Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17805 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 9:01pm On May 22, 2012
O-Liar! O-jigbi jigbi! O-ga o! grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf: O-Liar! O-jigbi jigbi! O-ga o! grin

Why are you obsessed with the 'O' thing? Don't you think it's getting now, after three weeks? undecided
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Doluseun(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2012
I voted 4 gej in 2011 bcoz i dnt any northerner from ne and nw 2 be president nd i'll still vote 4 him in 2015 if d se failed 2 feed a credible candidate or even d nc
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 22, 2012
Damn!! Why did you guys mess up a good thread?? cheesy grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2012
shymmex: Damn!! Why did you guys mess up a good thread?? cheesy grin

Are you serious or are pissed cos you missed the parry ?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 22, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:
Are you serious or are pissed cos you missed the parry ?

Nah, I'm detribalized!! I don't do tribal denigration unless someone pisses me off... And I have a lot on my plate at the moment to get involved in silly tribal rants on NL... sad
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 9:12pm On May 22, 2012
@Gbawe: I'm not analyzing things from the perspective of the UK or France (for obvious reasons). Nor am I analyzing things from the perspective of the US.

The point is, if the PDP puts forward:

1. Charismatic presidential candidate from region A
2. VP from region B

and the opposition does the same exact thing...they will lose. It has nothing to do with the US specifically. Just human nature and psychology.

Someone is presented with two nearly identical options, yet one is already in power...naturally they'll feel inclined to back what they view as the stronger side.

In general, my analysis comes from my beliefs about human nature. This is also what informs my views on American politics. Not vice versa.

Who knows, maybe it will take a few more years of banging your heads against the wall with strategies that will obviously fail before you guys perceive this truth about human nature grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 9:12pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem: Well I am hoping Jmaine's eyes are now opening

Mind explaining to me
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 9:13pm On May 22, 2012
shymmex:

Why are obsess with the 'O' thing? Don't you think it's getting now, after three weeks? undecided

My brother, I really feel sorry for him. A truly sad and broken record stuck repeating the same note because of an unhealthy and thread-derailing obsession with others.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 22, 2012
@Odenigbo Aroli

I'm even posting incoherent stuff right about now.. smiley So, what do you think about the topic?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 9:15pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, I really feel sorry for him. A truly sad and broken record stuck repeating the same note because of an unhealthy and thread-derailing obsession with others.

O-Liar! O-jigbi jigbi! O-ga o! grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:

The bolded part had me falling off the bed! Bwahahahahahahahaha....

Beaf, gets paid posting on NL for PDP - and I guess his payment depends on the number of comments he posts daily. So, I see why he keeps stalking people who are bored of antics. cheesy
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 9:26pm On May 22, 2012
Even as a child, I was always suspicious of trying to win a game when someone else sets the rules.

Perhaps after failing in 2015, 2019 and possibly 2023 (if Nigeria still exists), the opposition will learn that "appeasment" (as Gbawe calls it) doesn't work as a strategy.

Beating a man at his own game is folly. Much better to force him to play an entirely new game, one in which the rules are not to his advantage.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 22, 2012
Useless cuntry called nigeria
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 22, 2012
bashr8: of course everybody hates pdp but what can we do when the only available option is buhari , i said it till opposition field a candidate that is fair to all concerned and credible wnigeria will never leave PDP , [size=15pt]if cpc or acn wants to win let them field and igbo(soludo , rochas or ngige) candidate with north or middle belt vp and watch miracle happen in 2015.[/size]

gbam!!

rochas, ngige or soludo for 2015! then we are talking.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 22, 2012
ngige/fashola will win
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 22, 2012
soludo/el rufai will win too
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 22, 2012
any other combination na lai lai
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 9:37pm On May 22, 2012
Agreed. Even Yoruba/Igbo, Igbo/Yoruba, Igbo/North (three permutations the PDP is unlikely to do) has a much better shot than simply blindly copying what the PDP does, out of respect for so-called "appeasement."

It is simply stupid to offer somebody the fake brand of a beverage when the PDP is offering the real thing.

Is a strategy doomed for failure.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 9:37pm On May 22, 2012
shymmex:

The bolded part had me falling off the bed! Bwahahahahahahahaha....

