Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? (22888 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Why Do Promiscuos Girls Find Husbands Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by nethacker(m): 12:26am On May 29, 2012
niyitogun:

It's her life, let her decide wats best for her and who she wld spend d rest of her life with...meaning watever makes her happy

Most ladies will do what will make their parents happy. They can't decide for themselves. I am not against respecting your parents but there has to be a border line. Nigerian Parents here are too ethnocentric. You have to marry a guy from your town and all that nonsense. Apart from that, the guy has to be a legal resident with Good Job. This is what a lot of parents tell their daughters while little attention is paid to the lady's attitude.One thing i don't ever pray for is to be at the mercy of our Nigerian ladies here and this is why guys misuse and jilt them.To them, once you are a legal resident with Good job,that is when they will pretend to be who they are not and before you know it, their mothers will start teaching them how to control their men (even with jazz sef ) I have a lot of Nigerian ladies looking for husbands and their criteria is way out of reach. A lot of them are living on paycheck without a solid future plan for themselves so they will end up depending on the guy.I don't think a reasonable guy will like that especially here in US where you have to play your part. It's just a complex riddle to solve. the ones that are good are hard to find, the ones that are not hard to find their parents na issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by member479760: 2:33am On May 29, 2012
when she get there let her immediately searching for doctor, lawyer, financial analyst, engineer, money man in short then she is gonna search for long time.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by babygirlfl: 2:51am On May 29, 2012
SAFO: Nobody is forcing her to go abroad and marry. If she knows it's harder to find a suitable mate then stay in Nigeria and marry till your hearts content.

This really is a stupid thread. It's like Nigerian men are getting blamed for adapting to the culture overseas. That's just how it is. Deal with it or don't go, it's your choice.

BTW, I think this whole pressure to get married thing is a useless, antiquated philosophy. There are certain things Nigerians need to evolve from and that's one of them.

Supported

I am really fed up with the way Nigerians take this Marriage issue. Its like that is some women's ambition. Nigeria women please look beyond marriage. Marriage is important but it should not hold you back.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Zilja(f): 5:02am On May 29, 2012
SAFO: The problem here is that culture in America is different, even Nigerians in America are different. The pressure is coming from back home but there is no pressure over here to settle down so of course you're going to have difficulties finding a suitable companion that fits the criteria you're looking for.

The solution is that that you have to temper your expectations and adjust accordingly. It's a different sorry if you're in Nigeria but as the saying goes "When in Rome act like a Roman". Focus on your reasons for moving abroad in the first place and eventually you'll find a companion but don't expect it to happen overnight.

I concur totally.

So many Nigerian men come and marry, some are everlasting and some are not. At 29 your life is just beginning. Take it by the bull horn and keep moving. Stop trying to make marriage happen when it's obviously not time. It's all about timing.

Gud luck to your friend in her decision making.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 9:21am On May 29, 2012
''YES''
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 9:23am On May 29, 2012
''YES'' Reason because nigerian guys dia will see dem as prostitute?.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2012
''YES'' reason because nigerian guys out dia will see dem as p.r.o.s.t.i.t.u.t.e?
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Butoneday2(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2012
But_one_day: ''YES'' reason because nigerian guys out dia will see dem as p.r.o.s.t.i.t.u.t.e?
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by cheikh: 6:23pm On May 29, 2012
ogugua88
Do I come across as a liar?

@^^ grin Not exactly grin grin. How's your "squeeze"?
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by BUSHMAN1: 7:36pm On May 29, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin and also this cold winter weather here is not helping naija women, it make them look dry and rough, and also so their fake hair make them look horrible why? cant they keep their own hair no matter how small, i mean.. keep it real and natural!!
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by tpia5: 8:19pm On May 29, 2012
busybee24:

because of course being a good guy is native to being in Nigeria... yeesh.....

maybe, maybe not.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by luckgames(m): 8:23pm On May 29, 2012
BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin and also this cold winter weather here is not helping naija women, it make them look dry and rough, and also so their fake hair make them look horrible why? cant they keep their own hair no matter how small, i mean.. keep it real and natural!!

