Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,932 members, 7,848,778 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924955 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gentiger:

It's now clear, engaged but unmarried. Maintain the status quo. If he marries and files for you, you should be current for interview within 3 years. I know of someone whose own spanned for two years, six months only.

With the results, he's super good to go. About providing you a host, I need to be physically present in the states to do that and secondly, I must meet you in person to assess you. No one harbors a stranger these days you know.

This is nice of you brother, please help them out!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
nkkystel:

Hope he won't be asked why he left the host section unfilled (that's the form that was sent to Kentucky). And if asked what should he say.
He will just say that he hadnt gotten the exact physical address by the time he was sending the forms. After all we all know that our relatives stay in a certain city and we never bother to ask for their physical address unless you want to travel there.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
pls house
my wife is d applicant wit bsc nd waec 9credit.she filled bsc nd waec bt
she also put hairdresser bekos presently she is doin it .bt my quest
is if d CO ask what she's doin during interview pls what is your advice ?
Am d beneficiary I filled barber bekos is my job bt i dnt av gud
credit in my neco bt my quest is during interview what do u feel or what
to tell co.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
mr gentiger
to tell co.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
ohhhhh gen lion is back roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
i missed the house for some time now. hope everyone is doin fine
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
i want to congratulate everyone that has received the dv visa. we hope ours is on the way
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
gentiger wat up na. hope the champagne is in the air. keep praying for me. i av made up my mind that i must receive the dv
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
@femo:
mr gentiger
to tell co.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
I thank God for how for he is brought me. I picked up my visa yesterday at the american embassy here in ghana. Glory be to God, here I come Virginia. Awurade na ay3.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ROYALTRAVELS: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
msaki:

i'm afraid,chances of passng th intview wl b vry minimal....
Let him get an address written somewhere with phone number and explain to the CO
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
seye4God: Our interview experience!!!

Praise God!!! Rejoice with my family. The LORD has done a wondrous thing once again.

It was on Wednesday, 23rd January 2013. We got to the Embassy some minutes passed 8am.

We waited under the tree rented a seat for my wife at the rate of N150. My younger brother was with us. I was told we would need Four Passports Photograph each. The requirement we met already. At exactly 5minutes to 10am, we were told to come in for our interview. We queued to verify our entry with other diversity visa lottery winners.

After our confirmation, we were ushered to the screening security machine where we put off our shoes, belts, wrist watch, etc.
In fact, we went with many luggages as if we were travelling to America that very day. I noticed we were the only applicant that came with many luggages. My wife named was called for submission of documents and instructed to pay for the VISA Fees at other cubicle. I paid for 5 people - my wife, three daughters and self (almost N280,000 non refundable).

Our documents were sorted and collated. Our submitted forms to Kentucky had been thoroughly and carefully reviewed by officers of the embassy and recommendation had been made. Just to submit your original and photocopied documents for verification and cross examination. Reviewing of one’s submitted form before the interview makes the task easier for the Consular Officer who will then use his/her discretion to check if truly one deserves the visa. Mind you, the internal officers would have suggested to the Consular Officer those errors and mistakes noted in conformable with the DV instruction as stated therein – click to read for your perusal and necessary action. (http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions_ENGL.pdf).
Most of the applicants do not often read this instruction before applying. Most believe so much on “I heard and they said”. It is better we go through the DV instruction ourselves without falling victims.

At exactly 12noon, my wife number: (B-347) was called. We went to window 16 (a place where most Nigerians pray not to go). I see nothing difficult in that lady. She speaks clear and simple. Successful Applicants do not need to entertain any fear. Keep your receipt very well ooooooooooo. I could not find where I kept the receipt. Meanwhile, it was inside the envelope where I kept the balance of N280,000 (I later saw it when we got home). The lady said we should not bother to search we should just come for the interview. After we promise to say the truth by raising our right hands; she then requested to take our finger prints – both left and right.

Thereafter, our interview went thus:
CO: What was the date of birth of the twins?
My wife: nnnnnnnnnn
CO: Where is your first child?
My wife/I: She was disturbing other applicants where they sat and I went to carry her
CO: Okay. She is the one.
CO: In your original entry you said you have only one child; but after you won you included the twins; that means they were born couple of months before entry for the DIVERSITY VISA.
My wife: YES
CO: According to the policies and law of the DV section so and so….. you application has been disqualified. Madam, I am very sorry. There is nothing I could do at this juncture. I did not make the law. I am very sorry.
My wife: I travelled when my husband played the lottery. The twins where delivered at home….nanana and nanananana
CO: Madam, I said I am sorry. I have many clients to attend to. Please leave now!
My wife/I: FATHER! We thank you for this successful interview. We just want to thank you despite being denied. You are our GOD and we would continue to serve you more in respecting of what must have happened.
We saw, conquered devil and overcame all our enemies who thought we may be sick or died as a result of rejection. Our GOD is a strong tower. He is our shield since we put our trust in Him.

