Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,865 members, 7,862,859 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927053 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:06am On Oct 27, 2012
ksjlar: Hello Guys,

I just want to first of say thanks to the Lord almighty. Our visa came through the mail today. It was a registered mail so I had to got the post office and show an identification to pick it up. I opened it there and then and behold our passports with our six months DV visa in there with the accompanying yellow envelopes. It has a notice on top of mine that says I should not open it and to hand it over at the POE. I am so so happy that i cant even feel what just happened.

Quick thanks to all especially the following:

@Kemzone2003 - You shared with me some insightful comments backed by solid facts
@Yusmash00
@Don Kool

I wish all who are up for their interviews the very best of luck in Jesus' Name

Congratulation bro.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by xtonosa: 9:07am On Oct 27, 2012
Hi guys,plz, I want to find out if anyone has been selected in this october as kc has promised. I've been checking my status since october 22 and my page still remains like my entry has not been selected and come october, kc will select more entries. This is the info I've been getting since may. Plz people, is kc not selecting as they have promised ni
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:38am On Oct 27, 2012
babbs45: Law school admission test ( LSAT ) will get you into any law school. It takes three years to complete for a full time student. Part time might take you between five to six years.

Thanks Babbs45. This is most helpful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
mannet:
Thank u very much i accept that am a hyprocryte and i stand by words do ur worse and for i care go to hell.Must u insult people becos of their views and opinions on issues,like i said earlier if u know what best measures for the guy to take why not state and let's here ur view.
I will also live u and justwise to carefully search ur conscience whether u have done somtin contratry to ur bible in ur life b4 or not.
B4 the popularity of dv lottery,so many Nigerians do arrangee marriage with Americans,Britons Germans etc all to survive and scale tru difficult situations,so spare me all ur critism and face the fact on ground.but u can kip rantin if u wish. Tank u.

Mannet we do know that "arrangee, Ori-olori,Oluwole" pre-exist and some do follow the part, but this is doing more damage to the image of this country, there are huge numbers of Nigerian in jail as a result of this crime.It is not encouraging and we should not encourage folks to do that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
Gentiger:

Some disease can disqualify an applicant. They include the following:

Tuberculosis & Symphilis. HIV has been struck off the list. If I gave the response given above, by now I would have been accused of misleading others. Anyway, we're all still learning.

Abijaaaaaaaa !Abijaaaaaaa!! abijaaaaaaaaa!!! Aje lo ngbe o o,O ba fowo bonu ko jebure,ija o dola, sugbon oruko lo nso ni.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ksjlar finally... congrat's bro!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
Tiwanna: @ksjlar finally... congrat's bro!!!

Yeah, congrats to him.The Ghana man with recent birth cert that spoke small local language with the CO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
Please now,all my padi from nigeria with case no within the range of 8500 T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ 10000,has anyone receive his or her 2NL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
Tiwanna: @ksjlar finally... congrat's bro!!!

Thanks a lot miss T appreciate it!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
Charlie, not be small. wink But I passed the test . . . thanks to God who will also make ya'll sail thru successfully as well.

ferdiii:

Yeah, congrats to him.The Ghana man with recent birth cert that spoke small local language with the CO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
Gentiger:

Some disease can disqualify an applicant. They include the following:

Tuberculosis & Symphilis. HIV has been struck off the list. If I gave the response given above, by now I would have been accused of misleading others. Anyway, we're all still learning.

NO NO NO, If any disease is discovered within your system, You are Immediately put under treatment, so as to make sure before you go in for interview you are already finished with your treatment. This is also the advantage of doing your Medical as soon as you receive the 2NL. Treatment always follows administration of vaccines if need be.

