Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? (35640 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by cashmentor(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ cashmentor, Ayomide is not a Bini name by the way.
hmmmm! Might be, might not be, buh know of 2 close pals by that name....and from their heritage, generation and tribe, they look more Bini to Me...
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 27, 2012
coldiz:
Oh well, wat can I say?... Someone's ego is being seriously bruised here... We(Edo) ruled u(Ijebu) in the past and we will still rule u now if the need arises... All thesame I really enjoyed d history on this thread even though some peeps are jst blinded by mere pride...

Can you even compete with Ijebus in all aspects of life cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm not even comparing Edo to Yoruba, that's disrespectful - let's compare Edo to Ijebu lol... We will colonise Edo state, if we really want to... Edo is irrelevant!! cool
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 27, 2012
One_Naira: [s]
Dude do you really enjoy others viewing you as ignorant. I don't get why you allow others to think of you as such but unfortunately that's the image you continue to give.
Quotes from OP in other threads

https://www.nairaland.com/938100/dog-baboon-soaked-blood-buhari#10826500

https://www.nairaland.com/941218/ipade-pataki-gbogbo-omo-yoruba#10857218

Anyway answer question? Obiagu have the ability to speak yoruba since when?
By the way, if he used his originals id to ask the first question why wouldn't he just use it again to ask that same question since he has nothing to fear as supported by his action the first time. ROFLMFAO. So he went and learned a new language in remarkably months just to pretend to be yoruba.

ROFLMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin
This sh1t is starting to get comical, blame igbo people have arrived. grin grin grin grin

[/s]

Who created the thrash below:

https://www.nairaland.com/862912/myth-reality-yoruba-closer-edos

^^Isn't that Obiagu1?? You guys thrive on worrying your lives about what Yoruba people do.. Tell Obiagu1 to get a life!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by OneNaira6: 4:53pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: [/s]

Who created the thrash below:

^^Isn't that Obiagu1?? You guys thrive on worrying your lives about what Yoruba people do.. Tell Obiagu1 to get a life!

Oh this dude is comical as f2k.
I ask again since when did Obiagu have the ability to speak Yoruba? Did he magically learn the language in months or wetin?

I asked you a question pertain that link provided by you or did you miss it?

By the way, if he used his original id to ask the first question why wouldn't he just use it again to ask that same question since he has nothing to fear as supported by his action the first time. ROFLMFAO. So he went and learned a new language in remarkably months just to pretend to be yoruba or just to embarrass una with this thread.

I laugh die. Dude you are hilarious.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by SamAfrik(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2012
I apologise to Igbo brodas for wat akigbemaru wrote. But ur sensitivity & spontaneity amazes me. You shd av allowed the cultures involved exchange historical facts in peace.
And to all Yorubas, pls lets maintain d diplomacy u'r known for. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by aljharem(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2012
SamAfrik: I apologise to Igbo brodas for wat akigbemaru wrote. But ur sensitivity & spontaneity amazes me. You shd av allowed the cultures involved exchange historical facts in peace.
And to all Yorubas, pls lets maintain d diplomacy u'r known for. Thanks.
cool cool cool cool cool

Thank you, That is why I decided to leave this thread. There is no point for the outburst really,

I have a saying

What would be would be. smiley

I also apologise to the Igbos and anyother person that felt insulted on behalf of me and other yorubas here. smiley
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 27, 2012
One_Naira: [s]

Oh this dude is comical as f2k.
I ask again since when did Obiagu have the ability to speak Yoruba? Did he magically learn the language in months or wetin?

I asked you a question pertain that link provided by you or did you miss it?

I laugh die. Dude you are hilarious.
[/s]

https://www.nairaland.com/862912/myth-reality-yoruba-closer-edos

^^^Who created that topic? Both Yeske! and Afam4eva speak Yoruba - so, why do you think Obiagu1 doesn't speak Yoruba?
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by OneNaira6: 5:21pm On May 27, 2012

^^^Who created that topic?

You are still not answering my question.

Obiagu yoruba, when did he learn it? how did he do such an impossible task of learning how to speak and write in a separate from his language in just few months. Biko answer grin grin grin

second question

By the way, if he used his original id to ask the first question why wouldn't he just use it again to ask that same question since he has nothing to fear as supported by his action the first time. ROFLMFAO. So he went and learned a new language in remarkably months just to pretend to be yoruba or just to embarrass una with this thread.

The answer to your question: Obiagu started the thread, now answer my question pertaining to your accusation to him.

