Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,618 members, 7,840,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924004 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ElvisNana: 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ ifeanyi, my candid opinion is that u can should com bak after receiving the green card within 6wks, to complete your course, because u av gone long way, and even if the certificate may not recognised in U S, it culd take u to a certain level. my brother did pharmacy in Ghana here n @ his final year, he went to US n came bak after receiving to complete, n he only did jux 2yrs topup course in US to get a recognise certificate. i wil b bak
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
Gentiger:

Justwise has said it all. There is no moral justification for advicing anyone on a public forum to obtain fraudulently, manipulate facts and figures or lie to cover material facts. You give Nigerians a bad International image and complicate issues for others who are honest when you do that.

Secondly, it's an anathema to quote the bible in justification of fraud. That's why you appeared hypocritical before your readers.

I disagree with you that we acted based on a holier-than-thou attitude, rather we acted to correct the damaging impression you already created about the other 166,000,000 Nigerians who may never buy into or agree with your silly and myopic views.

Thank u very much i accept that am a hyprocryte and i stand by words do ur worse and for i care go to hell.Must u insult people becos of their views and opinions on issues,like i said earlier if u know what best measures for the guy to take why not state and let's here ur view.
I will also live u and justwise to carefully search ur conscience whether u have done somtin contratry to ur bible in ur life b4 or not.
B4 the popularity of dv lottery,so many Nigerians do arrangee marriage with Americans,Britons Germans etc all to survive and scale tru difficult situations,so spare me all ur critism and face the fact on ground.but u can kip rantin if u wish. Tank u.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
saddy101:

This is the address and contacts below...
i cant get d medical address u said is below,pls i ll appreciate if u can resend cos i need 2 do my medical nxt wk.tanx in anticipation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
Happy Eid to my muslim brothers and sisters and a happy Public holiday to all Nigerians here..

@ Jidedon, here's d addresses of both hospitals in Lagos:

Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055

and...

The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos
Telephone: 01-893-0723, 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845

I hope to do mine next week as well...

@ Temmy, Gentinger, Adesoji and any other person who has knowledge about how this age declaration affidavit for NPC works, I have a problem.. I've been told that to get d NPC age attestation, that I need to swear an affidavit... Now I just found out from someone that I CANNOT swear an age declaration affidavit by myself (because I wasn't there when I was born) but that I need to get my dad, or mom or elder relative to swear it on my behalf... Now here's the problem- I just got into Lag few days ago and there's no family of mine I can call on here... Is there any way around this bottle neck or do I just pay the 8k to d NPC guy (who asked me pay and he'd take care of everything) to sort this all out for me?
Any help would b deeply appreciated
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ibracadabra: Happy Eid to my muslim brothers and sisters and a happy Public holiday to all Nigerians here..

@ Jidedon, here's d addresses of both hospitals in Lagos:

Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055

and...

The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos
Telephone: 01-893-0723, 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845

I hope to do mine next week as well...

@ Temmy, Gentinger, Adesoji and any other person who has knowledge about how this age declaration affidavit for NPC works, I have a problem.. I've been told that to get d NPC age attestation, that I need to swear an affidavit... Now I just found out from someone that I CANNOT swear an age declaration affidavit by myself (because I wasn't there when I was born) but that I need to get my dad, or mom or elder relative to swear it on my behalf... Now here's the problem- I just got into Lag few days ago and there's no family of mine I can call on here... Is there any way around this bottle neck or do I just pay the 8k to d NPC guy (who asked me pay and he'd take care of everything) to sort this all out for me?
Any help would b deeply appreciated
U have 2 options,go to court and they wil do it 4 u while u pay extra charges or give that NPC guy the whole job to do and save urself the stress,so u can concentrate ur energy on other things.Goodluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
temmytanny: Since you have the names in your NPC cert,i doubt if there would ever be any issue my brother.Relax and baba God go handle the rest. All the best bro

TANK YOU MR TEMMY. SIR CAN U TELL ME THE KIND OF DISEASE DAT WILL PREVENT ONE FROM QUALIFYING FOR THE DV VISA. ALSO WITH THIRD CLASS CAN ONE GAIN ADMISSION INTO ANY UNIVERSITY IN US FOR MASTERS PROGRAMM OR WHERE WILL I START FROM
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
abosedekolawole:

