Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (30732 Views)

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. / My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Mike & Gloria Bamiloye With Their Children Looking Great In A Sunday Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by asudan: 10:52pm On May 18, 2012
My dear friend u r forced to believe a prophet or man of God even when you study your bible keep it to yourself after all his members are not complaining.Most of his teachings are in the bible and to a large extent he doesn't go astray.Let me you if you try what you just post,you will regret ever trying.For those who are insunatn that pastors are gods,they are not it is just the anoiting and power that differentiate them from men and as such they are human like me and you.Respect them(pastors,imam e.t.c) even though you think they are fake because one day you may find yourself behaving like them wheather you like or not.I would advice you to seek help from other bible believing church if you are not still convinced except you want to act a drama that will draw the attention of people who may see you as someone insane or a satanic agent from the pit of HELL.MANY R CALLED FEW ARE CHOSEN.The worst or wicked person you see today may be Jehovah's favourite and vice versa.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 18, 2012
Laalamed: Who ordains oyedepo as man of God?did Jesus or his apostles slap anyone to expell demons.?my advice for op is to study bible.jehovah witnesses offer free home bible studies at ur convenient time and place.they will help to know what bible really teach.u can now make informed decision.

Jehovah witness ko, Yehovah waiting ni.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by asudan: 10:57pm On May 18, 2012
My dear friend u r forced to believe a prophet or man of God even when you study your bible keep it to yourself after all his members are not complaining.Most of his teachings are in the bible and to a large extent he doesn't go astray.Let me tell you if you try what you just post,you will regret it .For those who are insunatn that pastors are gods,they are not it is just the anoiting and power that differentiate them from men and as such they are human like me and you.Respect them(pastors,imam e.t.c)even though you think they are fake, because one day you may find yourself behaving like them wheather you like it or not.I would advice you to seek help from other bible believing church if you are not still convinced except you want to act a drama that will draw the attention of people who may see you as someone insane or a satanic agent from the pit of HELL.MANY R CALLED FEW ARE CHOSEN.The worst or wicked person you see today may be Jehovah's favourite and vice versa.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 18, 2012
Ozegbe: After reading MAN OF GOD FEEDING THE (or) ON THE SHEEP.
I learnt so many things and i will advice any christain who wants to live a fulfiling life according to the word of God read this book too, so you wont fall prey.
NOW back to the topic...very soon and i mean sooooon i will attend one of oyedepo's sunday service and interrupt his sermon with some highly disturbing questions, and i hope he will answer accordingly because whatever he does that day will be recorded.
AM JUST TIRED OF ALL THESE FRAUD STAR AND I THINK IS TIME SOMEBODY GIVES ANSWER TO REAL LIFE QUESTIONS

Be careful so that they will not label you as a Boko Haram terrorist sent to blow up his church.

If they do,I can confidently assure you that you will receive much more than slaps and blows. Maybe you may not live to tell the tale.

My advice is to let sleeping dogs lie. For now at least.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by omotola1(m): 11:29pm On May 18, 2012
Ozegbe, i guess u are a BABALAWO, coupled with the fact that u have traces of heavy madness in ur head. The devil residing in u chest will laugh u to scorn after ur demise @ d entrance of Canaan land. Did they teach u in that ur book to confront pastors? There are millions of pastors, why the Choice of Oyedepo? You be confirmed MUMU!
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by jidewash(m): 11:39pm On May 18, 2012
ProPastorChris: rubbish

why don't you go start your own ministry and show us how to run it the right way?

