Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,593 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923980 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
sunday45: You nairalanders have been great.. You are the best.
But please when am going for interview, can i take along with me a photo album because when i played the lottery last year i usd my secondary school passpot so am somehow young and different i dont even has bears then but now i have. What did you think please?
My guy just go on your own if u never marry. U need phot album wen u talking about prooving to d co u enthentically married.
But nothing do u if u wan play safe o - which I always advise. U can play safe by going ahead wt a photo album but I bet u won't need it.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
temmytanny: And no document or link to back it up,thats why i keep having grudges with him.
Yu right temmy. I took my time to read thru the arguement between u two and I wonder if its more than helping those in need with infos to the best of your knowledge - knowing what one went thru getting to this stage.
He just can't wake up and start telling to forumites his opinions and making it sound/look authentic.
Kill arguements with facts. As a lawyer, as I understand, he should be backing up words with facts and not personal opinions.
This is just one good reason I left DV2013 earlier - dv2012 forum still my fav.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
adzovia:
this issue is simple some people in Africa this days live with men they are not married to. everyone sees it as marriage maybe because the lady got pregnant for you. i believe you should explain to the co. this people are human beings and they understand issues explain to your co and pray. remember always tell the truth that is all they want

My dear, this will lead to visa denial, no doubt. The DV instructions are simple and strict. U need documents to prove everything u are/have. They don't need u explaining ur way through.
What u saying is like someone going there to talk his way thru how he is qualified thru education without the certs to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
rood boy:

@shola, you can call ds man (mr lawan 08023284642). He's works at babs animashaun surulere lagos. The payment his 2500 but the first thing take ur mum or dady or sis or broda along the high court eighter ikeja or lagos high court be fore you will now go to NPC ok all the best.

Pls houes was is going on abt ds second bach? Abi they. Are not selecting more ppl again.

thanks bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
jack_syno:

Simply come out plain on how you got such info and no one will argue with you. You cant just come up with stufs and expect everyone will jump at it!

I have searched thru their site to find where it was stated that individuals without maths and English would be denied but can't find it either. Lawyers work with references and also with past precedents. Well, those for whom it is meant have taken note as always.

Pls rest the case. It's been over flogged. Let's move on to other issues.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Gentiger:

I have searched thru their site to find where it was stated that individuals without maths and English would be denied but can't fund it either. Well, those for whom it is meant for have taken note as always.

No credits in English Language and Maths especially when O'level is your highest level of educational achievement is a potential disqualification oh. You're just going to the interview believing those won't come up or be an issue. They denied one of my guys last two years as a result (DV 2011). No credit in English language was the reason! But if they miss noting it for the CO, you may pass through. But the flogging was on O'level combination. Anyway let it rest.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taiyeshola: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
jidex001:

thanks bro.
jidex001:

thanks bro.
Pls can I call d mr lawan too cos I wnt to get for me n my hubby too n whose name will I mention dt I got his no from.Thannks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
jack_syno:

My dear, this will lead to visa denial, no doubt. The DV instructions are simple and strict. U need documents to prove everything u are/have. They don't need u explaining ur way through.
What u saying is like someone going there to talk his way thru how he is qualified thru education without the certs to show for it.
this is not about certificate is about marriage. marriage where a woman living with you as a girlfriend is still called marriage. why then do ppl go and legalize it after the lottery
i bet he has pics of him and the lady either going to church or a function. this alone is proof that the two of them were once together. although u are right this might lead to denial but he can try.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
hello lovely people, i'm from ghana and a winner of dv 2013 as well with a case number, 16***. plz, i would like to know when the 2nd nl is likely to drop. I sent my forms on 26th may.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
REMINDER

Selection DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A VISA because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available.(God forbid)

I don't remember when I lastly got useful discussions out of this forum.Let us stop abusing this GREAT OPPORTUNITY given to us. we might not know you guys but GOD IS WATCHING YOU.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
iamxpinoza: hello lovely people, i'm from ghana and a winner of dv 2013 as well with a case number, 16***. plz, i would like to know when the 2nd nl is likely to drop. I sent my forms on 26th may.
You should be current in January. Watch out for the next visa bulletin.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
pls guys kindly help me wth the clinic address in 9ja i ll like 2 go there nxt wk if possible i ll also appreciate u include their contacts.tanxs
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
taiye-shola:

Pls can I call d mr lawan too cos I wnt to get for me n my hubby too n whose name will I mention dt I got his no from.Thannks

You can call him, I spoke to him this morning.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
seal777: He registered DV 2013 as married ( even though they were just dating back then without a formal marriage done ) but unforunately they are no longer in good terms again while he is committed to someone else but he just discovered he has been selected in the current dv lottery 2013.

