Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (26811 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
pro01:

Unsurprisingly, the buffoon has grammar challenges of his own. However, being the inferior creature that he is, he would prefer to nitpick others' flaws in order to derive some kind of perverse fulfilment. You need help, urgently.
It is even unsurprising that you, a dim witted, numb skull packing blob for brain effigy can only echo that which someone else already has, and blindly overlook the coherence in the messages that follow it. Plus the phrase, "it's a skin you wish you had" isn't wrong! You just don't have the grey matter to comprehend: the only blunder is your earthly existence!

Do the world a favour: go drink otapia-pia and die for roadside make local government bury you! #oponu oshi
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
Maleeq:
It is even unsurprising that you, a dim witted, numb skull packing blob for brain effigy can only echo that which someone else already has, and blindly overlook the coherence in the messages that follow it. Plus the phrase, "it's a skin you wish you had" isn't wrong! You just don't have the grey matter to comprehend: the only blunder is your earthly existence!

Do the world a favour: go drink otapia-pia and die for roadside make local government bury you! #oponu oshi

Your incoherent and disjointed jabbering is completely devoid of sense. Is this supposed to convince us that you're 'grammatically qualified' to criticise Ikpeba (or anyone else for that matter)? Epic fail! You really need help; medical and spiritual help. Then again, if your intention is to teach me what is wrong and what isn't, then I'm afraid. . . 'you're on a long tin' as the saying goes. Besides, I'm not quite sure why you highlighted a certain word in quoting my previous post (i.e. fulfilment). You mind teaching me something new?

Child, go and read your books and pray that God helps you become as accomplished as Victor Ikpeba's bank account officer when you grow up, if ever.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
pro01:

Your incoherent and disjointed jabbering is completely devoid of sense. Is this supposed to convince us that you're 'grammatically qualified' to criticise Ikpeba (or anyone else for that matter)? Epic fail! You really need help; medical and spiritual help. Then again, if your intention is to teach me what is wrong and what isn't, then I'm afraid. . . 'you're on a long tin' as the saying goes. Besides, I'm not quite sure why you highlighted a certain word in quoting my previous post (i.e. fulfilment). You mind teaching me something new?

Child, go and read your books and pray that God helps you become as accomplished as Victor Ikpeba's bank account officer when you grow up, if ever.
From your words, I can read frustration in your life. My post being incoherent to you only further asserts my statement: you are a dim witted, numb skull packing blob for brain effigy! You need spiritual help! Try TB Joshua...he just might help you...else, donate yourself as sacrifice to Okija shrine!

Being a critic's critic is your idea of accomplishment? Plus I never contested or took a jab at his accomplishment. Ease off dude and take out the sledge hammer riveted in your a$$! It's so up your a$$ that shitty ideas are starting to clog your melon. Convince you? Who/What are you? Oh please! The only relevance you'd have in life is being dead: compost!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by WebSurfer(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2012
†ђξ guy don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Y blow again °˚˚˚º

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Natasha2(f): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
WebSurfer: †ђξ guy don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Y blow again °˚˚˚º
LWKMD
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by pistol: 12:41pm On May 01, 2012
Make una free this man na.

Why are the mods resurrecting this topic again.

International intelligibility means that he can relay his information and message and the people watching are able to grasp what he is saying.

This bashing is becoming another thing altogether.

It is nothing short of character assasination
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by chelseabmw(m): 12:58pm On May 01, 2012
Pls help urself and laff

