Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (35593 Views)

Poll: Would you date your age mate?

No: 23% (43 votes)
Yes: 51% (92 votes)
Neutral: 10% (18 votes)
I prefer someone older: 15% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by tlops(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2012
shadrach77: it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy

Says who?

There is nothing wrong as long as you understand each other. Gaining respect is not a matter of age but maturity... Age is not much of a determinant...

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by olsmade(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2012
Reasons Y u should - my parents did and here I am - now tell me u don't want more of me around.
But seriously, aside all d culture BS, don't see any biggie in it. Btw my mom who is 2yrs younger than my dad actually looks 15 yrs younger so overgeneralisation myt be deceptive - imagine my father came on NL b4 he got married n saw dis thread n decided against getting married to my mom - what a loss it would have been, not just for him but for all of humanity grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ImaIma1(f): 5:35pm On May 28, 2012
i dont bliv ders anything wrong with dating ur age mate. as long as there is respect btw both pple,it will work. a man cld be 10 yrs older than his wife n she'l still be disrespectful.

and talking abt aging faster. younger girls cld start looking older.wht matters is how u pay attention to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by DDN: 5:35pm On May 28, 2012
If u can Bleep her well, go ahead and date her, the respect is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by henrico247(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2012
Well there is nothing bad in it. The most important thing is love. If they love each other,l think they will conquer. But guys should always bear in mind that girls ages faster than guys. As for me,am 10years older than my girl and we love and understand each other so so much. Love conquers all.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by cindyrella(f): 5:39pm On May 28, 2012
Yeah sure you can, as long as you respect each other.. age is just a number.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 28, 2012
@ Op the success of a relationship matters most,if u av well endowed finanacially meaning u can take care of ur family then forget about ageing of ur partner.destinies are different

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Whiteguru: 5:53pm On May 28, 2012
Date is ok but think thrice before you walk down the aisle!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Jumaisha(f): 6:04pm On May 28, 2012
Age is not a bearer in a relationship. What matter most is LOVE.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by EACBLAZE: 6:06pm On May 28, 2012
@OP, Hence there is love and understanding, More so, if she is wise enough to make positive contributions to your life, I see no big deal in that. IMHO
Anyway is not that which worked for Mr A will work for Mr B. just Put God first to direct you.

In my next world I will marry someone older than I am with 2-3yrs. Because I am over-enjoying my wife who is even a month older than myself

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Roland17(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2012
Don't let people deceive you with words like "if there is Love both of you would be ok" my brother it is very challenging and mentally demanding, its also very sensitive because some of her actions would always trigger some stupid feelings.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by cowgurl: 6:29pm On May 28, 2012
Well, if u must know Op, I once dated my agemate and it was cool even though it ended. And if I were to do it again, I would cos dating someone goes beyond AGE. But I definitely won't date someone am older than cos my PERSON can't stand it.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Goldenheart(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2012
.nothing...bad
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by goddyunac(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2012
yes i will date....no i will not marry her.am man.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by DonDiara(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2012
EAC BLAZE: @OP, Hence there is love and understanding, More so, if she is wise enough to make positive contributions to your life, I see no big deal in that. IMHO
Anyway is not that which worked for Mr A will work for Mr B. just Put God first to direct you.

In my next world I will marry someone older than I am with 2-3yrs. Because I am over-enjoying my wife who is even a month older than myself
Very mature comment, in my own view i see age as a number and understanding each other matters a lot in any kind of relationship. If you date/marry a younger lady and there is no love or understanding i promise you that you will smell your ass. African mentality is too much on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Adahdaniel(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2012
otodeluxe: please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..
Nothing is wrong in dating your age mate. It is even good as there will no advantage of seniority in the relationshop. All that matters is love if there is a clare evidence of it.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by FindOut(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2012
jadesola7: sayin it is wrong cos of respect is an archaic way of thinking imho...my bro is a year younger than his wife
and both are doing just fine...mind u, both are very happy and enormously successful...
Ppl should stop worryin themselves at these types of things...just make sure u have similar values,
enjoy each others company, and u r happy. Except age is extremely important to you, its no biggie
U'ld b surprised dat just as some men want women who totally look up to them...some men want very
strong personalities cos it gives them some kind of emotional security.
Not all men want lily eyed extremely young angels lookin up to them

It is posts like this that make me wish i culd click the ''like'' button a thousand times. You hit the nail on the head man. This is my piece.

@OP,

That you r older than your gf or wife with 10 yrs doesnt mean she cant make your relatnshp/life a living hell.

''women age faster than men'' :/ #yeahrite. Like we dont have some women who are 30, but look 40; & some who are 40 but look 30. & money doesnt always count as to whether your wife will age faster or not.

