Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost (24478 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
The only problem we have in African is thatg we have the most useless leader, some of which are worse than vultures. Else, we should have closed our doors to these imperialist who come here to suck us dry and we get nothing but embarrasment and wickedness in return. Tell me why companies like Shell, Chevron etc should not be shown the door the came in with. We have to look inwards in other to develop ourselves. All these world bank, IMF, USA etc are bunch of opportunists who're looking for countries to ra*pe. Enough is Enough.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by hanoti: 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
Whether she won or not, its on record that she's the world's acclaimed best candidate Fø̲̣̣я̅ the job and she's a hero already. It goes to show America do not practice the fairness they preach! Mtcheeew..
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Koolking(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:

Your post reeks of 1diocy sir. You think NOI will be more American than an American. How do some of you even reason. How bad can NOI's presidency of the world bank be for Africa. There's a saying that "The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".

Mr. 'know it all' thank you for the attention. I appreciate sir.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
NSNA: [size=16pt]So let it be known that Nigerians are not all that bad.
When they were looking for a new Pope
It was said that a Nigerian was most likely to become the new Pope then.
A Nigeria almost became the world bank president.
Nigerians are the most educated Immigrants in the USA
Nigerians are working hard in all kinds of professional and manual jobs around the world.

BUT YOU NIGERIANS - STOP CALLING EACH OTHER DAMAGING NAMES

If Okonjo were to win that post, the damaging names from Nigerians alone is enough for the damage.[/size]
Exactly! And i commend NOI for her resilience in d face of all this even when like d international community she may hav predicted the just announced result. That's d spirit all of us have to imbibe in our everyday life. Yes! D spirit of not quiting even in d face of unlikely favorable outcome.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Danabu(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Many thought td politics up there has a likeness to that of Nigerian PDP. The check ur records and consider every inch of it when voting. Our former senators recently claimed dt over 8 billion was withdrawn from CBN and shared to them while she was finance minister and she did nothing! You think they will allow such to head them? I seriously doubt if we can produce pple of such impecable intergity to head such orgs. Remember dt Obasanjo ran for the UN Sec Gen and lost to Kofi Anan. We are not ready yet!!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by stagger: 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
Tomorrow, the same GEJ and his economic team will be forcing down World Bank and IMF policies down our throats!

What nonsense!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva: The only problem we have in African is thatg we have the most useless leader, some of which are worse than vultures. Else, we should have closed our doors to these imperialist who come here to suck us dry and we get nothing but embarrasment and wickedness in return. Tell me why companies like Shell, Chevron etc should not be shown the door the came in with. We have to look inwards in other to develop ourselves. All these world bank, IMF, USA etc are bunch of opportunists who're looking for countries to ra*pe. Enough is Enough.

OYA,LET'S DELCARE THE STATE OF BIAFRA !

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
stagger: Tomorrow, the same GEJ and his economic team will be forcing down World Bank and IMF policies down our throats!

What nonsense!

It shows how clueless our puppet leaders could be.I dey miss Ghadaffi. grin

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Bright2(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
The support we can get very fast from American( the west ) is the NATO support with bombs. Am ok it's happening for our leaders to learn if they will learn.Even a black man suppressing fellow blacks,are blacks not cursed? God just used iweala to prove to us what the west have for us now & in future.Congrat Iweala how ever you she tried to have even gotten to this point.
Long live Nigeria.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
Bright2: The support we can get very fast from American( the west ) is the NATO support with bombs. Am ok it's happening for our leaders to learn if they will learn.Even a black man suppressing fellow blacks,are blacks not cursed? God just used iweala to prove to us what the west have for us now & in future.Congrat Iweala how ever you she tried to have even gotten to this point.
Long live Nigeria.

My Ikwerre brother, you're right.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
Abeg when is the swearing-in taking place so we can mobilize bakassi boys for action ? grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Detongue: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
I salute her courage, she showed d world dat good thing can come out of Nigeria
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
In 2 words:
RACISM, NEPOTISM
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
I have always been proud to be Nigerian.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Abeg when is the swearing-in taking place so we can mobilize bakassi boys for action ? grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
*smh* Nigerians and their continued false hopes. Please how does her being world bank president put food in our stomachs, or stop the bombings? If she couldn't do it as our finance minister (within the circle), how can she do anything when she is outside the circle? I can't believe people actually thought she would be able to defeat an asian, c'mon people wise up!!!!! I have nothing personally against her but what has been the improvement in our economy since she entered the scene. Debt relief? Has that really improved our lives? I doubt it.
Na so we dey raise fund for Obama election dat year, wetin Obama com do for una since? Him come Africa no even fit stop hail una sef. Make una wake up, Nigerians!!!!
When Emeka Anyaoku be commonwealth oga, wetin better happen to us?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Detongue: 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
I salute her courage, she showed d world dat good thing can come out of Nigeria
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by semid4lyfe(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^It played out as expected. . . . .

