Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17787 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by vanstanzy(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2012
[b]
bittyend:

Another castrated ibotic faggit.. Why are most of you guys retarded?? Do you guys also your brain cells for blood money??

You don't have to put everything you write in bold, it make it more difficult to read.. Oh well, I forgot you're retarded, and was slobbing all over your keyboard whilst typing your post...

Don't forget your RITALIN dosage tonight, ibotic monkey. cool

@britney spears

Sorry o! And I was just trying to help u read better o! thats all. U know ur poor sight, dumb nature and all? Pls dont crucify me, i was just trying to help ur LAZY EYES.

You don't have to put everything you write in bold, it make it more difficult to read.. Oh well, I forgot you're retarded, and was slobbing all over your keyboard whilst typing your post...

Don't forget your RITALIN dosage tonight, ibotic monkey. cool[/quote]

Mmm! thats funny, if am an ibotic monkey what does that make u, i dont know, maybe a slugde or a snail or better still a leech. One thing in common, they all crawl on their bellys'. That means i'm still higher than u. And o! i dont need hard drugs to get my groove-on unlike u.[/b]
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 7:29pm On May 22, 2012
ilugunboy: We Yorubas we do what is best in our interest. We've tried GEJ and found him as an unreliable person.
If he is banking on the North Central zone ( read Plateau and Benue) votes to swing the election his way..he must be the most politically naive president Nigeria ever produced.

Sharap dia!
Talk about yourself as an individual and stop saying "we this, we that" like someone with a weak d.i.c.k.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Abagworo(m): 7:33pm On May 22, 2012
He stated, “Like I always say, the Middle Belt is also
asking for Presidency come 2015. We are qualified. The
North has ruled this country for over 30 years without
any improvement. Let us try somebody from the Middle
Belt. Gowon did very well in bringing Nigeria together.”

I don't really know who the Middlebelters are trying to deceive. They have ruled more than the so-called core North and we know. I will never root for Presidency on ethnic grounds but the so-called Middlebelt should not take us for fools.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: Every sensible Nigerian should put all efforts towards unseating PDP in 2015. Sentiments should be set aside in furtherance of this goal.

It's not just unseating the PDP but a better alternative must exist to drive the process. Who are the likely candidates, the one calling for bloodshed or who else?

Back to topic: overconfidence, in a coded language, was the undoing of the North in 2011. partnership, alliance, or whatever it's called is good in politics. But alliance should not be reduced to I will be the president , you will be the vice. Such is useless as the current reality has shown under GEJ. Agreement should be based on core restructuring of the country, or formulation of policies that promote competitive development in the west.

The reality of Nigeria today is that a Yoruba candidacy for President in 2015 will not sell, even if Fasola turns Lagos to Newyork or Beijing. The best bet is for vice presidency to help hold the president to honor any commitment mutually agreed. SE will not support it, SS will hear non of it and the support from middle belt, if any will be minimal mainly from ethnic vote of Kwara and parts of Kogi. The North, having realized that overconfidence must not be the problem this time around is planning early and seeking workable alliance.

For the North (North West, North East) the chance of getting vote in the SS is absolutely zero. SE is dicey except there is a compelling deal more than what the Zone is getting from GEJ and there is no political structure to actualise deal. Middle Belt is not a problem as long as the votes can easily be polarized. That leaves one zone for an alliance, the South West. The main problem is this: what SW wants to be restructure is what the conservative North want to preserve. The North and the West, since independence and even pre Independence, have not articulated the same policy directions and the West have more than once been the stumbling block in the North quest to perpetually dominate the South. That to me brings a conflict. Remember how the alliance in 2011 collapsed. Remember the monumental failure of CPC despite fielding a Yoruba VP? Then think about how Tinubu et al truncated the quest of Yoruba to be Speaker? These guys can be adamant in one guise, show compromise in another but Will there be a middle ground for the alliance to work?

Can a genuine alliance between the North and the West worked? Has such an alliance ever existed? The power brokers in the West must tread carefully, it's a slippery terrain and any mistake can be catastrophic.

On the other side, it's not unthinkable that GEJ can equally get re-elceted based on sympathy votes if the Boko Haram madness continues to 2015. The argument will not be on GEJ's performance but that he was frustrated and was treated unjustly. The whole south in a 2011 fashion may decide to return him to power with the active connivance of the middle belt. So much is given to sentiments in Nigerian politics that it's the main factor driving it besides looting.

