Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

91KeepInformed's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 91KeepInformed's Profile / 91KeepInformed's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Crime / Read How Popular Prostitute Sold Her 2 Year Old Daughter In Badagry by 91KeepInformed: 4:09am On Oct 03, 2016
The police in Lagos State have arrested a woman, identified as Grace Onome, for allegedly selling her two-year-old child in the Badagry area of the state.Our correspondents learnt that Onome was arrested on Saturday by the Badagry Police Division after a tip-off.
Our correspondent gathered that four accomplices, who allegedly aided the sale of the girl, were also arrested by the police.
It was learnt that the sold daughter, identified as Zainab, had yet to be found.
Our correspondent gathered that Onome, who worked as a commercial sex worker in the Mobil area of Badagry, allegedly sold Zainab to another sex worker, identified only as Endurance.
A police source at the division said operatives were on the trail of Endurance in order to rescue Zainab.
He said, “It was on Saturday that Grace (Onome) and Endurance had the transaction. They are both commercial sex workers in the area.

“Endurance gave Zainab’s mother N50,000, before taking the girl away. The mother said she used the money to buy a few things for herself.

“The fleeing buyer is of no fixed address. But the police are on her trail.”

http://iroyinkoko.com/popular-sex-worker-in-badagry-sells-two-year-old-daughter/
Crime / Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by 91KeepInformed: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2016
A 35-year-old man, Ejike Onyejekwe, has been killed in the FESTAC Town area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the victim, who lived on 21 Road, K Close, FESTAC, was stabbed to death after winning a lot of money from a lottery.

Our correspondent gathered that Onyejekwe, to celebrate the winning, bought drinks for his friends and threw a party last Thursday and Friday.

It was learnt that on Friday evening, he was heard arguing with an unidentified person on the phone.

He allegedly told his friend he was going to see the man, but never returned.

His corpse was allegedly discovered the next day on one of the estates.

A resident, who did not want to be identified, said the chairman of the estate called the attention of residents to the corpse on Saturday.

He said, “I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

“I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was. He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station.”

It was learnt that some of the victim’s friends later identified him.

The corpse was said to have been deposited in a morgue, while the police arrested and detained the chairman of the estate and his secretary; they were later released.

A source told PUNCH Metro that the victim won a lottery few days to his death.

He said, “The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

“He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head. There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well.

“When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.”

A friend of the victim, who did not identify himself, said his relative had visited the community.

“I can’t say why he was killed. Nobody knows. He just returned from a visit to the village,” he added.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

She added that the police had already arrested two suspects in connection with the death.

She said, “The chairman of one of the estates reported that at about 7am, he woke up and saw the victim lying lifeless with injuries on his head and body. The corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. Two suspects, Suleiman Ahmed and Ibrahim Yusuf, were arrested and the case transferred to the SCIID for further investigation.”

http://punchng.com/lagos-resident-killed-winning-lottery/

2 Shares

Politics / Buhari Appoints Former Akwa Ibom Gov. Aspirant And Others To Key Positions by 91KeepInformed: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved new appointments in 13 Federal Government agencies.

1.Mr. Joseph Ari as the DG Industrial Training Fund (ITF)

2. Dr Isa Pantami DG National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).

3. Engr Simbi Wabote, Executive Sec. Nigerian Content Monitoring Board

4. Aboloma Osita Anthony, DG Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)

5.Mamman Amadu, DG Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)

6. Sharon_Ikeazor, Exe. Sec. Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD).

7.Ms. Akodundo Gloria, CEO New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)

8. Ahmed Bobboi, Exe. Sec. Petroleum Equalization Fund (PEF).

http://iroyinkoko.com/buhari-appoints-former-akwa-ibom-gov-aspirant-others-key-positions/

Politics / Oyegun's Time Is Up As APC Chairman- Tinubu by 91KeepInformed: 1:35am On Sep 26, 2016
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, has demanded the removal of the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, over what he called the latter’s anti-democratic handling of the party affairs.

Tinubu made this demand in a scathing statement entitled, “Oyegun’s Ondo fraud: The violation of democracy in the APC,” released by the Tinubu Media Office on Sunday.