His case number is current for October already, He need to submit his application forms to KCC as soon as possible but He cant get back with his Ex Girlfriend as this would affect his current relationship with his fiancee ( She is aware of the scenario as we speak ) .

PLEASE ADVICE, WHATS THE WAY OUT?.
@Seal777,though this issue looks very complicated,but the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct and for me there's always a way out of every problem,this are my candid advice for him;

1.He should call his Ex and let them have a heart-to-heart talk on this issue in the presence of his present girl,let them have a deep talk base on the issue on ground,the guy should swallow his pride to the last drop and make sure his present girl doesn't complicate issues by been jealous or aggressive.Let them use their six senses and not be emotional about the issue.There's more to gain in this(DV2013 VISA) for everybody than been unnecessarily selfish and stupid.The EX will definitely want to prove tough and headie but with pleading,humility and prayer she will succumb to the next strategy.

2. After much discussion on the issue,there should be an agreement for them to get a marriage certificate at the registry through back door and backdated just to prove marriage is done and after getting the whole thing done the "fake couples" can separate when they get to the states, and arrange for a divorce,giving reasons like irreconcilable differences(so both the guy and ex gain here)then the guy can now come back after 1 year to marry his real woman and in 3 years the real woman can join him in the states(the guy and his present girl gain here).....Desperate situations requires desperate measures,he already put himself in a tight corner and he should be ready to go any length to make sure his American dreams come through because his not even sure if his present relationship will also last to marriage so he should not dull himself..No woman can destroy my dreams,i will always find a way around them.If he loose this chance of getting his visa he should just go and wait for another ten years cos this visa lottery is become seriously difficult like a camel passing through the eyes of a needle.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
adzovia:
this issue is simple some people in Africa this days live with men they are not married to. everyone sees it as marriage maybe because the lady got pregnant for you. i believe you should explain to the co. this people are human beings and they understand issues explain to your co and pray. remember always tell the truth that is all they want

Men and women living together and bearing children does not constitute a legal marriage (at least not in naija). So, if they do check, they would expect a marriage certificate from him or a divorce certificate or a death certificate (God forbid)!

IF it were me in his shoes, i would TELL THE TRUTH! (after all, it was fibbing that led to this predicament in the first place).

IF he chooses not to do that, be careful not to appear to desperate. Desperation usually is a kill joy in situations like this.

my 2 cents on the matter.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
mannet:
@Seal777,though this issue looks very complicated,but the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct and for me there's always a way out of every problem,this are my candid advice for him;

1.He should call his Ex and let them have a heart-to-heart talk on this issue in the presence of his present girl,let them have a deep talk base on the issue on ground,the guy should swallow his pride to the last drop and make sure his present girl doesn't complicate issues by been jealous or aggressive.Let them use their six senses and not be emotional about the issue.There's more to gain in this(DV2013 VISA) for everybody than been unnecessarily selfish and stupid.The EX will definitely want to prove tough and headie but with pleading,humility and prayer she will succumb to the next strategy.

2. After much discussion on the issue,there should be an agreement for them to get a marriage certificate at the registry through back door and backdated just to prove marriage is done and after getting the whole thing done the "fake couples" can separate when they get to the states, and arrange for a divorce,giving reasons like irreconcilable differences(so both the guy and ex gain here)then the guy can now come back after 1 year to marry his real woman and in 3 years the real woman can join him in the states(the guy and his present girl gain here).....Desperate situations requires desperate measures,he already put himself in a tight corner and he should be ready to go any length to make sure his American dreams come through because his not even sure if his present relationship will also last to marriage so he should not dull himself..No woman can destroy my dreams,i will always find a way around them.If he loose this chance of getting his visa he should just go and wait for another ten years cos this visa lottery is become seriously difficult like a camel passing through the eyes of a needle.

