Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? (23177 Views)

How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / Why Do Girls Hide Their Feelings? / Should You Always Tell Someone You Love How You Feel About Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 04, 2012
I tink it's beta 1 brks up in a amicable manner. Cal d gal n ask her qstns about brk-ups n au she had controld dm in tym past. Assess her respnse. Dats wen u'd knw if she truly stil av u in her tuts. Bt if u feel u wnt a straight brk-up, dn kal her n talk it off wit her. Dat was wat ma gf did to me. Bt i tel u, d tin pain me die! N i stil av her vry much in ma tuts.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 04, 2012
Chimezie198: Bushmeat!

grin
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by czay(m): 10:26pm On May 04, 2012
There's no perfect rule for breaking up a relationship. what I believe matters most is the way both parties portray their love and how they managed it so you can then inversely use that medium to carve out a way for the break up.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by cycline404(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2012
It Will Definately come around... Since she did nothing... Or u believe u will settle for the best, in 3month u will ask the same question again... Better for one to build and re arrange the old devil than a new angel... Its a metaphor though cos this post sounds familiar...

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Hairat007(f): 4:59am On May 05, 2012
Well different strokes Foя different folks. D last relationship i had ended In Dec 2010 aπϑ it was a week †o his wedding. He was so sincere dat i helped plan d wedding, helped In d choice of wat †o wear, where to get dem, aπϑ how. But of cos d wife †o be didn't knw bout all dat. In essence as Foя ♏Ƹ o wen i go into any relationship, i don't expect anytin. Not even a satchet of pure water do i expect †o get from u , tlkmore of sometin serious so wen it finally happens, i just say to myself........... Its one of those tins
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by emiye(m): 5:35am On May 05, 2012
Girl, you are a gem!, but if you take a study of our "relationship", relation is long dead, we are only left with "ship".
Unfortunately the "ship" is also sinking. I need you alive, let's get out of this "ship" undecided undecided grin
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 6:09am On May 05, 2012
Onegai: The Cowardly, immature way:
1. Disappearing, no calls, no texts. The person will get the message.
2. Breaking up harshly, blame the other party completely. You did nothing wrong and you just want that person gone fast.
3. Insensitive, sending a text. When you started the rel, you did it in person. Now you avoid the messiness.

The following 3 guarantees you'll end up regretting your decision or begging whilst that person moves on and laughs. Trust me. I've done all 3, you will regret that decision. Reason being, is that how you break up reflects how you were in the relationship (Shocking!!), so breaking up immaturely shows you made an bad decision with your immature mind, hence you'll regret it.

The Good way:
1. Trying to fix things first. Everyone wants readymade nowadays: the generous good guy, the humble pretty, calm girl. No-one wants to build anything and work with flaws. So look first.
2. If that fails, call the person to a meeting. Say, "I'm sorry, this isn't gonna work out. It's both of us, we're too different/bla blah and I don't want to waste your time further. I wish you the best". Do not start laying blame. If the person asks why, assure them they'll get an answer by email in a month's time (giving you time to calmly tell the truth, rather than give a hot answer). Then don't contact them. If they say hi, say hi 6 hours later. Don't be friends, not for a while. They need to heal.

The 2nd scenario closes the door, the first slams it shut. You NEVER wanna slam any door shut in Life.
All the guys I did the 2nd one to, lovely. It hurt, but I was glad, they were glad. The first scenario left me with a lot of unfinished business and regrets and some begging. Make your choice
i knew girls will hop on this thread to vent their frustration at our dumping stratagem...lol. Sorry some girls are not worth that second part(the good way) at all. THE NAGGING TYPES HAVE NO REDEMPTION. Only idi.ots will desire a girl after they've dumped her.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Nobody: 6:33am On May 05, 2012
[quote author=Onegai]The Cowardly, immature way:
1. Disappearing, no calls, no texts. The person will get the message.
2. Breaking up harshly, blame the other party completely. You did nothing wrong and you just want that person gone fast.
3. Insensitive, sending a text. When you started the rel, you did it in person. Now you avoid the messiness.