The party leader said the APC’s democratic credentials had been dealt a big blow by Odigie-Oyegun’s conduct, especially with his handling of the outcome of the Ondo State governorship primary.

He said the APC was a party borne out of the quest for democratic good governance, arguing that the ideology was currently under a critical threat by those who managed to be in the party but were never part of it.

According to him, from the party’s inception, the principles of democratic fairness and justice are to guide the APC’s internal deliberations.

http://iroyinkoko.com/cracks-emerge-in-apc-as-tinubu-asks-oyegun-to-resign/

Crime / IDIMU: Policemen Kill Undergraduate While Chasing "Yahoo Boy" by 91KeepInformed: 3:01am On Sep 23, 2016
Tragedy struck at the Ogoja Market, LASU-Igando Road, Lagos State, after operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad shot dead an undergraduate of a polytechnic in Edo State, Eldanojie Joseph.

The 20-year-old business administration student was said to be on a visit to his cousin, Friday Ojah, who lived on Alape Street, Iba Ojo, when he was hit by a stray bullet.

Our correspondent learnt that the operatives were chasing a suspected Internet fraudster, identified as Badoo, who had parked his car and fled upon sighting the officers.

The operatives were said to have started shooting sporadically.

The Esan, Edo State indigene, who had reportedly gone out to buy a canned drink with his cousin, was hit by a stray bullet.

http://iroyinkoko.com/policemen-kill-undergraduate-while-chasing-internet-fraudster/

Politics / Ondo APC Secretariat Sealed Off With Charms by 91KeepInformed: 7:13am On Sep 22, 2016
Following the crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ondo state, the situation seems to be taking another dimension as it was discovered that unknown ritualists early Monday morning locked up the state party secretariat located at Oyemekun road in Akure.

According to reports from the secretariat, the suspected ritualists put a drum-like shaped object tied with leaves, clothes and other “fetish paraphernalia” believed to be Ogun at the entrance gate to the APC secretariat office in Ondo state.

It will be recalled that two weeks ago, some aggrieved party members led by Bar. Tolu Babaleye and Hon. Saka Yusuf Ogunleye had locked up the party secretariat preventing the party chairman in the state, Hon. Isaac Kekemeke, from entering the office.

The aggrieved group alleged that a national leader of the party, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu moved to impose one of the governorship aspirants in the party, Mr. Segun Abraham, as the party candidate.

The party chairman was also accused of moving around and using the party organ to solicit support and votes for Abraham ahead of the party primary election slated for September 3.

http://iroyinkoko.com/ondo-apc-secretariat-sealed-off-with-charms/

Crime / Idimu: School- Leaver Rapes Four-year-old Girl In Her Brother’s Presence by 91KeepInformed: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 20-year-old suspect, Bassey Johnson, for allegedly raping a four-year-old girl in the Idimu area of the state.

Our sources learnt that the school-leaver, who is also learning a trade, allegedly raped the girl, Fatima (pseudonym), when she and her elder brother went to watch a television in the suspect’s apartment.

The victim’s family and the suspect were said to be neighbours in the area.

Our correspondent gathered that on Sunday, around 9am, Fatima and her seven-year-old brother, Wareed, went to the suspect’s room to watch the TV.

It was learnt that while the two were in Johnson’s apartment, Wareed fell asleep.

The suspect was said to have raped the girl, after the brother slept.

A neighbour, who identified herself only as Adeyinka, said it was Fatima’s mother, who later discovered that the four-year-old had been raped when the girl continued to scratch her private parts.

She said, “Bass (Johnson) is very close to the girl’s family. They are neighbours and the children usually went to watch TV in his room. On that Sunday, the girl and her brother went into Bass’ room and while they were watching TV, the brother slept off.

“Bass thereafter raped the girl. The brother was sleeping in the room while Bass, who could not control his urge, raped the girl. After the girl came out of the room, the mother noticed that she kept crying and was scratching her private parts.

“When the mother checked Fatima’s private parts, she saw bloodstains and semen. When she confronted the perpetrator, the man confessed to the crime. That was how the matter got to the police.”

The matter was said to have been reported at the Idimu Police Division, and Johnson was arrested.

Our correspondent learnt that the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team had also stepped into the incident.