TANK YOU MR TEMMY. SIR CAN U TELL ME THE KIND OF DISEASE DAT WILL PREVENT ONE FROM QUALIFYING FOR THE DV VISA. ALSO WITH THIRD CLASS CAN ONE GAIN ADMISSION INTO ANY UNIVERSITY IN US FOR MASTERS PROGRAMM OR WHERE WILL I START FROM
I dont know if any disease can disqualify since HIV patients have now been allowed and given VISA.Even with second class upper,you transcript will be evaluated first before you know if you are going for masters or will do some courses first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
Elvis Nana: @ ifeanyi, my candid opinion is that u can should com bak after receiving the green card within 6wks, to complete your course, because u av gone long way, and even if the certificate may not recognised in U S, it culd take u to a certain level. my brother did pharmacy in Ghana here n @ his final year, he went to US n came bak after receiving to complete, n he only did jux 2yrs topup course in US to get a recognise certificate. i wil b bak
Thank u so much Elvis! God bless u!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hello Guys,

I just want to first of say thanks to the Lord almighty. Our visa came through the mail today. It was a registered mail so I had to got the post office and show an identification to pick it up. I opened it there and then and behold our passports with our six months DV visa in there with the accompanying yellow envelopes. It has a notice on top of mine that says I should not open it and to hand it over at the POE. I am so so happy that i cant even feel what just happened.

Quick thanks to all especially the following:

@Kemzone2003 - You shared with me some insightful comments backed by solid facts
@Yusmash00
@Don Kool

I wish all who are up for their interviews the very best of luck in Jesus' Name

Kemzone2003:

It is often the case when an applicant for a visa is told that a final decision cannot be made on his visa application immediately. In doing so, the consular officer invokes Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and informs the applicant that the case will be put on hold until the applicant’s eligibility for the visa can be determined. This processing “time-out” is taken frequently: approximately one million visa applications were subjected to 221(g) during 2010. Technically, 221(g) is considered a denial; in subsequent visa applications and registration in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, this must be disclosed. Nevertheless, the overwhelming majority of 221(g) denials are overcome and visas issued.

There are, in essence, two types of 221(g) cases:

1.Washington-related “administrative processing”, in which a clearance or approval is required from an interested agency or agencies in Washington, D.C.
2.Post-related, in which the consular officer requires additional time, information, or documentation before making a final visa decision.

A.Clearances from Washington are required when the applicant presents issues of security, criminality, legal questions, technology exports from the US, other admissibility problems, or is from a country of concern. The question of a security “hit” can arise in a variety of situations, such as potential terrorists, individuals who previously worked as military or other attachés in the US for an unfriendly country, even if that work took place decades before, or even individuals who spent time in certain countries (e.g., Iran). To resolve these issues, a Security Advisory Opinion is needed. Often the “hits” arise because the applicant has a common name: other individuals with the same name are blacklisted, causing cases of mistaken identity or prolonged delays. Suspected criminal activity or ties (e.g., Russian mafia) can also lead to prolonged processing to allow for an investigation. In addition, consular officers refer some legal issues, such as certain material misrepresentations made in a visa application, to Washington for a legal advisory opinion. The application will be held in abeyance until receiving guidance from the Visa Office Advisory Opinion section.

A widely applicable phenomenon has been administrative processing for applicants, usually scientists, researchers, and businessmen, who may be exposed to technologies in the United States which fall under the Technology Alert List. The US does not want sensitive technologies to fall into the wrong hands. In such cases, the applicant is requested to provide an English-language resume, list of publications, and description of the proposed work to be done in the US, which is forwarded to Washington. Individuals who hail from certain countries, such as Iran, Syria, Sudan, must be cleared by Washington. Quite often, these clearances are a formality and simply a question of time to run through the interagency gamut. However, for certain types of clearances, the visa validity period may be limited.

B.Post-related issues can also be broad in scope. They may include investigations or verifications in the home country of the applicant or requests for information or documentation relating to the qualifications of the applicant for a visa. A consular officer may seek to investigate or verify issues such as:

•the legitimacy of a marriage (e.g., send an investigator to the home of the couple applying for a visa);
•employment of an applicant (e.g., calling an applicant’s company to verify that he does work there);
•tax filings or information (e.g., confirming with the tax inspectorate the tax number of an entrepreneur);
•pension fund payments; authenticity of an education document (e.g., sending an inquiry to the Ministry of Education or a school or university to confirm that such a diploma was issued);
•intentions or existence of a sponsor (e.g., calling the United States to speak to the signatory of an affidavit of support);
•or authenticity of a statutory document, such as a marriage, birth, or divorce certificate.

