Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,482 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926817 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:35am On Jan 26, 2013
temmytanny: its not owned by the US embassy,they also offer visa collection for over 15 other countries

Oh I see!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 2:10am On Jan 26, 2013
seye4God: Our interview experience!!!

Praise God!!! Rejoice with my family. The LORD has done a wondrous thing once again.

It was on Wednesday, 23rd January 2013. We got to the Embassy some minutes passed 8am.

We waited under the tree rented a seat for my wife at the rate of N150. My younger brother was with us. I was told we would need Four Passports Photograph each. The requirement we met already. At exactly 5minutes to 10am, we were told to come in for our interview. We queued to verify our entry with other diversity visa lottery winners.

After our confirmation, we were ushered to the screening security machine where we put off our shoes, belts, wrist watch, etc.
In fact, we went with many luggages as if we were travelling to America that very day. I noticed we were the only applicant that came with many luggages. My wife named was called for submission of documents and instructed to pay for the VISA Fees at other cubicle. I paid for 5 people - my wife, three daughters and self (almost N280,000 non refundable).

Our documents were sorted and collated. Our submitted forms to Kentucky had been thoroughly and carefully reviewed by officers of the embassy and recommendation had been made. Just to submit your original and photocopied documents for verification and cross examination. Reviewing of one’s submitted form before the interview makes the task easier for the Consular Officer who will then use his/her discretion to check if truly one deserves the visa. Mind you, the internal officers would have suggested to the Consular Officer those errors and mistakes noted in conformable with the DV instruction as stated therein – click to read for your perusal and necessary action. (http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions_ENGL.pdf).
Most of the applicants do not often read this instruction before applying. Most believe so much on “I heard and they said”. It is better we go through the DV instruction ourselves without falling victims.

At exactly 12noon, my wife number: (B-347) was called. We went to window 16 (a place where most Nigerians pray not to go). I see nothing difficult in that lady. She speaks clear and simple. Successful Applicants do not need to entertain any fear. Keep your receipt very well ooooooooooo. I could not find where I kept the receipt. Meanwhile, it was inside the envelope where I kept the balance of N280,000 (I later saw it when we got home). The lady said we should not bother to search we should just come for the interview. After we promise to say the truth by raising our right hands; she then requested to take our finger prints – both left and right.

Thereafter, our interview went thus:
CO: What was the date of birth of the twins?
My wife: nnnnnnnnnn
CO: Where is your first child?
My wife/I: She was disturbing other applicants where they sat and I went to carry her
CO: Okay. She is the one.
CO: In your original entry you said you have only one child; but after you won you included the twins; that means they were born couple of months before entry for the DIVERSITY VISA.
My wife: YES
CO: According to the policies and law of the DV section so and so….. you application has been disqualified. Madam, I am very sorry. There is nothing I could do at this juncture. I did not make the law. I am very sorry.
My wife: I travelled when my husband played the lottery. The twins where delivered at home….nanana and nanananana
CO: Madam, I said I am sorry. I have many clients to attend to. Please leave now!
My wife/I: FATHER! We thank you for this successful interview. We just want to thank you despite being denied. You are our GOD and we would continue to serve you more in respecting of what must have happened.
We saw, conquered devil and overcame all our enemies who thought we may be sick or died as a result of rejection. Our GOD is a strong tower. He is our shield since we put our trust in Him.

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Put your trust in GOD!!!
• Pray and fast
• Be yourself and speak confidently (God made my wife to speak confidently despite being denied)
• Read the instruction thoroughly
• Visit https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415 to follow detailed experience from Nigerians
• Be organized
• If you are successful, help people around you

OBSERVATIONS:
• Applicants should not be made to pay before interview. It is supposed to be after the interview since the fees is not refundable.
• I am sure many will be granted and still the number of people that would be denied will be more than those that will be granted. Multiply that money of denials with the charging fees.
• Many families sold there belongings, properties, etc and even borrowed to pay for the visa fees.
• If you are part of the denials, please don’t kill yourself. God knows the best. The Christ in US is far better that the crisis in the world.
• Keep serving and worshiping God. We have known God more!!!
• But still my wife and I were extremely glad after the rigorous interview. Today, we were denied; only GOD knows tomorrow. Americans may be begging for us to come there. There is nothing our GOD cannot do. I will encourage those that were denied to often share their testimonies and experience for other Nigerians to be conscious of them.

