Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,999 members, 7,866,781 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (927536 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Congratulations Mike!!! Just discovering we share similar name. Thank u so much for exposing some secrets to us. To God be the Glory!!! Let me use this opportunity to advice members of this forum to be careful on how u answer the white CO at windows 16; although u must try to display confidence, I however do not agree with those who say you should just give a confident answer to a question even if u don't know it. If u think d CO doesn't know the answer then read this short fiction: Co: what's d name of ur Mathematics teacher in secondary sch? Me: Mr. Jide; then after like 20 minutes of asking different other questions, she asks again: what's the name of your maths teacher in secondary sch? Me: not remembering d 1st ans, I say Mr Abdul. CO: because you lied, I deny u a visa. Concluding lesson: it's always better to tell the truth. Say the ones you know, but you can politely tell the CO that it's been quite some time, so I don't remember my Primary sch teacher's name in Maths. Thank u all!
INSIGHTFUL! tnx man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 1:17am On Jan 19, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
Congrat... Greet your NL friend (temmy) at TX. Your idea/contribution is needed here always.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:51am On Jan 19, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.

Congratulations Mike(AKA Gentiger)! you are welcome to AMERICA,now I fit yab you well well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:52am On Jan 19, 2013
Congratulations SEYESUGAR!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 2:08am On Jan 19, 2013

. U are an hero man.congratulations. I wil lecture dis lady on mass commnication and d media. She shld be ready for my class. Bless u man. Can u pls recommend someone for me for dis harmonisation of name we discussed weeks back. My lovely gen tiger

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 2:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Gentiger, god made u went thro the co at window 16 just for us to be able to face this co n to put an end to visa denial. Am reAdy to face any co frM any planet. Am the gen lion of the house. The race is nt for the swift. Thank u for dis secret n for gen tiger. We luv u lord. Gen lion signin off

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2013
nero xp: The gentle but rugged Tiger,chai!! So finaly u don pass over 2 de oda side awaitin 4 us 2 come meet u there.may ur day be longer nd succez shal locate u,Congratulations.@ Femsoj nd Seye,both of u re already winners nd succez.Go nd live ur American dream joor.So na dis kind testimonies i bin de miss here since mornin? Abeg na my documents i bin de gather since oo.

You are coming over too. You and everyone here. This is what I and others want to ensure. I learnt so much from yesterday interviews as I watch different CO ask their questions. I suddenly realized the silly reasons why people loose their visas. Starting from today I'll reveal as much as I have observed to help each and everyone face the interview successfully.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:38am On Jan 19, 2013
look4all: congratulation gentiger am happy for you my brother

Thanks dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:39am On Jan 19, 2013
monsieursam64: congrats to d one and only barrister in d house.

Lol! It will surprise you to know there are others who may be lying low.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:40am On Jan 19, 2013
Bussyme: Congrat... Greet your NL friend (temmy) at TX. Your idea/contribution is needed here always.

Thanks Bussyme. I look forward to seeing Temmy and others heading to Texas and LA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:41am On Jan 19, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations Mike(AKA Gentiger)! you are welcome to AMERICA,now I fit yab you well well.

My big brother, I dey humble o. You guys are the bomb. I appreciate you sir.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:46am On Jan 19, 2013
abosedekolawole: . U are an hero man.congratulations. I wil lecture dis lady on mass commnication and d media. She shld be ready for my class. Bless u man. Can u pls recommend someone for me for dis harmonisation of name we discussed weeks back. My lovely gen tiger

I am so happy everyone's confidence level is rising. All you need do is to go to the High Court, tell them what you want to do (Confirmation of name). They will adjust their template to suite your peculiar situation. When done at the High Court, proceed to the publishing house. I used Guardian newspaper.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 2:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks dear.

Congratulations to u bro...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:47am On Jan 19, 2013
owobabaisabella:

Congratulations to u bro...

