Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,545 members, 7,840,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923960 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
temmytanny: yes
Thanks temmy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
jidex001:
I have high school cert. But just asking if I can lay my hands on transcript. Will letter of admission and school fees receipt be ok as a undergraduate student. To be on safe side.
yes. if they need anything else they will tell u. but apart from that u are good to go. just relax
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
adzovia:
yes. if they need anything else they will tell u. but apart from that u are good to go. just relax

Thanks Adzovia, hope u are preparing to jet out from 9ja.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by anelka73: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
hello guys, i won dv2013 and waiting 4 my interview date. can my wife who is a derivative apply 4 2014 just in case .
secondly has someone been disqualified after winning due to the picture issues
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
jidex001:

Thanks Adzovia, hope u are preparing to jet out from 9ja.
I am not in 9ja but yes i am getting ready
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
anelka73: hello guys, i won dv2013 and waiting 4 my interview date. can my wife who is a derivative apply 4 2014 just in case .
secondly has someone been disqualified after winning due to the picture issues
yes your wife can still apply but what exactly do you mean by picture issue. u cant be disqualified because of picture. but u can be disqualified if your wife is not the one in the picture used for the application this might raise issues of fraud or impersonation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
Has any 1 wit case nub btw 8500-10000 in 9ja got d 2NL?Am jus curious, doz within diz range might end up having their interview in jan. Plus i av a concern,my int'l passport will xpire in june '13,failure to av my interview diz year will definately not make ♍ƺ meet d minimum 6 months int'l passport validity. Am a bit confused as i cannot extend d validity of my int'l passport until it xpires. Pls forumites wats ur opinion on diz?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
ienny: Has any 1 wit case nub btw 8500-10000 in 9ja got d 2NL?Am jus curious, doz within diz range might end up having their interview in jan. Plus i av a concern,my int'l passport will xpire in june '13,failure to av my interview diz year will definately not make ♍ƺ meet d minimum 6 months int'l passport validity. Am a bit confused as i cannot extend d validity of my int'l passport until it xpires. Pls forumites wats ur opinion on diz?

Interview In January? Hmmmmm! Certainly not a good idea. I believe 2nd NL will arrive this week and interview to take place in December.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
Gentiger:

Interview In January? Hmmmmm! Certainly not a good idea. I believe 2nd NL will arrive this week and interview to take place in December.
am also having A̷̷̴̐͠ case no of 97**,but yet T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ receive my 2NL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by godcherisher: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
ienny: Has any 1 wit case nub btw 8500-10000 in 9ja got d 2NL?Am jus curious, doz within diz range might end up having their interview in jan. Plus i av a concern,my int'l passport will xpire in june '13,failure to av my interview diz year will definately not make ♍ƺ meet d minimum 6 months int'l passport validity. Am a bit confused as i cannot extend d validity of my int'l passport until it xpires. Pls forumites wats ur opinion on diz?

The minimum requirement for immigrant visa at the time of interview is 8 months. The six (6) months limit only applies to non immigrant visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
godcherisher:

The minimum requirement for immigrant visa at the time of interview is 8 months. The six (6) months limit only applies to non immigrant visa.
So wat do u advise i do
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
get a new passport,dats my advice bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by godcherisher: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
ienny: So wat do u advise i do

Temmy said it all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
temmytanny: get a new passport,dats my advice bro
Hmmm,really do not know how to go about diz. I av d Epassport,any attempt to wanna get a new one will definately be questioned. Xcept i claim i lost it or come up wit watever story dats not true anyway.Am kinda worried now even tho i tot b4 now dat i wud xplain to d co if he/she raises an eyebrow on it. Meanwhile i fink is bera to play safe. Pls kindly giv me options on wat to do exactly as am current in december. Thanks in advance
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hi guys, my question is directed to adzovia and any oda ghanaian that has gone for the interview. Did you use an e-passport? I hav d old passport which will expire in 2014 but sm1 was arguing wiv me that I'd need an e-passport. I'd jus like to confirm please
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hello house,

Please a quick one, does the lagos US consulate open on 31st of October,which is hallowean day?
Or does anyone have a list of holidays that the lagos Embassy respects.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeydee: Hi guys, my question is directed to adzovia and any oda ghanaian that has gone for the interview. Did you use an e-passport? I hav d old passport which will expire in 2014 but sm1 was arguing wiv me that I'd need an e-passport. I'd jus like to confirm please

I actually used my old type passport and there was nothing wrong with that. It was perfectly accepted without any qualms. I did not interview in Ghana but I do not think that was a reason they accepted it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
ksjlar:

I actually used my old type passport and there was nothing wrong with that. It was perfectly accepted without any qualms. I did not interview in Ghana but I do not think that was a reason they accepted it.