We have learnt our lessons.
We know GOD more; during this struggle we knew those people that truly love us. We knew people that could only eat with you when the deal is done. We did what we thought we could not be able to do. AMERICA is our dream; ONE-DAY we shall be there.

Best of luck to those applicants going for their interview.
If you are in America; endeavour to help the needy. Share your wealth with people that are less privileges. 1Samuel2:5-8 (it is not your power that made you rich)
If you are not successful; share your experience with people that have not gone for their interview who knows; it may be of help to them.
Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be denied and many will be surely granted.

I wish you all the best!!!

I learnt many have lost thousands to an Agent already before the interview. DV is what you can play yourself. I played it freely for all. It takes nothing from me.
You bad DV Agent that is exhorting money from Nigerians; you better change your mind before it is too late!!! Repent and turn a new leaf. May God forgive us!!!

Faith work wonders, since you belief you will live to actualize your American dream so be it. God bless us. Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 2:21am On Jan 26, 2013
omonanoint: Please my confirmation number looks like this 2013AF0001279*, when is it likely that I have my interview because I try checking it on visa bullentin to no avail?
Your interview date should be in April (going by the last number).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 2:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:07am On Jan 26, 2013
nkkystel: @ Adesoji, Temmy, Jejelady, Gentiger, Spoonder, Adjovia, Taatus and everyone in the house, my husband won the DV lottery and has been scheduled for March interview and we do not have anyone in the States, can this stop him from getting his visa. He played as single and so he going alone. He's got O'Level and works as a baker at the Sweet Sensation Confectionery. Pls what's are his chances of getting the Visa and your advice house base on ;
*not having anybody in the State (leaving the host secction on the form unfilled).
*his education and job level.

Thank you house as I wait for your reply.

How many credit passes has he? He needs atleast 5 with either of English or mathematics.
He must have someone in the US. That could delay his application or lead to outright denial.
If he's your husband, why didn't he include you as a beneficiary? If this gets known to the CO, his visa will be denied. I hope this enlightens you better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 3:13am On Jan 26, 2013
Gentiger:

How many credit passes has he? He needs atleast 5 with either of English or mathematics.
He must have someone in the US. That could delay his application or lead to outright denial.
If he's your husband, why didn't he include you as a beneficiary? If this gets known to the CO, his visa will be denied. I hope this enlightens you better.
from what she said, he applied single and did include her at all...he's going alone.....u can read her post again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 4:56am On Jan 26, 2013
Isaiah 54 vs 1-17,GOD bless you as you read(amen)good morning house,i pray that GOD ALMIGHTY will intervein in our matters and grant us divine favour in JESUS name(amen)GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2013
Gentiger:

Mr. CO !!! TRY NOT TO GIVE PEOPLE HYPERTENSION NOW !!!!
YOU CAN'T GET DENIAL DUE TO INCOMPLETE ADDRESS INFO. DELAY IS UNDERSTANDABLE

MADAM TELL YOUR HUBBBY TO USE ANY REDEEM CHURCH ADDRESS IN THE CITY WHERE HE INTEND TO RESIDE. FOR EX. RCCG DALLAS
YOU CAN EVEN USE A PROPECTIVE EMPLOYER'S ADDRESS ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS BY DOS

