Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,683 members, 7,862,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926957 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
honeydee:

VERY GOOD ADVICE JUNKERHILL. God bless you!
bless u too my brother/sister
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats Tiger!
Nice one mate . . . even tho you did not congratulate me on my success, I do not see the need to reciprocate that but hey man, you deserve it so congrats on a job well executed and welcome to USA.
Thanks be to the almighty father who deserves all the glory.

Best,
ksjlar.

Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2013

Congratulations Mike!!! Just discovering we share similar name. Thank u so much for exposing some secrets to us. To God be the Glory!!! Let me use this opportunity to advice members of this forum to be careful on how u answer the white CO at windows 16; although u must try to display confidence, I however do not agree with those who say you should just give a confident answer to a question even if u don't know it. If u think d CO doesn't know the answer then read this short fiction: Co: what's d name of ur Mathematics teacher in secondary sch? Me: Mr. Jide; then after like 20 minutes of asking different other questions, she asks again: what's the name of your maths teacher in secondary sch? Me: not remembering d 1st ans, I say Mr Abdul. CO: because you lied, I deny u a visa. Concluding lesson: it's always better to tell the truth. Say the ones you know, but you can politely tell the CO that it's been quite some time, so I don't remember my Primary sch teacher's name in Maths. Thank u all!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2013

congratulation my broda .....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by prommy12(f): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gentle tiger, u truly deserve dis... Congratulations

Seye and femsoj, congratulations.... Dis forum rocks!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congratulation 2 u Gentiger and other succesful candidates who had their interview 2day,May God almigthy who answers urs prayers,answer ours in Jesus name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2013

meen gentttiiiiger am so happy for you,congratz bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pls my dad played d visa lottery 4 family and was among the winners and we have been called for interview on 18th march! Pls anyone with useful information can help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
demiladeola: Pls my dad played d visa lottery 4 family and was among the winners and we have been called for interview on 18th march! Pls anyone with useful information can help.
Just read from page 1 to date and u're good to go
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Gentiger, u ar nw a celeb on this forum. Everybdy is shoutn ur name, givin u many sweet names and congratulating u. Its a good thing. They are simply showing their gratitude cos u hav helped us a lot on this forum to solve som of the of our problems. You showed us that one can really hav a brother from another mother and another land. U did what many friends could not. You spent your tym, energy and money to sEe that ppl are giving the ryt counsel on how to go about their issue. You showed us how to carry other people's burden and also how to be our brother's keeper. If many Nigerians were lik you this country would hav been a great nation. Nobdy will be striving to get out of this country. But nevertheless, God knows the best. I believe it shall be well some day.
Congrats bro. May u be treated as u hav treated us. May you be helped as u hav helped others, may ur burden be carried by someone as u carried other people's burden. May your love for the progress and prosperity of others give u a heavenly open door that can never be closed by anybody.
Daalu nwa nne m nwoke. Ihe I mere di m mma. Ka Onye bi n'eligwe za ekpere gi niile. Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Gentiger, u ar nw a celeb on this forum. Everybdy is shoutn ur name, givin u many sweet names and congratulating u. Its a good thing. They are simply showing their gratitude cos u hav helped us a lot on this forum to solve som of the of our problems. You showed us that one can really hav a brother from another mother and another land. U did what many friends could not. You spent your tym, energy and money to sEe that ppl are giving the ryt counsel on how to go about their issue. You showed us how to carry other people's burden and also how to be our brother's keeper. If many Nigerians were lik you this country would hav been a great nation. Nobdy will be striving to get out of this country. But nevertheless, God knows the best. I believe it shall be well some day.
Congrats bro. May u be treated as u hav treated us. May you be helped as u hav helped others, may ur burden be carried by someone as u carried other people's burden. May your love for the progress and prosperity of others give u a heavenly open door that can never be closed by anybody.
Daalu nwa nne m nwoke. Ihe I mere di m mma. Ka Onye bi n'eligwe za ekpere gi niile. Amen!!!

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by godcherisher: 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats and welcome to America. May GOD open his favours to you there.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
My brother Gentiger and two other guys that had their interview today, I and my family is congratulate you for your success story and I pray that may the Lord almighty give us that is awaiting our 2NL favour during our interview and those who have received their notification letter will have successful interview in Jesus name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
Spoondar:
You must have made her wet the pants with little urine ooh blimey!! excuse my manners but that was what she was looking for. No wonder she started lecturing you so that she couldnt look silly. I second you about English language its a pity that some people cant express themselves well and yet they have degrees.

