Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (26953 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by doublecross(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
Dt03: I hate when people criticise someone. How many of you have ever talked in public television? Let's learn to appreciate.
God bless you my brother. Most footballers are poorly educated and everybody knows that. why criticise the guy?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by tcurl(f): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
His grammar is fetching him cool cash and you are here talking about him. you no get work
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by sayso: 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
The thing baffle me jooo
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Dt03: I hate when people criticise someone. How many of you have ever talked in public television? Let's learn to appreciate.

criticism aint a bad thing as long as u are a public figure people must criticize.. U can only tell em to criticize with brain
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by onatisi(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
i have said this so many times the fact that some ppl can surf the net thru their bbs does not mean they are intelligent or sensible.a perfect example is the person the brought this issue up.i work with chinese ppl and they speak the most horrible english but they get their ideas across and get the contracts.i think this guy that complains abut ikpebas english should know the victor has made a mark.the poster shuld know that his or her future is gradually melting away in idleness.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by kooto(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
Sincerely I think we should learn to appreciate ourselves, does speaking Queens english important?a borrowed language for that matter.one can smile at it in private but not to make it a topic a forum like this.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by onatisi(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
i think the poster should be asked this question.does he feel he will ever achieve anything in his or her life time that will make an international cable tv bring him to their studios?i dont think he will if he continues criticising successful people.he will remain a nl critic for life
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by 9jauk: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
I wonder why people are calling for Amazing Victor's head,he never played in English speaking country dude's pardon him,Haters.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by binhozie(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
rlcanon: mr.grammar skill,

does the average american speaks deceny english language in public or been private?no is the answer.but me,do not subcriber to bad.but i put it sraight to you that you are jobless and such go play for dirty.

Omg...
Did you use google translate to post this?

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by BlazingKachy: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
Criticism is a good thing from which you can learn,correct yourself,and improve on your delivery. But being a public figure,it wouldn't be much to say i expect something better from Victor Ikpeba.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Kassidy90(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
@op pls hw much do u make monthly wit ur good command of english.....abeg free d guy jooor, english is nt his birth language....
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by sylve11: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Richvkunt: Victor Ikpeba was a great footballer but he certainly is a below average football analyst.
Apart from his poor English and poor pronunciation of words,he fails to be professional in his analysis of football matches.
[b]It is so easy to notice that he is completely biased towards anything concerning Manchester United and totally obsessed with them.
On the other hand his co analyst Segun Agbede is so pro united that the two of them succeed in turning the sports chat segment into a battle between two football fans just lucky to speak into a microphone.

Next season Supersports need to up their game and get professionals to run that segment of the programme,or better leave us to watch the original analysis from the EPL studios abroad.
Right now Victor and Segun are an insult to all premium subscription holders on DSTV.
Whenever they come on I just turn down the volume of my TV set. [/b]

Finish! Not here to correct anyone about their grammar error cos i am not even perfect when it comes to English not even the Americans. but to be honest, that guy is a crazy anti-Manu fan. Thank God i don't watch SS3 anymore. Abudabi Sport do all the jobs for me. wink wink wink cool
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2012

does the average american speaks deceny english language in public or been private?no is the answer.but me,do not subcriber to bad.but i put it sraight to you that you are jobless and such go play for dirty.
Yours is even worse. You need english lessons from him.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Demdem(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by onatisi(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2012

na wah ooooo.i dey fear dis english sef.dis one na scud missle no be bullet.how many version of english we get sef?dis version na helele o
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
Those of you that can't speak your mother tongue should be more ashamed of yourself. You're berating someone for his short-comings in a language that isn't his. SMH.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by puplin(f): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2012

You've just murdered English too, like seriously....wtf!!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by puplin(f): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva: Those of you that can't speak your mother tongue should be more ashamed of yourself. You're berating someone for his short-comings in a language that isn't his. SMH.
What do you mean by a language that isn't his? English is our official language & the guy is a Shame to listen to..c'mon, let's be frank!!