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by tjadeba(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2012
"if Victor Ikpeba should lose his job at Supersports,then we all caused it..please let him be..he has been an humble citizen of this nation..please"
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 01, 2012
tjadeba: "if Victor Ikpeba should lose his job at Supersports,then we all caused it..please let him be..he has been an humble citizen of this nation..please"
grin grin grin
LMAO! You think SuperSports will drop Ikpeba because of the opinion of the confused OP? Abeg, don't make the OP delusions get any grander.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by geniushyke(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2012
Emylexray: Abeg let the guy be!..i don't know why we Nigerians can never be proud of our own, he and Daniel are being chosen to analyse on supersport based on their rich profile as Nigerian's ex-footballers i guess, and not soley on their grammatical eloquence. Like odiero said, he is making cool money with his not-too-good English while you are still under your momma's roof feeding on garri and epa everyday with your immaculate and ''flawless'' English. Mtcheew.
Emylexray: Abeg let the guy be!..i don't know why we Nigerians can never be proud of our own, he and Daniel are being chosen to analyse on supersport based on their rich profile as Nigerian's ex-footballers i guess, and not soley on their grammatical eloquence. Like odiero said, he is making cool money with his not-too-good English while you are still under your momma's roof feeding on garri and epa everyday with your immaculate and ''flawless'' English. Mtcheew.
Don't mind the guy joor he's jobless and nothing more. Mr Aproko go get a life.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Parishpriest1: 1:17pm On May 01, 2012
The problem with Nigerians/Africans is that, we love copying other peoples cultures and way of life. Check all the developed/developing economies of the world, you will see that, all of them speaks and writes their local language. Eg Japan, Israel, Germany, England, Italy etc. Then, check all the third world countries/copycats (Nigeria leading the pack in this group) of the world, all of them speaks foreign languages. Vernacular is always a taboo. Imagine the prince of Monaco that won african footballer of the year some years back, making his money and some "imbe»ilic imbe»iles" in this forum just dey open their mouth anyhow anyhow. Victor is a multi linguist if u don't know. Let's stop snooping around peoples personality and try and build ours.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by stokolie(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2012
Mr Murdah:
As far as broadcasting goes...Victor should not be on TV.

i once heard of a swimming teacher who was the best but couldn't swim,he lost his job after one day when he was save from drowning by the same student he was teaching because he can't swim.
he knws the language not the act. the question should be does he knw his trade,not in the grammatic error,
beside you way sabi grammer,go use am collect money for bank.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by omoredia: 1:25pm On May 01, 2012
The person that post this thread a is a big fool. People like u never make it in life. Beta change!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 01, 2012
@OP; you're simply jobless. I rather blow grammer like ikpeba and dame and make money than speak a foreign language correctly without Kobo in my pocket. Ikpeba is a celebrity wether u like it or not, dame's office cost 5billion naira while she cooks 3million naira ogbono soup daily for our darling retardeen. OP i suggest u shut down ur laptop and go hug the nearest transformer. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by kossynerule: 1:46pm On May 01, 2012
Mr Murdah:
As far as broadcasting goes...Victor should not be on TV.
.....english professor,,,y supersports no call u,,,,,tcheeewww,,busybody
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by 1forall: 1:53pm On May 01, 2012
NLers at it again exchanging abuse and derailing the topic.

The chunk of the blame should go to the TV station that fails to recognize that their broadcast reaches millions of subscribed viewers and the content therefore should be of high quality.
Unfortunately the guy's level of spoken English falls below the standard you'd expect from cable TV broadcast - it is quite plain to see, but here we find many virtually celebrating poor communication skills on embarrassing display on Supersport TV!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by crackhouse(m): 2:05pm On May 01, 2012
Bawss1: This topic has been discussed before on another thread and that one made the frontpage too.

@Topic
I find it puzzling that Supersports retains his services even though there is nothing exceptional about the analysis he gives with his subpar command of English.
maybe nairaland doesn't like ikpeba.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by afrikanns: 2:15pm On May 01, 2012
Man, u beta face wetin u go chop 4 ur life, the name dey ring bell for nigerians ear even world self u siddon 4 naira land dey hunt 4 ppl's grammar. Shame on u.schsssssm
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by illuminati400: 2:30pm On May 01, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
Abeg tell that Junky 4 me he can't speak English yet he's making $5000 per seating in s-sport you wey get phd 4 grammer how much u dey make (ORUE) MUMU ODE DOUCHBAG
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Ajillo: 2:46pm On May 01, 2012
Richvkunt: Victor Ikpeba was a great footballer but he certainly is a below average football analyst.
Apart from his poor English and poor pronunciation of words,he fails to be professional in his analysis of football matches.
It is so easy to notice that he is completely biased towards anything concerning Manchester United and totally obsessed with them.
On the other hand his co analyst Segun Agbede is so pro united that the two of them succeed in turning the sports chat segment into a battle between two football fans just lucky to speak into a microphone.
Next season Supersports need to up their game and get professionals to run that segment of the programme,or better leave us to watch the original analysis from the EPL studios abroad.
Right now Victor and Segun are an insult to all premium subscription holders on DSTV.
Whenever they come on I just turn down the volume of my TV set.