Thanks for d info. Much appreciated
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
ienny: So wat do u advise i do
My advise is for you to renew your passport. Becos your passport should not expire 9 months before you get into the U.S.Anyway u have the following options

1. Renew if it is an e-passport. And staple the old one to the renewed one. Or get a new one if the old one is not an e-passport.

2.You can get your Visa on ur exisiting passport then get it transferred to an the renewed one.that will cost extra.

That is as far as I know.maybe someone else can shed more light.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2012

Well I had my spouse get a new passport becuase the old was also due to expire june 2013. There was no problem at all with the new one. We went to the interview also with the old one just in case they asked but they did not ask anything about why a new passpor. In any case if they ask why you made a new one, you could simply tell them about the 6 month rule.

By the way I am not from niaja.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
nigga_guy: Hello house,

Please a quick one, does the lagos US consulate open on 31st of October,which is hallowean day?
Or does anyone have a list of holidays that the lagos Embassy respects.

It seems I have answered my question.http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/holiday.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
nigga_guy:
It seems I have answered my question.http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/holiday.html
Halloween is not a holiday cause the activity is in the night and it is mostly celebrated by children
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeydee: Hi guys, my question is directed to adzovia and any oda ghanaian that has gone for the interview. Did you use an e-passport? I hav d old passport which will expire in 2014 but sm1 was arguing wiv me that I'd need an e-passport. I'd jus like to confirm please
My mom used the old passport for her immigrant visa in march of this year. So you should be good but try and get the new birth cert. because she had the old type and they asked her to get the new one.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
ienny: Hmmm,really do not know how to go about diz. I av d Epassport,any attempt to wanna get a new one will definately be questioned. Xcept i claim i lost it or come up wit watever story dats not true anyway.Am kinda worried now even tho i tot b4 now dat i wud xplain to d co if he/she raises an eyebrow on it. Meanwhile i fink is bera to play safe. Pls kindly giv me options on wat to do exactly as am current in december. Thanks in advance

No need for stories. Just ask for a new passport and tell them that you need it to get a visa that requires a passport validity of more the six months.
There will be no issues. they'll give you anew one and stamp the old one "cancelled without prejudice".
However, be advised that you can only re-new/replace the ePassport in Abuja (For those of us in naija).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
Pls house, how the arrangement of documents going to be before getting to the embassy?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
nigga_guy:
My advise is for you to renew your passport. Becos your passport should not expire 9 months before you get into the U.S.Anyway u have the following options

1. Renew if it is an e-passport. And staple the old one to the renewed one. Or get a new one if the old one is not an e-passport.

2.You can get your Visa on ur exisiting passport then get it transferred to an the renewed one.that will cost extra.

That is as far as I know.maybe someone else can shed more light.

1.ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAPLE THE ePASSPORT!!! YOU COULD RUIN IT!! IF YOU HAVE EVER GOTTEN ONE, THAT'S AMONGST THE FIRST THINGS THEY WILL WARN YOU AGAINST.
If you need to attach it to an older passport, use rubber bands to hold the covers together.
2. The instructions regarding the minimum validity of your passport to bring to the embassy are quite explicit. i'ld rather comply and visit the embassy once than be sent back to go get a new passport.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2012
foworola: Hi everyone or rather ladies coming soon to the USA.

There are a couple of positions open to ladies to live in and help with child minding. the money is not bad if you are still waiting for your social security or job and it takes care of accommodation for you while you are at it.

drop me an email with your details if interested. this is only open to ladies and its in the new jersey/new york area.

ok,extend it to Boston too madam.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 4:56am On Oct 29, 2012
babbs45: My mom used the old passport for her immigrant visa in march of this year. So you should be good but try and get the new birth cert. because she had the old type and they asked her to get the new one.

Thanks I hav the new birth cert. God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 5:01am On Oct 29, 2012
foworola: Hi everyone or rather ladies coming soon to the USA.

There are a couple of positions open to ladies to live in and help with child minding. the money is not bad if you are still waiting for your social security or job and it takes care of accommodation for you while you are at it.

drop me an email with your details if interested. this is only open to ladies and its in the new jersey/new york area.

Thanks. We need more people like you. Wats ur email for those interested? God bless you

STILL WAITING FOR EMAIL ADDRESS OOOOO
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 6:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Hello ,for those that have done their interview. did you guy photocopy your medical report before you got into the embassy or u did the photocopy inside the embassy or r we to even photocopy it at all?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2012
nigga_guy: Hello ,for those that have done their interview. did you guy photocopy your medical report before you got into the embassy or u did the photocopy inside the embassy or r we to even photocopy it at all?
NO. DONT EVEN OPEN THE MEDICAL REPORT. it would be opened at the embassy. so no need to photocopy something you are not allowed to see

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.