Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,505 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:56 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925873 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seye4God: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Once again, I want to sincerely thank everyone that had contributed effectively and immensely to my growth and many successful applicants who are living in US now. May the good LORD continue to strengthen and empowering us for more great success stories ahead.

I forgot to tell the House.

I did not know that one of my colleagues is even working there. I saw him that very day discussing with that same white lady (the Consular Officer) at window 16. I learnt many things from him when I later called for confirmation and verification.

Nigerians should serve and worship God. Don’t worship the white people. Don’t be scared of them. They are human being like you. In fact, you are even better than them. Be yourself and be courageous.

My wife and I are not discouraged. We knew that our GOD is planning something wondrous for us. We are rejoicing and thanking Him since that very day. If you see us; you will think we won the VISA. We are counselling people and GOD used my family to save souls. Is that one not enough?

Don’t kill yourself If you are denied. Keep thanking and praising God. US VISA is not the end of the world.
Help people if you are granted VISA.
Let us change the world!!!
May God help us all.

In fact, I am let loose now. FREE indeed!!!

Sing this song friends:
Ija dopin
Ogun ti tan
Olugbala jagun molu
Orin ayo la o mako
Halleluyah!!!

Meaning:
The battle is over
Our Saviour finished the battle
A sweet song we shall sing
Halleluyah

This is the song my wife and I were singing since that day. I will let share the testimony of the birth of the twins with you later.

Take care.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by omonanoint: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Please my confirmation number looks like this 2013AF0001279*, when is it likely that I have my interview because I try checking it on visa bullentin to no avail?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
@seye4God: it is well my dear brother. God knows best and He will surely replenish your pockets.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Joe980: 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^^ lipsrsealed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hello House...i still await your contribution towards:Hello House, i Finished SSS in 1995 and my results were not perfect. Thereafter, in 1999 and 2001, i was able to complete my results in 2 sittings. Do I have to go the Embassy with my SSS results and present it or use the GCE in 1999 and 2001 where I had good combinations. And this is my highest education for now that I claimed in the filling of my forms. Though, i am currently in the university, also work in Finance depatments for more than 3 yrs.Can I tell them that am still in the university since it wasn't filled initially or defend my initial claims. Your urgent response would be highly appriciated!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
sozen2010: Hello House...i still await your contribution towards:Hello House, i Finished SSS in 1995 and my results were not perfect. Thereafter, in 1999 and 2001, i was able to complete my results in 2 sittings. Do I have to go the Embassy with my SSS results and present it or use the GCE in 1999 and 2001 where I had good combinations. And this is my highest education for now that I claimed in the filling of my forms. Though, i am currently in the university, also work in Finance depatments for more than 3 yrs.Can I tell them that am still in the university since it wasn't filled initially or defend my initial claims. Your urgent response would be highly appriciated!

Go with all the results with you. Your first result is a proof that you finished SSCE and the other supporting results are to your advantage too.
Pls don't answer/claim anything contrary to the informations on your submitted forms.
Good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
omonanoint: Please my confirmation number looks like this 2013AF0001279*, when is it likely that I have my interview because I try checking it on visa bullentin to no avail?

Watchout for the next visa bulletin and if by God's grace you are current, get prepared for your interview in April.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
@seye4God, all is well. May God restore all ur financial lose. I like ur courage.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
seye4God: Our interview experience!!!

Praise God!!! Rejoice with my family. The LORD has done a wondrous thing once again.

It was on Wednesday, 23rd January 2013. We got to the Embassy some minutes passed 8am.

We waited under the tree rented a seat for my wife at the rate of N150. My younger brother was with us. I was told we would need Four Passports Photograph each. The requirement we met already. At exactly 5minutes to 10am, we were told to come in for our interview. We queued to verify our entry with other diversity visa lottery winners.

After our confirmation, we were ushered to the screening security machine where we put off our shoes, belts, wrist watch, etc.
In fact, we went with many luggages as if we were travelling to America that very day. I noticed we were the only applicant that came with many luggages. My wife named was called for submission of documents and instructed to pay for the VISA Fees at other cubicle. I paid for 5 people - my wife, three daughters and self (almost N280,000 non refundable).

Our documents were sorted and collated. Our submitted forms to Kentucky had been thoroughly and carefully reviewed by officers of the embassy and recommendation had been made. Just to submit your original and photocopied documents for verification and cross examination. Reviewing of one’s submitted form before the interview makes the task easier for the Consular Officer who will then use his/her discretion to check if truly one deserves the visa. Mind you, the internal officers would have suggested to the Consular Officer those errors and mistakes noted in conformable with the DV instruction as stated therein – click to read for your perusal and necessary action. (http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions_ENGL.pdf).
Most of the applicants do not often read this instruction before applying. Most believe so much on “I heard and they said”. It is better we go through the DV instruction ourselves without falling victims.