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by puplin(f): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva: Those of you that can't speak your mother tongue should be more ashamed of yourself. You're berating someone for his short-comings in a language that isn't his. SMH.
What do you mean by a language that isn't his? English is our official language & the guy is just a shame to listen to..c'mon, let's be frank!!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by goldng: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
Na your mama born you. God bless you for this comment.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by hajifaty: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
See foolish Nigerians cherishing English language while looking down on their own language and culture. Chinese and other nations are promoting their language and culture everyday. when will your white masters start speaking Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa or any other nigeria language. Dotty individuals living in a dotty nation.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
Ok, that you troll in a thread created by an unemployed, nairaland gossip makes you what? Gainfully employed and discrete? Bros please...you are same as you tag me! And that you pick on "making money" tells a lot about you...and a dream that eludes you! #youBroke

Leqsy:
god 'l bless u
ndidibabe: Tell him..
9jadelta:

butetetetetetete *ogogoro laff* abeg helep tell am o... Is like u snatched those words frm my mouth
...and same goes for you guys sharing his view.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Afam4eva(m): 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
puplin: What do you mean by a language that isn't his? English is our official language & the guy is just a shame to listen to..c'mon, let's be frank!!

Let me be frank, your post reeks of inferiority complex. So, official language is now more important that your indegenous language? The reason why Africans will keep carrying the rest of the world on their head.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2012

Blood of Jesus!!! shocked shocked
With this your "hinglish", you should be classified a "handicap" in the society!

I no fit shout!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
Emylexray: Abeg let the guy be!..i don't know why we Nigerians can never be proud of our own, he and Daniel are being chosen to analyse on supersport based on their rich profile as Nigerian's ex-footballers i guess, and not soley on their grammatical eloquence. Like odiero said, he is making cool money with his not-too-good English while you are still under your momma's roof feeding on garri and epa everyday with your immaculate and ''flawless'' English. Mtcheew.
Sorry, you seem to know much about me! ok ok ok! bros na u sef? The pauper that comes to clean up my garri and epa after I am done eating? No worry, come by 6pm today...i go remain small for u today!

Funny you critique my statement with attacks/insults. How civil is that? A mockery of the point you are trying to make.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
pro01:

You dey mind them? Nigerians are probably the most detestable nitpickers in the world. Always making a complete mockery of themselves while purporting to mock others. Ikpeba is an accomplished footballer, and his stature as a successful footballer (and former African Footballer of the Year, for that matter) eminently qualifies him to be a football pundit. Even if his English is not as impeccable as some fastidious nitpickers expect, he certainly passes his message across in a manner that is sufficiently clear.

It must take a whole lot of self-pity and insecurity to seek validation by opening a thread to impugn people on account of how poor you think their grammar is. This is extremely ridiculous, especially because these impugned people are all-too-often more accomplished than their faceless detractors would ever be. It is even more ridiculous because the nitpickers' grammar is typically worse than that of the individual they criticise shamelessly.
That you take time out to write this epistle up makes me not faceless after all! Self pity? Please...it strikes me as though you've got serious issues of your own to air such inference from, in my opinion, a loose statement aimed not at prodding the accomplishment of the star, but for a cheap humor for the day! Loosen up kido!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by mangbede: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
ur writeup contains common mistakes in english too....
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
oldave: It is ok for poorly educated guys like Ikpeba,Amokachi etc to make wrong use of words intermittently. When it comes to skills, ball sense, and game interpretation, you know they have made excellent contributions globally. It is you that have problem with Language, these guys are professors in their fields.
No doubt. I cant/wont dare contest that!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
tcurl: His grammar is fetching him cool cash and you are here talking about him. you no get work
you wey get work, wetin u dey find for thread wey pesin wey no get work create? Abi u don tire to dey "make your own cool cash"? tongue
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by ezotik: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
the problem with nigerians is that they are still trying to master the "queens english" instead of come to terms that just like there is "american english" there is also "nigerian english" and victor ikpeba speaks nigerian english perfectly well.

@op,

langauage is a means of communication and as long as you understood what he was saying, then he did his job. but it seems u were also mocking his accent? how do u expect a nigerian raised in nigera to speak english with a diff accent? or u are one of those nigerians who speak english with britico accent even though u were born and bred in nigeria?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by emsquare(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2012

I feel You!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi On FIFA Best Player Shortlist / Liverpool Lift Their Sixth Champions League Trophy (Video) / Falconets Celebrate With Fans After Defeating France At FIFA U20 World Cup (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.