The DSVRT Coordinator, Lola Vivour-Adeniyi, said the girl had been taken for a checkup, adding that the Department of Public Prosecutions had requested for the duplicate case file.

She said, “The girl was taken to Rauf Aregbesola Primary Health Centre, where she was given post-exposure prophylaxis for free. The semen of the suspect was still in her pants as of the time of the treatment. The suspect ran away initially, but the girl’s father was able to arrest him through one of their neighbours.

“The matter was reported to us on Monday, and we are going to follow up on the prosecution. The girl has been treated. The DPP has also requested the duplicate case file.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the arrest, adding that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, Yaba.

She said, “The state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, has directed that the case be transferred to the SCIID.”

http://iroyinkoko.com/school-leaver-rapes-four-year-old-girl-in-her-brothers-presence/

Politics / Women Affairs Minister, Alhassan, Slumps In Mysterious Circumstances by 91KeepInformed: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2016
The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha Jumai Alhassan, on Tuesday slumped at the Internally Displaced Persons’ camp in Fufore Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

Alhassan was on a two-day official visit to the state when she slumped shortly after presenting relief materials to the IDPs.

But the slump that could have led to a national tragedy was averted by the swift intervention of her aides and camp officials who administered first aid on her.

It was gathered that barely few minutes after walking into the hall with the aid of crutches, Alhassan, who recently had an operation for an undisclosed ailment, slumped.

http://iroyinkoko.com/women-affairs-minister-alhassan-slumps-in-adamawa/

Sports / German Soccer Goalie Arrested After Conceeding 43 Goals In One Game by 91KeepInformed: 7:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Marco Kwiotek was criminally bad between the posts last week.

The goalie for SV Vonderort was arrested during team practice five days after he gave up a league-record 43 goals in the German club’s 43-0 loss to rival PSV Oberhausen.

Armed police approached Kwiotek, 25, at the team’s training facility about 30 miles north of Dusseldorf in Bottrop. As he was accompanied off the pitch, the keeper hollered to his teammates that the cops “just want to clear some things up,” according to The Sun.

After allowing a goal every two minutes in the blowout, Kwiotek perhaps should have clarified what went wrong to his teammates, as well.

http://iroyinkoko.com/german-goalkeeper-arrested-after-conceding-43-goals-in-one-game/

Crime / 52-year- Old Drinks Poison, Jumps Into Lagos River by 91KeepInformed: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2016
Residents of Salvation Avenue in the Ajegunle, Ikorodu area of Lagos State have found the corpse of a man by the riverside.
Our sources learnt that the deceased, Bolaji Waheed, was found around 1.30pm at the bank of the Itowolo River with a bottle containing a substance suspected to be poison.
Our correspondent gathered that 52-year-old Waheed had been declared missing on Saturday after his family members could not find him.
It was learnt that Waheed’s dead body was found by the riverside on Monday, which caused confusion in the area.
A police source said Waheed was believed to have taken the poison and plunged into the river.
The matter was said to have been reported at the Owode Police Division, which took the corpse to a morgue. angry angry angry angry angry angry

http://iroyinkoko.com/52-year-old-drinks-poison-jumps-into-lagos-river/

Crime / 52-year- Old Drinks Poison, Jumps Into Lagos River by 91KeepInformed: 6:56am On Sep 20, 2016
Residents of Salvation Avenue in the Ajegunle, Ikorodu area of Lagos State have found the corpse of a man by the riverside.
Our sources learnt that the deceased, Bolaji Waheed, was found around 1.30pm at the bank of the Itowolo River with a bottle containing a substance suspected to be poison.
Our correspondent gathered that 52-year-old Waheed had been declared missing on Saturday after his family members could not find him.
It was learnt that Waheed’s dead body was found by the riverside on Monday, which caused confusion in the area.
A police source said Waheed was believed to have taken the poison and plunged into the river.
The matter was said to have been reported at the Owode Police Division, which took the corpse to a morgue. angry angry angry angry angry angry

http://iroyinkoko.com/52-year-old-drinks-poison-jumps-into-lagos-river/

Celebrities / I Get My Inspiration From Women – Solidstar by 91KeepInformed: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2016
Achievas Music atriste, Solidstar, has revealed that women are part of the motivation that spurs him to write good music.
While speaking to Vanguard News about his inspiration as an artiste, he said, “I get my inspiration from women; I like being around them but they are just my friends.”
“I love to hear what they are saying about themselves.”
“So, I get inspired by the words, and I just put one or two of their words into my lyrics and come out with whatever I see around me.”