EVEN IF YOUR HUSBAND DID NOT ADD YOU TO THE INITIAL ENTRY AND YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS YET? .....ALLOW HIM GO TO US AS SINGLE ...YOU CAN THEN RE-MARRY..THEN HE FILE FOR YOU AFTER ONE YEAR.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Fello nairalanders, pls can one be denied visa if it is found out that the passport used for the initial dv entry is not recent.Pls guru in the house answer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by msaki: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2013
nkkystel: @ Adesoji, Temmy, Jejelady, Gentiger, Spoonder, Adjovia, Taatus and everyone in the house, my husband won the DV lottery and has been scheduled for March interview and we do not have anyone in the States, can this stop him from getting his visa. He played as single and so he going alone. He's got O'Level and works as a baker at the Sweet Sensation Confectionery. Pls what's are his chances of getting the Visa and your advice house base on ;
*not having anybody in the State (leaving the host secction on the form unfilled).

i'm afraid,chances of passng th intview wl b vry minimal....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:50am On Jan 26, 2013
idoo4love: from what she said, he applied single and did include her at all...he's going alone.....u can read her post again

It's still the same position. He applied as a single but is now married. He should have updated his profile with KCC. Since he's silent about it, he must pray this does not get known to the CO on the day of his interview.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Kemzone2003:

MADAM TELL YOUR HUBBBY TO USE ANY REDEEM CHURCH ADDRESS IN THE CITY WHERE HE INTEND TO RESIDE. FOR EX. RCCG DALLAS
YOU CAN EVEN USE A PROPECTIVE EMPLOYER'S ADDRESS ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS BY DOS

EVEN IF YOUR HUSBAND DID NOT ADD YOU TO THE INITIAL ENTRY AND YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS YET? .....ALLOW HIM GO TO US AS SINGLE ...YOU CAN THEN RE-MARRY..THEN HE FILE FOR YOU AFTER ONE YEAR.

I pray she doesn't insist before the white Angel in Windows 16 that she hasn't got someone in the States. Then the rest people here will learn from her mistake. No visa for you if you got no one in the US. Outright denial if you CAN'T produce one.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2013
Kemzone2003:

He is not Mr. CO, he is barrister michael! May b u r d mr. CO! Point of correction, he said no us address could lead to delay or denial. If he won't b denied based on adress, u may nicely say it instead of saying he is causing tension. I am even wondering, if u can't provide a US address during d interview, what do u expect d C0 to do? Provide u with an address? Do CO's have databanks of address to give interviewees that don't have US adress? Pls ans this question. If d ans is no, then it still boils down to the fact that u must provide an address. Gentiger has not said anything to cause fear! It is reality, the truth is always bitter! Remember, when issues like that of the single mother came up, some of u wanted to crucify him because he said it was outside d rules. Nigerians like to FAITH everything. You must provide a US address, Period!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Schizogony(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2013
Kudos 2 dis house 4 d nice work. A lot of pple have been helped. My interview comes up in feb, i did my medicals on Jan 2nd. I've all my documents ready. I dnt knw where I can take d 2nd dose of my HBV and MMR immunization in lag (due date: 2nd Feb). Q-life charges #7000. I need a place I can get it cheaper. Besides immunization is supposed 2 b free.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2013

Gentiger:

Kemzone2003:

Kemzone dont be sarcastic calling Gentiger Mr. CO!!! You see one needs an address in US where your GC will be posted and at the same time one needs a host in the US otherwise you will get NO VISA because you might become a public charge unless your bank account if FAT. If you get a nice CO he/she will tell you to go look for an address then go back to the consulate office when you have it, isnt this one a delay? Redeem church address is not resident to someone it is a church with many people how does this work? What if he doesnt have a prospective employer?
Hey lady tell your Huby to look for an address of someone in US or you can ask in your church/mosque for assistance it will come in handy.... You must have an address of someone in the US not a church or an organisation address please
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Spoondar:

Kemzone dont be sarcastic calling Gentiger Mr. CO!!! You see one needs an address in US where your GC will be posted and at the same time one needs a host in the US otherwise you will get NO VISA because you might become a public charge unless your bank account if FAT. If you get a nice CO he/she will tell you to go look for an address then go back to the consulate office when you have it, isnt this one a delay? Redeem church address is not resident to someone it is a church with many people how does this work? What if he doesnt have a prospective employer?
Hey lady tell your Huby to look for an address of someone in US or you can ask in your church/mosque for assistance it will come in handy.... You must have an address of someone in the US not a church or an organisation address please