At exactly 12noon, my wife number: (B-347) was called. We went to window 16 (a place where most Nigerians pray not to go). I see nothing difficult in that lady. She speaks clear and simple. Successful Applicants do not need to entertain any fear. Keep your receipt very well ooooooooooo. I could not find where I kept the receipt. Meanwhile, it was inside the envelope where I kept the balance of N280,000 (I later saw it when we got home). The lady said we should not bother to search we should just come for the interview. After we promise to say the truth by raising our right hands; she then requested to take our finger prints – both left and right.

Thereafter, our interview went thus:
CO: What was the date of birth of the twins?
My wife: nnnnnnnnnn
CO: Where is your first child?
My wife/I: She was disturbing other applicants where they sat and I went to carry her
CO: Okay. She is the one.
CO: In your original entry you said you have only one child; but after you won you included the twins; that means they were born couple of months before entry for the DIVERSITY VISA.
My wife: YES
CO: According to the policies and law of the DV section so and so….. you application has been disqualified. Madam, I am very sorry. There is nothing I could do at this juncture. I did not make the law. I am very sorry.
My wife: I travelled when my husband played the lottery. The twins where delivered at home….nanana and nanananana
CO: Madam, I said I am sorry. I have many clients to attend to. Please leave now!
My wife/I: FATHER! We thank you for this successful interview. We just want to thank you despite being denied. You are our GOD and we would continue to serve you more in respecting of what must have happened.
We saw, conquered devil and overcame all our enemies who thought we may be sick or died as a result of rejection. Our GOD is a strong tower. He is our shield since we put our trust in Him.

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Put your trust in GOD!!!
• Pray and fast
• Be yourself and speak confidently (God made my wife to speak confidently despite being denied)
• Read the instruction thoroughly
• Visit https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415 to follow detailed experience from Nigerians
• Be organized
• If you are successful, help people around you

OBSERVATIONS:
• Applicants should not be made to pay before interview. It is supposed to be after the interview since the fees is not refundable.
• I am sure many will be granted and still the number of people that would be denied will be more than those that will be granted. Multiply that money of denials with the charging fees.
• Many families sold there belongings, properties, etc and even borrowed to pay for the visa fees.
• If you are part of the denials, please don’t kill yourself. God knows the best. The Christ in US is far better that the crisis in the world.
• Keep serving and worshiping God. We have known God more!!!
• But still my wife and I were extremely glad after the rigorous interview. Today, we were denied; only GOD knows tomorrow. Americans may be begging for us to come there. There is nothing our GOD cannot do. I will encourage those that were denied to often share their testimonies and experience for other Nigerians to be conscious of them.

We have learnt our lessons.
We know GOD more; during this struggle we knew those people that truly love us. We knew people that could only eat with you when the deal is done. We did what we thought we could not be able to do. AMERICA is our dream; ONE-DAY we shall be there.

Best of luck to those applicants going for their interview.
If you are in America; endeavour to help the needy. Share your wealth with people that are less privileges. 1Samuel2:5-8 (it is not your power that made you rich)
If you are not successful; share your experience with people that have not gone for their interview who knows; it may be of help to them.
Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be denied and many will be surely granted.

I wish you all the best!!!

I learnt many have lost thousands to an Agent already before the interview. DV is what you can play yourself. I played it freely for all. It takes nothing from me.
You bad DV Agent that is exhorting money from Nigerians; you better change your mind before it is too late!!! Repent and turn a new leaf. May God forgive us!!!

Seye, you are such a courageous man and one in a million i really admire your courage. like you have rightly said God knows better than we do. it is not the end of lfe, rather the beginning of better things to come for you and your family. one thing is sure, when one door closes our God must definitely open another. may God almighty restore all that you have lost in the course of this in a million folds in Jesus name,amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
femsoj: @Gentiger and Seyesugar,have you gone to pick up your visa?

Hook up at GSS Lekki at 10am Wednesday for collection. Was asked to return then.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Leripa:

Go with all the results with you. Your first result is a proof that you finished SSCE and the other supporting results are to your advantage too.
Pls don't answer/claim anything contrary to the informations on your submitted forms.
Good luck.

thanks!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

Hook up at GSS Lekki at 10am Wednesday for collection. Was asked to return then.
alrite
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
seye4God: Once again, I want to sincerely thank everyone that had contributed effectively and immensely to my growth and many successful applicants who are living in US now. May the good LORD continue to strengthen and empowering us for more great success stories ahead.