Thanks my dear brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:50am On Jan 19, 2013
Congrats to Gentiger, Femsoj and Seyesugar.
May the new chapter of favor and success come with your new visa in Jesus name. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 3:03am On Jan 19, 2013

Congrats. Stay blessed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:04am On Jan 19, 2013
loconzo00: Congrats to Gentiger, Femsoj and Seyesugar.
May the new chapter of favor and success come with your new visa in Jesus name. Amen

Amen my brother. God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 3:07am On Jan 19, 2013
Leripa:

Thank you so much for the info about the white CO. It's really wonderful that the good Lord answered your prayers and approve your visa divinely. Congratulations once again and welcome to Texas.
I'm sure Temmytanny will be waiting to welcome you warmly.

Temmytanny will be at the airport to usher Gentiger into the US of A ....LOL.!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 5:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Gentiger:

You are coming over too. You and everyone here. This is what I and others want to ensure. I learnt so much from yesterday interviews as I watch different CO ask their questions. I suddenly realized the silly reasons why people loose their visas. Starting from today I'll reveal as much as I have observed to help each and everyone face the interview successfully.
Gentiger we wil surely join u in U.S for sure nd tanx 4 wishin us well.Pls we cnt wait 2 hear ur observations nd directions on hw to face nd hav our interview success.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 5:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Gudmornin hous,hpe we all had a beautiful nite.I jst swore an affidavit of fact in a High-court regardin 2 an omission of 1 letter word frm my surname in my school testimonial.is there any oda tin i can do 2 support de affidavit? Pls ur response is kindly needed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2013
@ last u all made it,
@ Gentiger,femsoj,seyesugar......congratulations to u all................may the Lord perfect his plans for ur lives and may he prosper ur ways in u.s.a
Anytin u guyz lay ur handz on shall continue to prosper......Jah blezz u all......Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 7:24am On Jan 19, 2013

Congratulation and go and leave the american dreams

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 7:25am On Jan 19, 2013

Congratulation and go and leave the american dreams [color=#000099][/color]

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 8:02am On Jan 19, 2013
ladiesman2013: [color=#000099][/color]
Guys lets shout haleluya to his name. I had my interview dis morning, its interesting because dis forum has been soo much of help to me ive read thru peoples interview and prepared enough for dis but i was surprised after payin my visa fee to d cashier and waited for about 40mins i was called to window 6 where a white gentle man interviewed me but u wouldnt believe dis he didnt ask me any question, all he said was come dis date for ur visa and i answered thank u.