This is too comical. grin grin grin grin
Anyway dude, you ain't even have to answer. I just wanted to laugh and you gave it to me.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 27, 2012
PeterKbaba:

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. SIMPLY WATCH FROM THE HISTORIAN. LANGUAGE, NUMBERS ALL ORIGINATED FROM THE YORUBAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8yQmfQsyc

This Doc is all over the place and appears to have created a body of work which only exists within the realm of fantasy.
In my time I have met many like him, who are easily given to flights of fancy grin grin grin

It makes interesting viewing alright - pure, unadulterated, comical relief!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: Benin sons are God's gift to Nigeria!!
https://www.nairaland.com/908378/survey-nigerians-most-educated-u.s/5#10546349
^^^
earlier

shymmex: I could care less about bini. . .
Edo can go phuck itself in the arse for all I care.
shymmex: Edo is irrelevant!!
^^^
this thread

Dude, you're getting too emotional. undecided That's part of why I won't stick around threads like this too long. I hope you come to terms with whatever it is that's got you holding grudges against different Nigerian groups bro. Later.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2012
The annoying thing is, in a few months time or maybe a year this same kind of topic will be repeated except perhaps in a different form and people on both sides may go to such extremes that I can never easily recuse myself from commenting on the topic. Anyway, I think I'll retire permanently from commenting on this type of topic.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by OneNaira6: 6:29pm On May 27, 2012

^^^Who created that topic? Both Yeske! and Afam4eva speak Yoruba - so, why do you think Obiagu1 doesn't speak Yoruba?
grin grin grin Dude you are too funny. Because an Igbo person speaks yoruba, according to you that means every-other Igbo should also be able to speak Yoruba. LOL so ,following that line, it should imply onila, onlytruth, odumchi, ejine, etc including I should be able to speak Yoruba. Dude you are funny. I am aware he cannot speak, the same way I know onlytruth, onila, etc cannot speak Yoruba nor Hausa nor ibibio, etc. The words are never used in their conversation pattern, etc.

Anyway dude I told you you didn't need to answer. Though I started out seriously but your lack of words sortof showed a comedian aspect therefore I clinged on to it. You do not need to keep digging yourself into the hole anymore. I careless about the answer anyway
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 27, 2012
PhysicsQED:
https://www.nairaland.com/908378/survey-nigerians-most-educated-u.s/5#10546349
^^^
earlier

^^^
this thread

Dude, you're getting too emotional. undecided That's part of why I won't stick around threads like this too long. I hope you come to terms with whatever it is that's got you holding grudges against different Nigerian groups bro. Later.

Everyone in Nigeria is God's gift to Nigeria - but that doesn't negate the fact that edo history overrated.. You guys need to stop including us among the people you conquered, Ijebus are proud people.. We don't even respect the Oba of Lagos, his kingdom starts and end on Lagos Island... Awujale is our King - and Oniru is more important to us than the Oba of Lagos.

I don't talk bad about Bini till you guys start mouthing off about people you never lorded over... I don't hate any Nigerian group - but you guys need to stop disrespecting my own group, period.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ayobase(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex:

Everyone in Nigeria is God's gift to Nigeria - but that doesn't negate the fact that edo history overrated.. You guys need to stop including us among the people you conquered, Ijebus are proud people.. We don't even respect the Oba of Lagos, his kingdom starts and end on Lagos Island... Awujale is our King - and Oniru is more important to us than the Oba of Lagos.

I don't talk bad about Bini till you guys start mouthing off about people you never lorded over... I don't hate any Nigerian group - but you guys need to stop disrespecting my own group, period.

Kudos!
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Yeske2(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2012

What my ID up there implies is what i fail to understand.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 7:40pm On May 27, 2012
eGuerrilla:

This Doc is all over the place and appears to have created a body of work which only exists within the realm of fantasy.
In my time I have met many like him, who are easily given to flights of fancy grin grin grin

It makes interesting viewing alright - pure, unadulterated, comical relief!

YOU WONDER WHY YORUBAS ARE SO RESPECTED IN THE WORLD... YORUBA IS NOT A LANGUAGE, BUT A RELIGION, EVEN THE POPE AND ALL RELIGION LEADERS WERE SITED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYi7XcmzAUc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oye-hUO5bNU&feature=related
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2012
Shymmex, if you really think what you wrote was a totally reasonable or not emotionally compromised reaction to what I wrote about Ijebu and Benin and that it doesn't suggest some kind of grudge, then fine, but I can't say that I agree.
Just for the record, you, and not I, brought up the issue of conquest of Ijebu in that other thread. I never brought it up because I never made it a point on this forum to specifically focus too much or dwell too long on the conquest aspect of Benin's history, although I know that there are other Edo posters that may dwell on or over-emphasize that to the annoyance of other people. When you asked about Ijebu and Benin it did not read like you had that much emotional investment in what the answer was, so I gave you an honest answer. There are many things I am unsure of in this world, but what I wrote in answering your question is not really one of them. It was not about disrespecting your group or 'mouthing off', but just a straightforward answer about some of the sources (there are others) in which to seek information that would resolve your question. I hope it's clear that my response was not due to disrespect for your group or others. Once again, see you later.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex:

An observation @shymmex.