Age & maturity dont always go together, neither do age & intelligence. There r some girls (& guys) who are in their mid 20s but have the just about the same focus & mindset of a 16 yr old. Yet you come across some 19 yr old girl (i'm a guy) & u feel u r talking to a 30yr old. An intended 5 minute convo stretches to 30 minutes & u dont even notice. At some point, you begin to express doubt if the girl is actually 19. Trust me, a smart mature 18 year old will definitely want to date her, not minding she is older. My point here is age shouldn't really be a factor in relationships (& marriage) especially when the difference isnt that much or easily noticeable.

I'm in my early 20s & one of the girls i've tripped for the most (but not dating) is actually my age mate. Closely following her on the ''most liked'' scale are 2 girls who older than me. Abeg, if the girl is all you need in a woman, no use age excuse deny urself beta opportunity o. I know a girl who's currently biting her fingers coz of a bad decision she made not to date a guy she was older than by just a year.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by NEROSKY(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2012
blessedmayor: taaa! No no no 2 me,i have experienced it.it didn't work @all.d gurl won't supply much respect unless ur financialy strng.
don't be so quick to judge bro..
It tfink it depend on D Kinda person you ar dealing with..
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by MRADOLUDEHINWA(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2012
Obinoscopy: Its not so wonderful dating ur age mate.

Reasons:

1) You might not get the respect you need as the man in the house cry (though there are exceptions where you marry a very humble and modest girl)
2) Women are known to age faster thus on the long run she will end up looking like your mother lipsrsealed (though there are exceptions where a women even looks younger when she ages)
3) You might be out-witted in the house. It has been proven scientifically that girls are wiser than their fellow guys within the same age bracket (though there are some girls who are not that wise; but who'd love to date those. . . lol)

I could go on! But despite the fact that its advisable for a guy to date a gal who he seniors by at least 3-5 years, it cannot be generalised for all relationships. Thus the best thing to do is to critically anlayse the girl you intend having a relationship with and see if you two are compatible.

Regards
yes, a man must be elder to his partner with at least 3 years and at must 6 years, because of their disadvantage when age count on them, they become as old as you mum, besides that, woman also have the menupos stage of giving birth, so men beware, but if she has small stature u can.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by kliverpool(m): 7:12pm On May 28, 2012
only God can judge me .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Sike(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2012
ndidibabe: Date? No biggie. Marry? I doubt
Gbam!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by maybel(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2012
My mate? Who go come marry all these chicks. Abegiii! Tufiapka no be me.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Richsunday4(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2012

Reasons:

1) You might not get the respect you need as the man in the house cry (though there are exceptions where you marry a very humble and modest girl)
2) Women are known to age faster thus on the long run she will end up looking like your mother lipsrsealed (though there are exceptions where a women even looks younger when she ages)
3) You might be out-witted in the house. It has been proven scientifically that girls are wiser than their fellow guys within the same age bracket (though there are some girls who are not that wise; but who'd love to date those. . . lol)

I could go on! But despite the fact that its advisable for a guy to date a gal who he seniors by at least 3-5 years, it cannot be generalised for all relationships. Thus the best thing to do is to critically anlayse the girl you intend having a relationship with and see if you two are compatible.

Regards

Reasons:

Regards
[quote author=Obinoscopy]Its not so wonderful dating ur age mate.

Reasons:

I gbadun ur analysis

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:20pm On May 28, 2012
Why are people writing stuffs like 'date-yes, marriage-no'? Why wud u date smone u have no intention of marrying? Maybe for fun reasons sha undecided.
@op, i can date/marry someone even older than me. It doesn't mean she's gonna respect me any less than she would respect someone older than her. U gotta give respect to earn it man!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 28, 2012
shadrach77: it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy
my wife is my age mate. She respects M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ as if I am 10 years older than her. My friends wife is older than him, she also respects her husband like mad. There's nothing wrong in it. Just understanding.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Phillfree(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2012
Well guys, it all depends o! Because I have bn dating a lady 2yrs older than me for 2yrs now, though I look older and she's has bn very respectful. Not because am financially stronger but the understanding between us. So it depends

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by angiemartinez(f): 9:03pm On May 28, 2012
am suprisd most coment here is al abt d woman aging fast. So r u guys sayn ur wifes wil remain eva young! As 4 me wat counts is d guys maturity. Sm older guys bhaves so childish dat u evn wish he was younga. So age 2 me shd b d last 2 any rlatnshp

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by baaliyah(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
I am 5 months older than my wife. we dated for 10 years before wedding and we hae been married for 8 years. There is nothing wrong with it. We are like friends. If there is another opportunity i will still mary my age mate.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by bknight: 9:29pm On May 28, 2012
Well, but for these exceptions claiming to be or have been in such relationships, its a NO!
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 9:38pm On May 28, 2012
~vicky~:
for dating u can

bt for marriage......get a wife that is younger than you

So that she will respect me, right?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ayobase(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2012
~vicky~:
for dating u can

bt for marriage......get a wife that is younger than you

This is coming from a lady!
So believe!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? / Judith Heard Reports To Police Over Leaked Nude Photos / Ladies, What Type Of Man Do You wish for and the type you intensely dislike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.