The following 3 guarantees you'll end up regretting your decision or begging whilst that person moves on and laughs. Trust me. I've done all 3, you will reg
man wey sabi. tanx joor. . . . heading straight to my girl friend's house
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:02am On May 05, 2012
lol! Anyway; beg when u can:
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:07am On May 05, 2012
L u c i d:

i knew girls will hop on this thread to vent their frustration at our dumping stratagem...lol. Sorry some girls are not worth that second part(the good way) at all. THE NAGGING TYPES HAVE NO REDEMPTION. Only idi.ots will desire a girl after they've dumped her.
yes ooooo! Didn't he think it through before dumping her in the first place: like the qualification (Idi.ot). U want out then u re given out then why beg over sometin u dnt want?
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by childluck(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2012
The level of maturity of the victim will determine HOW to go about it. If I know you are sulking type, I'll visit you at home and really be casual and playful, and then "I'm here to actually discuss something very important with you, WE NEED TO BREAK-UP". Shock I really don't leave anything till another day, how you react to the news determine if you will hear my reason(s) or not. In any case once its done its done, I don't look back! .... Imaging why the victim's house and nowhere else For the hard ones --- "Anywhere is the right place" for me but " I will simply tell my reasons why I don't see us going further and walk" no room for repairs at this point! If you're not up to it don't start! Ii don't break-up without good reasons.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:51am On May 05, 2012
proffesional has enterd the building(heart breaker); how many girls ve u jilted? Anyway; got sometin when you said 'if u can't finish sometin dont start! Lol
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 7:54am On May 05, 2012
emiye: Girl, you are a gem!, but if you take a study of our "relationship", relation is long dead, we are only left with "ship".
Unfortunately the "ship" is also sinking. I need you alive, let's get out of this "ship" undecided undecided grin
Lovely lyrics! Don't try it with someone that's madly in love; or else u will ve a scar to show for your breakup. Like I ve said; nice lyrics!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by childluck(m): 8:21am On May 05, 2012
Rule no1 about breaking-up ---- SPEAK THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH !!! There is no need to pretend or be a coward. Breaking up doesn't mean you are a bad person! -if you lie to break-up then you are CHILDISH! The victim loves the truth so that they can learn and not make the same mistake again. From experience I know the victim deserves to know the True reason even if they don't appreciate it at that moment due to emotions. If your mind is made up to break-up after all efforts to mend failed, then do it and help the both of you! I have never regretted breaking-up and I you do regret then the decision was not really right then or maybe you deceived!!! Only the truth will set your mind free and that's why I really don't look back afterwards. Speak the truth and be true to yourself and you won't feel any guilt. Godspeed!!!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by MrsChima(f): 8:54am On May 05, 2012
There is no proper procedure or protocol in being honest about your feelings and expectations. Just simply express what is on your mind with tact and wish them well. You may experience angry, insultive, and physical backlashes, but at the end you cleared the air.

Be the bigger person because you are the one bearing bad news. wink
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by djeezy(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2012
phemi3: When all roads seems heading to a stumbling block n d only way out is calling it quit. Though I know there is no right time/special moment of breaking someone's heart; especially if the person is truly in love with you. My curiousity grows when my friend(girl) told me she just ended her relationship of 5yrs with a phone text message (funny isn't it). Maybe that is the reason I ended up with so many GFs! Just want to know how u pop d pop question. Or how u got d message (bang). D method being used, without much hard feelings.
These no easy way to break someone's heart. You can only mitigate or nay, alleviate thereafter.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Toppie2(f): 5:24pm On May 05, 2012
So phemi, tell me, hw did u brk up wth ur own girlfrend? Share ur experience plz!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Uzoonyibo: 5:38pm On May 05, 2012
Chimezie198: Slimyem its OVER!
simple. If she wanna go hang herself on a tree, who cares?
Mchewwww
guess u re stil a child and do not supose to contribute pls.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 8:03pm On May 05, 2012
Toppié2: So phemi, tell me, hw did u brk up wth ur own girlfrend? Share ur experience plz!
hmnnnnn! Let me quickly point out that I'm a coward! Never really brokeñ with anyone via high table nor text; just walk away without any communication(text/call). Like I ve said; I have so many girlfriends because we just walk away from each other. I know ' i might not be man of enough'. But would you have me do; when every time I confronted sum1 abt a way out; they ended up crying like sum1 being sentence to death for stealing only egg! I tried breaking with a girl on April 1st; only for me to turn it to April fool. Just cant handle those scenes.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by RIchibabe(f): 8:11pm On May 05, 2012
Chimezie198: Slimyem its OVER!
simple. If she wanna go hang herself on a tree, who cares?
Mchewwww
you re so heartless!!! RUBBISH
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Toppie2(f): 9:55pm On May 05, 2012
phemi3: hmnnnnn! Let me quickly point out that I'm a coward! Never really brokeñ with anyone via high table nor text; just walk away without any communication(text/call). Like I ve said; I have so many girlfriends because we just walk away from each other. I know ' i might not be man of enough'. But would you have me do; when every time I confronted sum1 abt a way out; they ended up crying like sum1 being sentence to death for stealing only egg! I tried breaking with a girl on April 1st; only for me to turn it to April fool. Just cant handle those scenes.
lol.u almost sounded lyk my ex. He jst went cold all of a sudden nd startd finding faults lyk....'u'r nt happy' 'u'r nt enthusiastic' 'u'r nt pasion8 bout d rel.'etc, etc. nt cosidering d fact dat i jst lost d only sis av ad al my lyf. Bt i wudnt av bn dz hurt if he had cme out straight instead of giving me attitude. Communicatn is vital even in a dying rel,if at all u av 2 kal it quit its apropra8 u sit d oda person dwn, mk hm/her undrstnd why u'v taken sch decision, dz shws u respect d oda person's feelings nd if ur partner's middle name is nt mario, he/she wud tak it wiv undrstnding nd maturity knowing fully well dat no mater hw hard it is; tym wil def heal it.
Going cold drasticaly or even gradually wil only brng hatred nd bitterness