So, it's still very early, by mid 2013, the picture will be very clear.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2012
Areosapien:

Errr sorry to burst your bubble, but that is you, the spineless, emaciated loser who has switched to laughable grammar nazi tactics after he's been beaten black and blue in a verbal battle. grin
Same way you immediately switched to talking about "Comprehension 101" after Ejine gave you a merciless beat-down to the horror of the entire forum.

You're a weak-arse faggott who epitomizes cowardice in every form, and a loser shall you remain all through your sad, miserable lifespan on Nairaland.

Jmaine was absolutely right when he called you a millipede - cuz even with so many legs, you're still slow; and even with so many IDs, you're still retaarded.

But seriously, why do most ibotic posters on NL thrive on verbosity??

You guys bore me with the repetitive way you construct your grammar, you say so much but mean so little...... I can't do this lol!!

Lame comebacks, verbosity, retard/edness, and chest-beating are the characteristics of the average ibotic poster on NL. It's like I'm chatting to the same people everyday under different SNs, I'm bored of you guys now.. *Sighs*

Be creative!! cool
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2012
Areosapien:

Errr sorry to burst your bubble, but that is you, the spineless, emaciated loser who has switched to laughable grammar nazi tactics after he's been beaten black and blue in a verbal battle. grin
Same way you immediately switched to talking about "Comprehension 101" after Ejine gave you a merciless beat-down to the horror of the entire forum.

You're a weak-arse faggott who epitomizes cowardice in every form, and a loser shall you remain all through your sad, miserable lifespan on Nairaland.

Jmaine was absolutely right when he called you a millipede - cuz even with so many legs, you're still slow; and even with so many IDs, you're still retaarded.

Bittyend,I will tell you the same thing I told your brother SLYMEM before Ejine dragged him through the mud; "pick ur fight"!!! Igbos have tough skin!!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 22, 2012
kettykin: the spell that usman and ahmadu bello cast over nigeria has expired, the yorubas need not be told whom they will back, i see the core north becoming a political minority soon. The mistake yorubas made in 1966 and 1979 is responsible for their stagnation today, they should rather do a deal with gej than enslave themselves with the north
e wo oro lenu eye...GEJ ko, Alameisia ni..mtchew!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by B4ME: 8:07pm On May 22, 2012
All this comments are jagons of the illiterates of the SS and SW.Are you all trying to tell me that you are better than Awos and Aziks.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2012
^^^ Ejine is areosapien, I know it's the same person from his grammar construction.. He's grandpa dede's protege.

I saw that from the beginning, I'm just playing dumb with the coward!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

You guys bore me with the repetitive way you construct your grammar, you say so much but mean so little...... I can't do this lol!!

Lame comebacks, verbosity, retard/edness, and chest-beating are the characteristics of the average ibotic poster on NL. It's like I'm chatting to the same people everyday under different SNs, I'm bored of you guys now.. *Sighs*

Be creative!! cool

I watched you threw the first punch of insults to the Igbos but look at what is happening now at you! After numerious beat downs you never learn. Areosapien will fhuck you up once more!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Areosapien(f): 8:14pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

Be creative!! cool

Oh, so now you're bored all of a sudden? grin Typical escape tactic from a spineless loser.

Atleast one thing I'll say it's that it's a good thing you've taken my advice and dropped the failed grammar nazi act (since you were quite frankly making yourself look more stup!d), even though this is too little too late, as your reputation has already been roasted battered and brutalized beyond repair in the most humiliating manner.

Now, reading your laughably dumb post in another thread about McDonalds in Nigeria, I think you should take our second advice and desist entirely from posting in the Politics section, as it is quite obvious its intellectual requirements are far too herculean for a big, dumb, hopeless primitive caveman like you.

I will wait for your predictable feedback on this one.

Faggott grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 8:16pm On May 22, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:
I watched you threw the first punch of insults to the Igbos but look at what is happening now at you! After numerious beat downs you never learn. Areosapien will fhuck you up once more!

Where is the beat down, though?? That's why I told you guys to stick to forest wrestling lol...

And I didn't start the tribal banter, your fellow ibotic clowns started it..

Phucking ibotic animals, always hyping, and chest-beating even when they're losing...

If you think all those lame comebacks are beat downs, I see why a coward like Ojukwu is your hero.. You guys think backwards!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2012
Areosapien Ejene:

Oh, so now you're bored all of a sudden? grin Typical escape tactic from a spineless loser.