It's morally and criminally wrong to advise people on this forum to obtain any legitimate document thru the back door. You complicate issues for the rest of us at the embassy. I can guarantee you that the world is reading these posts and making a cheap mockery of Nigerians. Going to the US is not a do or die affair. I wish we all can attach as much importance to going to heaven.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
mannet:

Look at who is quoting the bible, you call the name of God and at the same time advising people to commit fraud.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Gentiger:

It's morally and criminally wrong to advise people on this forum to obtain any legitimate document thru the back door. You complicate issues for the rest of us at the embassy. I can guarantee you that the world is reading these posts and making a cheap mockery of Nigerians. Going to the US is not a do or die affair. I wish we all can attach as much importance to going to heaven.

Thanks for this comment, very few Nigerians will reason this way
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Don Kool:

Men and women living together and bearing children does not constitute a legal marriage (at least not in naija). So, if they do check, they would expect a marriage certificate from him or a divorce certificate or a death certificate (God forbid)!

IF it were me in his shoes, i would TELL THE TRUTH! (after all, it was fibbing that led to this predicament in the first place).

IF he chooses not to do that, be careful not to appear to desperate. Desperation usually is a kill joy in situations like this.

my 2 cents on the matter.

There is hope for Nigeria
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
iamxpinoza: hello lovely people, i'm from ghana and a winner of dv 2013 as well with a case number, 16***. plz, i would like to know when the 2nd nl is likely to drop. I sent my forms on 26th may.
This might help you tell when you are going to receive your second NL. My lil bro's CN is 14*** and kcc received his forms on the 11th of May. He got is 2nd NL on the 18th of October. His interview, 1st week in December.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
Please we need interview experience done for this Year. Anybody in the house who has went for his/her interview for this year should help us share the experience so that we can all learn together...God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
pls guys kindly help me wth the clinic address in 9ja i ll like 2 go there nxt wk if possible i ll also appreciate u include their contacts.tanxs

This is the address and contacts below...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2012

I'm from ghana too. It should be january

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Easye83(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
R dy stil selecting winners 4 dv2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Oh reali? looking forward to receiving my 2nd nl. thanx. peace
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
justwise:

Look at who is quoting the bible, you call the name of God and at the same time advising people to commit fraud.
Lol.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
oga temmy, u r touching lives and i give God the glory for u. well am a dv selectee with case no 17thousand. i won the lottery wit the name JOHN ADEBIYI OLUWUNMI BUT ON MY NECO CERT AM HAVING JOHN ADEBIYI OLUWASEYI. MY GRAND MA REGISTERED ME WTH OLUWASEYI. NOW I AV ALL THESE 4NAMES WRITTEN ON MY NPC ATTESTATION AS JOHN ADEBIYI OLUWUNMI OLUWASEYI. I HOPE THIS WILL NOT POSE A THREAT ON INTERVIEW DAY. BSC IS MY HIGHEST DEGREE. I AWAIT UR REPLY IN THE HOUSE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
Gentiger:

I have searched thru their site to find where it was stated that individuals without maths and English would be denied but can't find it either. Lawyers work with references and also with past precedents. Well, those for whom it is meant have taken note as always.

Guy talk to me based on what I said and not what some else. I never made mentioned of 'maths and eng..' Get your acts right. Pls..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
adzovia:
this is not about certificate is about marriage. marriage where a woman living with you as a girlfriend is still called marriage. why then do ppl go and legalize it after the lottery
i bet he has pics of him and the lady either going to church or a function. this alone is proof that the two of them were once together. although u are right this might lead to denial but he can try.
My dear I feel u but those guys nor dey attach sentiments to things as we naijas dey attach o. Them believe in the way things should be done and what the law says. Check their civil documents to see d requirements.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
jack_syno:
Guy talk to me based on what I said and not what some else. I never made mention of maths and eng.. Get your acts right. Pls..

There's nothing to talk about. Those for whom it is meant have taken note as always. Good night Jack.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
taiye-shola:

Yes of course, you can call him anytyme....don't bother abt mention Any name, jst explain ur situation straight ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.