Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923396 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2013
Opoki: @house, a fellow among those that went for the interview @ Lagos shared her experience with me as below.

CO: Good morning
Immigrant: Good morning
Co: Are you....?
Immigrant; Yes i am.
Co: what is your highest qualification.
Immigrant: OLevel.
Co: What year:
immigrant: 2006.
Your bes subject: Biology.
Yor bioligy teacher: corper seun SS1, Mr. Balogun SS2-3.
Co: What us biology
Immigrant: defined!
CO; Mention 3 topics
Immigrant: Osmosis, diffusion and reproduction.
CO: What is Osmosis?
Immi: Defined
Co: What is diffussion?
Immi: defined!
Co: give a practical explanation of both.
Immi: example given.
Your occupation: Hotel receptionist.
Your description: bla bla bla blah

The CO left and came back after some minute and started all over, the lady did not shift her ground and even at a time she told d CO to move closer to d mike.
Co: did u have WAEC result?
Immi: No
Co: Why
Immi: pareent died at around d time in an accident and psycologically unfit for the exam and has absent on the result so.
Alas, she was denied based on occupation labor section 205(a)5(A).

But the Lady (CO) said bring ur waec and collect ur visa.
She was intervied at window 16.

What can be done to overturn ds rude decision?
She has already mailed KCCDV and LagosVI. Any hope?
opoki,i dnt understand wat u trying to say,are u saying dat dis lady does not sit for waec,if so which certificate did she go to embassy with.or she has only neco,pls i dont understand
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2013
Hov63: Tnx to everyone for ya congrats n nice wishes. I'm really grateful. But da CO fat interviewed me was a lady and only asked some few questions. Co: wats ur current occupation. Me: student CO: any I.d Me: gave her my sch I.d CO : are u married,any kids, ever travelled to da USA . Me: no for all. Co: pick up ur visa this day and I wept and left da room. The Lord has indeed been soo good with me and all tnx to HIM. We all shall rejoice in Jesus name!!!
congratulations,may GOD lead your way and HEwill surely do our own in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2013
Adufesco: Thanks my brother, i will not say a word here again! I think u are the one going 2 Atlanta, In dat case u will be my witness 2 all dis, hope 2 see u dere, thanks 4 ur advice, cheers!
yea see u in Atlanta,am going to mountain stone Atlanta what abt u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 11:24am On Jan 25, 2013
Hello House, i Finished SSS in 1995 and my results were not perfect. Thereafter, in 1999 and 2001, i was able to complete my results in 2 sittings. Do I have to go the Embassy with my SSS results and present it or use the GCE in 1999 and 2001 where I had good combinations. And this is my highest education for now that I claimed in the filling of my forms. Though, i am currently in the university, also work in Finance depatments for more than 3 yrs.Can I tell them that am still in the university since it wasn't filled initially or defend my initial claims. Your urgent response would be highly appriciated!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seye4God: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2013
Our interview experience!!!

Praise God!!! Rejoice with my family. The LORD has done a wondrous thing once again.

It was on Wednesday, 23rd January 2013. We got to the Embassy some minutes passed 8am.

We waited under the tree rented a seat for my wife at the rate of N150. My younger brother was with us. I was told we would need Four Passports Photograph each. The requirement we met already. At exactly 5minutes to 10am, we were told to come in for our interview. We queued to verify our entry with other diversity visa lottery winners.

After our confirmation, we were ushered to the screening security machine where we put off our shoes, belts, wrist watch, etc.
In fact, we went with many luggages as if we were travelling to America that very day. I noticed we were the only applicant that came with many luggages. My wife named was called for submission of documents and instructed to pay for the VISA Fees at other cubicle. I paid for 5 people - my wife, three daughters and self (almost N280,000 non refundable).

Our documents were sorted and collated. Our submitted forms to Kentucky had been thoroughly and carefully reviewed by officers of the embassy and recommendation had been made. Just to submit your original and photocopied documents for verification and cross examination. Reviewing of one’s submitted form before the interview makes the task easier for the Consular Officer who will then use his/her discretion to check if truly one deserves the visa. Mind you, the internal officers would have suggested to the Consular Officer those errors and mistakes noted in conformable with the DV instruction as stated therein – click to read for your perusal and necessary action. (http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions_ENGL.pdf).
Most of the applicants do not often read this instruction before applying. Most believe so much on “I heard and they said”. It is better we go through the DV instruction ourselves without falling victims.

