Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,931 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38598 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:06pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! You will always be bitter at being exposed as a counterfeit. How can an Itsekiri man come from an Ijaw village? Wonders!
Face the topic and vent your childishness elsewhere, I'm too busy. Thanks.

Shut up jor!!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by gp66(m): 5:06pm On May 20, 2012
this poster is a devil. For u to quote the president wrongly that his statements are treasonable is a treasonable felony on ur part. @poster, u must be sentenced to death by hanging for such post. 4 GEJ to say lets reassess ourselves back from 1914 has become a treason. Nigerian posters pls mind ur posts.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:07pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

I agree, the Igbo man is a very greedy man. undecided

Wetin concern Igbo man with this?! Its like some of you guys like tribal bashing, abi?!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 20, 2012
PhysicsQED: I don't understand how this is even a thread, or on the front page. Buhari is talking about dogs, baboons, lions, tigers and bears like a parable giver, but GEJ is addressing reality and talking like a human being in plain English yet sophists are straining to make his words have whatever meaning they want them to. Ridiculous.

Is it right for the president of the country to make such a statement??

What happened to the qualities of a good leader, who should lead by example?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, do not be in any doubt; whenever we hold the meeting, it wouldn't be something the elite that keep your people down as almajiri's will be able to influence. It will be a people to people, heart to heart, almajiri to area boy, fisherman to cattle rearer, hunter to farmer discussion.
Single word, "people." cool

You can claim not to be bitter, but you sound it. Many Southerners too are bitter, the Middle Belt is bitter, the ND is bitter, the SE is bitter. Why pretend?
It is best to talk before bitterness explodes. It is the mature approach to problem solving. Even if we part, why should we be like India and Pakistan, always at war? Do you know both countries where once one?

we r not india and pakistan, and when we go, trust me i will want nothing to do with ya region, to prove it to you i'll export my almajiri stuff through cotonou or lome grin grin grin grin we are tired of meetings we want actions. period

besides everything under GEJ is bound to fail!! tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 20, 2012
PhysicsQED: I don't understand how this is even a thread, or on the front page. Buhari is talking about dogs, baboons, lions, tigers and bears like a parable giver, but GEJ is addressing reality and talking like a human being in plain English yet sophists are straining to make his words have whatever meaning they want them to. Ridiculous.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:08pm On May 20, 2012
Before I go, let me make it clear one more time, THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH GEJ'S SPEECH!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 5:09pm On May 20, 2012
jason123:

Not really. As I said earlier, I read your post and it came out to me that you know just a little about Nigeria but tried to bulk your "knowledge" with Pan-African ideology (which does not apply to Nigeria, you better believe that). Well beauty, Nigeria is more complex than you think. . . . I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread!

Really complex walahi!
With all these drama sef!

Nigeria is a country in a million!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2012
ayobase:

Sometimes, there wont be a way forward if there is no argument.
And we all learn from this always!

But, they shld be constructive ones!

I have always criticised ALL GOVERNMENT constructively viewing that we are all Nigerian and we are equal in all respect. In fact immediately GEJ won the election. As a patriotic Nigerian that views everyone as equals I jumped ship to support my New president and leader of my country. I was and still against ACN (Even Beaf can attest to that) because I view them the same.

The change started just like many posters here on Nairaland during the fuel subsidy Beaf unleashed the most hateful bigoted statement ever by calling others leeches. Insult those that don't show undying support to GEJ etc.

That sir I cannot accept. From your name, Ayo I guess you are from the west. If right Beaf sees you are a parasite. fact !

Just saying
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 20, 2012
gp66: this poster is a devil. For u to quote the president wrongly that his statements are treasonable is a treasonable felony on ur part. @poster, u must be sentenced to death by hanging for such post. 4 GEJ to say lets reassess ourselves back from 1914 has become a treason. Nigerian posters pls mind ur posts.

Thank you! THANK YOU!! smiley

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by melvournis(f): 5:11pm On May 20, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
wesley80: OK I get it now, this is like that kare jini biri jini BS where some dumbo comes out to interpret what was actually meant right?
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jason123: 5:11pm On May 20, 2012
ayobase:

Really complex walahi!
With all these drama sef!

Nigeria is a country in a million!

You can say that again!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cool cool cool

Mzdarkskin you have not answered my question. Moreover why are you affirming a post that suggest Nigeria to split ? Are you Nigerians by any chance ? Yes or No

why do you a jamacian have so much interest in Nigeria particularly the eastern Nigeria ?

anything tickle your fancy or something ?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by samstradam: 5:13pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

Haba GEJ was right. There is nothing tresonable about the statement.