Moving on jare tongue
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
LeoMax: In 2 words:
RACISM, NEPOTISM

Bull-shiit. . . .this is not local politics,it's an international one where interests are highly considered before merits.If only Ngozi sabi do eye service like Dora,maybe she would have been considered.Americans dont like people that challenge them or their policy.This is why Abiola never made it to the presidency and was summarily killed by the same americans !
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by 1025: 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
thank God. i am happy pdp did not prevail. had it been jega was in charge, the jonathan finance minister aka madam subsidy for win.
the whole world is aware of pdp and their frauds no wonder the president of benin republic beat jonathan for ecowas chairman and now iweala has been won.
shame to pdp.
i am just happy. if she likes, let her come and increase fuel price to 500 per litre now. we are waiting.
we are waiting for abati and labrown mako to contest for something at international levels.
a country with all the mineral resources u can think of but has no light, no roads, no quality education and hospitals, no security with corruption as a culture. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GIVE THE WORLD? YOU WANT TO GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by BeingAkorede(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
well...there's always a next time. Better luck next time
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Maisuya1: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
Believe it or not the Nigerian factor played a part in her loss. Now imagine Nigeria with the largest Market in Africa, with countless amount of natural resources, with internationally respected personalities - from the richest Blackman to Africa's first Nobel winner, and to cap it all A TRULY DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT OF THE PPLE BY THE PEOPLE - not the PDP led rubbish.
Now tell me even if the us nominee was going to win in such hypothetical Nigeria it wouldn't have been a Korean lab rat, and it would have thriller could have been more intense. Why? Because the Europeans will be weighting backing America and causing ruffles in relations with the largest black nation, the Russians would be neutral to protect their investments in the oil sector and so on. But this is hypothetical Nigeria, in real Nigeria, no one takes us serious.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
Darthmaul: *smh* Nigerians and their continued false hopes. Please how does her being world bank president put food in our stomachs, or stop the bombings? If she couldn't do it as our finance minister (within the circle), how can she do anything when she is outside the circle? I can't believe people actually thought she would be able to defeat an asian, c'mon people wise up!!!!! I have nothing personally against her but what has been the improvement in our economy since she entered the scene. Debt relief? Has that really improved our lives? I doubt it.
Na so we dey raise fund for Obama election dat year, wetin Obama com do for una since? Him come Africa no even fit stop hail una sef. Make una wake up, Nigerians!!!!
When Emeka Anyaoku be commonwealth oga, wetin better happen to us?

lol.. Sad buh true
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
1025: thank God. i am happy pdp did not prevail. had it been jega was in charge, the jonathan finance minister aka madam subsidy for win.
the whole world is aware of pdp and their frauds no wonder the president of benin republic beat jonathan for ecowas chairman and now iweala has been won.
shame to pdp.
i am just happy. if she likes, let her come and increase fuel price to 500 per litre now. we are waiting.
we are waiting for abati and labrown mako to contest for something at international levels.
a country with all the mineral resources u can think of but has no light, no roads, no quality education and hospitals, no security with corruption as a culture. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GIVE THE WORLD? YOU WANT TO GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE.

OOPS. . . . . grin cheesy
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by dynamite2012: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nigerians are so stupid and gullible! Her candidacy was never anything more than a side-show, an entertaining distraction. Did you all really think she had a shot at becoming World Bank President?!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by bodejohn(m): 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
Oh NOI...nearly became the world bank president...but nearly never kills a bird!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by awuf2008: 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
we already know d result before d election so it is not a surprise.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by harmony5(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
I think Obama knows the right thing to have done to boost African sense of belonging with
regards to this selection process. But sincerely speaking he was so afraid of a likely
'domestic Back-clash'. As this could've certainly count against him in his re-election bid.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by harmony5(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
I think Obama knows the right thing to have done to boost African sense of belonging with
regards to this selection process. But sincerely speaking he was so afraid of a likely
'domestic Back-clash'. As this could've certainly count against him in his re-election bid.
Y'all know this American superiority craze.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Rhino5dm: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
Those backstabbing Yorubas living in US connived with Obama to fight NOI and Igbos.

Yorubas are stup!d and cowards! Foolish backstabbers.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
dynamite2012: Nigerians are so stupid and gullible! Her candidacy was never anything more than a side-show, an entertaining distraction. Did you all really think she had a shot at becoming World Bank President?!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes she has a good shot but not good as that of Kim because he has better godfathers !

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yes she has a good shot but not good as that of Kim because he has better godfathers !

Well said . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Slams Fulani Lawmakers For Failing To Protect Herdsmen.. / 2019 Poll: Four PDP Governors Are Working For APC, Says Jibrin / Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.