or else get a job seem you are jobless
thanks,4 telling him d truth
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by healthexpert: 11:43pm On May 18, 2012
Abeg no try that one oooo
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Martini101(m): 11:59pm On May 18, 2012
Jesus. Guys una blood d hot oh! Make una free d OP now. The guy only said dat he 'll ask Oyedepo questions and nothing more!! And U guys re making it look as if he has commited a crime. Whatz d harm in 'a' or 'some' question{s}? Religion is really an Opium 4 sm people.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Amakasondiva(f): 12:07am On May 19, 2012
KOLLYDAP: Some issues are discussable and some are expected to be permanently disabled because of its sensitivity.It baffles me if we can come to place like this and be discussing MOG.Its an abomination.We must reasonably distract our attention from this to avoid the wrath of God.The scriptures advises we leave the servant to the master for judgement.Who are you and I to judge and be making mockery of the anointed in a forum like this.A child of perdition turns deaf ears on wisdom talk. A word ,I beg, is enough for the wise.Let us avoid it and discuss life-giving,hope resurrecting issues and it will be better for us.God bless you all hard!!
KOLLYDAP: Some issues are discussable and some are expected to be permanently disabled because of its sensitivity.It baffles me if we can come to place like this and be discussing MOG.Its an abomination.We must reasonably distract our attention from this to avoid the wrath of God.The scriptures advises we leave the servant to the master for judgement.Who are you and I to judge and be making mockery of the anointed in a forum like this.A child of perdition turns deaf ears on wisdom talk. A word ,I beg, is enough for the wise.Let us avoid it and discuss life-giving,hope resurrecting issues and it will be better for us.God bless you all hard!!
plz tel them oo. Other sins can be forgiven but the sin of blasphemy against d holy spirit cant. Rememba: touch not my annointd and do my prophet no harm.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Amakasondiva(f): 12:07am On May 19, 2012
plz tel them oo. Other sins can be forgiven but the sin of blasphemy against d holy spirit cant. Rememba: touch not my annointd and do my prophet no harm.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by henks(m): 12:42am On May 19, 2012
On that day two things will happen , is either you surrender your life to christ or you run mad. just make a choice now.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by fifi007: 12:49am On May 19, 2012
Bros don't let any of diz comments fez u. My people perish for want of knowledge. Don't be afraid 2 ask wat u want 2 ask. U have seen d light share it and don't b afraid of prosecution. I dey ur back. Email me ur number, BB pin or any reachable contact thru darkchild56ng@yahoo.co.uk we might have a lot 2 talk abt.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by johnwell(m): 12:58am On May 19, 2012
ProPastorChris: rubbish

why don't you go start your own ministry and show us how to run it the right way?

or else get a job seem you are jobless
i wonder how many books he has read yet. Small children with unnecessary noise. Maybe he just wanted to be noticed. Wait, I dong vex, come, you no dey read books on good governance and corruption? Have you not seen what your leaders you voted with your own hand are doing, how many have you challenged? What has Bishop done to you, you anticirist christian. You've not started reading yet. Go and look for exploit in ministry and read. "Idad"
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by rosscoe: 4:46am On May 19, 2012
with all the churches dotting every nook and cranny still the economy is full of corruption. When na hustler wey full all the pulpits. Them no go talk wetin matter or how government dey mess up. na instead to dey pray for government. I beg my brother go and ask your question. Maybe some of those sponsoring the airline business and religious enterprises would put there money to better use like adopting orphans
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by greatlee(m): 5:01am On May 19, 2012
buzugee: right grin grin grin grin but only after oyedepo has delivered a barrage of satan-destroying slaps

grin grin grin grin grin nairaland... the most interesting social media
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by kcng: 6:21am On May 19, 2012
There is really no need to confront pastor Oyedepo about any thing U̶̲̥̅̊
Might be man handled by his brain washed followers who have refused to read their bible to know the truth of what is acceptable and what is not. I'm sure he knows he has missed it but God is still hoping he will change and stop dishing out poison to his congregation and stop milking them dry.
One thing I learnt from the bible is that God grants us our heart desires. God knows when u desire Him. God also knows if u only want His goodies but don't. Need Him. So he gives u a teacher according to ur heart desire. Many people have tried to correct past Oyedepo but it fell on deaf ears. He will receive his reward according to his works.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by DrDre1(m): 6:41am On May 19, 2012
Hmm...there are many ways to commit suicide.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by fuke(m): 6:52am On May 19, 2012
@poster

How can get the book?
jidolconsul005@yahoo.com
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Oluwa4Sure: 6:59am On May 19, 2012
OP. As much as I would love to follow you with my entire village to the church on that very day(to support you in every way we can).

First I would like you to understand that morally - it is wrong. Like somebody stated, they have a service for that and you can
go and ask your question there on that day. . . .

Then from the bible's pespective.
Remember the servant of David that tries to support/hold the Ark of Convenant(when it was falling to the ground)?
can you still remember vividly what happened that veru instance? Answer: He was stroke dead by GOD at that very instance.

