Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? (35641 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2012
madambini: As a typical Edo woman, I am proud to say that Edo is really the heartbeat of Nigeria.
And I'm really not bothered if Edo is from Yoruba or Hausa. All I know is that Edo people are indeed beautiful.

Of course, d heart beat.
No be there International
witches and wizards wan
have their meetings some
yrs back before being diverted
to South Africa.

No wonder the brisk development!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by tosank: 12:58pm On May 27, 2012
Why is it that a few Ibos seem to be more intrested in this thread than the. Concerned gropus themselves? With all respect, I implore my Ibo brothers and sisters to excuse us as we thrash issues out with our esteemed cousins, the Edos. Thanks.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by SamAfrik(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2012
The contention now remains who begat who?
I av bin enriched by info (e.g d ogisos) on dis thread, but wat hurts me is d comments frm pple dt av no biz wit d cultures in disicussn. Alh harem even provided more sensible analysis.
I enjoy history.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Sike(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2012
Worefa!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Afanna1: 2:02pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: I could care less about bini and their stupid history... This stupid thread was created by an Igbo clown anyways..

Bini NEVER ruled over my people, period.. Claim your Eko (Lagos Island) which is less than 1/1000 of Lagos land mass... Ijebu people are proud people, and bini can't defeat us even in our sleep..

Bini history is overrated, and they're irrelevant to us.. They live in a landlocked state, and their only access to the see is through Itsekiri (Ijebu descent) land... Edo can go phuck itself in the arse for all I care. undecided

you are fool,the ijaws and Itsekiri live in a place called gelegele close to benin city.

[b]Edo State Gele-Gele Seaport finally approved by FG
Posted by Owa Edo on May 18, 2011 at 11:35pm ■View My Blog

ABUJA — THE weekly Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting Wednesday approved N23 billion for 10 various infrastructural projects in the nine states of the Niger Delta.

Minister of Information and Communication, Mr Labaran Maku and the Minister of National Planning, Samshudeen Usman, while briefing State House correspondents said the FEC, presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan, after deliberations ratified the President’s anticipatory approval for the award of the 10 contracts.

Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, according to Maku, brought a memo to seek council’s ratification of the President’s anticipatory approval for the award of contracts in respect of three Land Reclamation and Erosion Control/Shoreline projects in the Niger Delta region.

According to him, “the Nigerian coastline has deteriorated over the years, the cumulative effect of which has undermined the quality of life in the region, threatened livelihood of the people, which has contributed to the restiveness experienced in the region in the recent past.

“The deterioration is attributable mainly to the fragile ecosystem of the region and the series of uncontrolled human activities including depletion of mangrove forests, oil exploration/exploitation, dredging/reclamation for estates developments, unplanned discharge of run-off and effluents into the water bodies.

“In order to achieve the current administration’s goal of transforming the region, council ratified the President’s anticipatory approval for the award of contracts in respect of three Land Reclamation and Erosion Control/Shoreline Projects in the Niger Delta region, in the total sum of N5.8 billion.

“Land Reclamation and Erosion Control Project at Essien Town, Ekorinin Community, Calabar, Cross Rive State, in the contract sum of N1.9 billion with a completion period of 12 months; Land Reclamation and Erosion Protection at Amadi Ama, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, in the sum of N1.4 billion with a completion period of 12 months; Land Reclamation and Erosion Protection at Ogbobagbene, Burutu Local Government Area, Delta State, in favour of Messrs Snecou Group of Companies Ltd in the total contract sum of N2.4 billion with a completion period of 12 months.

“The Minister of Niger Delta presented another memo to seek Council’s approval for the augmentation of the contract sum in respect of the Dualisation of the 99km East-West Road, Section III (Port Harcourt Eleme Junction – Eket) in Rivers/Akwa Ibom states.

Council approved an augmentation of the contract sum for the ddualisation of 99kmEast_West Road, Section III (Port Harcourt (Eleme Junction?) – Eket) in Rivers/Akwa Ibom states, in favour of Messrs Reynolds Construction Company (Nig.) Ltd., in the sum of N30 billion to a revised contract sum of N66.8 billion with a new completion date of 31st December 2012.

The dualisation of 99km East_West Road, Section III (Port Harcourt (Eleme Junction?) – Eket) is a major federal government intervention infrastructural development programme in the Niger Delta Region awarded at the original contract sum of N35 billion.

The need to revise the contract sum by the contractor arose from the passage of time, high rate of inflation, compensation costs, re_design to accommodate topography in marshy terrain, community relation challenges and advance payment delay.