i ve learnt sumtin today guys if u knw u meet d requirement jst prove it with d needed documents don't go with soo many documents because it sumtimes pop soo many question.Thanx to God n every1
Congratulation! God's anointing is in dat interview room. I recieve dat same grace as my date approacheq in Jesus name, amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2013
@ Gentiger,femsoj,seyesugar...........a big congratulationz to u all........may the Lord perfect ur trip tu u.s.a..............may he prosper ur ways..........everytin u continue to lay ur handz on shall prosper......am glad u guyz made it..........Jah blezz u all .......Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:32am On Jan 19, 2013
Psalm 100.GOD bless you as you read and act.thank GOD for yesterday cos it was a great 4 us in dis forum,3 visas in a day.na miracle oooo.congrat 2 gentiger,femsoj and seyesuger,GOD will surely do our own and we wil al testify IJN(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2013
congrats bros Taatus! What a sweet and 9z interview encounter u had. D Lord God dat did urs wil do mine IJN, amen. Am so HAPPY 4 those gotten & i thank God 4 we, yet 2 get our visas in Jesus mighty name, amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2013
garvins: Dear applicant this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa today. Your case requires additional administrative processing. We will notify you by e-mail or phone as soon as the administrative processing is complete. Pls do not return until we have contacted you. if you have not heard from us within 60 days of your original interview date, pls send an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov and request an update. Temmytanny ,Gentiger and House.................... I never Reach house since i left embassy for V.I ooooooooooooooo ..... i dey fear Gidi gan for Papa and Mama wey call P.T.A MEETING BECAUSE OF ME . Any Hope for me............ I went there with Neco with knw certificate bt testimonial, scratch card and statement of result and other relevant Documents.
[b][/b]Temmytanny ,Gentiger and House.................... I never Reach house since i left embassy for V.I ooooooooooooooo ..... i dey fear Gidi gan for Papa and Mama wey call P.T.A MEETING BECAUSE OF ME . Any Hope for me..
Fear not, cos there is always hope. BE PRAYERFUL, DECLARE U RE A VICTOR IN CHRIST JESUS & SOW SEEDS OF FAITH. U shal get dat visa IJN. God is good all d time. ALL things work 4 good 4 they dat LOV God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2013
Imcool: OUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE(Window 16): CO- Gd mrn. I & WIFEY- Gd mrn. Finger prints done & wife was ask to sit while i was interviewed. CO QUESTIONS- 1. Whatz ur highest educational qualification? HND IN MECH ENGINEERING. 2. What're ur final year courses? 3. What is thermodymanics? 4. How is thermodynamics related to an automobile engine? 5. Explain ur schedule of duty @ work. 6. What questions where u asked in mathematics during ur WAEC? 7. What is Algebra? 8. What do u know about trigonometry in math? 9. When & where did u meet ur wife? 10. Where was she staying @ dat time? 11. Do u av ur wedding pix here? 12. Who and who are these in ur welding album? 13. Who owns d jeep u used during ur wedding? AT THIS POINT, Wife was called & i was asked to sit. CO asked most of the personal questions asked from me from my wife too and also added this- tell me about ur final year project. I WAS CALLED AT THIS POINT & as she wasn't convinced, she asked us to sit and we were called @ window 8(a door leading to an inner private window when we met another CO) after about 1hr. WIFE WAS ASKED to go out and so many questions to test the authenticity of my marriage were asked- even question lyk wen we first had sex and wen we had sex last were asked too, this lasted for another 30mins and WIFE WAS CALLED IN to be questioned again while i went out, she however missed one question here. WE THEN WENT OUT AGAIN and sat for some minutes wen we were called @ window 16 again and our visas were finally approved. GOT INTO D INTERVIEW HALL AROUND 8AM AND LEFT AROUND 1PM. The secret of our interview was 1. Prayers and divine favour 2. Wen @ window 16, it's advisable to talk in technical jargons cuz by dis, d lady gets tired of asking more questions. 3. Thorough study and revision of ur past educational courses and subject as regards to sec sch. 4. I got to realise dat d CO(S) are not mr or mrs know all, all they're looking out for is how confident and bold u're, i could remember i gave some wrong answers but she couldn't decode cuz i spoke more in technical terms. The window 16 CO denyed like 4ppl while i was there, d black angel wasn't around 2day instead a young white american guy was in window 13 and another white lady was in 15- they were both nice. But as for window 16, she was so tough wit each interview section btw 40mins to 1hr. THANKS TO EVERYONE IN D HOUSE, MY SUCCESS STORY WOULDN'T AV BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT UR CONTRIBUTIONS. I WISH EVERYONE D BEST OF LUCK AND I PRAY FOR MORE SUCCESS STORIES BY GOD'S GRACE, AMEN.
Congratulations! Dat was tof but sucesful. God was & still in yur side
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2013
rood boy:

Yes. Hey are right my broder...cuz the medical expire 4 only 6month and u must use it 2 enter (USA) b4 the expiry date....even here n Nigerian we also do it two or one week b4 the intview ok...all the best my broder.

Alright if thats the reason, I just felt there could be a reason beyond that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 11:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Congrat gentiger and seye,my wife was so that when I told her that u had a sucessful interview with CO16,we key to ur sucess,we belive in him cos is our alpha and omega he surely finishe he started in our life........Mr temmy and Mr soji,love u guys................waiting for next visa bulleting 141++..................faith work wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2013

. Good morning! Got some pesonal things to ask you in preparation for my upcoming interview. Please check your email box and respond. thanks!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.