LESSON TO LEARN:
• Put your trust in GOD!!!
• Pray and fast
• Be yourself and speak confidently (God made my wife to speak confidently despite being denied)
• Read the instruction thoroughly
• Visit https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415 to follow detailed experience from Nigerians
• Be organized
• If you are successful, help people around you

OBSERVATIONS:
• Applicants should not be made to pay before interview. It is supposed to be after the interview since the fees is not refundable.
• I am sure many will be granted and still the number of people that would be denied will be more than those that will be granted. Multiply that money of denials with the charging fees.
• Many families sold there belongings, properties, etc and even borrowed to pay for the visa fees.
• If you are part of the denials, please don’t kill yourself. God knows the best. The Christ in US is far better that the crisis in the world.
• Keep serving and worshiping God. We have known God more!!!
• But still my wife and I were extremely glad after the rigorous interview. Today, we were denied; only GOD knows tomorrow. Americans may be begging for us to come there. There is nothing our GOD cannot do. I will encourage those that were denied to often share their testimonies and experience for other Nigerians to be conscious of them.

We have learnt our lessons.
We know GOD more; during this struggle we knew those people that truly love us. We knew people that could only eat with you when the deal is done. We did what we thought we could not be able to do. AMERICA is our dream; ONE-DAY we shall be there.

Best of luck to those applicants going for their interview.
If you are in America; endeavour to help the needy. Share your wealth with people that are less privileges. 1Samuel2:5-8 (it is not your power that made you rich)
If you are not successful; share your experience with people that have not gone for their interview who knows; it may be of help to them.
Finally, even you make all requirements and obey the laws and policies of DV; if God said NO; it will still be NO. I am very sure many will still be denied and many will be surely granted.

I wish you all the best!!!

I learnt many have lost thousands to an Agent already before the interview. DV is what you can play yourself. I played it freely for all. It takes nothing from me.
You bad DV Agent that is exhorting money from Nigerians; you better change your mind before it is too late!!! Repent and turn a new leaf. May God forgive us!!!

God's delay is not God's denial, one day ur dream will come true. In everything we thank God
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
nkkystel:

Gentiger, you're one of the persons I respect alot in this forum and really commend your humility in responding to my questions, thank you. So how do we meet for the assessment.

Check out my profile. You'll find all you need to reach me personally. I don't know when your interview would be. I just hope you still got some time away.

That I haven't booked my flight is cos my passport is not yet in my hands. But my itinerary is fixed. Leaving for the UK on the 27th of February to be with my Dad, and depart Heathrow on the 3rd of March to Dallas. Catch me inbetween if you can.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
@femo:
mr gentiger
to tell co.

Your wife is super qualified to make it through with her O'levels. They will definitely ask what she's been doing since she left High School. This is where super packaging comes in. Find out the professional name for Hair Dresser in the American English code. It could be hair stylist or whatever. That's the piece of cake to sell to the CO. There's no such thing as Tailor but a Designer. Look for the right Word or Phrase to qualify what she does. Come with a catalogue of her previous works. No one can disprove evidence.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lhasky007: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Hi guys, pls is it evry1 dat gets a txt or an email wen forms r received @ kcc after winninq d lottery.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ROYALTRAVELS: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
nkkystel: @ Adesoji, Temmy, Jejelady, Gentiger, Spoonder, Adjovia, Taatus and everyone in the house, my husband won the DV lottery and has been scheduled for March interview and we do not have anyone in the States, can this stop him from getting his visa. He played as single and so he going alone. He's got O'Level and works as a baker at the Sweet Sensation Confectionery. Pls what's are his chances of getting the Visa and your advice house base on ;
*not having anybody in the State (leaving the host secction on the form unfilled).
*his education and job level.