Atleast one thing I'll say it's that it's a good thing you've taken my advice and dropped the failed grammar nazi act (since you were quite frankly making yourself look more stup!d), even though this is too little too late, as your reputation has already been roasted battered and brutalized beyond repair in the most humiliating manner.

Now, reading your laughably dumb post in another thread about McDonalds in Nigeria, I think you should take our second advice and desist entirely from posting in the Politics section, as it is quite obvious its intellectual requirements are far too herculean for a big, dumb, hopeless primitive caveman like you.

I will wait for your predictable feedback on this one.

Faggott grin

Come at me with your real ID, I'm free tonight. cool
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2012
@Ejene

And where did I post anything about McDonalds in Nigeria?

Do you suffer from amnesia or something?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 8:22pm On May 22, 2012
Still waiting for you to know the difference between FLOODING and EROSION, Ejene...

And I can't do a back and forth reading all the verbose you keep posting... It bores me to sleep..

Make your comebacks, precise and straight to the point..

Learn a thing or two from Jmaine, and let's get it cracking, boy. cool
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Areosapien(f): 8:25pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend: ^^^ Ejine is areosapien, I know it's the same person from his grammar construction.. He's grandpa dede's protege.

I saw that from the beginning, I'm just playing dumb with the coward!

Hwaaa hwaaaa hwaaaaaa!!! grin Things just got even more interesting! I love this!! grin

So, after the merciless beatings, he's now seeing double? grin LMFAO!
Ejine is now Areosapien? Tell me, is this the same way you alleged Ekwy Nwa was Nnenna1 after she pounded you cowards in that other thread? grin
Sure! I am Ejine AND Dede1 too plus a dash of Nchara for flavoring.
Dumbass! grin

i guess this is how d!ck-headed faggotts like you fight - you start something you can't finish, and when you get slapped around and humiliated, you begin running round the forum like headless chickens.

Please don't try to change the subject. Stick to the battle and stop making an assswipe of yourself.

Odenigbo nwannem nwoke, watch me send this imbec!le to his shallow grave grin cool
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2012
[quote author=bittyend]

Where is the beat down, though?? That's why I told you guys to stick to forest wrestling lol...

And I didn't start the tribal banter, your fellow ibotic clowns started it.. tongue

Phucking ibotic animals, always hyping, and chest-beating even when they're losing...

If you think all those lame comebacks are beat downs, I see why a coward like Ojukwu is your hero.. You guys think backwards![/quote ]

And yet you want ppl to believe that you actually have a culture with the level of your manners You are quite an interesting creature! Have a good day.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 8:27pm On May 22, 2012
jmaine: Come 2014 - 2015 . . .The horizon will be clearer for all interested parties . . .

Dr Babangida Aliyu is an intellectual, no nonsense,straight to the point Northerner who is also politically savvy . . . .but the sentiment is . .He is of the PDP stock again grin . . .

Whatever happens from now till 2015 will determine the course of events . . .

Wtf? Intellectual? No nonsense? Where is the evidence of this? Is this manifesting itself on the ground in his state?

Why would anyone even bring up Aliyu's name when a man like Fashola is alive.

I don't understand why you guys love bringing up the name of people who failed to govern Northern Nigeria well, but then want them to become president.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by SamIkenna: 8:28pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

What most of you don't understand is that Nigeria (as long as it exist) will always be a Northern, and Southern protectorate - regardless of all ethnic factions in both the North and South.. So, I see why the North always want power back after a Southern ruler - regardless of the tribe..

There are no permanent friends in politics, and we as Yoruba need to go with the side - which will benefit us the most... To be honest, Igbo politics will never be in the interest of the Yorubas because they're to individualistic to speak with one voice... And the Ijaws have proven to be almost similar to them... GEJ became the president of Nigeria because of SNC, and Obasanjo (Yoruba man) - but what have gained from his presidency?? All the juicy ministerial positions went mostly to Ijaws, Igbos, and Northerners..

The North on the other hand will always speak with one voice, as long as Islam is their religion (sad but true lol).. Politics is a game of numbers, and we will definitely benefit from aligning with the North than other parts of the South - from the upper Delta, to across the river Niger..

