Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17786 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 10:33am On May 22, 2012
Well, maybe I shouldn't say "we" are not desperate for power.

The ACN probably is. Out of greed, they'll probably willingly accept some sort of stupid deal in which they sell their influence too cheaply.

However, your typical Yoruba man will not view things in the same way as a short-sighted ACN might.

Patience unfortunately is a virtue that many lack..

3 Likes

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2012
breezy047:
I dont subscribe to this.
Boko haram during the time of yaradua and OBJ was like a viper that has no fangs. . .
Their pepetrations were mild and did not shake the entire country. . .
But what happens when power suddenly jolted out of the hands of Northerners and shifted to Jonathan. . .
Suddenly boko haram had fangs and gained supports and funds. . .
So what are we talking about here? That all these is attributed to mere usual fanatism?
Fanatism itself is a tool in the hands of northern politicians.
Based on the way the northerners SEE their religion, perhaps its easier to convince them 'hate' and REBEL against a president who does not fully represent their BELIEF. . .

I'm with EKT_BEAR on this. . .the northerners would always try to DISRUPT the reign of any in POWER who is not a notherner. . .

What most of you don't understand is that Nigeria (as long as it exist) will always be a Northern, and Southern protectorate - regardless of all ethnic factions in both the North and South.. So, I see why the North always want power back after a Southern ruler - regardless of the tribe..

There are no permanent friends in politics, and we as Yoruba need to go with the side - which will benefit us the most... To be honest, Igbo politics will never be in the interest of the Yorubas because they're to individualistic to speak with one voice... And the Ijaws have proven to be almost similar to them... GEJ became the president of Nigeria because of SNC, and Obasanjo (Yoruba man) - but what have gained from his presidency?? All the juicy ministerial positions went mostly to Ijaws, Igbos, and Northerners..

The North on the other hand will always speak with one voice, as long as Islam is their religion (sad but true lol).. Politics is a game of numbers, and we will definitely benefit from aligning with the North than other parts of the South - from the upper Delta, to across the river Niger..

History 101: Southern politics have NEVER benefited Yoruba since the inception of Nigeria.. 1959, 1963, 1966, 1979, 1992, and 1999 - we were BETRAYED by the SOUTH!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 10:38am On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:
The SW has started an experiment that the right President, wherever he is from, can help it finish. You are only insinuating that Yoruba folks are tribalistic with your constant talk of how we will not be "motivated" if a Yoruba Presidential candidate is not available. I think we have moved beyond that.

Lol. OK, then in 2015, shout "tribalism" as loud as you like grin

Maybe your shouts of tribalism will be enough to make people dance in the streets to be voting for Atiku.

They should be overjoyed, ecstatic at seeing the better man (who incidentally is their son) shoved aside for say an Atiku. Or whichever other random bum from the North will get their support grin

You had better restrategize.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 10:40am On May 22, 2012
They themselves have said zoning is dead. So why are you so happy to zone it to them, Gbawe?

Makes zero sense

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 10:42am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear: What sort of Yoruba man could in good conscience support say an Atiku over Fashola?

I don't think that you truly believe in your heart of hearts what you are typing, Gbawe...no sane human being would prefer Atiku to Fashola as president.

You are only holding fast to this because it is the way you have been politically conditioned grin

Well, zoning is DEAD.

GEJ killed it. Atiku and the rest of the Northern politicians have agreed.

So anyone can contest in 2015. Anyone can be president. So there is absolutely no reason that in any potential alliance we should accept VP.

Guy, are you at all reading what I am writing? My views on Atiku are well known here, to include how I think he should never be President, and I would appreciate you understand that once and for all.

My point you keep failing to understand is that the SW may be very interested in a North Presidency/South-West VP arrangement.

Atiku will do his PDP thing, that I can never support, but you remain blind to how an ACN controlled SW may do it's own coalition thing that will put up a decent Northerner as a Presidential candiate with a popular Southerner (Fashola or Oshiomhole ,for example, as VP).