Thank you house as I wait for your reply.
Pls make sure he gets an address, name and phone number along with him for the interview. He might not end-up staying wf the person but its important pls. I could help with that ok. He will only claim to be family friends.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
ferdimako:

Pls do not mention hairdressing..........it is better she says she is now teaching in a kindergarten.
Hair dressing/hair stylist/cosmotologist is a professional Job in the United state. Don't teach her lies cos it could backfire.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
@femo:
mr gentiger
to tell co.
WHY ARE YOU PANIC ?. I THOUGHT YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED BY GURUS IN THE HOUSE. WELL, YOUR WIFE SHOULD TELL CO ANYTHING SHE IS DOING,SO FAR SHE HAS 5 CREDITS IN O'LEVEL. YOU AS HUSBAND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CO BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A WINNER

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Spoondar:
He will just say that he hadnt gotten the exact physical address by the time he was sending the forms. After all we all know that our relatives stay in a certain city and we never bother to ask for their physical address unless you want to travel there.

Thanks abunch.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by omonanoint: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
Good day house, I find it difficult to go tru d visa bullentin,I just want to know how to check the previous or last case number posted.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Opoki:
Hair dressing/hair stylist/cosmotologist is a professional Job in the United state. Don't teach her lies cos it could backfire.

But if you mention Hair dressing/hair stylist/cosmotologist, it has already backfired. Who no dey lie?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2013
@seye4God; like someone said, u are one in a million; Yeah! that's who u are. U ve redefined thanksgiving. Bro, im convinced d host of heaven are planning something great for u cos u didnt give up even after d huge loss to d american embassy. I love ur courage, sir!
May God bless u and ur family richly IJN!
Amen!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
ferdimako:

But if you mention Hair dressing/hair stylist/cosmotologist, it has already backfired. Who no dey lie?
@ times we take this white people as if they are god of english...we should just learn how to be ourselves,hair dresser oo,stylist oo,beautician etc are all thesame..infact being an hair dresser in the usa pays more than most proffessions because it is almost tax free and you can easily combine it with another job.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by omonanoint: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
Good day house,can anybody tell me how to check the previous or last case number from visa bulletin.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
monsieursam64: @seye4God; like someone said, u are one in a million; Yeah! that's who u are. U ve redefined thanksgiving. Bro, im convinced d host of heaven are planning something great for u cos u didnt give up even after d huge loss to d american embassy. I love ur courage, sir!
Amen!
Hello house.... Pls which 1 is best preferred.. To send my transcripts to WES before leaving Nigeria or to do it when I get to d states.. pls how will I go about it cos I checked their site, registered and still did NOT get it.. I will like to use it for both employment and to further my education... Pls help me out... Thanks and God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
monsieursam64: @seye4God; like someone said, u are one in a million; Yeah! that's who u are. U ve redefined thanksgiving. Bro, im convinced d host of heaven are planning something great for u cos u didnt give up even after d huge loss to d american embassy. I love ur courage, sir!
Amen!

Most times we get robbed by the devil and we attribute it to the will of God. Our ignorance is the tool the evil one works with. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Most lottery winners face the CO uninformed. No pre-information. The few I saw denied would have been smiling if they were well tutored by experts in the house.

Seye4God's testimony reveals the debt of ignorance in DV lottery rules. They were ill-informed. Well, all things works together for good they say. I feel sorry it happened the way it did.

For all those going for interview, prepare hard. Undergo private coaching if you have to. Ask questions. An inquisitor never misses the way. A closed lips is a closed destiny. Shine your eyes well well.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
ferdimako:

You said she should say she's been working as a kindergarten handler while the person in question works as hair stylist!?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gentiger:

Most times we get robbed by the devil and we attribute it to the will of God. Our ignorance is the tool the evil one works with. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Most lottery winners face the CO uninformed. No pre-information. The few I saw denied would have been smiling if they were well tutored by experts in the house.

Seye4God's testimony reveals the debt of ignorance in DV lottery rules. They were ill-informed. Well, all things works together for good they say. I feel sorry it happened the way it did.

For all those going for interview, prepare hard. Undergo private coaching if you have to. Ask questions. An inquisitor never misses the way. A closed lips is a closed destiny. Shine your eyes well well.
^^^Words!
With this, i started reading my books after many yrs i've left school... Its not all about the visa but its an hyper-Insult not to be able to defend my qualification up to the expected level!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
For those coming to US read this about best places to get job

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-best-cities-for-job-seekers-195522601.html

Looking for a new job? You may want to start here. Often, the ability to secure a steady paycheck–and make it last–depends on where you call home.