History 101: Southern politics have NEVER benefited Yoruba since the inception of Nigeria.. 1959, 1963, 1966, 1979, 1992, and 1999 - we were BETRAYED by the SOUTH!!

bittyend:

What's wrong with you, and why do you hate Igbos so much? I'm yoruba and I love Igbo food, and the average Igbo man or woman. Igbos do a lot of talking, and arguing about Biafra - but the average man is not violent. Igbos are just on the paper chase just like most yorubas are. Get the hate out of your heart!! Igbos are not the problem!!

bittyend:

The youths don't represent the people - yet they find joy in killing other tribes without blinking an eye? This madness has to stop! These people are stuck in stone age barbaric way of life, and if they can't learn that LIFE IS PRECIOUS and IRREPLACEABLE - they need to be taught the hard way. Trust me, I won't shed a tear if the whole North is NUKED tomorrow morning - they're phucking APES. Phuck those camel jocking piece of shyte, it's violence - if peace is alien to them.

bittyend:

Gworo chewing, dirty almajiri - if I was in Naija - I'll shoot hausas/fulanis for target practice, and that's on my family's life. Don't you ragheads, cow f/ucking, gworo chewing, dirty mallams know some people HATE your guts with a passion? Hausa/fulani man's life is worthless!! Phuck your whole family, I'll kill hundreds of hausa/fulani if I need to.

bittyend:

You remember how the Hutus massacred the Tutsis with machetes and spears in three days, huh? That's how the ethnic cleansing in Lagos will be before people in East get to Lagos. Heck, they would have to go through Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun and probably Osun before getting to Lagos - and those are some THOROUGH yoruba people. The deeds would have been done before there is call for a cease fire. You can ask the Hausas what happened to them in Lagos in 1999 - I was in Naija then, and I witnessed it. Phucking Hausa cripples were walking without a Pastor praying for them and dead bodies everywhere.

Be careful what you wish for!

I'm out for real, this time.

bittyend:

Ok, I give up. We'll continue to live in isolation, and the same goes for the Igbos as well - and allow the almajiris to continue to ra/pe us. If you know don't under the basics of politics, you're on your own. The Igbos should be our natural allies, but ZIK messed it up for his own greed - that's why the Northerners have been playing us against each other because they know the say we speak with one voice - it's game over for them. This generation needs to mend that bridge, and forget about ZIK and Biafra - we need to forge alliances, and put the North in their place, period.

The Hausa/Fulani are our natural political enemies - the Igbos brought themselves in the fold with greedy arse ZIK and Ojukwu.

bittyend:

Bruv, I'm not saying 'align' with Igbos, in the sense of entrusting them with our lives - it's like a chess game, and the act of having temporary allies - to achieve a certain objective. That's why America is so strong in foreign policies. We align with them to get what we want, and after that everyone will go back to doing what they do. It's just like business, you trade with whoever comes to you - to sell your goods, and make profits - but you don't necessarily need to befriend them.

bittyend:

You need to STFU for a minute - and realise that we're in the INTERNET age. And who told you I've never lived in Nigeria, or don't visit Nigeria every year? You need to hop off your high horse, and realise that Nigerians who love their country know what's going on in that damn country.

We want TRUE FEDERALISM - so do the Igbos.
We want SNC - so do the Igbos.
We don't want Sharia law - so the Igbos.

If that's not common INTERESTS, I don't know what it is.

bittyend:

WTF are you on about? This has nothing to do with tribes - it's called aligning with people you share common interests with. And we're not NOT freaking WESTERNERS - I hate that phucking word, let the oyinbos take that ugly word. We're SOUTH WESTERNERS and part of the larger SOUTHERN, NIGERIA.

And no one is building a Southern Army, and Nigeria ain't breaking in my lifetime - we just need to align with people we share common interests with - and get what we need as a people out of the damn country. We've been dominated for too long by the almajiri clans - it's high time we in the South, used our numbers to get what we all want, period.

Brother, make up your mind.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2012
Areosapien:

Hwaaa hwaaaa hwaaaaaa!!! grin Things just got even more interesting! I love this!! grin

So, after the merciless beatings, he's now seeing double? grin LMFAO!
Ejine is now Areosapien? Tell me, is this the same way you alleged Ekwy Nwa was Nnenna1 after she pounded you cowards in that other thread? grin
Sure! I am Ejine AND Dede1 too plus a dash of Nchara for flavoring.
Dumbass! grin

i guess this is how d!ck-headed faggotts like you fight - you start something you can't finish, and when you get slapped around and humiliated, you begin running round the forum like headless chickens.

