Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? (22886 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Why Do Promiscuos Girls Find Husbands Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by free2ryhme: 10:32am On May 28, 2012
Kevin_II: what is it with nigerian girls and the OBSESSION to get married, huh? can't they just live their lives?

Being married shows that you are responsible, decent and got character .. That's the culture in Nigeria
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Mayflowa(m): 10:33am On May 28, 2012
The easiest way for your friend to get married is to arrange to get whoever she is dating now abroad. A gold-digger boyfriend my get stuck on that! lol
Come to think of it, if she couldnt grab a husband at 28, what make her think she would grab anyone soon while in naija?

I usually disagree when guys and gals try to make marriages unimportant and unnecessary. I have lived in many countries abroad, white ladies are also particular about marrying especially when they find love. Just that some just run away from realities. One white chic is currently on my friend's neck for marriage. Who doesn't like companionship. I even found myself needing a companion now. once u get to that age, the urge comes naturally.

White peeps are always having companion from teenager. They kiss openly, caress in train and live together with their partners. When black does that, they are labelled spoilt. Please leave black girls to get married joor.

Lastly, the chance of finding husband at her age abroad is slim. how many ready guys are there? They wud rather go for small girls. They won't even come close to her for relationship. Let her find her man in naija.

4 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by 0108(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

Do I come across as a liar? undecided
dem dey write am for forehead?
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by ibrahim007: 10:39am On May 28, 2012
NO
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2012
Interesting pls, can i have her contact info: i would like to see her and have a discussion with her for good not for evil. Here are my nos:08038234569,07084939971. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by richy5(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2012
i don't know
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 10:51am On May 28, 2012
But_one_day: Interesting pls, can i have her contact info: i would like to see her and have a discussion with her for good not for evil. Here are my nos:08038234569,07084939971. Thank u.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by buJu234: 10:54am On May 28, 2012
here comes the gold diggers.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Interesting pls, can i have her contact info: i would like to see her and have a discussion with her for good not for evil. Here are my nos:08038234569,07084939971. Thank u.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 28, 2012
Lolz...lol....all these guys here, don't u guys want to marry? u all are just busy counseling the young lady & op & not even thinking of hooking up with the lady in question....lolz...abi Nigerian guys are now alergic to marrying Nigerian ladies or to marriage entirely?? Or should I say that all guys on Nairaland are married or not marriage-able Lolz....

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by nomshu(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2012
This one no be problem na. If you need one call me on: 08057246080, my friends and younger ones leaves there. There is no course for alarm. I wish you the very best!

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Ranoscky(m): 11:10am On May 28, 2012
Since marriage is her priority for NOW, then, she should fulfill HER heart desire before makin anymove.

Rano's take!
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by denitro(m): 11:11am On May 28, 2012
MUST SHE MARRY A NIGERIAN?
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by MissEZ(f): 11:11am On May 28, 2012
As a lady living a broad, i will have to echo your friends sentiment and agree that it is more difficult to find a Nigerian man to marry here. You have to be confident in yourself and trust that when the time comes things will fall in place to be able to stay here especially in regards to relationships. If she is open to marrying from another ethnic group/foreigners, that shouldnt be too much of a problem as against marrying your own. I think that if marriage is a priority for her, there is no reason for her to feel bad about putting that first, and atleast she is being honest about wanting to settle down rather than denying it.

For me i think that it is essential that women empower themselves career wise and all, but at the end of the day, having a family is also important and not every woman who desires one is unwise. It is part of our culture and even religion. In negotiating our way through life, it is important to find balance and so it makes me sad when people make it look like wanting to get married is a crime, or my preference for Nigerian men is a bad thing. I find that regardless of the kind of people i meet, there is no place like home, and when Naija men never finish, wetin i de find? But it is my preference. We should learn to respect people's preference because there is a reason behind it.

I wish your friend luck in making a decision.

5 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2012
I am a bussiness guy hia in lagos ''computer village'' am searching for a life partner. Pls tell her to contact me on dis nos:08038234569 or 07084939971, =or email me at: divineosy79@yahoo.ca for gud not for evil.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Dipwater(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Being married shows that you are responsible, decent and got character .. That's the culture in Nigeria
Friend being married doesn't make u responsible cuz I have seen a lot of irresponsible married men and women
@poster I think u are the friend .my advice to u is dat u shuld do wat is gud 4 u ,if u are not in a relationship now and u want to travel out ,friend go ahead after all there is no guarantee dat u wuld find a husband in naija .ur life and happiness is more important than living with a monster ,so do not be desperate and pls don't appear desperate b4 a guy ,trust me baby I have seen dozens of pretty desperate girls above their 30s and its a big turnoff for me. my question for girls is wat were u doing wen u were much yunger ,dat is if u had the oppurtunities .I see too many girls dat do not know wat they want in life at there early 20s .