At exactly 12noon, my wife number: (B-347) was called. We went to window 16 (a place where most Nigerians pray not to go). I see nothing difficult in that lady. She speaks clear and simple. Successful Applicants do not need to entertain any fear. Keep your receipt very well ooooooooooo. I could not find where I kept the receipt. Meanwhile, it was inside the envelope where I kept the balance of N280,000 (I later saw it when we got home). The lady said we should not bother to search we should just come for the interview. After we promise to say the truth by raising our right hands; she then requested to take our finger prints – both left and right.

Thereafter, our interview went thus:
CO: What was the date of birth of the twins?
My wife: nnnnnnnnnn
CO: Where is your first child?
My wife/I: She was disturbing other applicants where they sat and I went to carry her
CO: Okay. She is the one.
CO: In your original entry you said you have only one child; but after you won you included the twins; that means they were born couple of months before entry for the DIVERSITY VISA.
My wife: YES
CO: According to the policies and law of the DV section so and so….. you application has been disqualified. Madam, I am very sorry. There is nothing I could do at this juncture. I did not make the law. I am very sorry.
My wife: I travelled when my husband played the lottery. The twins where delivered at home….nanana and nanananana
CO: Madam, I said I am sorry. I have many clients to attend to. Please leave now!
My wife/I: FATHER! We thank you for this successful interview. We just want to thank you despite being denied. You are our GOD and we would continue to serve you more in respecting of what must have happened.
We saw, conquered devil and overcame all our enemies who thought we may be sick or died as a result of rejection. Our GOD is a strong tower. He is our shield since we put our trust in Him.

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Put your trust in GOD!!!
• Pray and fast
• Be yourself and speak confidently (God made my wife to speak confidently despite being denied)
• Read the instruction thoroughly
• Visit https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415 to follow detailed experience from Nigerians
• Be organized
• If you are successful, help people around you

OBSERVATIONS:
• Applicants should not be made to pay before interview. It is supposed to be after the interview since the fees is not refundable.
• I am sure many will be granted and still the number of people that would be denied will be more than those that will be granted. Multiply that money of denials with the charging fees.
• Many families sold there belongings, properties, etc and even borrowed to pay for the visa fees.
• If you are part of the denials, please don’t kill yourself. God knows the best. The Christ in US is far better that the crisis in the world.
• Keep serving and worshiping God. We have known God more!!!
• But still my wife and I were extremely glad after the rigorous interview. Today, we were denied; only GOD knows tomorrow. Americans may be begging for us to come there. There is nothing our GOD cannot do. I will encourage those that were denied to often share their testimonies and experience for other Nigerians to be conscious of them.

We have learnt our lessons.
We know GOD more; during this struggle we knew those people that truly love us. We knew people that could only eat with you when the deal is done. We did what we thought we could not be able to do. AMERICA is our dream; ONE-DAY we shall be there.

Best of luck to those applicants going for their interview.
If you are in America; endeavour to help the needy. Share your wealth with people that are less privileges. 1Samuel2:5-8 (it is not your power that made you rich)
If you are not successful; share your experience with people that have not gone for their interview who knows; it may be of help to them.
Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be denied and many will be surely granted.

I wish you all the best!!!

I learnt many have lost thousands to an Agent already before the interview. DV is what you can play yourself. I played it freely for all. It takes nothing from me.
You bad DV Agent that is exhorting money from Nigerians; you better change your mind before it is too late!!! Repent and turn a new leaf. May God forgive us!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2013
gunners4u: @dammymme, pls remove dat immuzation record, u must not submit it wit ur medical @ embassy

Hey have u booked ur flight already? My pal wants to leave next month to Houston. Any idea on the airliner and cost? Is what is at wakanow.com the real deal? I wld to deal with the and pay N160K (Egyptair) to NY and he takes keke to Houston. What do u guys think?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: opoki,i dnt understand wat u trying to say,are u saying dat dis lady does not sit for waec,if so which certificate did she go to embassy with.or she has only neco,pls i dont understand

She used her neco, registered for both exams but never did the Waec cos she lost her parent d@ time.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2013
Opoki:

She used her neco, registered for both exams but never did the Waec cos she lost her parent d@ time.