Please don't try to change the subject. Stick to the battle and stop making an assswipe of yourself.

Odenigbo nwannem nwoke, watch me send this imbec!le to his shallow grave grin cool

Nwanne,trust me it doesnt worth it with this latent dullard! I will advice you to use your intelligence for something more sensible. You are dealing with an everlasting LOSER!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 8:32pm On May 22, 2012
Akanbi_edu: Gbawe,

I think the surest way to defeat GEJ (if he runs) is to present Fashola/northener ticket and not the other way round. The other way is too risky for the opposition. The reason I am saying this is I am sure you are aware that presidential elections are not really won by general votes, a lot of rigging is usually involved. in other to defeat PDP, the incumbent, you need to be too popular to be rigged in at least 3 zones in the country.

If we consider northerner/Fashola against GEJ: GEJ has SS and SE already and large portion of the middle belt will be rigged in GEJ's favour leaving NW, NE and SW. Do you seriously think the SW people (except Lagos may be) are angry enough to vote overwhelmingly against GEJ? This still leaves some room for manipulation by the SW PDP guys. Leaving only NW and NE. I can assure you, even the northern elites will not risk this, they would rather stick with GEJ if this is the case. A repeat of what happened in 2011 is likely.

Now consider a Fashola/El-rufai ticket. Fashola is extremely popular in the SW, that is the surest way to KILL PDP votes from the SW. let us count SE and SS for GEJ. Leaving us with NW NE NC. This time, NC will be divided in this case with PDP still having slight edge. Now where do you think NW, NE will go? with the right agreements, I think NW NE will go with Fashola since they know SW is automatic for Fashola and with them voting him, victory is assured rigging or no rigging.

The strong point for the opposition parties here is that they can have tangible agreement on power sharing/zoning/rotation and start afresh unlike the PDP who are currently having trust issues within themselves.

An arrangement on how to share power and even succession could be fashioned out like the type PDP did in the recent past. We should stop thinking about zoning or what would appease northerners at this stage. We are in a situation to start affresh again because the current political arrangement has been tamperred with. Since the PDP's zoning thing has been tamperred with, there is

This is exactly what I am saying, and what I have said.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by member479760: 8:33pm On May 22, 2012
Africa will not develop in this way - our zone, their zone, our president, their president, our turn, their turn - Bshit.
na like this the dey for develop country?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 8:36pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:
If , as I think the case will be, the PDP throws up a combo of very visible Northerner and charismatic/well respected Southerner (eg Donald Duke) then watch as a broad opposition coalition tries to do the same. It is very difficult to defeat a very influential/bullying/rigging ruling Party unless you beat it at its own game using its own tactics. I think a coalition will not embrace a risky gamble in 2015. They will settle for a combo that ticks all the boxes for equity/appeasement of the system/ strategising for the future/ peaceful and harmonious terrain for incoming President etc, etc, etc.

The "broad opposition coalition" will always fail with tactics such a these, heh.

In general, a strategy of "copy what the other side is doing" generally will not differentiate you enough to make you appealing. You need to make sharp contrasts between yourself and the opposition, rather than only providing people with a pale imitation as their alternative.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Bittyend,did you what i meant when i said you are quite an "interesting creature"
You are obviously dealing with ppl who are way clever than you are. A word is a enough for the wise.

Funny post grin

Brother, make up your mind.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 8:40pm On May 22, 2012
bayooooooo:
It's not just unseating the PDP but a better alternative must exist to drive the process. Who are the likely candidates, the one calling for bloodshed or who else?

Back to topic: overconfidence, in a coded language, was the undoing of the North in 2011. partnership, alliance, or whatever it's called is good in politics. But alliance should not be reduced to I will be the president , you will be the vice. Such is useless as the current reality has shown under GEJ. Agreement should be based on core restructuring of the country, or formulation of policies that promote competitive development in the west.

The reality of Nigeria today is that a Yoruba candidacy for President in 2015 will not sell, even if Fasola turns Lagos to Newyork or Beijing. The best bet is for vice presidency to help hold the president to honor any commitment mutually agreed. SE will not support it, SS will hear non of it and the support from middle belt, if any will be minimal mainly from ethnic vote of Kwara and parts of Kogi. The North, having realized that overconfidence must not be the problem this time around is planning early and seeking workable alliance.