I did not know that one of my colleagues is even working there. I saw him that very day discussing with that same white lady (the Consular Officer) at window 16. I learnt many things from him when I later called for confirmation and verification.

Nigerians should serve and worship God. Don’t worship the white people. Don’t be scared of them. They are human being like you. In fact, you are even better than them. Be yourself and be courageous.

My wife and I are not discouraged. We knew that our GOD is planning something wondrous for us. We are rejoicing and thanking Him since that very day. If you see us; you will think we won the VISA. We are counselling people and GOD used my family to save souls. Is that one not enough?

Don’t kill yourself If you are denied. Keep thanking and praising God. US VISA is not the end of the world.
May God help us all.

Sing this song friends:
Ija dopin
Ogun ti tan
Olugbala jagun molu
Orin ayo la o mako
Halleluyah!!!

Meaning:
The battle is over
Halleluyah

This is the song my wife and I were singing since that day. I will let share the testimony of the birth of the twins with you later.

Take care.

I like d understanding between u and ur wife and d way u both reason keep it up. When one door closes another door opens.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
seye4God: Once again, I want to sincerely thank everyone that had contributed effectively and immensely to my growth and many successful applicants who are living in US now. May the good LORD continue to strengthen and empowering us for more great success stories ahead.

May God help us all.

Sing this song friends:
Ija dopin
Ogun ti tan
Olugbala jagun molu
Orin ayo la o mako
Halleluyah!!!

Meaning:
The battle is over
Halleluyah

Take care.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2013

May God help us all.

Sing this song friends:
Ija dopin
Ogun ti tan
Olugbala jagun molu
Orin ayo la o mako
Halleluyah!!!

Meaning:
The battle is over
Halleluyah

Take care.

Guy, please make sure you follow the rules especially when you're out of Nigeria. I don't know of all these talks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

Temmy, how long did it take your green card and Ssn to arrive?
from a guy i know it took 5 days to get SSN and 18 days to get his GC and what he did is immediately after he arrived in US he filled all the necessary papers to get those things that means he didnt wait for them to send coz we wrote on the DS230 form he did it immediately he got there
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
Opoki: @seye4real: Tis well.
I guess this also apply to your case.
Its a very clear rule stated in the initial entry instructions.
Try and save ur medical and visa processing fee especially fir a large family of yours.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Seye 2 b honest i didn't knw u nd ur family were denied.ur 1st post afta ur interview got me tinkin ur visas were approved.gosh!! U're realyyy a man nd ur faith nd hope re sumtin else wich is beyond my undastnding.GOD ALMIGHT has a best purpose for dis nd its well wit ur family,AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hello gurus.... Anyone going to houston texas and has made inquiry about flight expenses in the house? Pls i'll like to know what to bugget for me and my wife as regards the flight. Proposed month of departure is march... Thanks as ur prompt reply will highly be appreciated...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ Seye, you have educated many people with this your experience. May God bless you and open other doors for you, amen! This story and experience reminds me of the single mother, who included her 9 year old daughter after she won. The story sounds very similar, although we keep calling God, God even when we know it's outside the rule of the dv lottery. In this 2 instances, if you carry out a DNA test, the result will show that both the baby twins n the 9 year old girl truthfuly belongs to their parent(s). However, based on the rule, you may likely be denied visa. It's just like smone who scores a goal with the hand in football. Yes, it's a goal, but will be disallowed because it's outside the rules. I praise you seye for teaching this house and many more generations to come! Thank you sir...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger: I got two job offers as an entry level junior system administrator for Oracle database. The offers are in Los Angeles. Please who knows how to change Point of entry? I have Texas as my POE but considering switching to LA. Adesoji and Co, please speak up. I am yet to cross that bridge.
Hi Gentiger, I must say I enjoy 'every' contribution u make on this forum especially your observations on your interview day as well as your advice. Very informative! Congratulations on your Interview success (VISA)!. Secondly, how come u were able to get job offers as oracle administrator(IT), I thought you are a lawyer?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

It's not quite 30minutes I left the place crest fallen. They said Monday and Thursday were public holidays respectively. Asked me to return Wednesday. Let's hook up on Wednesday there at 10am.
I'll advice anyone going for visa pick up to first confirm d status of his/her visa before going in order to avoid going and not receiving it. U can do so by sending an e.mail to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com. Only type ur international passport number as subject and also as d body of the mail, be sure not to write anything else other than d passport number and u'll receive an automatic/instant reply telling you whether ur documents are ready for pick up. That was what i did till i went to collect my visa. U can get more info about this on www.ustraveldocs.com... Best of luck to u all... SHALOM!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Spoondar:
from a guy i know it took 5 days to get SSN and 18 days to get his GC and what he did is immediately after he arrived in US he filled all the necessary papers to get those things that means he didnt wait for them to send coz we wrote on the DS230 form he did it immediately he got there