Concerning how he has been able to manage them, the singer explained that he has learnt how to handle women in a bid to stay scandal free.

http://iroyinkoko.com/i-get-my-inspiration-from-women-solidstar/

Crime / It's Either You Pay N1.2bn Or Nothing – Kidnappers Of Lagos Landlords Insist by 91KeepInformed: 7:04am On Sep 19, 2016
The kidnappers, who abducted four landlords around Lekki Gardens Estate, in the Isheri North area of Lagos State, have demanded N300m each to release their victims.

The assailants called family members of their victims on Sunday to make the demand, threatening to harm the landlords if the demand was not met.
Our correspondent had reported that the gunmen, who were masked, emerged from the waterways while the residents were jogging around 8am on Saturday.

http://iroyinkoko.com/n1-2bn-or-nothing-kidnappers-of-abducted-lagos-landlords-insist/

Crime / How I Defrauded Oyedepo, Dantata And Otudeko To The Tune Of #6 Million- Graduate by 91KeepInformed: 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
A graduate of Political Science, Jehu Kwasu, has narrated how he impersonated the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Matthew Kukah and defrauded prominent Nigerians of millions of naira.

Kwasu said his victims included Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide, who he claimed gave him N500,000; the Chairman, Honeywell Group, Oba Otudeko, N1m; Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, N500,000; businessman, Alhaji Aminu Dantata, N2m.

He allegedly collected the sums for Internally Displaced Persons.

He said, “I collected N500,000 from Otudeko, CEO, Honeywell: From Admiral Kanu, I got N500,000. I also got N500,000 from Bishop Oyedepo and N2m from Dantata. I also got money from Gen. Wushishi and others.

“I opened a Guaranty Trust Bank account in Bishop Kukah’s name. I registered a SIM card in my name, but used Bishop Kukah’s picture on my True Caller account, so that when I call, his picture would appear (on the recipient’s phone.)”

Kwasu, who is serving a two-month sentence in the Keffi Prison, admitted on Friday in Abuja that he realised over N5.7m.

Police sources said only N1.7m was found in his bank account, adding that the suspect spent most of the money he made on girls and hard drugs.

It was gathered that Kwasu, the son of late Anglican Bishop, James Kwasu, also exploited his father’s name, to extort money from the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, when the latter was the Speaker, House of Representatives.

http://iroyinkoko.com/4772-2/

Crime / We Robbed Onazi’s Father Because He Does Not Help People- Suspect by 91KeepInformed: 5:50am On Sep 16, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested the four men who allegedly robbed Mr. Wilson Onazi, the father of Nigerian footballer, Ogenyi Onazi.

The suspects are Kingsley David, Ebuka Ugochukwu, Joseph Ozo and Ali Audu.

Our correspondent had reported that the suspects on Monday attacked the home of the Onazis at the Government Reserved Area, Jos, Plateau State.

They were reported to have carted away several items, including a white Toyota Highlander and an undisclosed amount of money.

They reportedly inflicted machete cuts on Pa Onazi, who was admitted in a hospital after the incident.

Our sources gathered that after the robbery, the suspects moved to a bar in the community where they deliberated on what to do with the vehicle.

It was learnt that the four men took off for Lagos and lodged in Shibiri Hotel in the Ajangbadi area where they were arrested by policemen attached to the Ilemba Hausa Police Division after a tip-off.

A police source in the division told our sources that the men were arrested around 7pm on Wednesday while they awaited a buyer for the vehicle.

He said, “We got a tip-off that some suspicious people had lodged in a hotel in the area. They had been bringing several people to inspect the vehicle at the hotel, but they did not get a buyer.”

The suspects, who were arrested along with one of the intending buyers of the car, Osita Eze, were paraded at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters on Thursday.