I was told this by one of the allocated health centers in cameroon

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by xtonosa: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
xtonosa: Hi guys,plz, I want to find out if anyone has been selected in this october as kc has promised. I've been checking my status since october 22 and my page still remains like my entry has not been selected and come october, kc will select more entries. This is the info I've been getting since may. Plz people, is kc not selecting as they have promised ni
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ibracadabra. frm ikeja tk a bus going to ojuelegba @ ojuelegba tk a bus going to ogunsanya bode thomas drop at d last bus stop or u tel d bus conductor u re going 2 NYSC SECRETARIAT frm there u ll gt NPC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
temmytanny: I dont know if any disease can disqualify since HIV patients have now been allowed and given VISA.Even with second class upper,you transcript will be evaluated first before you know if you are going for masters or will do some courses first.
disease of public health significance include;1.tuberculosis:a serious microbacterial infection of the lungs that is spread throug coughing and sneezing. About 30% of d world population is said to have tb. 2.syphilis: a sexually transmitted bacterial disease that can cause rashes, neurological and heart problems. 3. Chancroid: sexually transmitted bacterial that causes painful sores. 4. Gonorrhea: sexually transmitted disease characterised by a painful discharge in affected area. 5. Granuloma inguinale: a sexually transmitted bacterial disease rampant in less developed nation. 6. Lymphogranuloma venereum: a sexually transmitted disease that involves an infection of d lymph node. 7. Hansen disease[leprosy]: a chronic bacterial disease that is xterisd by skin lesions and nerve problems that can affect the appendages and eyes. QUARANTINABLE DISEASES DESIGNATED BY A PRESIDENTIAL EXECUTIVE ORDER: cholera, diphtera, plague, small pox , yellow fever and SARS. I hope this helps.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@ibracadabra. frm ikeja tk a bus going to ojuelegba @ ojuelegba tk a bus going to ogunsanya bode thomas drop at d last bus stop or u tel d bus conductor u re going 2 NYSC SECRETARIAT frm there u ll gt NPC.

Thank u... God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2012

I just want to first of say thanks to the Lord almighty. Our visa came through the mail today. It was a registered mail so I had to got the post office and show an identification to pick it up. I opened it there and then and behold our passports with our six months DV visa in there with the accompanying yellow envelopes. It has a notice on top of mine that says I should not open it and to hand it over at the POE. I am so so happy that i cant even feel what just happened.

Quick thanks to all especially the following:

@Kemzone2003 - You shared with me some insightful comments backed by solid facts
@Yusmash00
@Don Kool

I wish all who are up for their interviews the very best of luck in Jesus' Name

Congratulations ksjlar.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
yembe2013:

NO NO NO, If any disease is discovered within your system, You are Immediately put under treatment, so as to make sure before you go in for interview you are already finished with your treatment. This is also the advantage of doing your Medical as soon as you receive the 2NL. Treatment always follows administration of vaccines if need be.

I was told this by one of the allocated health centers in cameroon

Johnny just come.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations ksjlar.

Thank you big man, I appreciate it. smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2012

Congrats ksjlar!
All the best ahead.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 7:50am On Oct 28, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Hello house pls i need ur advice on ds issue,my wife is d principal applicant and she has all her original cert but d only problem is dt her school refuse to give her transcript since 2009 dt she graduated though her school gave her notification of her result dt she took for NYSC.and we re going for interview 1st wk in Dec. can she use her notification of result for d interview?

Yes she can.
Her notification of result plus NYSC certificate should suffice.
It would be NICE or BETTER to have her certificate but with those two she'll be fine.

Just curious, which school would refuse to give transcript since 2009 Or perhaps you meant certificate?
Transcript collection shouldn't take more than 3 weeks at first issuance and then a day or two for subsequent requests as the info on it does not change (just the send to address changes).
If i wanted my transcript today, i'ld get it by Tuesday afternoon latest even without physically showing up in my alma mater!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2012
Don Kool:

Yes she can.
It would be NICE or BETTER to have her certificate but with those two she'll be fine.

Just curious, which school would refuse to give transcript since 2009 Or perhaps you meant certificate?
Transcript collection shouldn't take more than 3 weeks at first issuance and then a day or two for subsequent requests as the info on it does not change (just the send to address changes).
If i wanted my transcript today, i'ld get it by Tuesday afternoon latest even without physically showing up in my alma mater!!