Yes. As per professionalism, this is lacking in the super sport analysis segment. As for the English language and grammar, the likes of Amokachi and Ikpeba should not come near the screen at all. The disaster is that school children and young people will emulate them thinking they are right. I am surprised that Super Sport allowed this to continue till this moment.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by goldplated(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2012
NAIRALAND IS JUNK WHEN THIS STUFF HAS MADE HOME PAGE BEFORE WHY BRINGING IT UP AGAIN? DEM NEVER SUE SEUN FOR SLANDER NA MAKE HIM BODY DEY CATCH AM!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Havilah93(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2012
goldplated: NAIRALAND IS JUNK WHEN THIS STUFF HAS MADE HOME PAGE BEFORE WHY BRINGING IT UP AGAIN? DEM NEVER SUE SEUN FOR SLANDER NA MAKE HIM BODY DEY CATCH AM!
me sef dey wonder o!. What is this this topic doing in FP, .... okay, the guy speaks bad english at times, but we all already know this. Aseju leleyi o
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Esinwaju: 4:03pm On May 01, 2012
Whoever put this thrash back on the frontpage is a grade A schmuck!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by mikron(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2012
Maleeq: Oh men! Is this guy good or what? When it comes to grammar and bullets, I wonder who is a greater threat to Nigeria: Him or Dame Patience?

His analysis on super sports, i felt bad on his behalf....after i don laff tire sha! grin

1. Can Wigan maintain d 'temple' of d game?
2. I think they deserve to Lost against Wigan
3. I expect Walcokk to chine

The guy is gifted joor!
Are you a professor in English language? dude abeg free dis guy. haba! this ll be the 6th time victor's matter will be a subject of discussion on nairaland. im sure you are not half as rich as he is. so wat is ur d.a.m.n point? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Sammyblaq(m): 4:15pm On May 01, 2012
@poster
whoever dat brought up dis topic is jealous of #ikpeba.
Whether he's getn it or not....he's making dough from it.
It's nt easy to b dia on d screen.

Have ur voice ever been heard on a radio?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Olubachar(m): 4:15pm On May 01, 2012
Havilah93:
me sef dey wonder o!. What is this this topic doing in FP, .... okay, the guy speaks bad english at times, but we all already know this. Aseju leleyi o
@seun/moderator, Please, remove this topic from the front page.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Booty4me: 4:26pm On May 01, 2012
These moderatorz ar sum set of bastard.s. Why bringin this to d frontpage Again. Smh

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Diakpa(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2012
nobody is saying he wasn't a good footballer, or saying he doesn't deserve to be there based on his past exploits... but the thing is as kids, we were always encouraged to watch tv to listen and learn how to speak eloquently. can u today, in ur right senses ask ur kids to listen to victor speaking in order for him/her to learn how to speak eloquently? no wonder the youths of today can't speak (or even write) correctly. here are some typical errors i saw and heard recently: 'i am a chelsea FANS', 'i am a year HOLDER today', 'where were me', 'what did u HEARD' and so on. isn't it time we sanitize the media house, so that it can once again become he role model for our kids (like say i don born) to learn how to speak simple and correct english eloquently without stress?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by yesboss20(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2012
What I love about Ikpeba is that he simply doesn't care! The man was very successful and exposed to the world yet his anglophone grammar kicks harder than karate atimes.
Personally, he spices up those discussions on tv and I admire his confidence very much.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by mykejones(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2012
illuminati400: Abeg tell that Junky 4 me he can't speak English yet he's making $5000 per seating in s-sport you wey get phd 4 grammer how much u dey make (ORUE) MUMU ODE DOUCHBAG
Dude,did u jus say 5000 dols per sitting?
Have u tried convertin dat said amount 2 Naija currency? Abegi jare!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 01, 2012
What is what doing is worth doing well. We acknowledge the fact that he is a great player but in terms of broadcasting, his poor command of the English language can send the wrong meaning, feeling and rationale.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nairaboi(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2012
stebell: Pls make yu forgive de guy. Him own beta wat of Daniel "de bull". Hv yu heard him speak? Him own worse pass. That's why wen he was on air i dont watch super sports until de start of match
. . . My guy 4rm ur own use of English language, i tink ur own worse pass d guy. Imagine what u wrote " that's y wen he was on air, i dont watch supersport until the start of match" FYI, it is " when he is. . . I did't watch". So wat are u? An Ode.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Already 93 Goals, Will Ronaldo Beat International Record Of 109 Goals? / Police Arrests Robbers Who Attacked Ogenyi Onazi's Home In Jos / Norway Players Protest Against Human Rights Abuse In Qatar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.