The leader of the gang, David, 24, a polytechnic graduate, said he lived close to the victim’s house and had monitored his movement, adding that they robbed him to celebrate Sallah.

He said, “We are all friends. We planned the robbery a week to the actual day. I live close to the man’s house and I sold the idea to my friends. Our intention was just to take his car for the Sallah break. I didn’t follow them into the house. I only pointed the place to them and they finished the job. It was after they were done that I joined them in the vehicle.”

http://iroyinkoko.com/we-robbed-onazis-father-because-he-does-not-help-people-suspect/

Politics / $15m In My Accounts For Medical Bills, Others, Says Patience by 91KeepInformed: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2016
Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, said she was using her $15m, which was frozen in four companies’ accounts, to settle medical bills while she was out of the country.

She, therefore, urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and Skye Bank to lift the restriction on the accounts.

Patience said this in a letter with reference number GA/Abibo/00226/2016, written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) and Co, which was addressed to the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

http://iroyinkoko.com/15m-in-my-accounts-for-medical-bills-others-says-patience/

Politics / $15m In My Accounts For Medical Bills, Others, Says Patience by 91KeepInformed: 7:26am On Sep 14, 2016
Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, said she was using her $15m, which was frozen in four companies’ accounts, to settle medical bills while she was out of the country.

She, therefore, urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and Skye Bank to lift the restriction on the accounts.

Patience said this in a letter with reference number GA/Abibo/00226/2016, written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) and Co, which was addressed to the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

http://iroyinkoko.com/15m-in-my-accounts-for-medical-bills-others-says-patience/

Crime / READ How Driver Stole UNILAG Lecturer’s ATM Card And Withdrew N2.7m by 91KeepInformed: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2016
A driver, Mayowa Adenuga, has been arrested by operatives of the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly stealing his boss’ Automated Teller Machine card and withdrawing over N2.7m.

Also arrested were suspected accomplices in the crime – Adewale Opeyemi, 18, and Jeremiah Iyitoye, 29.

Our sources gathered that 25-year-old Adenuga, who is also a computer expert, was employed as a driver by a lecturer at UNILAG, Prof. Simbo Banjoko.

It was learnt that the suspect had driven Banjoko to the Bells University on the day of the incident.

While waiting for his boss on the university premises, the driver found Banjoko’s Zenith Bank ATM card in the car and hid it.

Our correspondent gathered that when the victim did not notice that his ATM card was missing, Adenuga used software to uncover the card’s PIN code.

After withdrawing N200,000 from the bank account through the ATM, he allegedly bought four iPhones, valued at N495,000; one Macbook laptop, valued at N415,000; 10 wristwatches, a Blackberry and a ring.

It was learnt that a total of N2,728,255 was withdrawn from the victim’s bank account.

The theft of the ATM card was said to have been referred to the Rapid Response Squad, which later transferred the case to the Anti-Vice Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

A source said the prime suspect, Adenuga, perfected the crime by blocking his boss’ telephone line so that he would not see the alert of transactions conducted on his account.

He said, “The suspect is the lecturer’s driver. He is also a computer expert. He hid the ATM card for three days and when he saw that the man did not look for it, he used software to get the PIN. He called Adewale (Opeyemi) and handed over the card to him for safekeeping, saying it belonged to his sister.

“When he drove his boss out again at another time, he had access to the man’s phone and deliberately entered the wrong PUK number three times which led to the blockage of the line.”

Our correspondent was told that having succeeded in blocking the line, the suspect contacted Opeyemi and linked him up with another friend, Iyitoye.

http://iroyinkoko.com/driver-steals-unilag-lecturers-atm-card-withdraws-n2-7m/

Celebrities / Sad Tale As Men Of The Underworld Rob Basketmouth And Family At Gunpoint by 91KeepInformed: 7:13am On Sep 08, 2016
According to Bovi, the father of two was robbed between the hours of 2am-4am at gun point.
He took to Instagram writing, “Basketmouth was robbed in his home in lekki phase 1 between the hours of 2am and 4am, 7th of September 2016. He and his family were held at gun point while the sad episode lasted. Nobody was hurt. Valuables were taken including the CCTV device. A report has been made at the police station. He can’t be reached at the moment but will be back on as soon as possible.
Our sources paid a visit to the comedian’s house yesterday morning and they could see neighbours sympathising with his family.

http://iroyinkoko.com/sad-tale-as-men-of-the-underworld-robs-basketmouth-at-gunpoint/

Politics / I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki by 91KeepInformed: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2016
The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has declared that he will not be a puppet to any godfather if elected governor of Edo State in the Saturday’s election.