Beaf, gets paid posting on NL for PDP - and I guess his payment depends on the number of comments he posts daily. So, I see why he keeps stalking people who are bored of antics. cheesy

When you people talk about this getting paid thing, don't you think you sound like id!ots?
Do you really think PDP needs NL, or is it just your low IQ?
Dude, eat a lot of beans, fish, fruit and veg, Drink milk and eat banana's. These things keep your brain up to speed.

Low self-esteemed donkey. You think Peckham is Nigeria?
Have you been able to find out the name of your village yet? Bought a ticket yet?

Cow.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 9:38pm On May 22, 2012
Where is Gbawe, the liar jare! grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 9:50pm On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear:

Wtf? Intellectual? No nonsense? Where is the evidence of this? Is this manifesting itself on the ground in his state?

Why would anyone even bring up Aliyu's name when a man like Fashola is alive.

I don't understand why you guys love bringing up the name of people who failed to govern Northern Nigeria well, but then want them to become president.

Your always try to find faults in people especially names known to be quite competent and very loaded upstairs . .You confidently feel it is Fashola or no one else . . .

You dismissed Sule Lamido for being gay . . . and also questioning why i chose to mention Babangida Aliyu . . . .Forget about sentiments . . .Only a few Governors both past and present in Nigeria can match his intellect . . . . Niger state might not be as buzzy as Lagos in development index due to obvious factors . .But he is trying his best . . .What makes you feel a certain Babatunde Fashola doesn't have a weak spot to attract ferocious political attacks . .the mere branding him a Tinubu puppet,lackey and conduit pipe for siphoning money from Lagos State coffers is enough to dent him seriously when the mud slinging begins . .You think he is immune to political attacks ? . .Think again bruv . . .

p.s Quit being dogmatic about your choice . .Fashola is good . .but there are other choices as well and Aliyu is one even though he belongs to the Notorious PDP clan cool . . .
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, everything , first and foremost, will proceed from candidates securing the ticket of Political Parties. Without the PDP, GEJ is nothing and Mr. President himself knows it. Many insisting the Presidency "must" come to their region in 2015 are also zero if they cannot secure the PDP ticket. This is the harsh bottom line.

let us see what will happen now that GEJ has lost the sympathy of Northern Governors who delivered the delegates he needed to defeat Atiku previously. Many Northern Governors had their own ulterior motives for working with GEJ to defeat IBB and Atiku. They simply wanted to position themselves better for 2015 while truncating the ambition of very strong Northern candidates who are preventing the next generation of Northern leaders from coming to the forefront. Many of these Governors are on their second term and have nowhere to go in 2015. They won't find it so easy to be pro-South in future when there is no self-serving incentivemotivating their thinking.

If , as I think the case will be, the PDP throws up a combo of very visible No+rtherner and charismatic/well respected Southerner (eg Donald Duke) then watch as a broad opposition coalition tries to do the same. It is very difficult to defeat a very influential/bullying/rigging ruling Party unless you beat it at its own game using its own tactics. I think a coalition will not embrace a risky gamble in 2015. They will settle for a combo that ticks all the boxes for equity/appeasement of the system/ strategising for the future/ peaceful and harmonious terrain for incoming President etc, etc, etc.

Trust me Gbawe, if GEJ decides to run for a second term, there is nothing those governors can do. The structure in PDP is arranged in such a way that it's almost impossible to challenge whoever is ruling at the central. For instance, you will notice that PDP tickets usually go to compromised candidates. It's like an unwritten law, before they put you in a position, you must be having a serious issue like having a corruption case, being incompetent, being unhealthy, being gay,drunkard, womaniser etc something they can use against you in case. If any of those governors raise dust, he will simply be declared corrupt or something. he will be too busy defending himself that election matter will not even arise. Remember Sylva? Remember the PDP chairman removed based on corruption charges of N10million only to be replaced with another of N110million?

Apart from that, these guys have played too much ethnic/religious divisive politics to risk returning power to the northerners at this point.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 22, 2012
hmmmmm, 2015 is still 3 years ahead and people are busy killing themselves with insults here, ndo nu. Let 2015 come first am sure GEJ will still win if he contest and thats what i feel the North is afraid of thats why they are not even talking about wining him rather they are talking of stopping him from running for re-election in the first place.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by carlos86: 10:20pm On May 22, 2012
Why should south west support north when acn can easily bring out tinubu or fashola?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf: The good thing is that we are only in 2012, a full 3 years away from 2015.
By 2015, the Gbawe's and similar traitors/subversives/O-Liars would be totally irrelevant to the future direction of Nigeria. In fact, they would be in a drowning mans battle, because Osun would have gone to the PDP (possibly Edo too) leaving the traitorial ACN with just 3 or 4 states.