For someone who professes broad-mindedness - no doubt acquired through much study and experience - elsewhere on these boards (https://www.nairaland.com/908378/survey-nigerians-most-educated-u.s/5#10546349, you do yourself a serious disservice by drawing on an ethnocentric card every so often.

Why do you get riled so easily and resort to throwing toys out of the pram with such alarming frequency?

I have seen you start discussion-threads geared to elevating the debate about the way forward, where you often provide pretty sound analysis - at least to begin with.
But it must also be said that you always default to the lowest common denominator, allowing inconsistencies and double-speak to hold sway, at a particular prompt. Why?

What is the mission, bro?

Each generation must, out of relative obscurity, discover its mission, fulfill it, or betray it
~ Frantz Fanon
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 8:06pm On May 27, 2012
eGuerrilla:

An observation @shymmex.

For someone who professes broad-mindedness - no doubt acquired through much study and experience - elsewhere on these boards (https://www.nairaland.com/908378/survey-nigerians-most-educated-u.s/5#10546349, you do yourself a serious disservice by drawing on an ethnocentric card every so often.

Why do you get riled so easily and resort to throwing toys out of the pram with such alarming frequency?

I have seen you start discussion-threads geared to elevating the debate about the way forward, where you often provide pretty sound analysis - at least to begin with.
But it must also be said that you always default to the lowest common denominator, allowing inconsistencies and double-speak to hold sway, at a particular prompt. Why?

What is the mission, bro?

Each generation must, out of relative obscurity, discover its mission, fulfill it, or betray it
~ Frantz Fanon

YOU WONDER WHY YORUBAS ARE SO RESPECTED IN THE WORLD... YORUBA IS NOT A LANGUAGE, BUT A RELIGION, EVEN THE POPE AND ALL RELIGION LEADERS WERE SITED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYi7XcmzAUc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oye-hUO5bNU&feature=related
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 8:23pm On May 27, 2012
[b]THE ONLY REASON WHY ANY TRIBE CRITICIZES US THE YORUBA'S , IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THEIR INFERIORITY COMPLEX. IT'S SIMPLY SO GLARING THAT EVERY STATE KNOWS FOR A FACT THAT LAGOS IS THE MOST DEVELOPED. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IT IS... IF LAGOS IS NOT, TELL ME WHAT STATE IS. EVEN ABUJA DOESN'T COME CLOSE. I'M TALKING INTERMS OF INVESTMENT AND NOT OIL MONEY. EVEN LAGOS AS CRUDE OIL, SO WHAT THE FCK MEHN..

MY FELLOW YORUBA'S!!! PLS AND PLS, DONT LET OTHER TRIBES COME ON THIS SITE TO TRY AND GET INFORMATION ON WHAT BINDS THE YORUBA PEOPLE TOGETHER. THE ARE ONLY ENVIOUS OF THE FACT THAT WE ARE SO UNITED AND WE DONT CARE ABOUT RELIGION... RELIGION IS MAN MADE, CHRISTIANITY WAS MADE BY THE WEST TO GAIN POLITICAL POWER AND ECONOMICAL POWER, SAME WITH THE MIDDLE EAST AND MUSLIMS.... YORUBA IS A RELIGION... PLS CLICK YORUBA RELIGION ON YOUTUBE AND RESEARCH..

YORUBA RELIGION IS ALL OVER THE WOULD AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT TRIBES... ITS ALL OVER BRAZIL, CUBA, MEXICO, VENEZUELA, SOUTH AMERICA TO MENTION A FEW..

SO PLS DONT GIVE IN TO ALL THIS PEOPLE BATTLING WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX.... WHY CAN'T ANY OTHER TRIBE COME OUT AND GIVE PROOVE AND FACTS WITH LINKS AND PICTURES OF WHAT MAKES THEIR STATE BETTER THAN LAGOS.