Obaseki made the declaration during an interview monitored on Television Continental on Wednesday.

“I will not be a puppet to any godfather or godmother if I become governor of Edo State,” Obaseki said.

The APC candidate said if he needed to be a puppet to anybody, he would rather be a puppet to the good people of Edo State, whose general mandate he was seeking to become their governor.

Obaseki described Governor Adams Oshiomhole as a true democrat who, according to him, does not even like to be seen as a godfather, let alone expect someone to be his puppet.

He commended the achievements of the Adams Oshiomhole administration and promised to continue work on the good template already set by the governor so that he could move the state to greater heights.

Obaseki said he was also set to make a positive difference in governance, if elected, and promised to deliver more dividends of democracy to the people of the state.

Commenting on how his government would generate at least 200,000 jobs for youths within his first four years in office, Obaseki said he hoped to achieve this through agricultural reforms and by also creating the necessary enabling environment for investors to come and do business in Edo State.

http://iroyinkoko.com/i-wont-be-oshiomholes-puppet-obaseki/

Travel / READ HOW Napep Rider Was Crushed By Truck Driver On The Day His Wife Put To Bed by 91KeepInformed: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Tragedy struck on Wednesday at the Secretariat end of CMD Road, Ikosi Ketu, Lagos, after a tricycle rider, Christian Ugochukwu, was crushed to death by a truck.

Our sources learnt that the truck driver, John Monday, had bashed the victim’s tricycle earlier on Shangisha Road and refused to stop.

The victim was reported to have parked his tricycle and chased the truck.

He reportedly caught up with it at the Secretariat bus stop and hung to its side door.
The driver reportedly flung the door open and Ugochukwu fell.

He was subsequently crushed to death by the truck’s back tyres.

A witness, who did not identify himself, said the incident happened around 1.30pm.

He said, “Christian (Ugochukwu) plied the Shangisha route and he was in his tricycle when the passing truck bashed it.

http://iroyinkoko.com/4667-2/

Crime / Read How Smugglers Disguise Bags Of Rice As Corpses- Customs by 91KeepInformed: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Selechang Taupyen, spokesman of the Nigeria Customs Service, Seme command, on Thursday disclosed that rice smugglers have devised a method to beat security checks.

According to Taupyen, the latest tactic of smugglers is to wrap bags of rice as corpses and load them in hearses.

He said 11 bags of imported rice, wrapped as a corpse, were seized recently, with one Moses Degbogbahun arrested in connection with the incident.

“The smuggler concealed the smuggled bags of rice in a Volvo ambulance with Reg. No. DV 74 EKY and he was arrested along Aradagun toll gate area of Badagry,” he said.

http://iroyinkoko.com/smugglers-now-disguise-bags-of-rice-as-corpses/

Politics / Calabar-port Harcourt Coastal Rail Line To Be Completed In 2018 – Amaechi by 91KeepInformed: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2016
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has given an assurance that the Calabar-Port Harcourt Coastal rail line and the Lagos-Kano rail modernisation project would be completed before the end of 2018.

Mr. Amaechi said this on Wednesday in Abuja while signing the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the project with a Chinese company, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation Ltd. (CECC).

The minister said the MoU was being signed in compliance with the China Exim Bank requirement.

He added that the Ministries of Finance, Works and Housing, National Planning and Justice were all involved in efforts to drive the project to completion in record time.

http://iroyinkoko.com/calabar-port-harcourt-coastal-rail-line-to-be-completed-in-2018-amaechi/

1 Like

Crime / READ How Gunmen In Military Uniform Abducted Three Landlords In Iba by 91KeepInformed: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
There is tension in New Haven Estate, Igbelaju, in the Iba area of Lagos State, after some gunmen in military uniform abducted three landlords in the estate.

Our sources learnt that the gunmen attacked the estate on Saturday and on Monday.