Thanks Spoondar. I will.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Hi Gentiger, I must say I enjoy 'every' contribution u make on this forum especially your observations on your interview day as well as your advice. Very informative! Congratulations on your Interview success (VISA)!. Secondly, how come u were able to get job offers as oracle administrator(IT), I thought you are a lawyer?

I am a lawyer but very much into information technology. I have certifications in Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco and ITIL. I underwent a program in Project Management but yet to write the exam. I took advantage of NIIT yearly scholarships to do some of these programs on weekends. You can be anything you want to be if you aspire.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Imcool: I'll advice anyone going for visa pick up to first confirm d status of his/her visa before going in order to avoid going and not receiving it. U can do so by sending an e.mail to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com. Only type ur international passport number as subject and also as d body of the mail, be sure not to write anything else other than d passport number and u'll receive an automatic/instant reply telling you whether ur documents are ready for pick up. That was what i did till i went to collect my visa. U can get more info about this on www.ustraveldocs.com... Best of luck to u all... SHALOM!

I did exactly that. I sent the mail as instructed and got a reply saying 'Picked Up'. But on getting there today they said it's not ready. They even said immigrant visa can't be tracked online. Is GSS document center owned by the US embassy?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 9:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
ogbonlowob: @ Seye, you have educated many people with this your experience. May God bless you and open other doors for you, amen! This story and experience reminds me of the single mother, who included her 9 year old daughter after she won. The story sounds very similar, although we keep calling God, God even when we know it's outside the rule of the dv lottery. In this 2 instances, if you carry out a DNA test, the result will show that both the baby twins n the 9 year old girl truthfuly belongs to their parent(s). However, based on the rule, you may likely be denied visa. It's just like smone who scores a goal with the hand in football. Yes, it's a goal, but will be disallowed because it's outside the rules. I praise you seye for teaching this house and many more generations to come! Thank you sir...
to be honest this is an eye openner for all....we Nigerians like trying things even if the risk is deadly @seyi,i appreciate your courage and am really sad about your story.why can't payment be done after succesful interview to save all this financial heartbreak?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
Please anyone in the house who can advice on what i should study for my interview. Highest qualification is high sch. diploma and currently an undergraduate in a university in Nig and Single. All is contained in the forms submitted to KCC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

I did exactly that. I sent the mail as instructed and got a reply saying 'Picked Up'. But on getting there today they said it's not ready. They even said immigrant visa can't be tracked online. Is GSS document center owned by the US embassy?
its not owned by the US embassy,they also offer visa collection for over 15 other countries
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
Kemzone2003:
I guess this also apply to your case.
Its a very clear rule stated in the initial entry instructions.
Try and save ur medical and visa processing fee especially fir a large family of yours.
Nope, my Case Number is 187** and i'm not high about it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
@seye....it takes alot of courage to do wat u hv just done....may God open many more doors to u n ur family....our God is foreva good....i was also denied visa for dv lottery 2010 due to wat d CO termed as undue advantage cuz my foreign state chargabilty reads repubilc of palou instead of Nigeria...i had my interview Feb. 2011 but ws denied... I played 2012 n won Again... Currently waiting to b current wt AF124**...our God is able...am not sure hw, it will still turn out dis tym again but wateva hapns my God can still do it again n again...y i am telling u dis @seye is dat u shld hv faith n hold unto God..may God bless u n ur family n all the wonderful ppl i hv met here...by HIS grace it is well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gentiger:

Yes it was actually telling me dat too till at a point it changed from PICKED UP to READY FOR PICK UP. Both mine and dat of my wife changed d same time as stated above. I guess it advisable to wait till it say READY FOR PICK UP before u go though i stand to be corrected sha. As per who own GSS, I don't really know much but i feel it just like a post accency like DHL or even our NIPOST too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 1:10am On Jan 26, 2013
Helo my sweet people,I greet u all.pls there's an issue I need to be clearified nw...wen KCC send any applicant dis E-mail---your forms hav been succesfully received nd are acceptable for further processing---does dat mean one is gud 2 go for interview wit de required documents provided dat he or she maintains her status wen he or she applied? Pls any 1 wit knowledge abt dis shuld help me,tanx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.