The contract for the dualisation East_West Road, Section IV: Eket_Oron Road in Akwa Ibom State was originally awarded on 13th September 2006 in the sum of N26 billion.

The need for the augmentation of contract sum was presented to council by the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs following the increases in construction materials and labour.

In order to uphold the federal government’s commitment to the development of infrastructure in the Niger Delta Region, council approved an augmentation of the contract sum for the 50km dualisation East_West Road, Section IV (Eket_Oron) in Akwa Ibom State, in the sum of N11.5 billion only to a revised contract sum of N37. 5 billion with a new completion date of 11th June 2012.

Through yet another memo, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs South Council’s ratification of the President’s anticipatory approval for the award of contracts for the construction of Emakalakala_Akipelai Road and Bridges in Bayelsa State and for the Design of Seaport Development at Gelegele in Edo State.

These contracts are part of Post_Amnesty Intervention Programmes of the Federal Government designed to facilitate the rapid economic development of the Niger Delta region.

After deliberations, council ratified the President’s anticipatory approval for the award of: Contract for the construction of Emakalakala_Akipelai Roads and Bridges in Bayelsa State, in the sum of N3.3 billion with a completion period of 15 months; and(b) Contract for the consultancy services for the design Seaport Development at Gelegele in Edo State, in the sum of N224.9 million with a completion period of six months.

Welcome to
OTEDO.COM

[/b]

i think there is another port in lushi or agnebode i think?.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by akigbemaru: 2:13pm On May 27, 2012

Odenigbo Aroli:

They dont have any form of writing and not even name of days: The only groups that had form of writings were Igbos(nsibidi) and hausa(songhay).

=====================================================================================================================================================================

Common now, you should know better. The nuance in Languages happened when OUR VERY OWN Bishop codified Ibo Language for them. That is when I have always said Yoruba made Ibos. We first forcibly took them out of caves because majority of them were troglodytes then, anyway they still possess sizable chunks of those cavemen mentality, it's what's it is, like they say, you can a man out of Ghetto but you can't take Ghetto altitudes out of him.
Bichop Samuel Ajayin Crowther created the first Igbo people language for them. LMAO cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Rev. Dr. Crowther began translating the Bible into the Yoruba language and compiling a Yoruba dictionary. In 1843, a grammar book which he started working on during the Niger expedition was published; and a Yoruba version of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer followed later. He also began codifying other languages. Following the British Niger Expeditions of 1854 and 1857, Crowther produced a primer for the Igbo language in 1857 (common, Bichop Ajayi, you should have left these monkeys like that, now they are doing research to change Yoruba history), another for the Nupe language in 1860, and a full grammar and vocabulary of Nupe in 1864.
In 1864, Crowther was ordained as the first African bishop of the Anglican Church.
You just got dont son (so, when you similar Yoruba words in your language, you slow fellows should know by now that Yoruba created your language for you)!!
I am still coming with more information!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ACM10: 2:18pm On May 27, 2012
tosank: Why is it that a few Ibos seem to be more intrested in this thread than the. Concerned gropus themselves? With all respect, I implore my Ibo brothers and sisters to excuse us as we thrash issues out with our esteemed cousins, the Edos. Thanks.

Point of correction!
Edos are Yoruba neighbours and never their couzin. We will be most happy if you can present any linguistic, cultural, or archaelogical evidence that proves that Yoruba iz remotely related to Edos. Edo iz a distinct tribe with a proud history and we Igbos demand that you respect that. Edos should not be treated as Yoruba backyard neighbour or Yoruba sub-group.
Yorubaz haz been treatin Edos with disrespect since the dayz of regionalizm, and we demand that it stop. Awolowo ordered Oba of Benin to take a crash-course in Yoruba language. What a disrespect to someone who iz the chief custodian of Edo language and culture!successive Yoruba generation continuez to treat Edos with contempt. Plz limit your arrogance to the borderz of Oduduwaland. Edo iz Edo and can never be or feel like Yorubaz.