Researchers at financial literacy website NerdWallet examined the 26 biggest cities in the U.S. to find out which are the most promising hubs for job seekers. They looked at population growth between 2010 and 2011 as an indication of overall business growth, the local unemployment rate, the median income of residents, and the cost of living, which reflects how far your dollar will go.

The result? Austin, Tex., emerged as the best city for job seekers, with explosive population growth and a below average unemployment rate. It also features a low cost of living–renting a two-bedroom apartment, for example, averages just $968 a month.

“If a city is growing quickly, there’s an underlying ripple effect of more companies and a greater need for services,” says Stephanie Wei, VP of Financial Literacy at NerdWallet. “Austin is becoming a tech hub. IBM and Dell are there, and it’s attracting more biotechnology businesses.”

In fact, five of the top 10 cities are located in Texas. Not only does the state generally feature a low cost of living, but Wei says its cities have done a nice job differentiating themselves. Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas and San Antonio are all up-and-coming hubs for niche industries like telecom and bioscience.

Many job seekers believe the biggest city will offer the biggest paychecks. However, Wei cautions that cost of living is an important metric that many undervalue. Living in New York, for example, costs more than twice as much as the national average, so paychecks get eaten up by rent bills. “At the end of the day, what really matters is your net paycheck,” she says. “You can’t assume the biggest city is the best.”

NerdWallet’s top-10 list, with median two-bedroom apartment rent included for reference:

No. 1: Austin, TX
Population Growth: 3.8%
Unemployment Rate: 6.2%
Median Income: $31,170
Median Rent: $968

No. 2: Washington, DC
Population Growth: 2.7%
Unemployment Rate: 10.2%
Median Income: $43,993
Median Rent: $1,823

No. 3: San Francisco, CA
Population Growth: 0.9%
Unemployment Rate: 8.6%
Median Income: $46,777
Median Rent: $2,702

No. 4: Denver, CO
Population Growth: 3.3%
Unemployment Rate: 9.1%
Median Income: $32,051
Median Rent: $931

No. 5: Houston, TX
Population Growth: 2.2%
Unemployment Rate: 8.2%
Median Income: $26,849
Median Rent: $1,311

No. 6: Fort Worth, TX
Population Growth: 2.3%
Unemployment Rate: 8.0%
Median Income: $24,270
Median Rent: $980

No. 7: Dallas, TX
Population Growth: 2.1%
Unemployment Rate: 8.5%
Median Income: $27,251
Median Rent: $792

No. 8: Seattle, WA
Population Growth: 2.0%
Unemployment Rate: 7.5%
Median Income: $41,695
Median Rent: $1,417

No. 9: San Antonio, TX
Population Growth: 2.4%
Unemployment Rate: 7.4%
Median Income: $22,333
Median Rent: $823

No. 10: Charlotte, NC
Population Growth: 2.7%
Unemployment Rate: 9.2%
Median Income: $31,667
Median Rent: $790
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
Gentiger:

Your wife is super qualified to make it through with her O'levels. They will definitely ask what she's been doing since she left High School. This is where super packaging comes in. Find out the professional name for Hair Dresser in the American English code. It could be hair stylist or whatever. That's the piece of cake to sell to the CO. There's no such thing as Tailor but a Designer. Look for the right Word or Phrase to qualify what she does. Come with a catalogue of her previous works. No one can disprove evidence.

Do not you think she might be asked to present her certificate of graduation has an hairdresser or the husband being barber.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
Opoki:
^^^Words!
With this, i started reading my books after many yrs i've left school... Its not all about the visa but its an hyper-Insult not to be able to defend my qualification up to the expected level!
I will advise u to pray so that there will be miracle extra-ordinary on the day of ur interview cos ur case is similar to this seye4God. U added ur family after selection cos ur wife insisted on moving with u. There is nothing God can not do but be prayerful my brother so that God's favour shall go with u and ur family cos the cost is too high for one with large family to gamble with. We the entire house is serously praying for you Opoki but at the same time, don't invest so much in this visa emotionally cos the rule can't be bent if God is not involved and am sure that protocol are not observed when favour is at work. Let us shine our eyes and follow the rule and am wishing you good luck and God's favour in advance.pencil dropped here.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
jidex001:

Do not you think she might be asked to present her certificate of graduation has an hairdresser or the husband being barber.

I don't know why that family is troubled. The wife has got a good result to showcase. The CO will want to know what she's been doing since she left school. This helps them guage how productive or otherwise she will be in the US. The greater focus should be centered around her I'levels.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.