Obviously she is still in shock. She shld have retaken.Now what? Money gone and more shock.I empathize!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Seye4God take heart God knows d best.d God we serve will replenish ur finances.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ferdimako, tell d person to use emirate airline. Lagos to dallas DFW is abot 1154 dollars in any febuary date. Try book online or go dere office @ MMA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
seye4God: Our interview experience!!!

Praise God!!! Rejoice with my family. The LORD has done a wondrous thing once again.

It was on Wednesday, 23rd January 2013. We got to the Embassy some minutes passed 8am.

We waited under the tree rented a seat for my wife at the rate of N150. My younger brother was with us. I was told we would need Four Passports Photograph each. The requirement we met already. At exactly 5minutes to 10am, we were told to come in for our interview. We queued to verify our entry with other diversity visa lottery winners.

After our confirmation, we were ushered to the screening security machine where we put off our shoes, belts, wrist watch, etc.
In fact, we went with many luggages as if we were travelling to America that very day. I noticed we were the only applicant that came with many luggages. My wife named was called for submission of documents and instructed to pay for the VISA Fees at other cubicle. I paid for 5 people - my wife, three daughters and self (almost N280,000 non refundable).

Our documents were sorted and collated. Our submitted forms to Kentucky had been thoroughly and carefully reviewed by officers of the embassy and recommendation had been made. Just to submit your original and photocopied documents for verification and cross examination. Reviewing of one’s submitted form before the interview makes the task easier for the Consular Officer who will then use his/her discretion to check if truly one deserves the visa. Mind you, the internal officers would have suggested to the Consular Officer those errors and mistakes noted in conformable with the DV instruction as stated therein – click to read for your perusal and necessary action. (http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions_ENGL.pdf).
Most of the applicants do not often read this instruction before applying. Most believe so much on “I heard and they said”. It is better we go through the DV instruction ourselves without falling victims.

At exactly 12noon, my wife number: (B-347) was called. We went to window 16 (a place where most Nigerians pray not to go). I see nothing difficult in that lady. She speaks clear and simple. Successful Applicants do not need to entertain any fear. Keep your receipt very well ooooooooooo. I could not find where I kept the receipt. Meanwhile, it was inside the envelope where I kept the balance of N280,000 (I later saw it when we got home). The lady said we should not bother to search we should just come for the interview. After we promise to say the truth by raising our right hands; she then requested to take our finger prints – both left and right.

My wife/I: She was disturbing other applicants where they sat and I went to carry her
CO: In your original entry you said you have only one child; but after you won you included the twins; that means they were born couple of months before entry for the DIVERSITY VISA.
CO: According to the policies and law of the DV section so and so….. you application has been disqualified. Madam, I am very sorry. There is nothing I could do at this juncture. I did not make the law. I am very sorry.
My wife: I travelled when my husband played the lottery. The twins where delivered at home….nanana and nanananana
CO: Madam, I said I am sorry. I have many clients to attend to. Please leave now!
My wife/I: FATHER! We thank you for this successful interview. We just want to thank you despite being denied. You are our GOD and we would continue to serve you more in respecting of what must have happened.
We saw, conquered devil and overcame all our enemies who thought we may be sick or died as a result of rejection. Our GOD is a strong tower. He is our shield since we put our trust in Him.

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be yourself and speak confidently (God made my wife to speak confidently despite being denied)
• Visit https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415 to follow detailed experience from Nigerians
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:
• Applicants should not be made to pay before interview. It is supposed to be after the interview since the fees is not refundable.
• I am sure many will be granted and still the number of people that would be denied will be more than those that will be granted. Multiply that money of denials with the charging fees.
• Many families sold there belongings, properties, etc and even borrowed to pay for the visa fees.
• If you are part of the denials, please don’t kill yourself. God knows the best. The Christ in US is far better that the crisis in the world.
• But still my wife and I were extremely glad after the rigorous interview. Today, we were denied; only GOD knows tomorrow. Americans may be begging for us to come there. There is nothing our GOD cannot do. I will encourage those that were denied to often share their testimonies and experience for other Nigerians to be conscious of them.

We know GOD more; during this struggle we knew those people that truly love us. We knew people that could only eat with you when the deal is done. We did what we thought we could not be able to do. AMERICA is our dream; ONE-DAY we shall be there.