For the North (North West, North East) the chance of getting vote in the SS is absolutely zero. SE is dicey except there is a compelling deal more than what the Zone is getting from GEJ and there is no political structure to actualise deal. Middle Belt is not a problem as long as the votes can easily be polarized. That leaves one zone for an alliance, the South West. The main problem is this: what SW wants to be restructure is what the conservative North want to preserve. The North and the West, since independence and even pre Independence, have not articulated the same policy directions and the West have more than once been the stumbling block in the North quest to perpetually dominate the South. That to me brings a conflict. Remember how the alliance in 2011 collapsed. Remember the monumental failure of CPC despite fielding a Yoruba VP? Then think about how Tinubu et al truncated the quest of Yoruba to be Speaker? These guys can be adamant in one guise, show compromise in another but Will there be a middle ground for the alliance to work?

Can a genuine alliance between the North and the West worked? Has such an alliance ever existed? The power brokers in the West must tread carefully, it's a slippery terrain and any mistake can be catastrophic.

On the other side, it's not unthinkable that GEJ can equally get re-elceted based on sympathy votes if the Boko Haram madness continues to 2015. The argument will not be on GEJ's performance but that he was frustrated and was treated unjustly. The whole south in a 2011 fashion may decide to return him to power with the active connivance of the middle belt. So much is given to sentiments in Nigerian politics that it's the main factor driving it besides looting.

So, it's still very early, by mid 2013, the picture will be very clear.

An excellent contribution.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 8:41pm On May 22, 2012
Mods, can you go through this thread and delete every offtopic post? This is a 7 page thread, but at least 4 pages of the content are posts about soup and other irrelevant crap.

I wish they'd just implemented ignore lists on this damn site...so annoying
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Areosapien(f): 8:44pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

Come at me with your real ID, I'm free tonight. cool

Of course I'm Ejine and Dede and Ekwy Nwa and Nnenna and One Naira and even the Odenigbo that is in this very thread too.
And you know the best part? I don't give a phuck, because I've been here long enough not to. cool

So, let my ID not worry you, and stop being a coward by trying to drag other people's names in your affairs to boost your unbelievably low self esteem.
grin Dis na between me and you. Areosapien and BittyEnd.
Stop calling Ejine or Dede, because these guys have ripped you to shreds already grin
You no get liver again?

It's between me and you tonight, so if you've got the balls, drop your lines and watch me make a meal out of your feeble gaay arse

your turn
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 8:51pm On May 22, 2012
Nchara:

What are the facts? The general voter apathy that you fortunately alluded to implies that people stayed away from the voting poll, yes or no?

Your answer is a yes . . .and it was a general phenomenon . . .
Nchara:

What are the facts?
If an insignificant number of Yoruba (which I supposed did) voted for GEJ why did the majority stay away?

The majority who stayed away in the presidential poll, also stayed away in the hotly contested[b] Gubernatorial[/b] election . . .so what does that tell you ? . .that it wasn't general ? . . did they also stay away cos they hated the AP, ACN , PDP or LP candidates who were popular Yoruba political gladiators ? . . .

the SW voter apathy did cut across the 2011 polls . . .so stop trying hard to differentiate nothing .

Nchara:

Have you read any Yoruba here on NL who claim to have voted for GEJ? In contrast, which Yoruba here have you not read who has not had a bad word for GEJ, calling him all sorts of names and calling those who voted him in i.d.i.o.t.i.c? Do the i.d.i.o.t.i.c voters include Yorubas as well?

Humans will be humans bruv . . .meanwhile didn't Buhari win the nairaland poll by a landslide ? grin . .what does that tell you ? . . .Those bad mouthing are nothing obvious from those lot who voted in that stead . .nairaland is not reality bruv . . .while they screamed here . .people voted real here

Nchara:

Do the i.d.i.o.t.i.c voters include Yorubas as well?

Sure loads of them including me . . .cos am one grin

Nchara:

If a large swathe of Yoruba voted for GEJ (which I do not believe), what sort of people will vote a man in and then turn round to ascribe him to others? Is not that the zenith of double-speak and two-facedness? Consider that Tinubu proclaimed in public that GEJ won the election fair and square https://www.nairaland.com/717204/jonathan-won-april-election-tinubu. Although now he is singing a different song.

When I say Yoruba in this argument, I exclude Ondo where, I am sure, Mimiko led the LP to give GEJ a resounding victory. But then one state out of six is quite insignificant.