[b]It will shock you that i have similar problem as my efforts to get my transcript from my alma mata has been like a camel passing through the eye of the needle while i graduate in 2001, got my notification and thereafter got my certificate. I am at a fixed now cos of the DV lottery selection as getting my transcript will help me in getting some exceptions for further studies.

Its unbelievable to think that getting transcript after over a decade in a Nigerian university will be a problem in the computer age. I lost 2 chances to study abroad as a result of this intentionally act of wickedness and you are treated with disdain by staff in exams and records with each of them passing the bulk. Mentioning the name of my school will rob on the ego of so many people on this forum and all around the world but since i seem not to be getting the desired result till date If in the nest few weeks i don't get it, I HAVE DECIDED TO PLAY IT DIRTY AND POSSIBLY SMEAR THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL IN THE PROCESS.[/b].

To those that are wondering, its a federal university in the south west of all places.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 10:57am On Oct 28, 2012
Gentiger:

Johnny just come.

Jacob just left
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2012
seal777: .

[b]It will shock you that i have similar problem as my efforts to get my transcript from my alma mata has been like a camel passing through the eye of the needle while i graduate in 2001, got my notification and thereafter got my certificate. I am at a fixed now cos of the DV lottery selection as getting my transcript will help me in getting some exceptions for further studies.

Its unbelievable to think that getting transcript after over a decade in a Nigerian university will be a problem in the computer age. I lost 2 chances to study abroad as a result of this intentionally act of wickedness and you are treated with disdain by staff in exams and records with each of them passing the bulk. Mentioning the name of my school will rob on the ego of so many people on this forum and all around the world but since i seem not to be getting the desired result till date If in the nest few weeks i don't get it, I HAVE DECIDED TO PLAY IT DIRTY AND POSSIBLY SMEAR THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL IN THE PROCESS.[/b].

To those that are wondering, its a federal university in the south west of all places.
i was also worried like this before my interview only to get there and realise that my high school certificate was enough for me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2012
Don Kool:

Yes she can.

For undergraduate student, Are they to go with their transcripts or will letter of admissions/evidence of sch fees be ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
jidex001:

For undergraduate student, Are they to go with their transcripts or will letter of admissions/evidence of sch fees be ok.
do you have your senior high school certificate? if you have take that along and take your transcript from the university incase you are asked but i doubt it. i was not asked
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
@all,those having issues in getting their transcripts or certificates from their UNIs or POLYs shouldnt worry since they have their WAEC or NECO.The minimum requirement is SSCE and if you have that,you are good to go.But please go with documents to show you went to UNI. MAke sure other documents you feel will help you or brighten your chances too must be taken but get a separate envelop for that so that the required once will be neatly arranged with their photcopies(2each)in another envelop.Wish you all the very best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oojomo: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hello guys, apy sunday to you allm
I have a question regarding flight ticket, do infants below 1 year pay for flight ticket? If yes, is it gonna be the exact amount adults pay?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
oojomo: Hello guys, apy sunday to you allm
I have a question regarding flight ticket, do infants below 1 year pay for flight ticket? If yes, is it gonna be the exact amount adults pay?

They pay but very low amount. It the airline system that will calculate that for you. U cant get exact amount except u make d reservation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
adzovia:
do you have your senior high school certificate? if you have take that along and take your transcript from the university incase you are asked but i doubt it. i was not asked
I have high school cert. But just asking if I can lay my hands on transcript. Will letter of admission and school fees receipt be ok as a undergraduate student. To be on safe side.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
oojomo: Hello guys, apy sunday to you allm
most airlines charge between 10-15% of what they charged adult but you will carry the baby on your laps.if you want to get seat for the baby its more expensive
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
jidex001:
I have high school cert. But just asking if I can lay my hands on transcript. Will letter of admission and school fees receipt be ok as a undergraduate student. To be on safe side.
yes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oojomo: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Thanks guys!! Realy preciate ur assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.