Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10624206 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) ... (19269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:
The way we dey diss and discard our players no be here mehn.

You mean the same Cahill that was a rock Vs Bayern and Barca in UCL, was a rock Vs Benfica in Europa League etc is being dissed like this?

What year was this sir?

And then what's todays date?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmGee: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Spy360:
Alexis vs Aguero

....your pick?
Why choose. Get both in the team, na im be d koko
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmGee: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
lordfalcao:
guy goal. Com is not a reliable source
True that. I'm looking for a new football blog. Goal . Com are getting on me nerves.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
EmmGee:

True that. I'm looking for a new football blog. Goal . Com are getting on me nerves.
i read skysports and soccerway
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
lordfalcao:
as at now barca is the only big team with players that broke directly into the first 11 from youth..

Muller Alaba wants me to tell you something

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

What year was this sir?

And then what's todays date?

As of today's date Cahill is in EPL Team of the Year
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:

Any team of the year that has Cahill ahead of Azpilicuata for last season must be discarded to the dustbin of history with alacrity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:

You mean the same Cahill that was a rock Vs Bayern and Barca in UCL, was a rock Vs Benfica in Europa League etc is being dissed like this?

Cahill is a 7/10 defender that has added bonus of goals. Make Una temper justice with mercy abeg. smiley

It get one mistake Ake make in the 4-3 victory over Watford, if Cahill does that we will magnify it all season, but in Akes case, we would gloss over it.

Well said!! Against Watford, Ake was soo error prone and the way that guy just breezed past ake to score that 3rd goal was so disappointing, I was surprised no one highlighted that after the game. Ake has the potential no doubt. But so does the loan army we have like Hector and the rest.

Ake has fetched us good money, we should all smile if our heart is already set on buying a world class defender, promoting Christensen and using zouma as an understudy, a role which he has been playing for 4 years now cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:

Sincerely, I actually think cahill has been used as a scapegoat one too many times. He has been a very very decent defender and has fully qualified as a genuine leader in the dressing room. He has a vast array of experience and has been a very integral part of all our successes in the past six years.

If more than 3000+ of his colleagues deemed him one of the best defenders last season, I can't comprehend why we would continue to debase him at every given turn.

I'm not saying he's the best but he's certainly an above average defender.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
donjazet:

Although I wouldn't mind cahill getting his azz glued to the bench.

Lest we forget.

Scapegoating. cool

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
lordfalcao:
the only reason the left wing is targeted is because Cahill is the weakest of the back three that's all it has nothing to do with the wing back.

lordfalcao:
Marcos Alonso in the premier league this season defensively... Although helping the Otu of player called Cahill he still pull this numbers in 13 games..

Important to the cause.

Sometimes it's you people forget what you watched on Telly.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:

Cahill is a 7/10 defender that has added bonus of goals. Make Una temper justice with mercy abeg. smiley

It get one mistake Ake make in the 4-3 victory over Watford, if Cahill does that we will magnify it all season, but in Akes case, we would gloss over it.
Its really funny. He was actually more important than John Racist in those European title wins

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Now selling in a New York store.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
A40:

Its really funny. He was actually more important than John Racist in those European title wins

So was Ramires to be honest. Or Mikel Obi.

Each played a very significant part in our European success.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

Lest we forget.

Scapegoating. cool

Context!!!! Nihilist!

You had to go far back to a period when we were just starting our winning streak!
To a period when we were in 7th position with hull city above us. And more so, zouma had just recovered, who wouldn't have felt frustrated then

You need to learn that overtime, one's view evolves, it as an indisputable fact that cahill has been instrumental to our successes and a leader who captained us to success this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
donjazet:

Context!!!! Nihilist!

There's nothing like context in this situation. The koko is that you looked at dude and realised that he was crap at the time.

So if there was something clearly wrong with Cahill that you could see, why do you feel he's being scapegoated now?

Has Cahill so drastically improved that you want to see him start next season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

There's nothing like context in this situation. The koko is that you looked at dude and realised that he was crap at the time.

So if there was something clearly wrong with Cahill that you could see, why do you feel he's being scapegoated now?

Well yes, not so much as him being seen as crap but rather proving his doubters wrong as to if he would succeed without John Terry by his side.

As of then, we were very apprehensive as to how cahill pairing with a perceived weaker luiz and azpi who just started the CB role would pan out. In the end, it panned out well and they all perfomed very well, thereby squashing whatever doubt or apprehension we had then.

So in short, YES, a lot happened during the course of the season which made me appreciate cahill better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
donjazet:

Well yes, note so much as him being seen as crap but rather proving his doubters wrong as to if he would succeed without John Terry by his side.

As of then, we were very apprehensive as to how cahill pairing with a perceived weaker luiz and azpi who just started the CB role would pan out. In the end, it panned out well and they all perfomed very well, thereby squashing whatever doubt or apprehension we had then.

So in short, YES, a lot happened during the course of the season which made me appreciate cahill better.

Ok noted bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
donjazet:

Well said!! Against Watford, Ake was soo error prone and the way that guy just breezed past ake to score that 3rd goal was so disappointing, I was surprised no one highlighted that after the game. Ake has the potential no doubt. But so does the loan army we have like Hector and the rest.