1 Like

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by 190: 1:22pm On May 06, 2012
Onegai:

You can show it in your character. But if I see any thread that says "2 wks of Malice and she's gone to another Man" or "NL pls advise me" (check the romance first page to understand whose thread it is) or anything like that, I will get on and laugh on the thread, [size=28pt]like 190[/size]. Because she showed you her character rather than act like a decent person and tell you it's over.

Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2012
Onegai: Seriously, you don't wake up having problems in your relationship and magically fix them with a breakup. Your breakup reflects your relationship, I've seen this 100% of the time. If you go about it immaturely, you will regret, because you made that decision to break up with an immature mind. So better think things through and be slow to break up, just as you were hopefully slow to enter the rel.

maturity in breaking up? what does that mean? i am saying this for the umpteenth time, ladies need just two hours in a life time to understand a little how men think.

lemme ask you? do you know him before he asked you out? he was just any random guy in whom you were well pleased that's all. you weighed your options and fell for him out of "suitability", i don't see the need for protocols when i personally think you are no longer "suitable".
if a girl thinks that my break up strategy is immature then, that is for her friends to worry about not me.
all i will tell you is this;

" this relationship was my idea and i want it no more" depending on my mood, i may tell you why or i may just walk, if you bother my phone, i will simply remind you that i was the one that walked up to you in the grocery store, if i meant the world like she claims, the reverse should be the case.

women need protocols and strategies to be approached, need counseling to consummate and now, we need protocols to "break up" please i am not jobless.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 8:58pm On May 06, 2012
Onegai:

Actually, no. But I had to help a lot of people in their breakups, especially guys. And it always seemed the stupider stunts were pulled by them, and then they would regret it, but hold onto some reason not to try win the girl back. I'm working with 2 whom I'm trying to convince to go back to their girls: one is sitting on his hands (and when the babe marries, I will delete him if he comes crying because he did nothing), the other is too focused on his problems(some which he caused himself).

stories that touch
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by jpphilips(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: @onegai
I love the way u have explained things, and I totally agree with ür points.
There is always. A better way to do things
just treat others the same way u want to be treated.

before you join her hallelujah train, do u think that if she was the best of persons you will be breaking up in the first place?
feminism is a curse, you want to be treated with respect when the rel ship is sick of ur misdeeds? what an irony.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 3:33am On May 07, 2012
jp philips:

before you join her hallelujah train, do u think that if she was the best of persons you will be breaking up in the first place?
feminism is a curse, you want to be treated with respect when the rel ship is sick of ur misdeeds? what an irony.

The reason I stand by my words is it takes 2 to Bleep.up a rel. So if she was truly all at fault, what would it cost you to be polite while leaving, eh But the fact is that in every rel, there was misunderstanding on both sides, and the breakup merely means you've decided to try other options. Simple. So why be a goat abt it? Ask yourself: "why must I breakup harshly, why must I ignore, blank, blame, act like a bad person to leave this person if she didn't cheat on me, steal my money, kill a family member?" Why are you punishing that person for a rel not working out, when we all know not all will??
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 12:13pm On May 07, 2012
jp philips:

maturity in breaking up? what does that mean? i am saying this for the umpteenth time, ladies need just two hours in a life time to understand a little how men think.

lemme ask you? do you know him before he asked you out? he was just any random guy in whom you were well pleased that's all. you weighed your options and fell for him out of "suitability", i don't see the need for protocols when i personally think you are no longer "suitable".
if a girl thinks that my break up strategy is immature then, that is for her friends to worry about not me.
all i will tell you is this;

