Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,463 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? (23176 Views)

How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / Why Do Girls Hide Their Feelings? / Should You Always Tell Someone You Love How You Feel About Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by kaiter: 2:09pm On May 04, 2012
don't be a punkass and text "it's over", don't call any more, or ask for some puny "break" with no intentions to reconnect.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by CY09: 2:13pm On May 04, 2012
slimyem: Anuofia!

Ezigbote anuofia!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by ATMC(f): 2:25pm On May 04, 2012
Onegai: Emotions playing you is the big problem. If it happens, sure, but control it and see what next. I've seen good relationships hit the rocks because they had problems and emotions got out of control. That's what a Break is for, to rein in yourself and emotions, refocus and decide what next. Instead, we use it to scout for the next babe/guy. Even if your emotions play you, control it. That's the difference between an adult and a child: one controls his/her emotion. So if you break up messily, take the time to go back and break it right, and proper.
dt's d problem. We r taught to control our emotions whereas they r not meant to be controlled but expressed. U see no matter how u try to 'control' emotions, two things must happen, either u let go or u bottle up nd either of d above have effects. Its really not easy at all...maturity cannot really be measured when it comes to relationship by how one walked away, this is cos of newton's third law of motion
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by dare2think: 2:32pm On May 04, 2012
Unfortunately, only 00.1% of people operate like Onegia.

Dignity and respect must be taken into account when breaking up with someone. You break-up with them as you like someone break up with you.

There are several people who respect their ex-partners just because of the maturity they might have used when breaking up.It will hurt initially but as time goes on you will appreciate and respect the person that let you down gently.
Because even when that person was breaking up with you, he/she still respected you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2012
dare2think: Unfortunately, only 00.1% of people operate like Onegia.

So fcking well said.

I know no single Nigerian woman that has broken up "respectfully", but they would mourn that they deserve to be broken up with respectfully.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by cowgurl: 3:05pm On May 04, 2012
phemi3: I know; but I've never in my life told someone 'It's over': I just pretend things are going to be well till she reads the line but It's not easy though!
Well, there is alwys a first tym most esp wen u've done everytin in ur will to make it work and it isn't, you have no choice then than to sit with her and talk it quit.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Whizkay(m): 3:19pm On May 04, 2012
"U r so perfect nd i dnt disav u, i nid to work on my sef...blablablah. Make it sound luk u r d one wu z wrong nd shez ryt nd u wud want her to move on wif a beta guy, den walk away...it wud take ha some tym b4 she realises dat shez been dumped...it myt work nd may not..
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2012
i wud lik to view dis topic from anoda view &ask questns. ao many boy/man-lovers shu a lady av in her lifetime? for most physical occurences,dea ar spiritual connectns n implications. d idea of break-up n cheatin are demonic n intended by d devil to promote fornication/adultery n to continue initiatin ppl into blood covenant. ao many ppl av u slept wt? y break up wen ur initial vow "i luv u", wen indeed it was LUST,afta d lady's bn devoured to satisf. level,d devil shifts d attentn of d men to oda ladies...
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by shagaman: 3:24pm On May 04, 2012
Just stop calling and sending text messages...create distance and she/he would understand with time....
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by joe4christ(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2012
I was not only heart-broken, i was emotionally terminated by my first love, and since then i dont just take relationship with opposite sex seriouse.
Now she's back after 3yrs of loneliness (Unable to find true love) she now want to make it up to me, but it's too late cos i just dont know how to take ladies a bit seriouse, and cant even picture myself being heart-broken ever again, it's just impossible.
No space for emotional feeling that beclouds reasoning!