Additional document requests may include:
•a police certificate from a country in which the applicant lived after the age of 16;
•certified copies of court dispositions (arrests, convictions); confirmation of the date of a past departure from the US (e.g. visa overstay);
•employer tax documentation; additional affidavit of support (e.g., consular officer does not believe that the submitted affidavit of support suffices);
•job offer (e.g., a Lottery winner); financial documents (e.g., if the applicant will undergo medical treatment in the U.S.);
•and additional information about the job to be performed in the United States or the employer.

Sometimes, the initiation or outcome of these investigations can be erroneous. For example, a consular officer may mistakenly believe that an applicant has a background in a technology that is on the Technology Alert List; a consular investigator may visit the wrong office address; a secretary who picks up the phone at the applicant’s place of employment may tell the consular caller that no such person works there when in fact the applicant does work there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ibracadabra. thank u vry much for d medical address i really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
ksjlar: Hello Guys,

I just want to first of say thanks to the Lord almighty. Our visa came through the mail today. It was a registered mail so I had to got the post office and show an identification to pick it up. I opened it there and then and behold our passports with our six months DV visa in there with the accompanying yellow envelopes. It has a notice on top of mine that says I should not open it and to hand it over at the POE. I am so so happy that i cant even feel what just happened.

@Kemzone2003 - You shared with me some insightful comments backed by solid facts
@Yusmash00
@Don Kool

congrats klsjar. Go live d american dream bro!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ksjlar. Congratulations for d interview success, pls try to share ur interview experience wth us in ds forum in other 2 learn one or two things. Thank u in anticipation
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
ksjlar: Hello Guys,

@Yusmash00
@Don Kool

are u in NIGERIA?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ibracadabra.on d issue of NPC,i actualy did my affidavid @ ikj high court myself b4 geting my Attestation @ NPC cos i was nt aware my parent suppose to do that,wish u all d best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well it is just unfortunate because I shared my interview experience comprehensively on page one fifty something and no one even cared to acknowledge it with the exception of 3 people. You can go back to those pages or better still click on my name and you will see all my posts.
We have all spent our time lately on things which was not the reason why this thread was set up either by flaming the fire or cooling down tempers of those who are on fire.
What more can I say

jidedon2000@yah:
@ksjlar. Congratulations for d interview success, pls try to share ur interview experience wth us in ds forum in other 2 learn one or two things. Thank u in anticipation

temmytanny: are u in NIGERIA?

No I am not in Nigeria, I am Ghanaian but I live in Europe.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ temmy. i guess ksjlar cant be a Nigerian cos he said he got his visa through a mail and here in 9ja u do d pick up urself.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
I wish you the very best as you plan ahead sir

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@ temmy. i guess ksjlar cant be a Nigerian cos he said he got his visa through a mail and here in 9ja u do d pick up urself.
He just said it now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hello house pls i need ur advice on ds issue,my wife is d principal applicant and she has all her original cert but d only problem is dt her school refuse to give her transcript since 2009 dt she graduated though her school gave her notification of her result dt she took for NYSC.and we re going for interview 1st wk in Dec. can she use her notification of result for d interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dridowu: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
sunday45: nairalanders, please if i send my 1NL today, when can my 2NL comes up? 0010****(10 thousand) And please is it necessary to take along with me my neco certificate in asmush i have scratch card with me?
sunday45: help me oooo am 20 but the age on the form they chosed for me is 27 what am going to do?
sunday45: please pals! i need some likely questions to be asked during interview at the embassy. and what am i going to take along to the embassy................
sunday45: Pls, everybody in d house. First of all, i appreciates all ur effort dumping accurate info here and i knw dat u will find solution to mine also. My friend is one of the 2012 dvlot winner bt he couldnt speak english, dont av waec result and we resemble each other. What can i do?
i rarely post but i read what you all post, but for
Mr Sunday45, i GUESS u are about to do some impersonation because some of your post looks false to me and i GUESS if d whole house can check is previous post frm DV2012 & DV2013 thread
https://www.nairaland.com/sunday45/posts
or if am wrong i tender my UNRESERVED APOLOGY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
ksjlar: Well it is just unfortunate because I shared my interview experience comprehensively on page one fifty something and no one even cared to acknowledge it with the exception of 3 people. You can go back to those pages or better still click on my name and you will see all my posts.
We have all spent our time lately on things which was not the reason why this thread was set up either by flaming the fire or cooling down tempers of those who are on fire.
What more can I say

No I am not in Nigeria, I am Ghanaian but I live in Europe.

