Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (30736 Views)

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. / My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Mike & Gloria Bamiloye With Their Children Looking Great In A Sunday Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by lifestyle1(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2012
moyeen morra: pls ooooo im nu here and im liking it but ive gat no friends yet......... cry how do i get u?

u don't make friends here, go register on faceboook if u need friends.. grin
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by MeandSum: 11:12pm On May 22, 2012
KOLLYDAP: Some issues are discussable and some are expected to be permanently disabled because of its sensitivity.It baffles me if we can come to place like this and be discussing MOG.Its an abomination.We must reasonably distract our attention from this to avoid the wrath of God.The scriptures advises we leave the servant to the master for judgement.Who are you and I to judge and be making mockery of the anointed in a forum like this.A child of perdition turns deaf ears on wisdom talk. A word ,I beg, is enough for the wise.Let us avoid it and discuss life-giving,hope resurrecting issues and it will be better for us.God bless you all hard!!

Body... better remove your head from your behind. Have you ever asked yourself why "God" only "talks" to your pastor? Exactly... because he is the figment of your pastor's imagination. You people blindly follow.

You should try reading the bible with you eyes opened and brain working sometime.... we are in really deep sh it when educated people like yourself still believe in talking snake and talking donkey.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 24, 2012
u re d biggest fool i hv ever seen! i pray our God forgives u, Amen
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by omosexy1: 10:32pm On May 24, 2012
@OP when exactly do you intend to do this. You seem convinced already and I would love to get feedback. However, my sincere suggestion is that you should abandon your action. You will only make him more popular and get yourself into unnecessary trouble (like swollen face from serious slaps, broken ribs from people who intend to deliver you from what I don't even know). However, if you are too stubborn and brave enough, make sure you come out alive and unhurt. Then inform us here (don't forget to post video clip too). Also, it has to be this year oh. Good luck
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by truetalk4real: 9:42am On May 30, 2012
Why did every one believe dis guy will get hurt if he challenge Oyedepo, pastor get richer followers get poorer th e y turn church to something else many of u followers čα̣̣̥
п̥̥
t afford to take their child to faith nur & pri or cannaland uni & yet all dis re built with followers offering & tithes, how many of u church member ca n talk to Oyedepo one on one or how of u followers see Oyedepo face to face am sure if u ve problem u cannot see Oyedepo & tell him ur problems. People should be very careful d way the y worship their so called man of God only God know who is serving him
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by sammyelo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
We undatsand its end time but God is not morked either. Try yourself, God is able to defend His own. Sometimes we Christians tend to be over protective. Go on with your plans boy, except he is not sent will you not receive a shocker of your live. Pls do feed us back after ur mystery.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by ayduamah: 1:27am On Oct 09, 2012
Well I've read the passage abt '...touch not my annointed...'I'm sure that does not ask the congregation to be GIGO.same way some of u will accept the news of divorce by their pastor as the true wisdom of God and forget what d word says abt d institution of marriage and the sanctity of the union and the family.na una sabi,wt upside down understanding of the word and mugushious following.
My advise bros,before u go challenge am sha,try ask Timaya hw dem play am like el classico,if u hear that story you go confront the pastor from d comfort of ur internet.salvation is a personal race,let God judge who he pleases.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by lolaben(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jobless people. Forgetting the things dat are important and focussing on less important stuff. Does the bishop know anyone here? Work out ur own salvation with fear and trembling, Christianity is a personal thing. No matter what u say, Bishop is higher than u. Honor is given to whom it is due
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by ProPastorChris(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2012
@ ozegbe
After reading MAN OF GOD FEEDING THE (or) ON THE SHEEP.
I learnt so many things and i will advice any christain who wants to live a fulfiling life according to the word of God read this book too, so you wont fall prey.
NOW back to the topic...very soon and i mean sooooon i will attend one of oyedepo's sunday service and interrupt his sermon with some highly disturbing questions, and i hope he will answer accordingly because whatever he does that day will be recorded.
AM JUST TIRED OF ALL THESE FRAUD STAR AND I THINK IS TIME SOMEBODY GIVES ANSWER TO REAL LIFE QUESTIONS

still waiting for your plan as stated above undecided
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by Chidibabamck: 4:25am On Aug 19, 2013
Hmmmm dis get interesting sha. Any way just passing
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by uzoexcel(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
I will just put up a short write up on our idea of a man-of-God and also religion
RELIGION AND ITS ROLE IN NIGERIA
Our underatanding of the duty of a man of God is really weird especially when one is a Nigerian and i seriously think its a big problem for us.(I am a xtian so dont accuse me of been against religion). Why arent our spiritual leaders tackling and denouncing issues having to do with tribalism and even bad government policies which impact on the life of their flock? There will be nothing wrong if my/your pastor takes a stand and say Mr minister of transport, why are the roads in ABC local government bad?Why are our children at home when they should be in school? Staying in the UK, you come to understand that we Nigerians dont know the difference between what God should do and what Government should do for us;we attribute everything to God.... I once got on a bus years ago enroute Enugu from Portharcourt... There was a pastor who stood up to pray and told everyone to pray against the spirit of blood sucking demons/witches/wizards on the road that cause accidents...After a while i couldnt take it any longer and told him to shut his trap and to stop using religion to blackmail people as thatz what we suffer in Nigeria...A blind man knows that these roads are bad and are death traps and ur driver has to move from one lane to another to avoid portholes popping up everywhere..Why wouldnt there be accidents?Why wouldnt there be loss of lives?I asked the pastor 'who is your minister of transport/works?' and he had no idea...The politicians are the witches/wizards....ThIS episode typically summarizes the attitude of every Nigerian to matters of the nation.. Here in the UK, i dont need to start praying against road accidents cos the governments make sure there is not a single porthole in any major road and you have the right to sue them if you suffer any accident..THAT IS GOVERNMENT'S WORK AND NOT GOD'S WORK..Have we asked ourselves that why is it that its usually underdeveloped countries that talk of demons/witches..The USA,Russia,Germany are worse 'sinners' than us but they are world powers?China doesnt have any religion but they taking over the world including Nigeria?