And criously marriage is a very serious biness. So its beta to be single and be lonely and sad sometimes than being married and very miserble all THE DAYS OF UR LIFE

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by ficoram(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2012
@op.
I can understand your friend fear,but I ll advice her to take to the suggestion Ilaje made earlier-that your friend should summon courage and travel to the uk if she thinks that will be a better option.she should only play her cards well and the right man will come.
One thing I always recommend for my female friends is to- DEPRIVE your boyfriend of sex,be modest,despiracy is not an option,convince a man,with your actions,that u are about the best option for him,be seen as an ambitious woman and leave the rest to destiny to decide.This rule works anywhere. wish her the best.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2012
But_one_day: I am a bussiness guy hia in lagos ''computer village'' am searching for a life partner. Pls tell her to contact me on dis nos:08038234569 or 07084939971, =or email me at: divineosy79@yahoo.ca for gud not for evil.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Mayflowa(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2012
Miss EZ: As a lady living a broad, i will have to echo your friends sentiment and agree that it is more difficult to find a Nigerian man to marry here. You have to be confident in yourself and trust that when the time comes things will fall in place to be able to stay here especially in regards to relationships. If she is open to marrying from another ethnic group/foreigners, that shouldnt be too much of a problem as against marrying your own. I think that if marriage is a priority for her, there is no reason for her to feel bad about putting that first, and atleast she is being honest about wanting to settle down rather than denying it.

For me i think that it is essential that women empower themselves career wise and all, but at the end of the day, having a family is also important and not every woman who desires one is unwise. It is part of our culture and even religion. In negotiating our way through life, it is important to find balance and so it makes me sad when people make it look like wanting to get married is a crime. Another problem i have is when people make it look like wanting to marry a Nigerian is a bad preference. I live abroad and i find that regardless of the kind of people i meet, there is no place like home, and when Naija men never finish, wetin i de find? But it is my preference. We should learn to respect people's preference because there is a reason behind it.

I wish your friend luck in making a decision.

The biggest problem from marrying from another ethnic origin is the cultural difference. You have to be very tolerant and patient less the relationship will crash as it comes.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Dipwater(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2012
DailyNews: Lolz...lol....all these guys here, don't u guys want to marry? u all are just busy counseling the young lady & op & not even thinking of hooking up with the lady in question....lolz...abi Nigerian guys are now alergic to marrying Nigerian ladies or to marriage entirely?? Or should I say that all guys on Nairaland are married or not marriage-able Lolz....
I wuz asking myself dat question too.naija girls are not the only ones dat do not know wat they want I think a lot of guys too,don't know much about life .some will be busy playing away their life only to wake up one day to find demselves luking 4 a reponsible girl dat knows how to cook ,hardworking,pretty,homely,sexy educated,respectful and not above 24 yrs of age RUBBISH I fink a guy shuld be able to work out his relationship with his girl cuz nobody in this cold world can satisfy ur fantasies. If she has like five out of ten, u can still work it out
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Dipwater(m): 11:44am On May 28, 2012
ficoram: @op.
I can understand your friend fear,but I ll advice her to take to the suggestion Ilaje made earlier-that your friend should summon courage and travel to the uk if she thinks that will be a better option.she should only play her cards well and the right man will come.
One thing I always recommend for my female friends is to- DEPRIVE your boyfriend of sex,be modest,despiracy is not an option,convince a man,with your actions,that u are about the best option for him,be seen as an ambitious woman and leave the rest to destiny to decide.This rule works anywhere. wish her the best.
Niga did u say DEPRIVE him of SEX .well ,pips are fuc king dffrnt dawg ,for me I will want to know how gud u are on bed .me luv sex and sex luvs me too
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 28, 2012
Interesting post,I think a lady with homely attitude would not hv problems getting husband anywher she goes to, i feel so disappointed everyday with the way Nigerian girls craze after material things, they want already made men, and when they don't get they begin to complain. Those who go for hustling guys nag all the time,the bottom line is we need to start showing guys that we are different from those girls who can't and don't want to be decent until they are of marriageable age, that way your soul mate will be the one to seek for you and not you worrying sick to get married.

