Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost (24476 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Rakiai: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
Exponental: International PDP greater than Nigeria PDP.
grin
Exponental: International PDP greater than Nigeria PDP.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Those backstabbing Yorubas living in US connived with Obama to fight NOI and Igbos.

Yorubas are stup!d and cowards! Foolish backstabbers.

Is that what our biafrans brothers have been saying ? Haba but i prayed and went for 7 days dry fasting for Ngozi wahala. grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by KINGwax(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Those backstabbing Yorubas living in US connived with Obama to fight NOI and Igbos.

Yorubas are stup!d and cowards! Foolish backstabbers.
seriously, how old art thou? And besides you're in the wrong site, i knw u meant to book an appointment online wit the psychiatric. You can leave now.
jovi: I'm happy!! This nation needs her now. Look at how the house lobbied for her..they all want her out so they can continue with Business as usual...God has answered prayers. She should stay and complete her work in Nigeria abeg.
has she started anything except making d masses suffer more? She's clueless, alwys talking like sanusi d parrot, yet money kept getting wasted. She's part of the team that run this country dry wit their fuckin expenses. She should start d fuckin reform by buying their fuel and taking care of some fuckin expenses like 1b naira for the fellow clueless and shoeless fellow. By telling the retard to stop buying presidential jets cos d fuckin bullying america has only air force one! Ask him to stop before they start buying armour tanks for senators, war jets for ministers and space ships for the shoeless president.
Looser!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Tolexander: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nebeuwa: The fact that she was even being discussed as a possible head of an international financial institution is an important achievement in its own right.

Let me ask you all this, when was the last time you seen a black person, let alone a black woman, being discussed as a possible head of an international financial institution? Answer: Never

koffi annan
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by coolguy2002: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
iee nice
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by adekennis(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
Imanuelle:
( cheesy Eku Subsidy oh!
)
/ \ ,
' ‎​

Welcome back madam..
U dun try..

you are crazy..lol

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by chucky234(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
NLanders wake up to reality,Ocampos dropped because Colombian govt were not given the needed backing or support rather and that's say your country plays an important role in the nomination.
Nigeria operates the most expensive govt in the world with misappropriation of public funds,billions are being loot on a daily basis.
Subsidy removal protest opened the eyes of the international communities to happenings inside the Nigerian govt where NOI happen to be the financial minister who failed to give precise account of how the subsidy money was spent,the world will be very skeptical in electing her as the president of the world's financial institute based on how Nigeria have been able to manage her finance.
Few days back it was announced by NOI that Nigeria has just $3bn in foreign reserve and that's to say as a country we are broke and what the world is looking at,charity they say begins at home.
NOI should Nigeria economy bank on track for the world to see as that will help her gain more trust from other continents outside Africa,its far more than being intelligent.
Kim is not a banker neither is he an economist but the world would rather vote for a man who championed the fight against diseases that threatened human existence with all sincerity than vote for a former world bank director with a Nigerian blood running in her veins,and that's why country like Russia with all the hate against America would stick with KIM Yong rather than NOI.
When the world hear NIGERIA they think FRAUD because both words are synonymous,that's what people mistake for international politics here.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
manchy7531:
your grandfather was a loser, your father is a loser,am not surprised he gave birth to a loser like you too.foolish one Nigerian,idiot.

Keep exhibiting your insecurities - take your beef to the world bank. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
the USA is wise...who wants okonjo to remove fuel subsidy in Yankee!!!..they had to pick my main man -Jackie Chan....sorry, jimchon wuu?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
buzor:
u imbe.cile, its that all u can say. yet u say u re not tribalist.
am beginning to see your true colour...

The "US AGAINST THEM MENTALITY" again..

Please, list her achievements as the Minister of Finance in Nigeria.....

I'm waiting.....

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Geeweeny(m): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
Wn gaddafi wz teln africans 2 brk out 4rm d western communities,u pipl tot he wz crazy,as lng dy r dia,africns wud neva c d lyt,sori 2 say n i fl bad abt it
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Afam bu Afam Inshiworji and i endorse this curse.