NOW I KNOW ALL THIS EVIL DOERS ARE ONLY TRYING TO GET INFORMATION TO CAUSE DESTRUCTION!!! BEWARE OF THOSE THAT SMILE WITH YOU, BUT WITH EVIL IN THEIR HEART

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY REASON WHY ANY TRIBE CRITICIZES US THE YORUBA'S , IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THEIR INFERIORITY COMPLEX. IT'S SIMPLY SO GLARING THAT EVERY STATE KNOWS FOR A FACT THAT LAGOS IS THE MOST DEVELOPED. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IT IS... IF LAGOS IS NOT, TELL ME WHAT STATE IS. EVEN ABUJA DOESN'T COME CLOSE. I'M TALKING INTERMS OF INVESTMENT AND NOT OIL MONEY. EVEN LAGOS AS CRUDE OIL, SO WHAT THE FCK MEHN..

MY FELLOW YORUBA'S!!! PLS AND PLS, DONT LET OTHER TRIBES COME ON THIS SITE TO TRY AND GET INFORMATION ON WHAT BINDS THE YORUBA PEOPLE TOGETHER. THE ARE ONLY ENVIOUS OF THE FACT THAT WE ARE SO UNITED AND WE DONT CARE ABOUT RELIGION... RELIGION IS MAN MADE, CHRISTIANITY WAS MADE BY THE WEST TO GAIN POLITICAL POWER AND ECONOMICAL POWER, SAME WITH THE MIDDLE EAST AND MUSLIMS.... YORUBA IS A RELIGION... PLS CLICK YORUBA RELIGION ON YOUTUBE AND RESEARCH..

YORUBA RELIGION IS ALL OVER THE WOULD AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT TRIBES... ITS ALL OVER BRAZIL, CUBA, MEXICO, VENEZUELA, SOUTH AMERICA TO MENTION A FEW..

SO PLS DONT GIVE IN TO ALL THIS PEOPLE BATTLING WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX.... WHY CAN'T ANY OTHER TRIBE COME OUT AND GIVE PROOVE AND FACTS WITH LINKS AND PICTURES OF WHAT MAKES THEIR STATE BETTER THAN LAGOS.

NOW I KNOW ALL THIS EVIL DOERS ARE ONLY TRYING TO GET INFORMATION TO CAUSE DESTRUCTION!!! BEWARE OF THOSE THAT SMILE WITH YOU, BUT WITH EVIL IN THEIR HEART

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY REASON WHY ANY TRIBE CRITICIZES US THE YORUBA'S , IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THEIR INFERIORITY COMPLEX. IT'S SIMPLY SO GLARING THAT EVERY STATE KNOWS FOR A FACT THAT LAGOS IS THE MOST DEVELOPED. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IT IS... IF LAGOS IS NOT, TELL ME WHAT STATE IS. EVEN ABUJA DOESN'T COME CLOSE. I'M TALKING INTERMS OF INVESTMENT AND NOT OIL MONEY. EVEN LAGOS AS CRUDE OIL, SO WHAT THE FCK MEHN..

[/b]
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by ib0221: 9:37pm On May 27, 2012
@akigbemaru: i appreciate n thank u for keeping off.
@peterkbaba: pls let everybody keep off tribalism atleast for now.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PeterKbaba: 10:25pm On May 27, 2012
ib0221: @akigbemaru: i appreciate n thank u for keeping off.
@peterkbaba: pls let everybody keep off tribalism atleast for now.

You are right, but im so tired of people always criticizing us... Aba! are we the only state in Nigeria...
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by awesomebenji(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2012
PapaBrowne: How on earth can we see ourselves as Yorubas?? Where do you live?? Why are Yorubas so love struck with the Binis?? Its a good thing though! We love you back.

First, Edos have a well documented history and culture that dates back to the 9th century. Well documented I said.
Secondly, Edo is a forbear of various ethnic groups both in the country and outside. These groups have their history and ancestory tied to the EDO heritage. From Uhrobos to Itsekiris to Isokos in the south all the way to Lagos in the west. Interestingly, the whole of Lagos traditional rulership was set up by the Binis. The word Eko is a Bini word. Ever wonder why it is called the Oba of Lagos?
While I wouldn't want to argue history here I would just tell you to judge between these two accounts

Yorubas say Oduduwa fell from heaven.
Edos say Oduduwa was the son of of an Ogiso whose name is Izoduwa(bini word) who was banished from the kingdom. The Benin account is very detailed and laced with real and practical stories and names. The Yoruba account is mere Folklore. Judge for yourself which is right.

The question should be whether the Yorubas see themselves as Edos and not the other way round. And I believe the answer is yes, which is why Yorubas have this love affinity with everything Bini.