2 Likes

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by akigbemaru: 2:18pm On May 27, 2012
Just because of bad asses like you, many of our forefathers didn’t want to turn Igbo people that scattered around forest and lived on hills and caves. They knew you can transform monkeys and switch their styles up, but the cave men mentality would never let go in their altitudes. That’s just the same nuisance you are constituting right now. grin grin grin grin

When after forefathers came across igbo people, they taught they were monkeys (no clothes on, couldn't pronoun just one word, but what saved you people was we already had monkeys in Idanre hills and despite your people could only mumble "Amu Amu Amu" like our monkeys in Idanre, we noticed you were humans but long time living in the caves without human connection was the reason you can't talk. Then, we called one of our Yoruba professors to codify Igbo language from our Yoruba language. In analogy with how “Noah Webster” an American LEXIGRAPHER codified USA Standard English from British English. This is just how Igbo Language formed from Yoruba Language.
They could have let your language have stress and pattern marks, which makes Yoruba language unique of all languages of the world. Then, our great forefathers knew you could not grab the sophistication of Yoruba language, just because your people had never spoken before. So, we let our Yoruba professor made your Igbo language simple. In analogy, you want anybody who doesn't have any computer experience before to write certification on Java and C#? You had better let him face C-programming or visual basic.

We have this MYTH in olden days, there were two monkey groups (Igbo people and our monkeys in IDANRE, Ekiti. Both were given a grease in form of elixir water to take to triangular section of the busy road, they must dance and sing and should never let the sun rise on them. But our IDANRE monkeys were so overwhelmed with joy and chants that “we are going to turn to humans in a minute. Before those monkeys could reach the spot, Igbo people had reached there, but the grease had almost dried up, they just robbed the little they found in the calabash on their faces. That’s why you still see many Igbo people so hairy all our their body except their faces. undecided undecided
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by akigbemaru: 2:21pm On May 27, 2012
Yorubas great ancestors had been urbanized 2000 BC.
1) Many of your troglodyte Igbo people back then lived on hills and caves. We did show them the taste of urbanity.
2) They didn't have clothes; we did sow "Aso Oke" for them to wear while they roamed around.
3) They couldn't speak just like monkey in the jungle, we did write language for them to speak. Now, Igbo people say Yoruba copied them.
Let me tell you from the history, the whole language you speak before modernity was so similar to that of our monkeys in Idanre hills, that cried "Amu Amu Amu" from our Idanre Hills. That is why after we helped you formulate your language you still make use of that "amu". grin grin grin grin
Reply back and let me show the link on the internet. Cool Cool Cool That's where you get Amunike, Amucaechi, Amuchukwu, Amueze, Amuani, Amuocha, Amuachi and other Amu amu type of shits. They even name captital of their state after their first language Abia, Amuoya.

No wonder, just because you would have to pass through Ekiti first if you are coming to SW, they killed and ate all our Idanre monkeys. Before Igbo, our Idanre monkeys are 1,000,000 super-strong, now if you go to Idanre, you will be surprised to find zero monkey. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by akigbemaru: 2:30pm On May 27, 2012

If you goggle Igbo people on internet, they will tell you that they were the people that scattered around forest and lived on hills and caves.
That's why Igbo people boast sometimes nowadays, that they don't have any king in their land unlike Yoruba people. I just laugh my butt-off, when did you see any monkeys' group to think about King or Queen. It's so pathetic that I can't call on our "IDANRE MONKEYS" to bear the witness for me, because Igbo people had eaten them all. Now, you have almost killed all our dogs in SW in the name of "404" or "Lokili" or "Inshewu." Then, roadside or gutter rats feel the sweat of Igbo people poaching in the name of the meat-pie rat-pie called chop-better. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Blame it on Bishop Ajayi Crowther that turned ibo people from animal to human by given them a language.

Let me tell you from the history, the whole language you speak before modernity was so similar to that of our monkeys in Idanre hills, that cried "Amu Amu Amu" from our Idanre Hills. But many Yorubas rather misconstrued that our monkeys language to Amen. That’s why when they crack jokes with each other sometimes “they would, they ask your monkey to say amen back then he refused, now he is in Idanre hills shouting Amen Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The similar language has been scientifically proven to be of ibo’s ancestors.
Yoruba people played very important roles in the life of all these ingrate ibo people. Because they get irritated by them shouting Amu, amu, amu amu, we created their ibo language for them. Because of their cave men mentality then, they could not master the complexity of stresses and patterns in language. We codified their language so simple without stresses and patterns. One thing for sure, you can take monkey out of cave and tailor him up, but can never take monkey mentality away from him. That’s why the ibos still keep their original monkey language (Amu, amu, amu, amu and amu)
That is why after we helped you formulate your language you still make use of that "amu".
Reply back and let me show the link on the internet. Cool Cool Cool That's where you get Amu-ni wuru wuru of iboland, Amunike, Amucaechi, Amuchukwu, Amueze, Amuani, Amuocha, Amukoro, Amuchukwu, Amunuobi, Amuchineke, Amudarego, Amuniaka, Amuachi and other Amu amu type of shits. They even name captital of their state after their first language Abia, Amuoya.