I'm laughing at you..

**Sneezes on Afam's face**
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by dynamite2012: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Yes she has a good shot but not good as that of Kim because he has better godfathers !

But isn't that the point of a political appointment? Technically, any Ph.D level economist has a shot at World Bank Presidency. Okonjo's eminent qualifications are not sufficient to make her WB president. Her delusional country-men only fanned the flames of a dream that was practically dead on arrival. I hope that she will now devote her time to cleaning up Jonathan's stupid Presidency.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Rhino5dm: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
Not for the styp!d backstabbing Yorubas, this Igbo woman would have clinch the seat. Ofenmanus! Yorubas!! Una dey see una hand work? Backstabbers!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex:

I'm laughing at you..

**Sneezes on Afam's face**

You're laughing at your generation not me. You can sneeze on your father's d1ck. person.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Not for the styp!d backstabbing Yorubas, this Igbo woman would have clinch the seat. Ofenmanus! Yorubas!! Una dey see una hand work? Backstabbers!

E don do.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by lacasa: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ȋ̝̊̅§ this nEws

We knew all along

Make she find place sit down make we hear word abeeg!!

Petrol Ȋ̝̊̅§ still expensive..
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Demdem(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Obama doesnt like ibos,that is it.

This got me cracking to be honest.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:
You're laughing at your generation not me. You can sneeze on your father's d1ck. person.

Please, don't commit suicide because the pig faced bytch lost. undecided
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
chucky234: NLanders wake up to reality,Ocampos dropped because Colombian govt were not given the needed backing or support rather and that's say your country plays an important role in the nomination.
Nigeria operates the most expensive govt in the world with misappropriation of public funds,billions are being loot on a daily basis.
Subsidy removal protest opened the eyes of the international communities to happenings inside the Nigerian govt where NOI happen to be the financial minister who failed to give precise account of how the subsidy money was spent,the world will be very skeptical in electing her as the president of the world's financial institute based on how Nigeria have been able to manage her finance.
Few days back it was announced by NOI that Nigeria has just $3bn in foreign reserve and that's to say as a country we are broke and what the world is looking at,charity they say begins at home.
NOI should Nigeria economy bank on track for the world to see as that will help her gain more trust from other continents outside Africa,its far more than being intelligent.
Kim is not a banker neither is he an economist but the world would rather vote for a man who championed the fight against diseases that threatened human existence with all sincerity than vote for a former world bank director with a Nigerian blood running in her veins,and that's why country like Russia with all the hate against America would stick with KIM Yong rather than NOI.
[b]When the world hear NIGERIA they think FRAUD because both words are synonymous,[/b]that's what people mistake for international politics here.

Are you saying obama is scared of having sister wahala as the president of world bank because she may loot the bank ? cheesy grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by ceejay80s(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
KINGwax: seriously, how old art thou? And besides you're in the wrong site, i knw u meant to book an appointment online wit the psychiatric. You can leave now.has she started anything except making d masses suffer more? She's clueless, alwys talking like sanusi d parrot, yet money kept getting wasted. She's part of the team that run this country dry wit their fuckin expenses. She should start d fuckin reform by buying their fuel and taking care of some fuckin expenses like 1b naira for the fellow clueless and shoeless fellow. By telling the retard to stop buying presidential jets cos d fuckin bullying america has only air force one! Ask him to stop before they start buying armour tanks for senators, war jets for ministers and space ships for the shoeless president.
Looser!
9ic3
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by nuclearboy(m): 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Where is the "bingo" who prophesied she would win?

This is a case of chickens coming home to roost - you think sensible thinking non-tribalistic countries would vote in a vacuous wind bag?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Ufeolorun(m): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
Yeah let's have her there cos she's one of us.she's just blatantly over rated,
Kim has got grasp of the physical process and developmental implication of decision making and would help put hopefully,the human effect of World bank activities into consideration.
That's said, I think the world bank is really useless to African aspirations.

