Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924041 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger: It's Geeeentiiiigeeeeer!!! I had a chit-chat with the CO today and it turned out beautifully well. Like I did say, it was a gentlemanly conversation and everything turned out pretty well. I'll squeeze out all the juicy details later, but for now, let me contain the overwhelming joy with prayers of thanksgiving to the FATHER!!! Catch you later guys!!!!
Congratulation Barrister Michael.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by doctorp76(m): 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
IF THE SIGNATURE ON THE FORM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE INT'L PASSPORT HOPE NO PROBLEM
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger: It's Geeeentiiiigeeeeer!!! I had a chit-chat with the CO today and it turned out beautifully well. Like I did say, it was a gentlemanly conversation and everything turned out pretty well. I'll squeeze out all the juicy details later, but for now, let me contain the overwhelming joy with prayers of thanksgiving to the FATHER!!! Catch you later guys!!!!

CONGRATS DEAR. YOU ARE BLESSED!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats,am vry happy 4 u ,welcome to d club,welcome to AMERICA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
I TRUST YOU. DID YOU HAMMERED THAT LADY AT WINDOW 16 ?. CONGRAT BARRISTER!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
femsoj: It was just a 2mins interview and all what the black angel asked me was where I did my NYSC, I told her that I served in Nigerian breweries plc. Her respond was " WHAO, that is a nice place to serve, how were you posted to that company?" I told her that I did my IT with them and that it was one of my boss back then when I was doing my IT that assisted me to serve there. She also asked me the reason why I was not retain in NB plc and I told her that I worked with them for extra 5months after my NYSC but A̷̷̴̐͠ memo later came out that they should stop retaining corpers. That was all. She congratulated me and gave me the white envelope of where to collect my visa. @ Seye,congrat bro, because the white lady at window 16 really denied many people today. @ everyone, prayer is the key,the lord we serve is A̷̷̴̐͠ living God. I love u all
hahahahaha. U were nt interviewed brother. U just went and chatted wit the CO. That's how favour works. In a way u never xpect. May God be praised, gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
hahahhahaha. Just lik we've all prayed. We can't wait for the details. Com and giv us d details maza-maza.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
congrat 2 u gentiger,femsoj nd seyesugar,am hapy n i feel releived.3 visas in a day,dis is a miracle GOD is on our side in dis forum,am hapy 2 b a memba cos surely i wil share my succeesful interview experience in dis forum IJN(amen)n evrybdy too.GLORY!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
I appreciate everybody in this forum if not for the information i got frm u guys i woulnt be able to face this white woman at window 16 My interview xperience goes thus co do u promise to say nthin but d truth me : yes i promise co: wat is ur highest education me : bsc co: wen did u finish ur secondary skool me: 2005 co: do u have any prove me: i gave her my waec result from my secondary skool nd GCE was wit ha bfor nd she compared the two co: how cum u passed very wel in ur GCE wat preparation did u made me: i went to lessons and always go to library to read co: wat is the name of ur lessons nd the name of your teachers at the lesson me: told ha co: wat is ur best subject me: i told ha co: wat was the format of ur commerce waec exam me: obj nd theory co: wat are the question ask from obj and theory me: told ha co: you had A1 in government tel me abt government me: told ha co: where do u work tel me abt your work duties on daily basis me: told ha lessons derive say something when questions are ask from even though u dont knw anything form an answer for yourself even the co's dnt knw most of the answers to the questions they ask above all prayer is the master key @femsoj i tink i saw u dere congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
honeydee:

VERY GOOD ADVICE JUNKERHILL. God bless you!
bless u too my brother/sister
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2013

Congratulations Barrister. I'm so happy for you. Welcome to Texas.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
seyesugar: I appreciate everybody in this forum if not for the information i got frm u guys i woulnt be able to face this white woman at window 16 My interview xperience goes thus co do u promise to say nthin but d truth me : yes i promise co: wat is ur highest education me : bsc co: wen did u finish ur secondary skool me: 2005 co: do u have any prove me: i gave her my waec result from my secondary skool nd GCE was wit ha bfor nd she compared the two co: how cum u passed very wel in ur GCE wat preparation did u made me: i went to lessons and always go to library to read co: wat is the name of ur lessons nd the name of your teachers at the lesson me: told ha co: wat is ur best subject me: i told ha co: wat was the format of ur commerce waec exam me: obj nd theory co: wat are the question ask from obj and theory me: told ha co: you had A1 in government tel me abt government me: told ha co: where do u work tel me abt your work duties on daily basis me: told ha lessons derive say something when questions are ask from even though u dont knw anything form an answer for yourself even the co's dnt knw most of the answers to the questions they ask above all prayer is the master key @femsoj i tink i saw u dere congrats
happy for u too my brother. Another lesson learnt frm ur xperience. Never knew she asks the names of teachers too. This woman, there is no strategy she will never use. All the same, God pass am. I'm happy for u bro.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
junkerhill: happy for u too my brother. Another lesson learnt frm ur xperience. Never knew she asks the names of teachers too. This woman, there is no strategy she will never use. All the same, God pass am. I'm happy for u bro.
tanks to u but am a sister not a bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congratulations to all dat had a sucesfl interview 2dy, soo hapi 4 u guys..Go and excel in USA

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
gunners4u: @idoo4luv, wen ar u leaving d country
next month.. And pls I need info on jobs and how much they pay per hour in Chicago..... Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
femsoj: My good people in the house, I had my interview dis morning and it was very successful, infact, it was the shortest and the simplest interview I have seen. I'll Gist ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ on how it went when I get home
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
congrats to u all who visa hs granted...CO 16...we knw her by nw...still waitn for d nxt bulletin...peace to ya all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
seyesugar: Praise d lord wit me house jst had a succesful interview i was interview by the white lady at window 16 she denied so many pple bfor me but my God prove him selves as the beginin nd d ending
congratulations to u..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
congratulations bro....pls anybody going to Chicago ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
You must have made her wet the pants with little urine ooh blimey!! excuse my manners but that was what she was looking for. No wonder she started lecturing you so that she couldnt look silly. I second you about English language its a pity that some people cant express themselves well and yet they have degrees.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I see u Man...congrats once again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the info about the white CO. It's really wonderful that the good Lord answered your prayers and approve your visa divinely. Congratulations once again and welcome to Texas.
I'm sure Temmytanny will be waiting to welcome you warmly.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Seye and Gentiger, congrat to both of you. May our blessings be permanent in Jesus name. @ all in this forum, I really appreciate your advice, prayers and support. May the Lord almighty perfect all that concerns us. Thanks once again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
@gentiger iron man & sharp guy, u too much jor, am h.a.p.p.y 4 u congrats! my dear brother grin

@ femsoj and seyesugar congratulation dears.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2013

. Congrat my bro may d Lord make it d beginning of good things in ur life
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Seyesugar.Congrats my dear sister,wish u all d best as u transit to God's own country.Welcome to AMERICA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2013

congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pls house, my visa expires by early June. Is travelling by end of April a bad idea.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by packaging(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Idi Amin: Pls house, my visa expires by early June. Is travelling by end of April a bad idea.
nt a bad idea @ all bt can ya medical sustain u til den befr xpiration...?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger the brave warrior, seyesugar, femsoj, congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrat bros gentiger, we go see @ texas

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.