No wonder, just because you would have to pass through Ekiti first if you are coming to SW, they killed and ate all our Idanre monkeys. Before Igbo, our Idanre monkeys are 1,000,000 super-strong, now if you go to Idanre, you will be surprised to find zero monkey.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 27, 2012

Enough said!!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by aljharem(m): 2:31pm On May 27, 2012
akigbemaru: Yorubas great ancestors had been urbanized 2000 BC.
1) Many of your troglodyte Igbo people back then lived on hills and caves. We did show them the taste of urbanity.
2) They didn't have clothes; we did sow "Aso Oke" for them to wear while they roamed around.
3) They couldn't speak just like monkey in the jungle, we did write language for them to speak. Now, Igbo people say Yoruba copied them.
Let me tell you from the history, the whole language you speak before modernity was so similar to that of our monkeys in Idanre hills, that cried "Amu Amu Amu" from our Idanre Hills. That is why after we helped you formulate your language you still make use of that "amu". grin grin grin grin
Reply back and let me show the link on the internet. Cool Cool Cool That's where you get Amunike, Amucaechi, Amuchukwu, Amueze, Amuani, Amuocha, Amuachi and other Amu amu type of shits. They even name captital of their state after their first language Abia, Amuoya.

No wonder, just because you would have to pass through Ekiti first if you are coming to SW, they killed and ate all our Idanre monkeys. Before Igbo, our Idanre monkeys are 1,000,000 super-strong, now if you go to Idanre, you will be surprised to find zero monkey. undecided undecided undecided undecided
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't see reason for your outburst undecided

My brother please remain cool cool
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 2:55pm On May 27, 2012
ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. SIMPLY WATCH FROM THE HISTORIAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8yQmfQsyc
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by coldiz: 3:18pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: I could care less about bini and their stupid history... This stupid thread was created by an Igbo clown anyways..

Bini NEVER ruled over my people, period.. Claim your Eko (Lagos Island) which is less than 1/1000 of Lagos land mass... Ijebu people are proud people, and bini can't defeat us even in our sleep..

Bini history is overrated, and they're irrelevant to us.. They live in a landlocked state, and their only access to the see is through Itsekiri (Ijebu descent) land... Edo can go phuck itself in the arse for all I care. undecided

Oh well, wat can I say?... Someone's ego is being seriously bruised here... We(Edo) ruled u(Ijebu) in the past and we will still rule u now if the need arises... All thesame I really enjoyed d history on this thread even though some peeps are jst blinded by mere pride...
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ib0221: 3:25pm On May 27, 2012
@akigbemaru: pls dear co-citizen, i beg in the name and with all/anything that is dear to you stop/cool down.
and to the internet warriors -yorubas are only courteous and not everybody can condone your excesses.
you have forgotten that isreal owe egypt as warned in scripture.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2012
warrior101:

The english you speak today was coined from german and a little bit of other languages. The original native of the place called britain were celtic/Gaelib speaking people i.e scots,welsh and irish until ancient germanic people invaded and later became english... Go check, the queen fore parents are germans... Also todays austria are of the same ancient germanic tribe. My point is that you can not go on and begin to ask if a briton feels like a german. Now apply that to the binis and yoruba issue
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2012
warrior101:

The english you speak today was coined from german and a little bit of other languages. The original native of the place called britain were celtic/Gaelib speaking people i.e scots,welsh and irish until ancient germanic people invaded and later became english... Go check, the queen fore parents are germans... Also todays austria are of the same ancient germanic tribe. My point is that you can not go on and begin to ask if a briton feels like a german. Now apply that to the binis and yoruba issue

Based on your explanation,
then a Briton is a German
and b vice versa, just like
Binin and Yoruba?

Hope no misconception!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2012
preciousoz: I am not Yoruba and will Never be. When U take a good look at me, U see no tribal Marks, I don't tell lies and betray people so easily. Am not a traitor and definitely not a coward. Our prince Ruled over them and we went there to get our Son back.

@ poster, go get a life outside this Forum.

Am NOT Yoruba.

Are u happy and relieved now?
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 3:48pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, it is for similar cultural bullying that the Midwest left the Western Region (a lesson in history). It is worth realising that the victim cultures of these threatening, never ending streams of nebulous claims always feel violated.