Nigerians in Nigeria always want gwuragwura! They do not like to follow the rules, always want to call God's name when they know they are in a fix. Try to shop for an address and defend it. Do not include anyone you never included unless you can defend it very well.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2013
my
wife is d applicant wit bsc nd waec 9credit.she filled bsc nd waec bt
she also put hairdresser bekos presently she is doin it .bt my quest
is if d CO ask what she's doin during interview pls what is your advice ?
Am d beneficiary I filled barber bekos is my job bt i dnt av gud
credit in my neco bt my quest is during interview what do u feel or what
to tell co?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2013
Leripa:

Go with all the results with you. Your first result is a proof that you finished SSCE and the other supporting results are to your advantage too.
Pls don't answer/claim anything contrary to the informations on your submitted forms.
Good luck.
what if you do not have the first result again but you still have your testimonial will the result still be ask?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ROYALTRAVELS: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2013
sozen2010: Hello House, i Finished SSS in 1995 and my results were not perfect. Thereafter, in 1999 and 2001, i was able to complete my results in 2 sittings. Do I have to go the Embassy with my SSS results and present it or use the GCE in 1999 and 2001 where I had good combinations. And this is my highest education for now that I claimed in the filling of my forms. Though, i am currently in the university, also work in Finance depatments for more than 3 yrs.Can I tell them that am still in the university since it wasn't filled initially or defend my initial claims. Your urgent response would be highly appriciated!
Go with all ur result,since u v 5 credits in the second sittings 1999* 2000
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ROYALTRAVELS: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2013
folaonhigh:
what if you do not have the first result again but you still have your testimonial will the result still be ask?
Just go with whatever documents u v... noting to fear abt, all stands as advantage for u which proves u really wants to be educated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
@femo:
my
wife is d applicant wit bsc nd waec 9credit.she filled bsc nd waec bt
she also put hairdresser bekos presently she is doin it .bt my quest
is if d CO ask what she's doin during interview pls what is your advice ?
Am d beneficiary I filled barber bekos is my job bt i dnt av gud
credit in my neco bt my quest is during interview what do u feel or what
to tell co?

Pls do not mention hairdressing..........it is better she says she is now teaching in a kindergarten.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2013

Honey, your hubby needs a contact address,it can be Church or anything with a contact person's name and Phone number.I used a Pastor in Foursquare as a contact person.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=nero xp]Helo my sweet people,I greet u all.pls there's an issue I need to be clearified nw...wen KCC send any applicant dis E-mail---your forms hav been succesfully received nd are acceptable for further processing---does dat mean one is gud 2 go for interview wit de required documents provided dat he or she maintains her status wen he or she applied? Pls any 1 wit knowledge abt dis shuld help me,tanx.[/quote

All is fine i am from Cameroon i was also contact by the KCC that they have received my forms, i am still waiting for 2NL , don't be afraid all is fine just be patine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
hello house i am grateful for all your experiences and advices ,
i am 2013AF0005....
letter send to KCC 13/12/2012
corrections made after received information of
some erros 26/12/2012
conformation received 06/0/2013
2NL.....
Interview.....
Visa pick up....
so how long will i wait for 2NL, may God Almighty Bless all in the house.I am from Cameroon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
msaki:

i'm afraid,chances of passng th intview wl b vry minimal....

Why say that. Is it based on the O'Level he's using, job level or not having a host yet.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=nkkystel][/quote]

It's now clear, engaged but unmarried. Maintain the status quo. If he marries and files for you, you should be current for interview within 3 years. I know of someone whose own spanned for two years, six months only.

With the results, he's super good to go. About providing you a host, I need to be physically present in the states to do that and secondly, I must meet you in person to assess you. No one harbors a stranger these days you know.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
kiss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
wink
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 2:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
ogba1: Fello nairalanders, pls can one be denied visa if it is found out that the passport used for the initial dv entry is not recent.Pls guru in the house answer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.