If you are in America; endeavour to help the needy. Share your wealth with people that are less privileges. 1Samuel2:5-8 (it is not your power that made you rich)
If you are not successful; share your experience with people that have not gone for their interview who knows; it may be of help to them.
Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be deni[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]ed and many will be surely granted.

I learnt many have lost thousands to an Agent already before the interview. DV is what you can play yourself. I played it freely for all. It takes nothing from me.
You bad DV Agent that is exhorting money from Nigerians; you better change your mind before it is too late!!! Repent and turn a new leaf. May God forgive us!!!

Evry diserpontment is a blesing. May the God dat  serve be with u and ur family, say dis prayer evry moning.Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.
Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be denied and many will be surely granted.

what can I say! Its so touching...it is well sir and God will restore back to u all u have spent in multiple folds in Jesus name.....Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

I really salute your courage to post your full and detailed interview experience despite of the outcome....may God almighty be with you and restore all you losses in jesus name...I wish you all the best in your future endavours....God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
@seye4real: Tis well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

Thanks and God bless u really good for the write up. It mind blowing. Encourage, touching. My brother, I must tell you God knows best. I love u and ur family bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

So sorry for the huge investment that went down the drains. Let everyone be reminded that you cannot make addition of deivative after you' ve won. You can only add a spouse for those who applied as single but now married or a new born child.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

i dont know you but im so proud of you. You are so mature and God will indeed reward you. This is definately not the end of the road. Youve got bigger and better opportunities coming your way IJN. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
Which website did you apply for job? Lots of people get job offer. Plz let me know.
Gentiger: I got two job offers as an entry level junior system administrator for Oracle database. The offers are in Los Angeles. Please who knows how to change Point of entry? I have Texas as my POE but considering switching to LA. Adesoji and Co, please speak up. I am yet to cross that bridge.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
emybaby2: Which website did you apply for job? Lots of people get job offer. Plz let me know.

Use Monsters and Planet recruits. Google them up. Goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

Use Monsters and Planet recruits. Google them up. Goodluck.
Gen,that is a smart move,but you dont need to change your POE, get to your destination first,get your green card and your SSN then you can move.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Gen,that is a smart move,but you dont need to change your POE, get to your destination first,get your green card and your SSN then you can move.

Thanks my big brother. I will.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
dchalice i was contacted by KCC through email to let me know there are some missing information of the documents i submitted citing the particular one and asking me to complete it and return to KCC in order for them to continues .[/b]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger: Today is supposed to be my passport pickup day. With yesterday being a public holiday, I don't know if it would be ready as at today. I called the number on the collection sheet but it appears the phone is still programmed to yesterday's public holiday. I wrote, they said they will respond in 1-2 working days. Does anyone think it would have been ready? I want my visa in my ha nds.
jst left GSS i was not given my my visa today because of yesteday's public holiday visa told to check back next weekmmmmmmmmek
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Gentiger and Seyesugar,have you gone to pick up your visa?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2013

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Pray and fast
• Be organized

OBSERVATIONS:

Thanks for the maturity. If u include kids or anybody after entering, you're on a long thing. Prepare to risk the time, cash and all that.Let us learn abeg!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Opoki:

But NECO suffices if 5 credits are on it including English and Math.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
femsoj: @Gentiger and Seyesugar,have you gone to pick up your visa?
yeah i was there but i was not given dey said it was delayed because of the public holiday nd i was told to check nxt wk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
gunners4u: @ferdimako, tell d person to use emirate airline. Lagos to dallas DFW is abot 1154 dollars in any febuary date. Try book online or go dere office @ MMA

Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
seyesugar: yeah i was there but i was not given dey said it was delayed because of the public holiday nd i was told to check nxt wk
thanks for the reply. Next week what? Although I was told by the window 13 lady to go and pick up my visa on the 28th(next week monday)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
seyesugar: jst left GSS i was not given my my visa today because of yesteday's public holiday visa told to check back next weekmmmmmmmmek

It's not quite 30minutes I left the place crest fallen. They said Monday and Thursday were public holidays respectively. Asked me to return Wednesday. Let's hook up on Wednesday there at 10am.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
femsoj: thanks for the reply. Next week what? Although I was told by the window 13 lady to go and pick up my visa on the 28th(next week monday)
nextweek wednesday
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
seyesugar: nextweek wednesday
i ll advice u still give them tym,pls go nxt wk friday

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.