''......always feel violated''
Yoruba's or Bini's or both?
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by OneNaira6: 3:54pm On May 27, 2012
Wow After the Edo have spoken, this 1diots turn it into an Igbo thread and blame it on Igbo despite having less Igbo repliees on this thread than Edo. I laugh die.

Some people are pathetic!!!

@ akigebemaru
Not just Igbo yoruba gave their language and culture. una gave the white man their language and culture. Chei add in Africa as in total, even Chinese and Indians, actually add in the entire world. I laugh die.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by fatadis: 3:58pm On May 27, 2012
Yorubas like oily soup, Yorubas are owambe, Yorubas are coward and yet almost every tribe in Nigeria has one similiarity or other tied to the Yorubas. One thing that is certain is dat we Yorubas have our own unique culture and traditions which cannot be tied to anyother culture in the whole world. We are proud to be Yorubas. Even to the people that worshiped the gods all over the world I.e god of iron, god of thunder, goddest of ocean the incantation must be in yoruba before those gods answers think about it.

1 Like

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 4:02pm On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: Things Edo people dont have in common with Yoruba people;

1. Language

2. Tribal mark

3. Aso-ebi

4. Oily soup

5. Owambe party

6. Cowardice

7. Obese and bleached women

9. Dancing out of rythm

10. Rolling on the ground to greet.

Things they share in common

1. History

2. Culture

3. Yahoo Yahoo

What abt bleeping?
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 4:02pm On May 27, 2012
fatadis: Yorubas like oily soup, Yorubas are owambe, Yorubas are coward and yet almost every tribe in Nigeria has one similiarity or other tied to the Yorubas. One thing that is certain is dat we Yorubas have our own unique culture and traditions which cannot be tied to anyother culture in the whole world. We are proud to be Yorubas. Even to the people that worshiped the gods all over the world I.e god of iron, god of thunder, goddest of ocean the incantation must be in yoruba before those gods answers think about it.

coldiz:

Oh well, wat can I say?... Someone's ego is being seriously bruised here... We(Edo) ruled u(Ijebu) in the past and we will still rule u now if the need arises... All thesame I really enjoyed d history on this thread even though some peeps are jst blinded by mere pride...

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. SIMPLY WATCH FROM THE HISTORIAN. LANGUAGE, NUMBERS ALL ORIGINATED FROM THE YORUBAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8yQmfQsyc
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by OneNaira6: 4:05pm On May 27, 2012
Quotes from OP in other threads
It is crystal clear that Buhari is the one fanning the embers of violence in this country. Yorubas will not vote for him even if Awolowo should rise from his grave to run with him, talk less of one Tinubu. Mtschewww

https://www.nairaland.com/938100/dog-baboon-soaked-blood-buhari#10826500

Eje ki a se ipade rannpe kan. Ki awon aboki ati awon ajekutamamomi ma month ohun ti a n jiroro.
Ti Orileede Naijiria ba pin, bawo ni kia se see si? Ije o dara ti a ba pin bi, abi o dara ki a wa po?

https://www.nairaland.com/941218/ipade-pataki-gbogbo-omo-yoruba#10857218

Anyway answer question? Obiagu have the ability to speak yoruba since when?
By the way, if he used his originals id to ask the first question why wouldn't he just use it again to ask that same question since he has nothing to fear as supported by his action the first time. ROFLMFAO. So he went and learned a new language in remarkably months just to pretend to be yoruba.

ROFLMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin
This sh1t is starting to get comical, blame igbo people have arrived. grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2012
Kelskelly:
The fact that you are lost does not mean all Edos are. I'm a proper Edo man, and i've never seen myself as yoruba, even though my local dialect is a mix of bini and yoruba. For one thing, we don't eat wattery soup like yorubas.

Your points again pls?
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2012
cashmentor: If you do a trace back, don't be shock that your folks might have had a mixed marriage.... Edo North is mostly occupied by Northerners and Muslim settlers e.g Yoruba: that tells it all.... Benin's have names like Adesuwa, Ayomide, Oduwa etc! Do you think that make 'em yoruba or make 'em feel more Yoruba than Benin? NO.... Why? These too are Bini names with Bini Meanings to it.... But yours, Asiwaju, has got some few dark spots!

I think sharing of names
should be mutual then!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2012
tosank:

Don't you think the things you listed are VIRTUES? Shame on the womb that gave birth to you if you don't.

Not all!
Abusive!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Fulani Siddika Sanusi Rides On Horse To Her Husband's House In Style / The Future Of African Traditional Religion. / Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.