Like i said humans will always be humans . .always deceptive and sly cool . . .on the streets people including the Yorubas don't wince when they tell you they voted him in . .they don't deny it . . .but that doesn't mean they don't complain about some of his policies . . .

Forget the internet GEJ lashes . . . .it's all noise making grin . . .when the grill resumes cool . .they are always infinitesimal to what happens politically in real life . . .

Nchara:

What are the facts?

The below was presented to shut the usual army of peeps who deceive themselves , saying the Yoruba never voted in GEJ . .hope it helps you grin . . .

jmaine:

The voters apathy in the South west Region towards the poll was marginally the same for both the presidential and Governorship poll . Now let us go statistically to prove my theory. To avoid inducing any error and removing all bias, i decided to select :-

( A ) The states where both the presidential and the gubernatorial elections were held.

(B) The significant parties (in terms of good results showing) who fielded candidates to fill the various positions ( Accord Party with a good showing in Ondo was excluded cos it did not present a presidential candidate)

[size=14pt]2011 Lagos State Governorship Election Result in Nigeria [/size]

ACN : 1,509113.

PDP : 300,450

CPC : 8,055

[size=16pt]= 1,817,618[/size]

[size=14pt]2011 Lagos Presidential Election Result in Nigeria[/size]

PDP 1,281,688
ACN 427,000
CPC 189,983

[size=16pt]= 1,898,671[/size]

[size=14pt]2011 OYO State Governorship Election Result in Nigeria [/size]

ACN : 420,822.
PDP : 387,132.
CPC : 15,797

= [size=16pt]823,751[/size]

[size=14pt]2011 OYO State Presidential Election Result in Nigeria [/size]

PDP 484,758
ACN 252,240
CPC 92,396

= [size=16pt] 829,394[/size]

[size=14pt]2011 OGUN State Governorship Election Result in Nigeria
[/size]

ACN 377,487
PDP 188,698
CPC 1,906

= [size=16pt]568,091[/size]

[size=14pt]2011 OGUN State Presidential Election Result in Nigeria[/size]

PDP 309,177
ACN 199,555
CPC 17,654

= [size=16pt]526,386[/size]

Source ========> http://www.inecnigeria.org/results/presidential/states.php

[size=16pt]VERDICT : - The south West peeps also Plessed their Hand tongue for GEJ grin grin [/size]
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 22, 2012
Edited
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 22, 2012
All this postulations will count for nothing by the end of 2014. The Average Nigerian gets swayed easily. I'll advice any group(s) to tell their paymasters to get to work. I'll only take any aspirant seriously from Jan 2014(that is if the pre-cursory events to Nigeria's balkanisation haven't been set in motion by then).
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Areosapien(f): 8:59pm On May 22, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,trust me it doesnt worth it with this latent dullard! I will advice you to use your intelligence for something more sensible. You are dealing with an everlasting LOSER!

My brother, I guess you're right.
But I find his stup!d!ty very entertaining grin
you don't encounter id!ots like this very often in a lifetime, you know grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 8:59pm On May 22, 2012
ekt_bear:

The "broad opposition coalition" will always fail with tactics such a these, heh.

In general, a strategy of "copy what the other side is doing" generally will not differentiate you enough to make you appealing. You need to make sharp contrasts between yourself and the opposition, rather than only providing people with a pale imitation as their alternative.

My guy it really is pointless carrying on this debate if you are going to speak with a total ignorance of the Nigerian reality to be speaking as if Nigeria is the UK, France or the USA where strong and independent institution will accomodate the opposition to be what it should be.

You must , for example,have been on Mars when Dimeji Bankole openly and disgracefully sang in Yoruba ,during the Ekiti electoral sham, about how the PDP will use Soldiers to bully Ekiti folks. You must be Texan to not see the disgrace to Nigeria, in this day and age, with how a PDP President disregarded the direction of the upper and lower legislative houses, over the fuel subsidy, simply because he can. That is the clearest sign you are not dealing with democratic civility and adherence to the rule of law. Forgive the opposition for trying to work with pragmatic awareness while you suggest things the reality on the ground cannot support.

When you don't appreciate the basic things that makes Nigeria very different to even moderately modern Nations, then you are working from a position of extreme ignorance not worth indulging.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gov. Ameachi & Patience Jonathan In 2010 ( Photo) / Why INEC Cancelled Re-run Vote In Parts Of Rivers / Fayose And Other Members Of South West PDP Meet In Ibadan(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.