4 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by sashaa(f): 11:58am On May 28, 2012
DailyNews: I have two friends in New York & Texas now, who wants to get married & had been pleading with me to help them find a decent girl in Nigeria to marry, that our Nigerian ladies down there are nothing to write home about, I still wonder why shaa....another of my friend that is doing his masters in UK, is always telling me that Nigerian ladies in UK are not marriage-able, said a lot of ill things about them which makes me wonder if abroad is a curse or a blessing to our ladies? Now to the topic, @op, tell your friend to border less, but honestly, working in Nigeria is far more comfortable, sweeter & profitable than working in America or Europe if its a good co. And couple with her fears, she should ask the co. to pls retain her here in Nigeria until she is emotionally settled to migrate abroad. If then she is lucky enough for the co. to accept her option, then she needs to make herself visible to her kind of men so that she can connect with one soon before it gets too late & by then, she will be seen as a bad lady who had been running around with old men...which may damper her chances of finding a true man to marry for a lasting happy marriage she desires. But then, what has she been doing all these while that she hasn't found herself a fiancee? A man can be completely single @late twenties, cos of so many reasons, but a lady is somewhat hard to believe. I hope this story is not fried up to enlighten us
it always baffles me when people ask what a lady has been doin that she hasnt found a husband/fancee. What does that even mean? Things do not and cannot happen for everyone at the same time. Ok, why is it that we all dont cruise around in flashy cars? Or all have nice houses? Does that mean that the seemingly rich ones among us ar d only ones working hard? Ofcos not! Plz, lets not keep thinking in that manner

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 28, 2012
Rocktation: Tell her to stop bothering her head and do whatever she feels is right to do. Call me archaic, thank you, but I happen to believe in destiny. If it's her destiny to get married, she will get married. Even if she decides to reside in Jupitar.

o gial, dis kain marriage settings no be by any form of destiny o! She has to make a move towards it, else...

I understand her fears, the lack of culture in d diaspora has depleted many virtues that could inspire her to tie the knot (and keep it tied!). Pity. Since she's in her late 20's, make she find one bobo wey go giv am belle. Perhaps being a single mother could be a better option than ''getting married @ 35 and divorced @ 37.''
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by lastpage: 12:26pm On May 28, 2012
I sympathize with this Lady....being stuck between the Devil and a hard Rock! shocked

But the bottom line is that, we all have different luck and where one person has failed, does not mean every other person will fail, thereafter.

Let her be herself, be of "good character" (most singles are just not "marriage material" ), keep good company/friends and pray for her own man. Wherever she is (Nigeria or US), "he" will locate her, God-willing.

Okay, l am a bit worried for her too
.....just go to our "churches" in Europe & America on a Sunday, and see how many "Single Ladies" are asking that the Pastor "pray for a miracle husband" for them!

And to compound the problem, the "second chance" women (those who have messed-up their own marriage) are also competing dangerously for the same men whom these ladies are supposed to hook-up with........and would go to any length to achieve their aim!!

Those who "stand" should be very cautious less they "SLIP"!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by MissEZ(f): 12:26pm On May 28, 2012
Mayflowa:

The biggest problem from marrying from another ethnic origin is the cultural difference. You have to be very tolerant and patient less the relationship will crash as it comes.

I understand that hence my preference for marrying a Nigerian. However some people are capable of managing those differences and per chance they chose to go that route, their decision should be respected. We are all different and are free to make choices provided we can live with the consequences.

sashaa:
it always baffles me when people ask what a lady has been doin that she hasnt found a husband/fancee. What does that even mean? Things do not and cannot happen for everyone at the same time. Ok, why is it that we all dont cruise around in flashy cars? Or all have nice houses? Does that mean that the seemingly rich ones among us ar d only ones working hard? Ofcos not! Plz, lets not keep thinking in that manner

Well said Sashaa. For some reason it is okay for men to wait till 40 to marry and no one questions what they have been doing. But once a woman hits 30, it is assumed that she was busy playing while her mates were getting married. The society demands so much from women and gives so little back. Unfortunately we find very intelligent and hardworking women dumbing themselves down or slowing their progress down just so they can get married. My advice to women is to live up to your full potential, work hard, remain humble and godly. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Rhino5dm: 12:27pm On May 28, 2012
What are the chances of you getting married if you decided to stay back? Afteral, you are almost 30 and still single in nigeria.

Take the chances, invest 6 months over there and access yourself. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 28, 2012
sashaa:

There is no smoke without fire. Maybe d babe dey form levels for guys when she dey her prime. Perhaps doing so becos she probably earns a fat 6-digits with a MultiNC. Well, the tables have turned and she's about to learn the hard way.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by NAJALYN: 12:36pm On May 28, 2012
@Poster, ask your friend to stick to plan and go to the US. She should have the belief that God can help her meet the right man, even abroad.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by ebamma(m): 12:45pm On May 28, 2012
someone might have proposed to dat your friend when she was in her early twenties and she refused, now dat she realised dat she is nearing her expiry date,she come dey desperate 4 husband.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by drnoel: 12:59pm On May 28, 2012
SAFO: ^^^ More Profitable? You sure about that?
I am very sure, cos he told me about it some days ago and we are all flying back in july 4 his trad wedding. They both met in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birthday Delimma: She Bought Me A Car On My Birtday, How Do I Return It? / Types Of Prostitutes You'll Meet In Brothels / What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.