Pay attention and you will see a broad opposition coalition forming that will include everyone in the effort to defeat the PDP. This coalition, for many pragmatic reasons, may believe it is best to settle on a Popular Northern Presidential canditate with a Fashola or Oshiomhole Southern type as VP. This coalition may simply be taking its lead from the PDP as we saw in 2015 when non-PDP politicians publicly declared zoning to be a PDP affair while they tacitly demonstrated belief in it with the candidates they promoted.

I think your problem is that you believe it is only the PDP capable of producing Nigeria's President. This is why you continue to think erroneously that I support an Atiku Presidency. Atiku, IBB et al will do their thing in trying to produce what they feel the system will accept. Tinubu, Buhari, El Rufai et al will do their thing also. We all saw this in 2011 with the ACN fielding a Northern/SW ticket. Nothing may have changed much in 2015 for those who will be involved in the process ordinary Nigerians have no say in i.e the emergence of candidates for political Parties. That is my point. If it is deemed , for many reasons, that Fashola is best promoted as VP to a Northerner in 2015, then that is what will happen.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by olyivy(f): 10:45am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear: What sort of Yoruba man could in good conscience support say an Atiku over Fashola?

I don't think that you truly believe in your heart of hearts what you are typing, Gbawe...no sane human being would prefer Atiku to Fashola as president.

You are only holding fast to this because it is the way you have been politically conditioned grin

Well, zoning is DEAD.

GEJ killed it. Atiku and the rest of the Northern politicians have agreed.

So anyone can contest in 2015. Anyone can be president. So there is absolutely no reason that in any potential alliance we should accept VP.

Even apes in the forest can spot the difference from there! grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Johndoe100(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2012
Let's hear it for NL. PDP is dead, all the govs in the north have agreed to retire to their cows. Why is there this constant and never ending self deception on this board? PDP is suddenly going to implode and CPC and ACN are going to stroll into Aso Rock? Apart from any thing else in this country the FGN holds unimaginable powers. They still have 3 years to go. None of you are listening to the acheivements of the government, but the people who vote are listening. The message is getting out, a lot remains to be done but we have started.
Forgive me if I so rudely tried to bring you all into the real world, PDP lost the last election here anyway right? It was what happened in the real world that counted then too.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 10:47am On May 22, 2012
Atiku is simply an example. By the way, I mentioned him because you did.

"ACN controlled SW"...heh.

You ACN dudes are absolutely tripping if you think you'll get enough people to follow you behind some incompetent northerner.

Or maybe "ACN controlled SW" means that if the ACN says so, people will also vote for a frog for president grin

I think you are badly misjudging the amount of influence the ACN has on people when it comes to voting for presidency.

Your best bet is to find the best man you can find, a man who will be very popular in the SW.

Otherwise, you are wasting your time..
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Geniro: 10:49am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear: They themselves have said zoning is dead. So why are you so happy to zone it to them, Gbawe?

Makes zero sense

Classic, am confused at peeps [b]pendulum [/b]inclination to pin down zoning solely as PDP thing which is correct, and also angling for it in the name of peaceful pragmatic politicking.

Chukwuma Soludo and Ken Nnamani are on their own, they don't define other people opinion and belief
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 10:50am On May 22, 2012
Anyway, from the way you are talking Gbawe, I can tell already that any project you guys embark on is doomed to failure.

You'll shove aside Fashola in favor of some lesser incompetent Northerner who is unknown and unpopular in the SW.

And that ticket will be crushed in 2015 by GEJ.

Hopefully Fashola will be smart enough to let some other id1ot accept VP on the ticket. grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2012

The North would align with the South-West... The North being the President and the South-west being the Vice.. (just like they did with the Buhar1 & Bakare Ticket).. They would also do the same muslim/christian partnership.. BUT..

1. The South-South and the South East remain unruffled as they would rather go to war than see another Hausa man become president before them..

2. The South-west would be torn down the middle as they are indeed a politically complex region..

3. The Norths only chance at having a clear shot at the presidency is the P.D.P... And they will try (really really hard), but they would fail because the PDP knows that in a free and fair election, it would eb hard for a northerner to win the presidency (irrespective of political party)..

