Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (35526 Views)

Poll: Would you date your age mate?

No: 23% (43 votes)
Yes: 51% (92 votes)
Neutral: 10% (18 votes)
I prefer someone older: 15% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ayobase(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2012
Dont be surprise if the lady in
question starts talking about
marriage cos she is aging, while
u aint ready as a man.
It could be very annoying!

Besides this, try marshalling
out other theories to see the compatibility.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2012
ayobase:

This is coming from a lady!
So believe!

LOL Maybe am off my hinges now.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by adorebee(f): 10:15pm On May 28, 2012
This post is too logical,cos what worked for me might not work for u.Every one has their own part.A̶̲̥̅♏ 23,bt I want sumone who luks and behaves @least 5 yrs older.Wld feels a baby when he cuddles me.His appearance too wld Earn my respect.All those guys bothered abt the̶̲̥̅̊ women getting old faster,I think its tym for the̶̲̥̅̊ women to also start being bothered abt carrying you guys from one hospital to another for all those ur old blood treatment-------->.Diabetes,HI-Bp,Cardiac arrest,Etc when the̶̲̥̅̊ time comes.ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Kenistry(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2012
there is notin wrong wit it, bt i will advise against it on a general note. d respect my not b there bt it depends on d gal in questn
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by egbule123: 10:32pm On May 28, 2012
if you are a year and a half older than your wife can we classify that as age mates?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by futurehome: 10:34pm On May 28, 2012
Obinoscopy: Its not so wonderful dating ur age mate.

Reasons:

1) You might not get the respect you need as the man in the house cry (though there are exceptions where you marry a very humble and modest girl)
2) Women are known to age faster thus on the long run she will end up looking like your mother lipsrsealed (though there are exceptions where a women even looks younger when she ages)
3) You might be out-witted in the house. It has been proven scientifically that girls are wiser than their fellow guys within the same age bracket (though there are some girls who are not that wise; but who'd love to date those. . . lol)

I could go on! But despite the fact that its advisable for a guy to date a gal who he seniors by at least 3-5 years, it cannot be generalised for all relationships. Thus the best thing to do is to critically anlayse the girl you intend having a relationship with and see if you two are compatible.

Regards

Oga let me tell you out of experience. Age is just a number. My wife and I are age mates and I have never been more respected and honored by anyone. If a woman loves you she will respect and obey you. I have seen guys with younger ladies who have gotten their heads broken and are often insulted in public.
Follow your heart and be prayerful. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by EACBLAZE: 10:40pm On May 28, 2012
Don Diara: Very mature comment, in my own view i see age as a number and understanding each other matters a lot in any kind of relationship. If you date/marry a younger lady and there is no love or understanding i promise you that you will smell your ass. African mentality is too much on Nairaland.

African mentality believes that women are slaves to men, so they re not suppose to be Age mates, which is Rubbish ,
You see men expecting their much younger wives to worship them,when they in-turn abuse them(their wives) simply because of Age issue.

@OP if you re ready to date your age mate be ready to allow it lead to marriage. most people thinks that age is an issue in marriage, as soon as you exchange your marital vows, you guys are automatically age mates (whether 20yrs older or not)

though at first it might not be rosy ,be patient in a short while you start seeing things from the same angle.

only be honest with yourself whether you truly love her that you can overlook certain things.(not when she annoys you, you start blaming Age mates bla blah blah) Just pose yourself as the man of the house not by mere words but by fulfilling your responsibilities the way you can. by that you can earn your respect IMHO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by alexarelano(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2012
it's good but in my on case, it is 16 against 22 ooo
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by bukatyne(f): 11:22pm On May 28, 2012
i wonder wat age has got to do wit genuine love! for those talkin about aging, wat difference ll there be in a 1yr gap or none and 3 - 5yr gap? a husband that wants the submission of his wife must be ready to love her selflessly! a husband loves his wife n she reciprocate wit respect and submission! reading comments like this makes one wonder if people knew wat marriage is al about! it is well!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by xpensive05: 11:27pm On May 28, 2012
Age iz jst a figure...luv n undastndin iz ol dat matas n dats it
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by GustaD: 11:43pm On May 28, 2012
Its gud in a way
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by webizone(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2012
what's wrong with same age? Sm1 said he left a NICE relationship 'cos she was a month older. Nonsense. I wish i have such a r/ship myself. People sef, imagine bleeping ur baby bros true love or ur best friend's daughter. Respect, ko, old age ni, love ke? Abeg.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by aneldaking(m): 1:22am On May 29, 2012
shadrach77: it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy
is dat wat dey taut u in ur church. C follow ur heart wen marrying dnt 4get dat skul does nt hv final year.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by shilling(f): 2:00am On May 29, 2012
Guys afraid that their woman might look older than them if they were age mates can relax as this isn't always the case lol. Obvious, but still wanted to say it.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by naturalmi: 2:36am On May 29, 2012
Nigerians are lurking in abject ignorance. Look at the breed of younger irresponsible girls that filled the vaacum of the so called love zone. They are so disrespectful, timid and unthankful. You cant seem to understand this. People insist they are ductile and able to be heat treated but the answer is no. I would even consider as a male dating a girl of my IQ(>% of older girls and <% of younger girls) to young, timid and insatiable creatures in the name of age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by MMM2(m): 2:46am On May 29, 2012
undecidedOp
Can date ur mum agemate
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ecolime(m): 3:43am On May 29, 2012
The best thing is to date someone who you are compatible with... Being older than your lady doesn't mean she will be submissive to you, it all boils down to her character..
I'm just 4 months older than my fiancee and to me she's a complete package... What else can a real man ask for?
All I can tell you is to date/marry a woman of good virtues and not be obsessed with the age factor.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 4:59am On May 29, 2012
otodeluxe: please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..