Maybe not treasonable but clearly some one in his office should not spread that sort of sentiment. Like I said earlier in the Military of most countries's you will be kicked out for that statement and any leader of a civilsed country who aired these kind of sentiments would be forced to resign.

Take the US for example, if Obama said the aquistion of Texas was a mistake all because they don't support gay marriage, he'd be on the first plane back to Nairobi before I could say Jack Robinson.

We never do things right in Nigeria and that has always been our problem.

Oh and like I said before, I agree the amalgamation was a mistake.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 20, 2012
jason123:

grin grin grin
I like your style! Okay, keep it up! wink[size=4pt]women! dem no go gree! cheesy wink[/size]

wink wink
shymmex:

She ain't my sister... She's whoever she's - a lying JAfrican scum, who only come on NL to co-sign what she has no clue about, and talk shyte about Nigeria on the sly... undecided

LOL my feelings are not the ones hurting so I could CARELESS! grin
Dig inside yourself...you know the truth. smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

Mzdarkskin you have not answered my question. Moreover why are you affirming a post that suggest Nigeria to split ? Are you Nigerians by any chance ? Yes or No

why do you a jamacian have so much interest in Nigeria particularly the eastern Nigeria ?

anything tickle your fancy or something ?

Are you asking me a question or making [b]a$s[/b]umptions?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ezer(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2012
I gez some people (alj harem, divideus...) do nt understand d meaning of SNC. @kobo, ur words are indiscernible...u know wat buhari statement caused last year, yet u prefer to tag GEJ's statement treasonable over Buhari's. @op and kobo, lemme put it this way; wat IF the british knew nigeria wud bcom a failed state, and they still went ahead wit their intentions cos of their selfish interest. Wud it be wrong for d president to identify the mistakes made by the british and proclaim it? Or shud we live on the mistakes because it was made by the british? Note the conj. If
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On May 20, 2012
samstradam:

Maybe not treasonable but clearly some one in his office should not spread that sort of sentiment. Like I said earlier in the Military of most countries's you will be kicked out for that statement and any leader of a civilsed country who aired these kind of sentiments would be forced to resign.

Take the US for example, if Obama said the aquistion of Texas was a mistake all because they don't support gay marriage, he'd be on the first plane back to Nairobi before I could say Jack Robinson.

Thank God say some people still dey wey at least know say they deserve more than they are getting with the crop of people we call leaders, and the prevalent mentality among Nigerians.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
Based on who we are?
LMAO!! grin You are the same one who said JAMAICANS ARE AFRICANS and got mad when I said I was JAMAICAN AND BLACK AMERICAN...YOU TOLD ME TO NEVER FORGET WHERE I CAME FROM, and now AFTER having been schooled you are flipping the script. I came from Africa and must not forget but I am not to offer my opinions? If the Yoruba and Igbo are not the same as according to you, THEN YOU CANNOT SUPPORT THE IDEOLOGY OF BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS BECAUSE BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS IS ABOUT BLACK AWARENESS AND ULTIMATELY UNITING THE RACE! H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E cool

Black consciousness is not about uniting the black race - it's about solving Africa's problems based on a AFRICAN PERSPECTIVE... What don't you understand about that You're African doesn't mean you're Nigerian - can you peep the difference?? Offer your opinions on threads about Africa, not Nigeria's national issues.. This is about Nigerians - just the same way I can't badge into Jamaica's national issues... We need to solve Nigeria's problems before thinking about unity in Africa - our house is burning!!

What you are is YORUBA-CENTRIC...not Afro. Centric.
You could careless about Africa at large, you only care about what is best for your tribe...Considering my original post I NOW SEE why you are mad. cool

You're retard/ed grin Call it whatever you want to call - but Yoruba culture is what's inborn inside of me, and what I was raised on - and that's what would definitely be my outlook to life... And the last time I checked, Yoruba is in Africa. cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 5:17pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez some people (alj harem, divideus...) do nt understand d meaning of SNC. @kobo, ur words are indiscernible...u know wat buhari statement caused last year, yet u prefer to tag GEJ's statement treason over Buhari's. @op and kobo, lemme put it this way; wat IF the british knew nigeria wud bcom a failed state, and they still went ahead wit their intentions cos of their selfish interest. Wud it be wrong for d president to identify the mistakes made by the british and proclaim it? Or shud we live on the mistakes because it was made by the british? Note the conj. If

Post the statement here. Our Presido is questioning the territorial integrity of Nigeria and you are defending it. By the Oath sworn by Jonathan, it is Treason for him to make that statement. If he wants to become an activist, he should stem aside. But as President, his job is to solve the problem.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:17pm On May 20, 2012
samstradam:

I see what you mean but we need to see things from him point of view as well. GEJ was talking in terms of the problem from 1914 that are still facing this nation for example his statement was an anology of the "South must produce president" "North must produce that"

You see, he is talking in terms of North and south division.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:19pm On May 20, 2012

Its the unfortunate reality of todays Nigeria where politicians who thrive on the status quo of chaos, see quick win personal gain in fanning the embers of our disunity (even if it means innocent deaths); they call think their primitive approach "opposition." Naturally anyone who wants to forge a real unity is their mortal enemy.

