Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,991 members, 7,952,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (74407 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 12:40am On Mar 09, 2010
there's no way liverpool are going to finish in the top four now. Its spurs villa or city. Bye bye liverpool.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 1:36am On Mar 09, 2010
Come to think of it, why do Liverpool play so many games on Monday compared to others?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 1:45am On Mar 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Come to think of it, why do Liverpool play so many games on Monday compared to others?

Europa league contenders. grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by MrCrackles(m): 2:00am On Mar 09, 2010
bgees:

one reason for our woes this season is [b]ALONSO. take it or leave it.[/b]

and we failed to get a suitable replacement.
I disagree. . . .
Benitez has faffed about with his selections and the selected folks have all underperformed!
Confidence is low and form has dipped to an all time low amongst the ranks
It is as simple as that. . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 2:08am On Mar 09, 2010
^ agreed, but the absence of Alonso is central to our problems. Creativity has been poor since he left. our two midfielders lucas and mascherano cannot get goals.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 2:33am On Mar 09, 2010
Enough of this Alonso cry already y'all are not the only ones that lost a big player last season and since he joined in 04 that was probably the only season he performed remember Benitez would have swapped him for Barry in a New York minute if Villa had agreed on guap terms i think y'all are over-rating the guy, The problem is Benitez himself i like him as a manager but his transfer dealings have just been shocking. Who wastes 57milla on just three players in two seasons with nothing to show for it? Keane,Johnson,Aquilani have been over-priced signings and when you consider that they have no striker of note aside Torres you have to wonder if Rafa swallowed an okele of a madman's plate of eba. I also think he is too tactically rigid and you basically can't place a pattern to Liverpool's game this season! Its been helter-skelter from start to finish
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:26am On Mar 09, 2010
If Alonso was still around, we would have been stronger. he is the missing link. every team needs a creative mind in the middle but we have none. and Aquilani?, i don't even know what to say.

we have seen it all this season, anything can happen now and it wouldn't make any difference.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 4:09am On Mar 09, 2010
Alonso was there when y'all finished 30pts behind the league winners i think Gerrard's loss of form has hurt plus lack of a decent replacement for injury prone Torres. Kuyt is decent but too average to consistently make a difference plus the Aquilani matter why splurge 20mil on an eternally injured player when there are players like Sneijder,Gourcuff,Van der Vaart e.t.c that you would have gotten for cheaper. Maxi is crap and Riera more crap. Alonso's departure would not have been a biggie if Rafa bought wisely
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by FBS: 8:05am On Mar 09, 2010
Oh dear! The Liver is gone!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2010
Sauron
they only entered the europa league recently. over the last two seasons, they have played so many monday night games. I also remember Rafa complaining when they used to play so many early(12:45) games on saturdays.
Have you forgotten "Super Sundays"? When the big four just happened to play each other on the same day.
And they expect us to believe it is all sorted by the fixture computer, pssfch!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2010
we lost wayne carrick {a few years back} and recently dimitri berbatov to man utd and we're still going strong. So you have no excuses bgees.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 11:56am On Mar 09, 2010
This season just proves what people have been saying all along: Liverpool is a two-man team. Gerrard & Torres have been injured for a while. When Gerrard has been fit, he has been below par.
And that simply spells doom.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
manmustwac:

we lost wayne carrick {a few years back} and recently dimitri berbatov to man utd and we're still going strong. So you have no excuses bgees.

relax, 4th place has not been won yet. everyone just loves to have a dig at Liverpool.

Spurs for that matter, but as Nas put it: your best success is my failure'.

so manmust[b]self-service[/b] . shut the fk up!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
It's such a shame!That 4th spot na tall order for us, Aquillani na just bloody waste of 20mill. I hope I take my words back someday.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by daylae(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2010
Aquillani will find his bearing,just that he's not been given enough chance by rafa;but i know 'll prove his critics wrong cus he's a good player,just need to blend with the style of game being played in uk. We'll get over these trying times i know,cus 'll never walk alone!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2010
Anyone watching the game? comments from the facebook group suggests Rafa is fcking up once again.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
In case you never know, Eden Hazard has scored for Lille.

1-0 84th minute
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
Disaster shocked shocked shocked
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by HNIC(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2010
bgees:

Anyone watching the game? comments from the facebook group suggests Rafa is fcking up once again.
I am beginning to feel sorry for 'Pool
They are 0-1 down and have been outplayed by Lille for most of the game
Hazard has been a 'hazard' to 'Pool
He scored the only goal sofar via a free kick
Into injury time in the 2nd half and Pool are still 0-1 down
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by HNIC(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2010
It finished 1-0
Pool have it all to do in the 2nd leg
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by MrCrackles(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
GAME OVER. . . . .
What a disaster. . . . SMH!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by debosky(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
When will Rafa be sacked? Surely it can't get any worse than this. . . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2010
YNWA.

No worry Scousers. You can lose all games and still win the treble
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chamotex(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
Rafa should be sacked at the end of the season.

Siasia would do a better job at the moment.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by daylae(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2010
What hell of a season it has been fo liverpool!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
Keep hope alive boys !!!

Lets destroy Portsmouth smiley
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2010
Can we just ''fast-forward'' time to the end of the season?

there has been nothing to be happy about sad
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by HNIC(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2010
I am a scouser till sunday evening
Go scousers!
Desecrate Old Toilet just like you did last season!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2010
2- 0 up!

the line-up looks positive.

i kind of liked Babel's one touch finish.

walk on you reds!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
3-0

Il principino!!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
Yes o, looking good to ve United for lunch on Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.