Joe4christ!!!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:28pm On May 04, 2012
...- variety is d spice of life" dey say. some ladies av turned emsefs to 'dumpsites', kai ! some suck! . KONGA, . i pity them, dey ar d most hit in a broken relationship, b wise . DO NOT FOLLOW MULTITUDE TO DO EVIL' . dt shows dt 'multitudes of ppl ar involved in wrongdoings, b difft, stand out n u shal b beta for it. PEACE
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Cupidkc(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2012
Very funny thread...
Well, you dont have to say it 'verbally'...just show it in your "character".
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 4:05pm On May 04, 2012
ATMC: @all, u know when u r in a rship nd things go awry, its usually difficult to talk things over just like dt...there seems to be a break in communication nd i think dt's y those lines come out d way they do, not really cos d parties r immature buh cos our emotions play us many atimes. This accounts for d reason y a rship counsellor has a break up nd a marriage counsellor gets a divorce. They r not immature, they r simply played by their emotion. This leaves most of us crying for help!
Thanks jare! I think u get it well spelled out 'emotions'. Just can't say those words (it's over). Guess it's an emotional thing after all. It's much easier 4 me to ask a lady out(Omotola) than calling it quit with sum1 (pepper seller).
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 4:09pm On May 04, 2012
Cupidkc: Very funny thread...
hmnnnn! That's what i've been tryin to tell Onegai ; but she thinks all people that goes that way are just immatures!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by denzel2009: 4:16pm On May 04, 2012
duh... its not you its me.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by bonna4u(m): 4:42pm On May 04, 2012
Breaking up doesn't have a laid down pattern. You can breakup violently, peacefully, nicodemously over the phone, on the street. No matter how you do it it must cause pain. Just chose your break up pattern in a way to suit your situation.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by sammirano: 4:50pm On May 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin: just keep it real.

don't be a punkass and text "it's over", don't call any more, or ask for some puny "break" with no intentions to reconnect.

Keep it real. Time will heal their wounds...and hopefully they won't wound you! grin

girls can be very mean, watch out...
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by coded777: 4:52pm On May 04, 2012
@Topic.
There is absolute NO-WAY you're gona break up with ur partner without tampering with their feelings, except the love wasn't there in the first place.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by espn(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2012
Yea..ders no way u break up. Wif sum1 u love wifout hurting..if for a reason u guyz v to seperate nd u v got nfn to to to save d relationship..believe me its gonna b hard breaking up wifout u both bin hurt..just dat sum1 v got to mak dat move..buh its very easy to break up systematicaly..it starts wif reducing d rate @ which u talk..call..see..care..it must b don gradually..on a way dat u dnt rily mak it obvious..dat way u v helped ur partner prepare his/her mind towards d final break up..friends its nt easy..its sumfin am goin tru @ d moment..stil in d process..nd v bin doin dis for d past 8months..its neva easy to say gudbye to sum1 u luv..so @ poster dat gal dat broke up wif her bf wif a text..is rily sick..moreova its a relationship of 5yrs..I can assure u she's has been seein sum1..for a very long else..just dat she's making fins more official nw dat she has secured a permanent place in d new guys heart!..
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 5:06pm On May 04, 2012
Whizkay: "U r so perfect nd i dnt disav u, i nid to work on my sef...blablablah. Make it sound luk u r d one wu z wrong nd shez ryt nd u wud want her to move on wif a beta guy, den walk away...it wud take ha some tym b4 she realises dat shez been dumped...it myt work nd may not..
Don't think It wud work 4 me cos I never look down on myself/d person I'm going out with; How will 'I tell her dat she's too good for me? That all is my fault! I know what the answer wud be: she will just tell me dat 'am I complaining'! Anyway, thanks dude!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by espn(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2012
Yea..ders no way u break up. Wif sum1 u love wifout hurting him/her..if for a reason u guyz v to seperate nd u v got nfn to do to save d relationship..believe me its gonna b hard breaking up wifout u both bin hurt..just dat sum1 v got to mak dat move..buh its very easy to break up systematicaly..it starts wif reducing d rate @ which u talk..call..see..care..it must b don gradually..in a way dat u dnt rily mak it obvious..dat way u v helped ur partner prepare his/her mind towards d final break up..friends its nt easy..its sumfin am goin tru @ d moment..stil in d process..nd v bin doin dis for d past 8months..its neva easy to say gudbye to sum1 u luv..so @ poster dat gal dat broke up wif her bf wif a text..is rily sick..moreova its a relationship of 5yrs..I can assure u she's has been seein sum1..for a very long time..just dat she's making fins more official nw dat she has secured a permanent place in d new guys heart!..
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 5:36pm On May 04, 2012
kk; maybe she has someone else bt the point still remains 'how could she break up with someone via text'? It's quite funny u know! Ur point is highly noted; break it gradually. Hmnnnnnnn!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 6:18pm On May 04, 2012
Cupidkc: Very funny thread...