The only way we can ever have a real unity is if we sit down and talk. Why are some scared shiitless of the prospect?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:
LOL my feelings are not the ones hurting so I could CARELESS! grin
Dig inside yourself...you know the truth. smiley

Who cares about how you feel, just stay in your lane.. I only comment on issues about Nigeria, or probably blacks in the UK.. You won't see me talking about Jamaica to Jamaicans - nor American to African Americans... Heck, I don't even comment on issues about the UK, the country - despite living there all my life... I know it's not my country - and my opinions don't count... You should do the same, JAfrican!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:20pm On May 20, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Are you asking me a question or making [b]a$s[/b]umptions?

Actually I am respectfully asking. smiley

I am making no assumptions. Although if I make any assumption then I guess I have a right to make such giving the fact that you are interested in Nigeria politics and also biased towards the east most especially the "Igbo people".

I hope I have not sounded rude, but I am just curious smiley
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 5:21pm On May 20, 2012
samstradam:

Thank you my Brother. How can the C-in-C of a diverse armed force such as Nigeria's make such a divisive statement. A statement that could divide the military which he commands thus risking a mutiny. The man is more intelligent than this and should wake up!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 20, 2012
ezer: I gez some people (alj harem, divideus...) do nt understand d meaning of SNC. @kobo, ur words are indiscernible...u know wat buhari statement caused last year, yet u prefer to tag GEJ's statement treason over Buhari's. @op and kobo, lemme put it this way; wat IF the british knew nigeria wud bcom a failed state, and they still went ahead wit their intentions cos of their selfish interest. Wud it be wrong for d president to identify the mistakes made by the british and proclaim it? Or shud we live on the mistakes because it was made by the british? Note the conj. If

you wey know wetin SNC mean tell me this

wetin hapun to the national conference under abacha? talk talk talk with no result.

SNC is useless in a country like nigeria, govt will steal ya money again and pay the fools there to return what the govt wants. you want to be honest about it, go to the people, the towns, villages etc (with foreign observers) and go from there
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:22pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs:

we r not india and pakistan, and when we go, trust me i will want nothing to do with ya region, to prove it to you i'll export my almajiri stuff through cotonou or lome grin grin grin grin we are tired of meetings we want actions. period

besides everything under GEJ is bound to fail!! tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't want to talk, because you are scared stiff. I understand.
But it won't be for you to decide when the time comes, cos 99.99% of the country wants to talk and forge a structured way forward.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2012

It is unfortunate that you do not understand my position.

Yes sir I know what SNC means, I am not against SNC or GEJ infact my position here is clear. Why is Beaf still insult abokis when they support SNC as well
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:23pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

Who cares about how you feel, just stay in your lane.. I only comment on issues about Nigeria, or probably blacks in the UK.. You won't see me talking about Jamaica to Jamaicans - nor American to African Americans... Heck, I don't even comment on issues about the UK, the country - despite living there all my life... I know it's not my country - and my opinions don't count... You should do the same, JAfrican!

If you live in a tiny World, why try to include those who can see beyond the walls?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2012

Where have u been brother?
In short u r welcome!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2012
DivideUs:

you wey know wetin SNC mean tell me this

wetin hapun to the national conference under abacha? talk talk talk with no result.

SNC is useless in a country like nigeria, govt will steal ya money again and pay the fools there to return what the govt wants. you want to be honest about it, go to the people, the towns, villages etc (with foreign observers) and go from there

My brother, you have said it all but but but !!! We need SNC fast so each region can bring our their potential.

If we do not get this SNC likes of Beaf would keep insulting us. Fact
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 5:24pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Thank you my Brother. How can the C-in-C of a diverse armed force such as Nigeria's make such a divisive statement. A statement that could divide the military which he commands thus risking a mutiny. The man is more intelligent than this and should wake up!

Escapism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

IPOB Replies Northern Groups On Killings: Don’t Start Fight That Won’t End / Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody / Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.