4. When they lose the PDP, they would rally behind the CPC (under a concensus candidate), get the ACN to join them and like 2011, they would also fail...

5. The South East know that they really do not stand a chnace with the crop of politicians they currently have so they would align with the South South incumbent to go for another term!

6. Unfortunately, Jonathan would recontest and would win the residency of Nigeria for a second (and 1/3) term in office..
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 10:59am On May 22, 2012
Johndoe100: Let's hear it for NL. PDP is dead, all the govs in the north have agreed to retire to their cows. Why is there this constant and never ending self deception on this board? PDP is suddenly going to implode and CPC and ACN are going to stroll into Aso Rock? Apart from any thing else in this country the FGN holds unimaginable powers. They still have 3 years to go. None of you are listening to the acheivements of the government, but the people who vote are listening. The message is getting out, a lot remains to be done but we have started.
Forgive me if I so rudely tried to bring you all into the real world, PDP lost the last election here anyway right? It was what happened in the real world that counted then too.

Buhari already told you what will happen if PDP wins in 2015... That's what I'm interested in, and how the country can break into pieces... I would rather live in a Yoruba country, than be lorded over again by a clueless Ijaw man, simples...

Atiku, GEJ, David Mark, Babangida and their likes shall be consumed in 2015. If they want to rule, they can do that from their graves, or declare their own country in their house, and lord over their wives and kids.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 11:00am On May 22, 2012
The good thing is that we are only in 2012, a full 3 years away from 2015.
By 2015, the Gbawe's and similar traitors/subversives/O-Liars would be totally irrelevant to the future direction of Nigeria. In fact, they would be in a drowning mans battle, because Osun would have gone to the PDP (possibly Edo too) leaving the traitorial ACN with just 3 or 4 states.

Nobody really cares about the Gbawe's (and other O-Liars) who are only in pain, because their desperation for awuf has seen them making alliances with the devil that calls for his dogs and baboons to be soaked in blood.

Gbawe, you will be totally irrelevant, come 2015. Make your noise now, only to fizzle out in foolishnesh like Atiku, its a familiar road.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija: 2015...

The North would align with the South-West... The North being the President and the South-west being the Vice.. (just like they did with the Buhar1 & Bakare Ticket).. They would also do the same muslim/christian partnership.. BUT..

1. The South-South and the South East remain unruffled as they would rather go to war than see another Hausa man become president before them..

2. The South-west would be torn down the middle as they are indeed a politically complex region..

3. The Norths only chance at having a clear shot at the presidency is the P.D.P... And they will try (really really hard), but they would fail because the PDP knows that in a free and fair election, it would eb hard for a northerner to win the presidency (irrespective of political party)..

4. When they lose the PDP, they would rally behind the CPC (under a concensus candidate), get the ACN to join them and like 2011, they would also fail...

5. The South East know that they really do not stand a chnace with the crop of politicians they currently have so they would align with the South South incumbent to go for another term!

6. Unfortunately, Jonathan would recontest and would win the residency of Nigeria for a second (and 1/3) term in office..

Hehehehehehehhehehehhehehehehehehe

Tell Okija shrine, he got it wrong this time... GEJ will be re-elected in the Ijaw creeks to lord over militants....
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by PointB: 11:01am On May 22, 2012
We know clearly who the Dogs[/b]are by their blood letting, now may the real [size=18pt][b]baboons [/size] please stand up.

Core North courts S'West! It has to be! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 11:02am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear: Anyway, from the way you are talking Gbawe, I can tell already that any project you guys embark on is doomed to failure.

You'll shove aside Fashola in favor of some lesser incompetent Northerner who is unknown and unpopular in the SW.

And that ticket will be crushed in 2015 by GEJ.