Two of the landlords were reportedly abducted while going to their workplaces.

It was gathered that in the attack on Saturday, a woman, identified only as Mrs. Nwoche, was abducted from her residence and had yet to be released.

Our correspondent learnt that as residents grappled with the shock, the gunmen on Monday at about 11am, reportedly waylaid two other landlords driving out of the estate and ordered them to the creek at gunpoint.

http://iroyinkoko.com/read-gunmen-military-uniform-abduct-three-landlords-iba/

Crime / I Needed Money To Relocate From My Cursed Apartment- Ikorodu Robber Confesses by 91KeepInformed: 1:09am On Aug 31, 2016
The Anti-Robbery Squad of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, has arrested a four-man gang that had allegedly been terrorising residents of the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

Our sources learnt that the suspects – Akin Ayotunde, Isaac Ogbonna, Sola Dede and Sodiq Lawal – specialised in lurking around houses at night and switching off their victims’ generators before attacking them.

They, however, met their Waterloo last Thursday when they were arrested after invading the apartment of one Bello Hakeem in the Igbe area.

Our correspondent was told that the suspects spent six hours in the victim’s duplex and went away with his car, generator, money, phones, Automated Teller Machine cards, modems, laptops and cash.

http://iroyinkoko.com/read-how-robbers-who-spent-six-hours-in-victims-house-in-ikorodu-were-arrested/

Culture / I Love Beautiful Women And No One Can Do Anything About It- Oba Of Lagos by 91KeepInformed: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2016
Rilwan Akiolu, the Oba of Lagos, has expressed his love for beautiful women.

In a recent interview with Channels TV’s Modele Sharafa-Yusuf, the monarch also said he knows how to make and spend money.

He revealed that the desire to be king has been buring in him for 56 years and also admitted that he prayed ceaselessly for it to happen.

“I have been praying to God since 1964 to become the Oba of Lagos, on July 12 when Oba Adele died. I was playing football when I saw people carrying iced block and I helped them to carry it, I didn’t know what happened and the next day, the newspapers reported that pages were seen carrying iced block,” he said.

“Then I started praying to become king because they called me a page. I know how to work for money and spend money and I love beautiful ladies and there is nothing anyone can do about it.”

http://iroyinkoko.com/4634-2/

Crime / READ Why A’ibom Women Want To Protest Naked Against The FG by 91KeepInformed: 7:22am On Aug 30, 2016
NSIT IBOM- WOMEN of Obotim Nsit community, Nsit Ibom Local Government Area, Akwa-Ibom State have vowed to protest nude to summon the wrath of the gods against government and a gas company whose pipeline was blown up in the community by the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, July 24, for allegedly abandoning them to their fate after the destructive incident.

They claimed that the explosion caused extensive damage to all the houses in the village besides ruining their farmlands and other means of livelihood, only for the company, working for the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, which constructed the pipeline, to simply evacuate its equipment after the incident and leave.

http://iroyinkoko.com/well-protest-naked-to-summon-wrath-of-gods-against-fg-gas-company-over-oil-spillage-aibom-women/

Crime / YENAGOA: My Policeman Friend Connived With Others To Kill My Son – Father by 91KeepInformed: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2016
The father of Innocent Kokorifa, who was allegedly killed by a police team in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has demanded justice for his son.

Mr. Daniel Kokorifa, an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Rivers State Sector Command, said his son was murdered by a team led by his friend.

He spoke on Monday when some human rights activists, led by a former Secretary, Civil Liberties Organisation, Mr. Alagoa Morris, paid a condolence visit to his home in the Okaka area of Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital.

Innocent, who was first of five children, was allegedly shot dead by the police anti-kidnapping team on Air Force Road in Yenagoa on August 18, 2016.

The victim was said to be running an errand for his mother, Pere, when he was killed.

http://iroyinkoko.com/yenagoa-my-policeman-friend-connived-with-others-to-kill-my-son-father/

Crime / Robber In Ijankin, Lagos Crushed To Death While On Operation by 91KeepInformed: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2016
A suspected robber has been crushed to death by a truck at the Ojo Lowo bus stop in the Ijanikin area of Lagos State, while allegedly attacking some bus passengers.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect, whose name had yet to be ascertained, along with other hoodlums, had at about 10.30pm on Friday stood at the bus stop to waylay bus passengers.