Lesson: Please don't try to fight for GOD - NEVER!!!

Still the same bible say false prophet sha rise. . . . . . . . . . . . . And shall deceive many. . . . .
These are the words of GOD coming to pass here. And you want to stop it? Are you trying to stop GOD
or trying to fight for him? ?? ?

Goodluck
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by omotola1(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2012
The boy has “Mad Cow“ disease just like Denny Crane in BOSTON LEGAL... Lolz
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by HRT2010: 8:47am On May 19, 2012
Some things here in Nairaland are really strange.
Someone (maybe Seun) is responsible for allowing topics to make the front page or simply pushing topics to the front page. I wonder what the objective and motive of such person is!
Just a few questions:
1.How come several topics that cast aspersions on christian leaders always make the front page? Are they the political leaders who have brought untold hardship and woes upon our dear nation?
2. Why are we not seeing topics on Islamic leaders (maybe accusing them of not restraining the excesses of their members eg BH in the north or why are some receiving funds from Al-kaida)?
3.When topics on BBA (that tear down our moral fabric as African because of the tacit promotion of flirting and immorality) are being discussed, how come these same people who eagerly castigate christian leaders have nothing to say against BBA? Come to think of it, which responsible person delights in watching other people taking their shower?

I think it is clear that christian ministers are men of God and not God of men; and as men, they are fallible. But even if they fall, God has an ordained way of disciplining them and straightening them out, and I know that destructive criticisms and peddling of hatred on Nairaland is NOT one of such ways.
Peace be upon us all!

1 Like

Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 8:51am On May 19, 2012
HRT 2010: Some things here in Nairaland are really strange.
Someone (maybe Seun) is responsible for allowing topics to make the front page or simply pushing topics to the front page. I wonder what the objective and motive of such person is!
Just a few questions:
1.How come several topics that cast aspersions on christian leaders always make the front page? Are they the political leaders who have brought untold hardship and woes upon our dear nation?
2. Why are we not seeing topics on Islamic leaders (maybe accusing them of not restraining the excesses of their members eg BH in the north or why are some receiving funds from Al-kaida)?
3.When topics on BBA (that tear down our moral fabric as African because of the tacit promotion of flirting and immorality) are being discussed, how come these same people who eagerly castigate christian leaders have nothing to say against BBA? Come to think of it, which responsible person delights in watching other people taking their shower?

I think it is clear that christian ministers are men of God and not God of men; and as men, they are fallible. But even if they fall, God has an ordained way of disciplining them and straightening them out, and I know that destructive criticisms and peddling of hatred on Nairaland is NOT one of such ways.
Peace be upon us all!
Very dumb post..

Mention at least 5 muslim leaders.
How does BBA destroy the African fabric? Who makes up its audience? Who are the participants? Keep living in hypcorisy...

God doesn't discipline anybody. The pastors know that. 'I needed a bike. I know how GOD works. So I stole one and asked him for forgiveness'
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by PhysicsQED(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2012
The first few responses to this thread are hilarious.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by PhysicsQED(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2012
Image123:
he sounds deranged already. This are the kind of people you suddenly find in the front begging pastor to forgive them and confess to witchcraft and family generational curses.

I don't have anything against the OP but this is funny. grin grin
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 19, 2012
Features of True Religion

Consider the practices and teachings of first-century Christians:

* They looked to God’s Word as their guide.—2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21.
* They taught that Jesus was God’s Son, distinct from God himself and subordinate to Him.—1 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Peter 1:3.
* They taught that the dead will return to life by means of a future resurrection.—Acts 24:15.
* They were known overall for the love that prevailed among themselves.—John 13:34, 35.
* They did not worship merely as individuals but were organized into congregations and were united under overseers and a central body of elders that looked to Jesus as Head.—Acts 14:21-23; 15:1-31; Ephesians 1:22; 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
* They were zealous preachers of God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope.—Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20; Acts 1:8.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 9:58am On May 19, 2012
How to Recognize People Who Love God

Those who truly love God stand out, particularly now that we live in what the Bible calls “the last days.” Increasingly, people are “lovers of themselves, lovers of money, . . . lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God.”—2 Timothy 3:1-4.