" this relationship was my idea and i want it no more" depending on my mood, i may tell you why or i may just walk, if you bother my phone, i will simply remind you that i was the one that walked up to you in the grocery store, if i meant the world like she claims, the reverse should be the case.

women need protocols and strategies to be approached, need counseling to consummate and now, we need protocols to "break up" please i am not jobless.
Baddest guy! Never really agreed with her anyway (onyegai); but she does have a point about being a man. Protocol/no protocol; u re bound to break. But why waste your time on perfecting the said 'protocol', when you have more demanding things to attend to. Like the part 'I'm not jobless' (me too).
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by bknight: 1:29pm On May 07, 2012
Its only when d girl is a humble and calm type I'd only consider this question. its only then I can rack my brain for a way out wit d least hurt felt. I'll talk her out of the relationship, and take blames. But a stubborn dawta of lilithe from hell? I won't give d question a thot
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 4:07pm On May 07, 2012
hmnnnnn! If she's humble as you proclaim then why break her heart when she still loves you? Okay I get it; 'it's nt about you; it's all about me'. Oga oooo; different issue from different folks!
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by phemi3: 4:14pm On May 07, 2012
Toppié2:
lol.u almost sounded lyk my ex. He jst went cold all of a sudden nd startd finding faults lyk....'u'r nt happy' 'u'r nt enthusiastic' 'u'r nt pasion8 bout d rel.'etc, etc. nt cosidering d fact dat i jst lost d only sis av ad al my lyf. Bt i wudnt av bn dz hurt if he had cme out straight instead of giving me attitude. Communicatn is vital even in a dying rel,if at all u av 2 kal it quit its apropra8 u sit d oda person dwn, mk hm/her undrstnd why u'v taken sch decision, dz shws u respect d oda person's feelings nd if ur partner's middle name is nt mario, he/she wud tak it wiv undrstnding nd maturity knowing fully well dat no mater hw hard it is; tym wil def heal it.
Going cold drasticaly or even gradually wil only brng hatred nd bitterness
ok ooooooooooooo! Will try your way some oda time! Just dat 'it's nt as easy as u guyz potray it. But either way; time will definately heal it.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Csami(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2012
phemi3: Baddest guy! Never really agreed with her anyway (onyegai); but she does have a point about being a man. Protocol/no protocol; u re bound to break. But why waste your time on perfecting the said 'protocol', when you have more demanding things to attend to. Like the part 'I'm not jobless' (me too).
'protocol' is 4 dose dat still have the relationship at heart. People dat want 2 still remain frnds.
Re: How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? by Onegai(f): 7:12pm On May 07, 2012
Alright, boys and girls! Let's talk about some wonderful stories!!

Once there was a young man who bleeped and ran, avoided his babe, who wept, lost weight and wondered why her bf was. Then he showed up and OMG! It was all her fault they broke up.
She then worked for a HR firm (starts with M,on Marina) and this bobo (who didn't know she now worked there) submitted cv to oil n gas firm (starts with M). He never saw her. He also doesn't know why his contact in the firm didn't push his cv to the top of the pile (trust me, they helped my ff to get a job at M that way). It got deleted once his ex told his contact (along with evidence) what he did.

Story, Story!! When one bobo decided to insult and vanish, babe begged and cried. He even accused her of loving her ex, whom she hadn't spoken to in years. So she freed him (this gist is on NL, I saw it last year n laughed because I knew the 2 of them, and my mum had gone to beg babe's mum for leniency). Bobo didn't know his mum owed babe's mum N1mil. His family is now avoiding babe's mum. Babe's mum is planning humiliation for bobo's father. Not even bobo.

Or the one where the girl pulled away and ran, and poor boy (a diabetic stressing) was begging and trying to pls chick where no send am and no wan tell am true, she dey play with his feelings. She ran to the US, came back and wanted to work in Advertising. Boy na very big dude in that industry (he made his first milla at 25 and has huge contracts). Shey she called for help. She now works for Lagos state govt, as contract staff on N10k per month.

Be kind, it costs you nothing. It doesn't matter what she did, if she didn't steal, cheat or kill, say goodbye politely. All these stories are VERY true. Slam no doors in life, if you can avoid it. You don't know what's happening behind your back. Just say "this isn't working out, I wish you the best, take care". If the person feels like crying, at least you were honest and play with no-one's emotions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Bum Bum: Pretty Lady Twerk In See Through Pant In The Toilet(pics&video) / South African Woman + Nigerian Man = ? / Can You Trust Your Best Friend With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.