Hopefully Fashola will be smart enough to let some other id1ot accept VP on the ticket. grin

Say what you want. Things are certainly not as simple as you think they are. Events have borne this out but you and others seem to deliberately prefer neglecting real occurences. Your continous talk about "incompetent Northerner" is distasteful and almost banal. It is as if , dogmatically, you think Fashola has to be a Presidential candidate for Yoruba folks to be interested in 2015. That is wrong. Running Nigeria effectively will best be achieved by a coalition of good guys in many strategic positions.

It would help also if the peace and political harmony exist also to facilitate this. No one wants to "shove aside Fashola". It is about looking pragmatically at what our very flawed system can accept. There is no point, for example, pretending we a politically sophisticated Nation . Absolutely no point whatsoever doing that.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2012
I need to start flying my Oodua republic flag - that's the future! cool

Proud to be Yoruba!!

Proud to be from Remo!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:14am On May 22, 2012

Your continous talk about "incompetent Northerner" is distasteful and almost banal.
To me, it is more distasteful that you want to make an alliance with Northerners w/o even knowing who they will support. If they suggest a goat as president, you'll still accept VP.

It is as if , dogmatically, you think Fashola has to be a Presidential candidate for Yoruba folks to be interested in 2015. That is wrong. Running Nigeria effectively will best be achieved by a coalition of good guys in many strategic positions.
Again, you keep trying to tribalize this. 10% of it is tribe. But 90% of it is competence. Northern Nigeria simply doesn't have any candidates that are as qualified or capable as Fashola, in my humble opinion.

Like, again, name some names. Mention some of these Northern politicians more qualified for leadership than Fashola.

Why must we look for a president from a place lacking in good leadership? Methinks northern political talent would best be served fixing their states, no?

It would help also if the peace and political harmony exist also to facilitate this. No one wants to "shove aside Fashola". It is about looking pragmatically at what our very flawed system can accept. There is no point, for example, pretending we a politically sophisticated Nation . Absolutely no point whatsoever doing that.
You can rationalize it however you like. However, it won't help you get the desired results.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:17am On May 22, 2012
Even their one performing governor, Sule Lamido is supposedly gay, and thus probably has a 0% chance of being chosen by the northern power-brokers (not to mention that he is in the PDP and seems to be a GEJ supporter..)

I am very curious to hear some names from you Gbawe.

People who have performed or who are performing, and who have a reasonable chance of being popular in the SW specifically and in the south more generally.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Ufeolorun(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2012
A sane political party would cash in on the discontent in the north by fielding a northerner to boot PDP out ,at least to clear the way.A dead pdp is a good thing for Acn and the Sw.
Nasir Elrufai would be a great candidate oloun.
Elrufai//Fashola Ain't bad atall

If acn had refused pdp offer and stood firm like Aregbe its unlikely we would be saddled with such a Monumental shock so anyone ascribing political strength to the result of last election should think again he's got zero capital but loads of bribes sha

I think Sws. are not really keen anymore (after ObJ) about who's there as long as something tangible is happening.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 11:22am On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:

Say what you want. Things are certainly not as simple as you think they are. Events have borne this out but you and others seem to deliberately prefer neglecting real occurences. Your continous talk about "incompetent Northerner" is distasteful and almost banal. It is as if , dogmatically, you think Fashola has to be a Presidential candidate for Yoruba folks to be interested in 2015. That is wrong. Running Nigeria effectively will best be achieved by a coalition of good guys in many strategic positions.

Your useless party simply bullies the Fashola's and thrusts bushmen like Aregbesola forward. It is well known that ACN is going to put Tinubu forward in 2015 rather than Fashola.
In case you don't know, Fashola is the only interesting thing in ACN.

Keep lying, everyone can see how Fashola is kept on a very short leash with constant threats of impeachment. But you will tell us that it is PDP that has been getting ACN to launch impeachment attempts on Fashola. Or it is PDP (and not ACN) that has led the contant threats to "deal with" Fashola to keep him in line? If anything, PDP wants Fashola (and for his own protection against dogs and baboons, he will yield cool).

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:25am On May 22, 2012
Gbawe, in the interest of keeping this discussion relatively focused, please ignore Beaf.