Nobody really cares about the Gbawe's (and other O-Liars) who are only in pain, because their desperation for awuf has seen them making alliances with the devil that calls for his dogs and baboons to be soaked in blood.

Gbawe, you will be totally irrelevant, come 2015. Make your noise now, only to fizzle out in foolishnesh like Atiku, its a familiar road.

Just have to respond to the bolded. LOL

Nitori ki aditi ba le gboro, la see so o l'oju omo re. (Na because we want the deaf to hear us, na im we dey speak for im pickin face)

Any attepmt to get Osun through the backdoor will be seriously resisted. Politics is to SWest, what religion is to the northerners. The baboon and the dog story will be a child's play.

Well, I had to smile at the anger on my face because of a rat like you. You are not to be taken seriously though.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Ufeolorun(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2012
Jonathan would have lost the election or would have just scrapped a seriously controversial win if the Acn didnt 'arrange'.He would have been out-rigged by the acn in Lagos and Ibadan and that's it.
Jonathan stands no chance really,he should just be preparing a war chest to bribe as usual.
If cpc starts building up a massive resistance in the north now and not wait till 5 months to the election and eventually seal deal with acn then forget a pdp headed by clout-less.
A Northerner at the head of the ticket is just the sanest strategy at the moment.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2012
Ufeolorun: Jonathan would have lost the election or would have just scrapped a seriously controversial win if the Acn didnt 'arrange'.He would have been out-rigged by the acn in Lagos and Ibadan and that's it.
Jonathan stands no chance really,he should just be preparing a war chest to bribe as usual.
If cpc starts building up a massive resistance in the north now and not wait till 5 months to the election and eventually seal deal with acn then forget a pdp headed by clout-less.
A Northerner at the head of the ticket is just the sanest strategy at the moment.

Why @ the bolded?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Ufeolorun(m): 11:07pm On May 22, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Why @ the bolded?
They feel cheated and are angry hence they can be easily galvanized add them to people like me self who are gutted by the shocking incompetence.Fashola is cool but would be too beholden to the acn structure and the strongman.We need a strong figure looking at what we are going through right now
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 22, 2012
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by emiye(m): 11:10pm On May 22, 2012
The North will most likely need the south west to bank on if they would be taking the reigns of power in 2015.

The real 2015 war aim is to wrestle power from the PDP by the opposition, As it stands none of the opposition parties can single handedly present a winning candidate, unless if PDP presents a dead man.

If ACN presents a Fashola, he wont sell nationwide to become the president, while he would do creditably well in the south west(over 70% of votes), i doubt if he would get 30% of the votes in the South south and south east region(reasons like OBJ a yoruba man left in 2007,e.t.c), and a worse result in the north west and north east awaits him.

If CPC presents Buhari, (he is the strongest candidate in the oppostion), he also wont sell nationwide to become the president.he would get over 60% of the votes in the North east/west, or even more if GEJ recontests, and perform woefully in the south south/south east and even the south west(worse than the 2011 polls).

It would be foolish to think ethnic sentiments is still not what sway a greater chunk of voters in presidential elections.

The way forward is to present a candidate that appease the "foolishness and ethnic sentiments" of an average voter.

A merger between Buhari and fashola seems the best. A buhari that can win a large chunk of North west and North east votes seems to have more strength than a Fashola that can win a large chunk of South west votes.

A solution is a Buhari / Fashola Candidate as Presidential / vice presidential candidate, it is the strongest and sure bet in 2012 to wrestle power from PDP. The political equation might change though in 2015, as 3 yeras from now is a lonnnnnnnnggggg time in politics
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 11:12pm On May 22, 2012
Any ticket with Buhari as lead/head fails . . .Sad truth you all have to bear cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others / Buhari In Sokoto For 10th Anniversary Of Sultan Of Sokoto (pics) / Governor Wike Suspends 13 Local Government Council Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.