GOD BLESS U. I'M A YORUBA BUT D HISTORY OF YORUBA IS VERY BAD. IMAGINE, HOW CAN OUR FOREFATHER, ODUDUWA, FELL 4RM HEAVEN? EVEN EGBA TRIBES IN OGUN STATE BELIEVE DAT LISABI ENTERD D GROUND LIVE ND USUALY COME OUT YEARLY DURING CELEBRTN?
MAYBE WE SHLD GO BACK 2 BENIN 2 RETRACE OUR SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Revolva(m): 12:09am On May 28, 2012
Haha yorubas still no wan gree say dem comot from the binis imagine saying oduduwa fell from the sky its like the videi game god of war when kratos fell from the sky to take vengance hahahaah
Pls oduduwa came from. Bini ok its just that the edo people are fewer in population than the yorubas and the yorubas are more educated that's wgy they been turning the story round haba
Well yoruba and igalas have the same resemblance of language ok I think I will start a thread bout this
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by Obiagu1(m): 12:59am On May 28, 2012
shymmex: It's funny how threads like this about Yoruba are created by igbo posters (obiagu1) - and most of the clowns who troll, and post dumb comments on the same thread are igbos... You guys are inbred with tribalism, and hatred for Yoruba people..

Abeg, don't link me with this thread with silly title. How would someone ask such a silly question: Do Edo people see themselves as Yorubas? That's pretty dumb!
In addition, I don't speak Yoruba and I don't use multiply monikers. I despise people like you and Alh Harem that have multiple monikers. It's pretty much a character disorder; you can't be 2 or more different persons at the same time to make a point.
If I have to comment or create a post, I do so being me and will defend my position with logic. I don't have character disorder like you.
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by UncleJJ(m): 1:29am On May 28, 2012
grin

5 Likes

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by jason123: 2:45am On May 28, 2012
UncleJJ: Truth be told, this is just another conspiracy by the Yoruba people to dominate anything or anyone they can. Yes, Edo and Yoruba share some history but its not enough to say the Edo come from the Yoruba's , even though this is what i was taught in the past. Bt, as we all know - back then the Yoruba "dominated" the education sector and it would have been easy for them to bury the truth.

There is a part of Edo land that speak yoruba's - they are called "Akoko Edo". The Nupe's too have a Yoruba names, i believe - this scenario of finding the Yoruba people in certain place can be traced to their culture of "it's no big deal if a girl gets pregnant out of wedlock".

On the case of the Yoruba man supporting the Edo - please all you 'tori-olo' niggas - Edo land jst dey carry one eye look you. ACN had nothing to do with Oshiomole's past and soon coming victories. Edo Land knows where to go to when thier is fire - and it is certainly not to the yoruba people, you guys have a long history of cowardice and betrayal - which is not synonymous to the Edo man. This is the hard truth - but it must be told. You cant be trusted !!! Shegu - masu kashi a' leather !!

And, oooh yeah - i am from edo state "Auchi" to be precise @@

SMH!

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by UncleJJ(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
Sai hakuri - 2015 is going to the north. No hope until the north complete its 12 yrs. GEJ, has proven that the south-politikos know nothing about politics and ruling this country. Every decision GEJ makes is a wrong move - which amplifies his inexperience as an administrator.

FYI - pops frm SS . mums frm SE . me grown up in NE , now making green in the SW!

Believe it or not , i know what am saying. The northerner are natural politicians and the igbos natural businessmen while the yoruba's are gifted in education.

If this country, must return to its lost glory - their must be division of labour. North should take presidency and major administrative position, east should control commerce and industralization while the west should control the education industry from the university to KG.

https://www.nairaland.com/796197/should-power-return-north-2015/2#9483233
Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:53am On May 28, 2012
Hmmm. . .it's really only on NL that I've heard about any Edo or Edoid people perceiving Yorubas as being cowards and backstabbers/betrayers, but I guess I can only speak for and vouch for the people I've come into immediate contact with. Other people will doubtless have their own differing views, though I'd prefer it if they didn't pretend like they were speaking for entire groups when expressing their own views and opinions.

1 Like

Re: Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? by jason123: 2:56am On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: Hmmm. . .it's really only on NL that I've heard about any Edo or Edoid people perceiving Yorubas as being cowards and backstabbers/betrayers, but I guess I can only speak for and vouch for the people I've come into immediate contact with. Other people will doubtless have their own differing views, though I'd prefer it if they didn't pretend like they were speaking for entire groups when expressing their own views and opinions.

Well, it happens! grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fulani Siddika Sanusi Rides On Horse To Her Husband's House In Style / The Future Of African Traditional Religion. / Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.