Our correspondent gathered that while the robbery was on, a police patrol team from the Ijanikin division came to the area which made the robbers flee in different directions.

It was learnt that an oncoming truck crushed one of the hoodlums and he died on the spot.

Apart from the deceased, another hoodlum, identified as Bassey Eyo, was arrested by the police while other members of the gang fled the scene.

A police source told our correspondent that 22-year-old Eyo and his gang members were notorious in the area for traffic robbery.

He said, “It was a distress call from the affected motorists that alerted the police to the robbery operation. When the hoodlums sighted the police patrol, they fled, and one of them was knocked down by the truck. His corpse has been deposited in the Badagry General Hospital morgue for an autopsy.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident.

“Effort is on to arrest other suspects and to recover their arms,” she added.

Meanwhile, the Zone 2 Police Command has also arrested a Niger Republic national, Yakubu Adamu, and another, Issa Musa, for allegedly burgling shops in the Lagos Island area and carting away women underwear said to be worth millions of naira.

Our correspondent learnt that 48-year-old Musa, a father of five from Borno State, and his accomplice, were caught in the act on Friday at about 4pm while burgling shops at the Idumota and Balogun markets.

It was gathered the the two suspects – who allegedly belonged to a seven-man gang – were arrested by the Zonal Anti-Kidnapping Unit, Onikan, Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that 10 bags of women underwear and an unregistered Toyota Corolla, which was said to be the gang’s operational vehicle, were recovered by police operatives.

The police said they also recovered two cutlasses, two chisels and one heavy cutter from the car.

The Zone 2 Police spokesperson, SP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the suspects would be charged to court at the end of investigation.

He said, “The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of the zone, Abdulmajid Ali, has directed the Officer-In-Charge of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit to arrest other fleeing members of the gang and their receivers.

“The police are going to investigate and charge them to court. The arrest of the gang members was in response to a tip-off on the regular burglary of shops in the market.”

http://iroyinkoko.com/truck-kills-robber-while-raiding-passengers-in-lagos/

Politics / READ Why House Of Reps Leaders Believe Jibrin Needs Urgent Medical Attention by 91KeepInformed: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2016
Leaders of the House of Representatives said on Sunday that psychiatric tests should be conducted on its former Chairman, Committee on Appropriation, Mr. Abdulmumin Jibrin, to ascertain whether he was not facing health challenges.

The leaders, whom our sources learnt were taken aback by Jibrin’s latest allegations that they pocketed “illegal” N10bn as office allowances between 2003 and this year, had also said his sudden change of focus from budget-padding allegations to the allowances of members, might be proof that he needed medical attention.

Jibrin, an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Kano State, had on Friday last week, alleged that the 10 principal officers of the House had “embezzled” over N10bn allocated as “running costs” between 2003 and this year.

http://iroyinkoko.com/4617-2/

Crime / 13 Things No One Ever Told You About The Dreaded Ogboni Fraternity by 91KeepInformed: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
A lot has been said about the Ogbonis but what is fact and what is fiction? I have written this piece on the Ogbonis for your reading pleasure. Have a nice time with it.

1.Like Freemasons and the Illuminati, the Ogboni Fraternity is a secret society.

As a matter of fact, it is one of the foremost secret cults in Africa. Brotherhood is believed to be extremely important in the fraternity and members will always go to any length to protect other members even if that means going against the laid-down conventions of the society. In September 1959, Nigerian journalist, Nelson Ottah, carried out his investigation on the Ogbonis and wrote:
‘A member of the Ogboni Fraternity, for example, is always safe in an office in which a fellow member is in charge. Inefficiency won’t lose him a job. Neither will insurbodination. He is safe in every possible way, as long as the big man at the head of his department is a member of the Ogboni Fraternity too, and takes his membership more seriously than his job. He could even steal from his employers and get away with it, because the police would not be called in without the sanction of the head of his department, with whom he is in cahoots by reason of their membership of the Ogboni Fraternity’.

http://iroyinkoko.com/4613-2/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.