No reason to let people bait you.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2012
The reason why some states are developing and the country at large is not developing is because people like Fashola, Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Dora Akunyili are not allowed to become the president of this country. The best they can do is to run an institution or state.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 11:30am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear: They themselves have said zoning is dead. So why are you so happy to zone it to them, Gbawe?

Makes zero sense

My guy, your misinterpretation on this thread is certainly hinting at a lack of comprehension I would not ordinarly associate you with.

What have I zoned to anyone? Politics , in Nigeria, is still very much a game of kingmaking, appeasement and 'balances' regardless of how you want to talk of Nigeria as if it is the USA. We are still at the stage, and will be until we separate, where kingmakers will still deem certain considerations 'equitable', 'appeasing' and 'desirable'. They start things rolling before you and the man in the Street even gets the chance to vote.

Better to acknowlegde this key stage than speak ignorantly of it.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:32am On May 22, 2012
Gbawe. My point should be obvious. It is not us who needs to appease them.

They need us more than we need them....

That is the import of "why are you so happy to zone it to them."

They are not in a position to make any demands...

It is us who should be appeased in any alliance, not them..
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 11:34am On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear:
To me, it is more distasteful that you want to make an alliance with Northerners w/o even knowing who they will support. If they suggest a goat as president, you'll still accept VP.

Again, you keep trying to tribalize this. 10% of it is tribe. But 90% of it is competence. Northern Nigeria simply doesn't have any candidates that are as qualified or capable as Fashola, in my humble opinion.

Like, again, name some names. Mention some of these Northern politicians more qualified for leadership than Fashola.

Why must we look for a president from a place lacking in good leadership? Methinks northern political talent would best be served fixing their states, no?

You can rationalize it however you like. However, it won't help you get the desired results.

You are simply on a different tangent and I think much of what you write stems from how you simplistically view Nigerian politics to be what it is not. It would be like me discussing American politics without fully understanding the nuances that are unspoken yet very important. Let us agree to disagree. God will keep us all safe to see 2015.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:35am On May 22, 2012
Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree. I suppose in a few years time, we'll find out if my analysis was overly simplistic or not.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 11:37am On May 22, 2012
Lesson 101 of desperation and O-Duncehood:

1. Ally with those who regularly make calls for dogs and baboons to be soaked in blood.
2. Defend their statements like you are a dog gone mad.
3. In your awuf luv'n phuck calculations, forget that you are losing states like Osun and possibly Edo.
4. Start screaming your plans for 2015 in 2011.

...Gbawe, the clever guy!

O-Dunce.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 11:39am On May 22, 2012
Though I should ask. Will you supply this list of excellent northern candidates? Men very qualified to govern Nigeria, men who will be a substantial upgrade over GEJ?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2012
afam4eva: The reason why some states are developing and the country at large is not developing is because people like Fashola, Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Dora Akunyili are not allowed to become the president of this country. The best they can do is to run an institution or state.

Do you suffer from myopia or something??

Why include a tried and tested Fashola, in the same sentence as untested Soludo; political awareness bankrupt Okonjo Iweala; and utterly corrupt, and two-faced Dora Akinyili?? You could said, Ngige - if you wanted people from the other side to be counted IMHO...

Carry on!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2012
Beaf: Lesson 101 of desperation and O-Duncehood:
1. Ally with those who regularly make calls for dogs and baboons to be soaked in blood.
2. Defend their statements like a dog gone mad.
3. In your awuf luv'n phuck calculations, forget that you are losing states like Osun and possibly Edo.
4. Start screaming your plans for 2015 in 2011.

...Gbawe, the clever guy!

O-Dunce.

O-m.g...
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2012
Politics 101:

- Form an alliance with people with number, who speak with a voice..
- Set out the clear goals you want in the alliance..
- Never listen to advice from mongrels who aren't politically savvy - and those who got there by chance..
- Always know there are no permanent friends in politics - your interest comes first.
- Shout hallelujah! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fayose And Other Members Of South West PDP Meet In Ibadan(pics) / I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami / APC Governors At Progressive Governors Forum In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.