija:
Seriously!
Women are also happy being single. The reason why they complain more is cos there is more societal pressure on them.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by greedie1(f): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2012
fellis:
Women are also happy being single. The reason why they complain more is cos there is more societal pressure on them.

i concur

1 Like

Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by HumanPsycho(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
Question, can a man stay single and keep his dick in his pants? [/quote] very, very well.... Infact am a typical example.. Celibate for 20yrs nw! Yes you heard me.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by Konnektions146(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You are entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right. wink wink wink

Impotency hurts men worse than menopause hurts women. That's a fact!

There are thousands of women who are content with being single and I am talking about women GLOBALLY.
nne , i just saw yur signature and LWKMD, just flashed at de question some asked up dere abt yu and gender, no be small thing .
but seriously how many ladies believe in growth, development etc with thier man

when a lady tells her friend abbt a boyfriend or even a guy he just met, de 1st qiestion is:-what kida car does he drive??
and dis even influences de other ones that re not too after de cash but love.
ladies allow materialisma and certain no.n sense(though dey re so shallow minded to see it makes sense) be de basis of deir relationship and thats y guys see thus and get it crashed as soon as it takes offf.
Re: Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single by HumanPsycho(m): 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
Question, can a man stay single and keep his dick in his pants? [/quote]
very, very well... Infact am typical example, celibate for 20yrs now, yes! You heard me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bouncer Throws Man Away For Dancing With His Girlfriend / Viju Milk Is Aphrodisiac, Watch Out ! / "Until That Man Has Claimed You As His Own You Are Single" - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.