Thanks dear. You've been a wonderful inspiration around here. May you find what you seek IJN!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
idoo4love: I see u Man...congrats once again

Thanks my dear brother. I do appreciate you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
Leripa:

Thank you so much for the info about the white CO. It's really wonderful that the good Lord answered your prayers and approve your visa divinely. Congratulations once again and welcome to Texas.
I'm sure Temmytanny will be waiting to welcome you warmly.

Thanks Leripa. I do crave to meet everyone of us here. Someday, somehow, we'll meet.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
femsoj: @Seye and Gentiger, congrat to both of you. May our blessings be permanent in Jesus name. @ all in this forum, I really appreciate your advice, prayers and support. May the Lord almighty perfect all that concerns us. Thanks once again

Thanks Femsoj and amen to your prayers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Tiwanna: @gentiger iron man & sharp guy, u too much jor, am h.a.p.p.y 4 u congrats! my dear brother grin

@ femsoj and seyesugar congratulation dears.

Tiwana dearie!! Thanks a million. I do appreciate you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
jbmohd: . Congrat my bro may d Lord make it d beginning of good things in ur life

Ameeeen! Thanks my brother. May your joy be full.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
ebykings:

congratulations!

Thanks dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
peters ife: Gentiger the brave warrior, seyesugar, femsoj, congratulations

Thanks my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
gunners4u: Congrat bros gentiger, we go see @ texas

Yesooooo! Texas is my destination but my elder brother wants me in LA. Ultimately, LA will be my final abode after a temporary stay in Texas to pick up my green card since I used a Texas address.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
adzovia:
congratulations

Thanks Adzovia!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
ksjlar: Congrats Tiger!
Nice one mate . . . even tho you did not congratulate me on my success, I do not see the need to reciprocate that but hey man, you deserve it so congrats on a job well executed and welcome to USA.
Thanks be to the almighty father who deserves all the glory.

Best,
ksjlar.

I'm so sorry dear if that was the case. It must have been an oversight and not intentional. I try to congratulate every winner to tap into their blessings.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
femsoj: My good people in the house, I had my interview dis morning and it was very successful, infact, it was the shortest and the simplest interview I have seen. I'll Gist ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ on how it went when I get home
Wow am seriously happy 4 u!!! Go on an live ur america dream......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Congratulations Mike!!! Just discovering we share similar name. Thank u so much for exposing some secrets to us. To God be the Glory!!! Let me use this opportunity to advice members of this forum to be careful on how u answer the white CO at windows 16; although u must try to display confidence, I however do not agree with those who say you should just give a confident answer to a question even if u don't know it. If u think d CO doesn't know the answer then read this short fiction: Co: what's d name of ur Mathematics teacher in secondary sch? Me: Mr. Jide; then after like 20 minutes of asking different other questions, she asks again: what's the name of your maths teacher in secondary sch? Me: not remembering d 1st ans, I say Mr Abdul. CO: because you lied, I deny u a visa. Concluding lesson: it's always better to tell the truth. Say the ones you know, but you can politely tell the CO that it's been quite some time, so I don't remember my Primary sch teacher's name in Maths. Thank u all!

Thanks my brother. I didn't know we share similar names. I am Michael!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
jaspa400: congratulation my broda .....

You are so welcome dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
prommy12: Gentle tiger, u truly deserve dis... Congratulations

Seye and femsoj, congratulations.... Dis forum rocks!

Thanks my dear sister.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
junkerhill: happy for u too my brother. Another lesson learnt frm ur xperience. Never knew she asks the names of teachers too. This woman, there is no strategy she will never use. All the same, God pass am. I'm happy for u bro.
Yes she asked such questions from me too and i told her many untrue things in response to such question since she can't verify it. I've said it before and i'll say it again, they don't know most of d answers u give or let me say the window 16 CO is not really looking of 100% correct answers but how bold and confident u're are in attending to her questions. SO PLS IF ANYONE FIND HIM/HERSELF IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW 16 CO, JUST MAKE SURE U TALK AND SAY EVERY THING WITH CONFIDENCE AND BOLDNESS EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT 100% CORRECT. Congratulations to Gentiger, Seyesugar and Femsoj. Ur testimonies shall be permanent by God's grace. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Trezeget: Congratulation 2 u Gentiger and other succesful candidates who had their interview 2day,May God almigthy who answers urs prayers,answer ours in Jesus name

Trezeget, I eagerly await your testimony. Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.