Ake has fetched us good money, we should all smile if our heart is already set on buying a world class defender, promoting Christensen and using zouma as an understudy, a role which he has been playing for 4 years now cheesy
Against Liverpool I can't forget how he was turned like amala for their second goal, even the first he was partly culpable.

But then Zouma should be the one to go for me. Ake and Christensen have what it takes to play the type of system Conte prefers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
airmark:

We overrated the german burnthisligdown, thinking the best lb in the league, seen using bayern munich legends to mop the ground, was ripe for epl. Once beaten, 1million times shy. Take your trojan to norton fc . Walker is my favourite. But i know spurs will prefer to sell him to ajax capetown and add buy-back clause, rather than selling to us.
Lmao. You people no kuku sabi scout player. In what planet was Baba Rahman the best LB in the league? Where Alaba, Ricardo Rodriguez dey. I laugh in Twi

Washed up Walker? Wey don lanaa. Ok

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
pamcode:
Against Liverpool I can't forget how he was turned like amala for their second goal, even the first he was partly culpable.

But then Zouma should be the one to go for me. Ake and Christensen have what it takes to play the type of system Conte prefers.

I always said that Ake didn't really have a chance in this squad. The only place I was hoping he could see a spot was at midfield because he's a bit short for CB.

20m for Ake is a pretty good deal though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

Important to the cause.

Sometimes it's you people forget what you watched on Telly.
Cahill is an important part of the team no matter how you twist it,.. He offered us a lot last season

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
lordfalcao:
Cahill is an important part of the team no matter how you twist it,.. He offered us a lot last season

Bruh what did I twist?

Abi you no see the person wey talk all those talk for there?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
pamcode:

We bought zouma for a very good sum of money (13m), it'll be a shame if after 4years of being an understudy, being much closer to the 1st eleven than most of his colleagues, he'll be sold just like that undecided it'll be a very big shame. He and Christensen should be the ones to be promoted in my opinion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HEFaya(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Man Utd managers since 1986: 1. Sir Alex Ferguson 2. David Moyes 3. Louis Van Gaal 4. José Mourinho
Arsenal managers since 1986: 1. Geroge Graham 2. Bruce Rioch 3. Arsene Wenger
Chelsea managers since 1986: 1. Bobby Campbell 2. Ian Porterfield 3. David Webb 4. Glenn Hoddle 5. Ruud Gullit 6. Gianluca Vialla 7. Ray Wilkins 8. Claudio Ranieri 9. Jose Mourinho 10. Avram Grant 11. Felipe Scholari 12. Ray Wilkins 13. Guus Hidink 14. Carlo Ancelotti 15. Andre Villas Boas 16. Roberto Di Matteo 17. Rafael Benitez 18. Jose Mourinho 19. Guus Hiddink 20. Antonio Conte
*Let's check trophy gallery* I'll be back � �
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
Griffon:
Now selling in a New York store.
i trust nike to do beta work , tired of Adidas stripes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
HEFaya:
Man Utd managers since 1986:
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. David Moyes
3. Louis Van Gaal
4. José Mourinho

Arsenal managers since 1986:
1. Geroge Graham
2. Bruce Rioch
3. Arsene Wenger

Chelsea managers since 1986:
1. Bobby Campbell
2. Ian Porterfield
3. David Webb
4. Glenn Hoddle
5. Ruud Gullit
6. Gianluca Vialla
7. Ray Wilkins
8. Claudio Ranieri
9. Jose Mourinho
10. Avram Grant
11. Felipe Scholari
12. Ray Wilkins
13. Guus Hidink
14. Carlo Ancelotti
15. Andre Villas Boas
16. Roberto Di Matteo
17. Rafael Benitez
18. Jose Mourinho
19. Guus Hiddink
20. Antonio Conte

*Let's check trophy gallery* I'll be back
� �
ray wilkins , u wan troll u no sabi work , why isnt giggs on mansnub united list?

U even repeat some managers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
raumdeuter:

Muller Alaba wants me to tell you something
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ibime:

Gbam
Man doesn't value what he have until he loses it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

I always said that Ake didn't really have a chance in this squad. The only place I was hoping he could see a spot was at midfield because he's a bit short for CB.

20m for Ake is a pretty good deal though.

I hope you are aware Ake is taller than macherano?

How is selling Ake for 20mil a good deal? I sincerely don't think so bro! Maybe it's me being overly sentimental or emotional. I sincerely think selling Nathan is totally bad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
donjazet:

We bought zouma for a very good sum of money (13m), it'll be a shame if after 4years of being an understudy, being much closer to the 1st eleven than most of his colleagues, he'll be sold just like that undecided it'll be a very big shame. He and Christensen should be the ones to be promoted in my opinion.

How is zoumas case any different from the hundreds of youth players we have scattered all over the world? grin

Even Ake sef first am enter first team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nihilist:

...and who do u suggest to take his place

(1) (2) (3) ... (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) ... (19269) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, DeadPresidents, izzou(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.