What a BS
Lot of Nigerian women are not doing a good job of keeping their hair looking good
If they are paying for it
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by smith27: 9:36pm On May 29, 2012
grin
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by cheikh: 10:12pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex
But her efo riro, fish soup, and pounded yam has to be top notch.

@^^ ;DThere you have it ladies tongue cool. That's the ultimate certificate/qualification you'll need to make it grin cool.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by cheikh: 10:17pm On May 29, 2012
smith27
Guys abroad too on the other hand are players . if you think men in Nigeria are Bad then try those of us living abroad we are even worst then the women and Dogs put together. all they want is just a nice time and thats its.

@^^ Really? Please speak for yourself shocked sad.
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 29, 2012
It depends on the situation.

I suppose those who prefer traditional weddings and live in communities highly populated by Africans (Nigerians and other African nationals) may have it easier than those who are surrounded by those who do not share their ideal future, ambitions, culture, or the likes.

African women that I know, aren't picky "just cause". Especially those raised to marry "up". For the most part they just won't settle for anybody or anything so that might be a huge factor if they can't find a husband aside from not being around African men.

A lot of African men come to America and completely change their attitudes. They want to "test the waters" with akatas, oyinbos; etc. and THEN want to settle. It's ok for them because an African man can be older and can always marry but for the women, it's a different story. So yes, I am saying generally speaking the women are more mature than their male counterparts (at least the ones I know). It would be hard for an African woman to settle with a man who wants to "play and sample". Those type of African men make the selection much more narrow.

Just my two cents. grin

[size=4pt](let the insults/defensiveness reign!)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 29, 2012
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by luckgames(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin: It depends on the situation.

I suppose those who prefer traditional weddings and live in communities highly populated by Africans (Nigerians and other African nationals) may have it easier than those who are surrounded by those who do not share their ideal future, ambitions, culture, or the likes.

African women that I know, aren't picky "just cause". Especially those raised to marry "up". For the most part they just won't settle for anybody or anything so that might be a huge factor if they can't find a husband aside from not being around African men.

A lot of African men come to America and completely change their attitudes. They want to "test the waters" with akatas, oyinbos; etc. and THEN want to settle. It's ok for them because an African man can be older and can always marry but for the women, it's a different story. So yes, I am saying generally speaking the women are more mature than their male counterparts (at least the ones I know). It would be hard for an African woman to settle with a man who wants to "play and sample". Those type of African men make the selection much more narrow.

Just my two cents. grin

[size=4pt](let the insults/defensiveness reign!)[/size]

You failed to take about the Nigerian girls here or the once that was brought here(U.K, Canada and U.S) completely change their attitudes or the once here have attitude problem
No understanding America culture failing to create a balance between Africa and America culture
There are issues in Africa, Caribbean, Indian living in the developed countries of the world get marriage U.K, Canada and U.S
It is not a Nigerian issue
I was very luck to been visiting a Caribbean friend year ago
I was listing to some young girls talk about the problem of going back to the Caribbean to bring husband
The issue these young ladies talked about was the same issue for Nigerian men and women
Are Nigerian girls , married and unmarried not "test the waters" with akatas, oyinbos;-----Please don't play me
because I know better
Nigeria women tried to play the Angle and innocent
You are from the Caribbean?
What make Nigeria issue a bigger problem is materialism compare to Caribbean, Indians maybe other Africa countries
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by sashaa(f): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
fluid26:

I agree with u on d point raised. However, I've one q? 4 u dear. If d girl in q? Shares ur school of thought, why does d subject bother her to d extent of probably cancelling the trip altogether? Doesn't it present her as someone who missed out on something she shouldnt have overlooked?
not at all
Re: Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? by ccollins(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2012
Let she be a celebrity and she would get a husband for sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Types Of Prostitutes You'll Meet In Brothels / What's Your Experience Being 'catfished'? / Wierd Things You Like About The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.