FOOL
FOOL
wtf can't you make up your own mind
wimp do what is right for u
ode what would our advise u
lazy arse use your brain
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 5:00am On May 29, 2012
M M M: undecidedOp
Can date ur mum agemate

STFU respect mums
oloshi ni bo lo re pe owa
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 6:14am On May 29, 2012
hawtin:

FOOL
FOOL
wtf can't you make up your own mind
wimp do what is right for u
ode what would our advise u
lazy arse use your brain

Pass pls.. I don't have time for your nonsense. Allow people that want to talk, talk. Gerrout joor! We don't need people like you around here bi-tch. Mtcheeewww
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 6:23am On May 29, 2012
otodeluxe:

Pass pls.. I don't have time for your nonsense. Allow people that want to talk, talk. Gerrout joor! I don't need people like you here bitch. Mtcheeewww

gigolo oshi
why did u create a thread
when you cant handle a comment
come and drag me out of your fada's partio
u think na ur house be this?
i wont go do your worse
fish brain you cant decide what you want
asking nl about age
na we go follow u fcck the babe too
which people want to talk to a small fry like u
who does not have a mind of its own
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by donbod(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2012
there is nothing bad marrying lady that is older

"respect is part of home training so its not a function of age.. ain't we see children disrespecting old age?.

my inlaw is 4mths older than my blood bro. marry 7yrs ago. she is respectful

(i date a girl 4yrs younger when i was in university but respect not),

2ndly the future of human both male n female depends on how we use ourselves and maintenance as well(kat actress).
Even nowadays, men get weary than females
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2012
hawtin:

gigolo oshi
i wont go do your worse
asking nl about age

Go and suck a cock dear, it will cure your sickness and learn how to talk to people you don't know. I know you just wanted to get attention from me..that shouldn't make you insult me anyway. There are many amicable ways of getting someones attention. Didn't you go to school?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 6:44am On May 29, 2012
otodeluxe:

Go and suck a cock dear, it will cure your sickness and learn how to talk to people you don't know. I know you just wanted to get attention from me..that shouldn't make you insult me anyway. There are many amicable ways of getting someones attention. Didn't you go to school?

save the speach for d grandmom who would date u
i dont seek attention from unstable men
i am blunt
u cant make a decision as simple as this
how do you want to handle a home
u r a puccie
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2012
hawtin:

save the speach for d grandmom who would date u
i dont seek attention from unstable men
i am blunt
u cant make a decision as simple as this
how do you want to handle a home
u r a puccie

I know this is as a result of lack of home training. And wait...Don't you have home chores to do this morning? See how irresponsible you are? Do you think any responsible man will marry someone as irresponsible as you. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by AdeCharity: 7:24am On May 29, 2012
otodeluxe: please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..
job vacancies in nigeria; visit:WWW.Wealthandhealth.com.ng
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by etchel(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2012
hawtin:

gigolo oshi
i wont go do your worse
asking nl about age

@hawti... yea yea i personally know you are like one of my ladies .. filled with actions and decide very quickly. The way you do view life and options isnt the way oto sees it. Give him a chance on naira land he deserves to be heard as he grows and take prompt decisions as a man would. Dont bounce on him the way you 're doing right now. keep calm ...haba... a beautiful lady like you should not be this hot with words. we all are here to learn and have fun not to become haters.

Abi you want haters... cos i have alot already i might freely give you mine so we become equal Miss No1 and the only hawti on nairaland

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Bright2(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2012
Carry go! cool
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 7:45am On May 29, 2012
otodeluxe:

I know this is as a result of lack of home training. And wait...Don't you have home chores to do this morning? See how irresponsible you are? Do you think any responsible man will marry someone as irresponsible as you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

thank that nice young man who spoke well
i had to delete my previous post
bye bye
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by hawtin: 7:49am On May 29, 2012
[quote author=etchel][/quote]

just because of you
i will leave op alone
you have spoken well
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by megareal: 7:57am On May 29, 2012
@Op, the fact that you are asking this shows you are unsure of what your feeling on the subject is. So you have already failed before you started as the conviction isnt directly coming from you. Having said that, I would add that dating your age mate isn't wrong as long as you both love, respect and understand each other. I wouldn't naturally do it because I already look way older than my age and very few men in my age bracket suit me appearance-wise. Do what you really feel like doing, don't let societal norms and restrictions determine the course of your love life. Remember, to each his own.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Malubi(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2012
Except for your undisclosed reasons, if there is real love the margin which surpose to have been taken into consideration is insignifican. If she can give you peace of mined go for her even to marry. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple Rocking Wings / 10 Silly Things Guys Do But Call It Love / How To Spot A Fake Abuja Big Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.