How can you recognize people who love God? The Bible says: “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments.” (1 John 5:3) Love for God moves people to respect the Bible’s moral standards. For instance, God’s Word has laws on sex and marriage. Sexual relations are permitted only within marriage, and marriage is to be permanent. (Matthew 19:9; Hebrews 13:4) When a woman in Spain who studied theology attended a meeting where Jehovah’s Witnesses were eagerly studying the Bible’s moral laws, she noted: “I left feeling upbuilt, not only by the enlightening Scriptural talks but also by the unity that exists among these people, their high morals, and their fine behavior.”

In addition to their love for God, true Christians are easily identified by the way they show love for their neighbors. Their most important work is speaking to others about mankind’s only hope, the Kingdom of God. (Matthew 24:14) Nothing can bring more lasting benefits to their neighbors than to help them gain knowledge of God. (John 17:3) True Christians also show their love in other ways. They extend practical help to those who are suffering. For example, when an earthquake caused disaster in Italy, a local newspaper reported that Jehovah’s Witnesses “operate in a practical way, extending a hand to those who suffer, without worrying about which religion they belong to.”

Besides loving God and neighbor, true Christians love one another. Jesus said: “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:34, 35.

Is the love that true Christians have for one another noticeably different? A housemaid named Ema thought so. She works in La Paz, Bolivia, where ethnic differences often separate the rich from the poor. She said: “The first time I went to a meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses, I saw a well-dressed gentleman sitting and conversing with an Indian lady. I had never seen that before. In that moment, I knew that these must be God’s people.” Similarly, a young Brazilian woman named Miriam said: “I did not know how to be happy, not even in my family. The first time I saw love in action was among Jehovah’s Witnesses.” In the United States, the news director for a television station wrote: “If more people lived the way your faith does, this nation wouldn’t be in the shape it is in. I am one newsman who knows that your organization is founded on love and a strong faith in the Creator.”
Seek True Worship

Love is a distinguishing feature of true worship. Jesus likened finding true worship to finding the right road and choosing to walk on it. It is the only road that leads to everlasting life. Jesus said: “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.” (Matthew 7:13, 14) Only one body of true Christians walks unitedly with God on the road of true worship. Therefore, it does matter which religion you choose. If you find that road and choose to walk on it, you will have found the best way of life, for it is the way of love.—Ephesians 4:1-4.

Imagine what joy can be yours as you walk on the road of true worship! It is like walking with God. From God you can learn wisdom and love so as to enjoy good relationships with others. From him you can learn about the purpose of life, and you can understand God’s promises and have a hope for the future. You will never regret seeking true worship.

True Christians are recognizable because they practice love
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 10:11am On May 19, 2012
@op
if u never heard about story of arc bishop idahosa and a young pastor, i will quickly tell u. The young pastor in a conference stood up intentionally to ask bishop an humiliating and embarassing questions in the presence of international ministers. After pulsing for a while, the only answer the bishop gave was YOU ARE FINISHED. Within 7 days, the young man was dead. Pls dont create death sentence for ur self.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by rhymz(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2012
Hhahahahhaha.....guy take am easy o...but i understand where you are coming from.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 10:22am On May 19, 2012
4bobo: @op
if u never heard about story of arc bishop idahosa and a young pastor, i will quickly tell u. The young pastor in a conference stood up intentionally to ask bishop an humiliating and embarassing questions in the presence of international ministers. After pulsing for a while, the only answer the bishop gave was YOU ARE FINISHED. Within 7 days, the young man was dead. Pls dont create death sentence for ur self.

BULLSHIT...
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Bestlyf: 10:24am On May 19, 2012
djeezy: Bewildering labyrinth of facts and blustering desire for publicity. Is this how to make a name?
Probably anticipating to make some money. I hope he would be at the front seat that day in order to be heard, if not the congregation will be the one to shut him up.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by rhymz(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2012
4bobo: @op
what kind of stooopid and brainless way of reasoning is that. That is Murder in case you do not know. Are you saying Idahosa was a Murderer?? What kind of man kills another man because he questioned him? Are you this dumb??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / Stephanie Otobo Finally Confesses To Lying Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.