I love the way America used its power to 'subsidise' the position for Kim,unfortunately for Okonjo BRICs and african consensus couldn't subsidize the presidency for her.
Lol.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
dynamite2012:

But isn't that the point of a political appointment? Technically, any Ph.D level economist has a shot at World Bank Presidency. Okonjo's eminent qualifications are not sufficient to make her WB president. Her delusional country-men only fanned the flames of a dream that was practically dead on arrival. I hope that she will now devote her time to cleaning up Jonathan's stupid Presidency.

Any PHP holder has a shot at the presidency? Are you kidding me? She was the MD of world bank, dude. That alone is enough qualification for her to be made presiident except you're saying a medical doctor is more qualified than an economist who has been tested in the same institution.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by manny4life(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
The kind of hate fuming out of people post is just disheartening, she lost we know it. Not many black people were called to the interview, let alone African, let alone a woman... Me think that she's tried, whether people like it or not, she's has indeed proven a whole bunch of people WRONG.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by babaowo: 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ezemarcel: Okonjo iweala pls come back and lets discuss on how 2 finally remove subsidy on fuel...rubbish.
i can't lol
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by ektbear: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
The surprise of so many on here about this outcome makes me wish I could have gambled with you guys regarding the outcome...
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by manny4life(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
dynamite2012:

Oga, please tell us what you know about her last 20 years experience in Banking, Finance and Economics, I'm waiting? Don't forget to add her education up to Ph.D as well, I really want to know.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Rhino5dm: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Viewing this topic . . . .Danbanza! cool

Viewing this topic: annyplenty(m), OBANEB, songhia, abiri(m), ceejay80s(m), vb0mb(m), aso ebi(m), pro01, nuclearboy(m), Afokeoghen, naptu2, chiozor, harmony5(m), mufc009(m), onoja12, shymmex(m), sesanayo(m), kcswat, chukxy44 (m), Ufeolorun(m), Marramlast(m), femadelim, MostIncredible.DFirst, Razmuhy, freshdew, Mkpakala, biz.ideas, Somatic(m), Nebeuwa(m), Rhino.5dm, awocad14, manny4life(m), saxywale (m), buchio7(m), puskin, afam4eva(m), Chamber10, Odunnu(f), b_Happy(m), babaowo, Whymee , phantom(m), ~Bluetooth(m), kommy(f), Tamita(m), angelhair and 66 guest(s)
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
'Twas always going to be an academic exercise for Okonjo-Iweala. One with God is a majority as the saying goes; and when it comes to the World Bank presidency. . .one with the United States is an overwhelming majority indeed.

Well, she gave it a good fight, and her CV would of course look more colourful with "former aspirant to the World Bank presidency" (which, perhaps, was her ultimate goal from the outset).
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nebeuwa(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Both candidate credentials:

Kim Yong Jim: President of Dartmouth College. Was backed by the US for the job. Born in Seoul, the 52-year-old is a leading figure in global health

Education:
Brown University - Magna cum laude - B.A.
Harvard Medical School - MD
Harvard University - Ph.D.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala:The Nigerian finance minister, 57, was endorsed by three African countries - South Africa, Angola and Nigeria. Previously a managing director at the World Bank

Education:
Harvard University - Magna cum laude - B.A.
MIT - Ph.D. in regional economic development

-----------------------------------------------

I have to say that Ms. Okonjo-Iweala was more qualified for the position than Mr. Jim if you look at both of their credentials. He is not even have a background in economics for goodness sake.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Obama is a yoruba man from ilesha in osun state. . .why does everybody hates ibos ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Leads In Redfield & Wilton Strategies Poll / Chris Uba's Daughter, Nkem's Wedding Photos / If Hameed Ali Ends Smuggling, He Can Appear In Senate In Jeans & Shirt - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.