You can show it in your character. But if I see any thread that says "2 wks of Malice and she's gone to another Man" or "NL pls advise me" (check the romance first page to understand whose thread it is) or anything like that, I will get on and laugh on the thread, like 190. Because she showed you her character rather than act like a decent person and tell you it's over.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 04, 2012
@onegai
I love the way u have explained things, and I totally agree with ür points.
There is always. A better way to do things
just treat others the same way u want to be treated.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 6:32pm On May 04, 2012
Onegai:

You can show it in your character. But if I see any thread that says "2 wks of Malice and she's gone to another Man" or "NL pls advise me" (check the romance first page to understand whose thread it is) or anything like that, I will get on and laugh on the thread, like 190. Because she showed you her character rather than act like a decent person and tell you it's over.
lol!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by SAFO(m): 6:35pm On May 04, 2012
Femi, let me school you on game. This is what you need to do.

Okay so you want to take the cowards way out abi? First you need to change your persona. Become someone totally different from the person your girl fell in love with. I mean a complete 180.

You have to do things that antagonize her. Start with little stuff and then gradually work your way up to the really repugnant type shiit. In other words just become an azzhole. Now don't become too obvious because if she has half a brain, she'll figure out what you're really up too.

Eventually she'll start pulling away from you and over time she will end the relationship which should free you from guilt since ur such a pansy azz and can't even man up and tell her how you really feel.

If you need any key phrases to use or what to focus on. Holla back and I'll let you in on some more game.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by olajide8(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2012
Onegai: The Cowardly, immature way:
1. Disappearing, no calls, no texts. The person will get the message.
2. Breaking up harshly, blame the other party completely. You did nothing wrong and you just want that person gone fast.
3. Insensitive, sending a text. When you started the rel, you did it in person. Now you avoid the messiness.

The following 3 guarantees you'll end up regretting your decision or begging whilst that person moves on and laughs. Trust me. I've done all 3, you will regret that decision. Reason being, is that how you break up reflects how you were in the relationship (Shocking!!), so breaking up immaturely shows you made an bad decision with your immature mind, hence you'll regret it.

The Good way:
1. Trying to fix things first. Everyone wants readymade nowadays: the generous good guy, the humble pretty, calm girl. No-one wants to build anything and work with flaws. So look first.
2. If that fails, call the person to a meeting. Say, "I'm sorry, this isn't gonna work out. It's both of us, we're too different/bla blah and I don't want to waste your time further. I wish you the best". Do not start laying blame. If the person asks why, assure them they'll get an answer by email in a month's time (giving you time to calmly tell the truth, rather than give a hot answer). Then don't contact them. If they say hi, say hi 6 hours later. Don't be friends, not for a while. They need to heal.

The 2nd scenario closes the door, the first slams it shut. You NEVER wanna slam any door shut in Life.
All the guys I did the 2nd one to, lovely. It hurt, but I was glad, they were glad. The first scenario left me with a lot of unfinished business and regrets and some begging. Make your choice
My EX used all the above on me
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Sike(m): 7:09pm On May 04, 2012
Na wa o! Pple badt o!!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Thespecialone(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2012
Produce a fake HIV positive test result.
The rest would fall into place.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:25pm On May 04, 2012
That's mean! Hiv test result ke. Lailai; if she no wan go make she no go!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Csami(m): 7:25pm On May 04, 2012
[b][/b]is very easy since there's no easy way out....how abt baby, i dnt luv u again so pls can we break up? Dnt try dis pls cos u might secure a black eye.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:34pm On May 04, 2012
SAFO: Femi, let me school you on game. This is what you need to do.

Okay so you want to take the cowards way out abi? First you need to change your persona. Become someone totally different from the person your girl fell in love with. I mean a complete 180.

You have to do things that antagonize her. Start with little stuff and then gradually work your way up to the really repugnant type shiit. In other words just become an azzhole. Now don't become too obvious because if she has half a brain, she'll figure out what you're really up too.

Eventually she'll start pulling away from you and over time she will end the relationship which should free you from guilt since ur such a pansy azz and can't even man up and tell her how you really feel.

If you need any key phrases to use or what to focus on. Holla back and I'll let you in on some more game.
Dat's just too coward. Like I've said 'I cant lie just to make her read the lines'. In one of my post on this thread I said something about ' Telling her that 'the dress I once told her fitted on her well; is now exposing her body too much' or she should stop sending text messages to me; when she knows I love messages especially if it's from her.' just cant do it! Anyway; d key phrases may be needed by oda pple: pls post so pple can gain from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I CAUGHT HIM: I Caught My Friend Doing This...He Thought I Won't Know [PHOTO] / Massive Bum Bum: Pretty Lady Twerk In See Through Pant In The Toilet(pics&video) / South African Woman + Nigerian Man = ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.