Another issue lies with the emphasis on 'sowing seeds' thingy and other convoluted messages which arent designed to change or improve the life of the citizenry one bit...Even Jesus Christ took matters in his hands and was furious with the peeps misusing the temple for trading activities..He voiced out against the pharisees,sadduceess, rulers etc..ditto for other prophets like Elijah/Elisha/etc who never failed to reprimand the politicians/rulers of their time whenever they erred.How many of these pastors have ever called the Government or minister of roads and transport or minister of education etc on the ongoing issues in their various sectors which are affecting the lives of nigerians...Why will a pastor just start preaching and emphasizing on 'been filled with the holy spirit'/'tithing' when one quarter of his flock are students who are at home cos ASUU is on strike and he wont for once condemn the people in charge?The people are his flock..A pastor is talking about building a 3km podium and asking his flock to donate thousands and millions for that?Is that what the people need?aOur pastors now go on private jets while half of the flock cant afford a car?And if his excuse is that he has to get to places where he is needed on time, why has he never condemned the minister of avaition or whoever is in charge to boost/better the services of the airlines?Do they ever ask themselves what Jesus wouldav done?

For those who talk about men of God and saying we should not judge...see the link below and compare to our modern day pastors to see the difference!!!So many of us forget that Martin Luther King Junior was a baptist minister. If he was a Nigerian pastor, would he have stood still while Nigeria continues failing everyday? He was killed for his belief but he will forever be remembered in history...You tell me? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

This is another link also by a white man on how Martin Luther KIng Junior changed his life.I will briefly summarize
'Between that racially appalling world and this racially imperfect one strode Martin Luther King. We don’t know if the world would have changed without him, but we do know he was a rod in the hand of God. He was used in the mighty hand of Providence to change the world so that the most appalling, blatant, degrading, public expressions of racism have gone away. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his life to change the world. And toward the end he was increasingly aware that “the Movement” would cost him his life. The night before he was assassinated by James Earl Ray outside room 306 of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on April 4, 1968, he preached at the Bishop Charles Mason Temple. He had come to Memphis to support the black sanitation workers. For a brief window of time — just long enough — MLK was able to use his voice to restrain violence and overcome hate: “We are masters in our nonviolent movement in disarming police forces. They don't know what to do.” He kindled a kind of fire that no dogs could quench and no fire hoses could put out. It was “a dangerous kind of unselfishness.” Like the Good Samaritan. “The Levite asked, ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But the Good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?’
So dangerous it would cost MLK his life. And he saw it coming. That morning there was a bomb threat on his plane from Atlanta to Memphis. He felt it coming. So he closed his sermon prophetically: 'We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now, because I’ve been to the mountaintop. And I don’t mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life — longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God’s will. And He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over, and I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. And so I’m happy tonight; I’m not worried about anything; I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Ten hours later he was dead. http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/martin-luther-king-changed-my-world-and-i-am-thankful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFcbpGK9_aw

This is my idea of a man of God...I give kudos to the Anglican,methodist,catholic priests and also pastor tunde bakare and chris okotie who at least condemn injustices/bad policies in the system and take a stand on issues...Whats ur pastors stand on boko haram, ASUU strike, bad roads, fuel subsidy/I rest my case.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by luluosas(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2013
Ozegbe: After reading MAN OF GOD FEEDING THE (or) ON THE SHEEP.
I learnt so many things and i will advice any christain who wants to live a fulfiling life according to the word of God read this book too, so you wont fall prey.
NOW back to the topic...very soon and i mean sooooon i will attend one of oyedepo's sunday service and interrupt his sermon with some highly disturbing questions, and i hope he will answer accordingly because whatever he does that day will be recorded.
AM JUST TIRED OF ALL THESE FRAUD STAR AND I THINK IS TIME SOMEBODY GIVES ANSWER TO REAL LIFE QUESTIONS
Plleeeaaaassssseeeeee, don't just go there. I bet you that, right there you will be handcuff and whisk away to Kirikiri Maximum Prisons.
However, should you desire to help people get out from the grip of pastors mesmerizing them for their selfish ego, start to write the truth you have discovered without the tendency to pulling anybody down. God bless you.
Re: One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. by mcfynest(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2013
its over a year now.....have you done it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.