Congrats man. God bless you as u go to the us
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
abosedekolawole:

Depending on what you want to do, most graduate programs require admission test like GMAT( business school), PCAT( pharmacy school ), MCAT ( med school ) GRE ( social science programs ) You can even get scholarship if you have a very high test score.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@ibracadabra.on d issue of NPC,i actualy did my affidavid @ ikj high court myself b4 geting my Attestation @ NPC cos i was nt aware my parent suppose to do that,wish u all d best.

Can u help with bus directions from Ojota to d High Court and to NPC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 12:53am On Oct 27, 2012
owobabaisabella:

@lconzo00, Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a statement from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Criminal Records Office. Applicants will find further guidance and application forms here, www.acpo.police.uk

Consular officers who received "No Live Trace" results for an applicant should contact London's Fraud Prevention Manager for further information. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 enables some criminal convictions to become 'spent', or ignored, after a set length of time from the date of conviction. After this period, with certain exceptions, an ex-offender is not normally obliged to mention their conviction when applying for a job or obtaining insurance, or when involved in criminal or civil proceedings. The "No Live Trace" indicates that information may be available relating to a 'spent' conviction. "No Trace" indicates a clean police record.

Applicants are legally entitled to gain access to the information about themselves under Section 7 of the British Data Protection Act, 1998.rt

I think this will help,better still pls mail me @ olamurphyola@gmail.com. Am also in london.

Thanks a lot brother.
If need be i'll surely be in touch.
God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 2:43am On Oct 27, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Can u help with bus directions from Ojota to d High Court and to NPC?
I know a bro that can help you with the Affidavit if u dont mind. From Ojota just take a bus going to Ikeja, when you get to Ikeja ask from people that you are going to Ikeja High Court or you can call mi to take you there cuz i work in Ikeja. For the office of the NPC, i heard it is located at Surulere.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:44am On Oct 27, 2012
temmytanny: I dont know if any disease can disqualify since HIV patients have now been allowed and given VISA.Even with second class upper,you transcript will be evaluated first before you know if you are going for masters or will do some courses first.

Yes, one may not be able to futher process dv visa based on medical reasons, there are number of diseases that may make a prospect a public charge if diagonised by the designated hospital.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 4:46am On Oct 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Yes, one may not be able to futher process dv visa based on medical reasons, there are number of diseases that may make a prospect a public charge if diagonised by the designated hospital.

mr adesoji can u pls list some of these diseases that can disqualify a dv selectee.can someone who has hepatitis B be disqualify
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:12am On Oct 27, 2012
abosedekolawole:

mr adesoji can u pls list some of these diseases that can disqualify a dv selectee.can someone who has hepatitis B be disqualify

Bro,I am not medical practisioner but a medical exam report is required for admission as a lawful permanent resident. This is performed by a government-approved doctor. The results can lead to a denial of your green card if you are determined to have a communicable disease dangerous to the public, you fail to provide documentation of having had the required vaccinations and refuse to or cannot have them done before your green card can be approved, you are a drug abuser or addict, or you have a physical or mental disorder that is a threat to yourself or others.

I heard of two cases when I got here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:40am On Oct 27, 2012
babbs45: Depending on what you want to do, most graduate programs require admission test like GMAT( business school), PCAT( pharmacy school ), MCAT ( med school ) GRE ( social science programs ) You can even get scholarship if you have a very high test score.

What exam will I need to write as a Barrister in furtherance of my career objectives in the US? Can you tell me babbs45?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:47am On Oct 27, 2012
temmytanny: I dont know if any disease can disqualify since HIV patients have now been allowed and given VISA.Even with second class upper,you transcript will be evaluated first before you know if you are going for masters or will do some courses first.

Some disease can disqualify an applicant. They include the following:

Tuberculosis & Symphilis. HIV has been struck off the list. If I gave the response given above, by now I would have been accused of misleading others. Anyway, we're all still learning.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 6:22am On Oct 27, 2012
Gentiger:

What exam will I need to write as a Barrister in furtherance of my career objectives in the US? Can you tell me babbs45?
Law school admission test ( LSAT ) will get you into any law school. It takes three years to complete for a full time student. Part time might take you between five to six years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.