Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24149 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Oluwadare: 7:52pm On May 28, 2012
ogugua88:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln.
TenQ very much for this well articulated, if he's eating a crumbs does not mean he should remain a fool forever.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ndahbros1: 7:53pm On May 28, 2012
Wazobia, tot April Fool's Day has long come and gone. This is May, almost June. And u know wat? U got them believing ur story! And yet they say GEJ is clueless. U see now? Like Prez like people! Esp on NL, folks that can't see beyond their noses.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 28, 2012
ndahbros1:

He may not have tot so, but by believing dat story, u r advertising and confirming the fact that it is true in ur own case. Now, even I tink so of u.

Do you mind telling us why jonathan refused to say amen to anti-corruption prayer coming at a time he just shared #1.1 billion among his ministers ?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by malc619(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: StarBoard, Barywhyte, deeplo(m), abt(m), abasifo(m), bisobiz, molet, inspired_m(m), say4gunit(m), PeeDaVinci, omoredia, efinalor(m), crack007(m), Lordsocrates, Jide fido(m), Baba_Eleko, peterz(m), Raybee2(m), aforbaje, lukkie(m), mentorken05, inwangobio, fakulty, Samsonferan, desu, lumideezle(m), damola1, niddamugu(m), xwolverine, 4bobo, chykenny, opydan, memudyink, ~Bluetooth, 2good(m), oldie(m), KINGwax(m), Joey82(m), Buskete(m), redfly(m), Originakalokalo, obongoboy, israelowen, cmpunk, henrychubayo, lollyboy(m), Tadon200(m), hooged, daomi(m), llade, Larry36(m), easydone, Dawina, Chamber10, musKeeto(m), ambrosini593(m), nelsonose, ismhab, unamumeh, akthedream(m), Oluwadare(m), moruphb, topfally75, bijulusi, mrmayor(m), malc619(m), dnative(m), gbadexy(m), Tstark, remcoface, rafhell(m), cescfab(m), ndahbros1, Bright2(m), Privy(m), lindaomoruyi, ijawkid(m) and 104 guest(s)
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ayobase(m): 7:56pm On May 28, 2012
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer

What a flimsy and baseless excuse.
Laughing in Jukum.
Dont wanna call dis man derogatory
names!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Emmysteve(m): 7:56pm On May 28, 2012
This is a comic news by wazobia reporters
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by peaceland(m): 7:56pm On May 28, 2012
hi all,
if you are not laughing at reading all above; then seriously u need help.
thanks for the stress buster guys.
i am 100% sure the story is false though
nice nite
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by bambuzz88: 7:57pm On May 28, 2012
HI Y'ALL .....The fact about this issue is that " EVIL PERSIST NOT because OF THE BAD PPLL OR THE PPLL TERRORIZIN OUR NATION , REAL EVILL PERSIST because OF THE PPLL NOT DOIN ANYTHIN ABOUT IT....PERIOD....

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by niddamugu(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Abati did not tell the world how many "Amens" the constitution allows for the president to say per day. In any case, I just pray this man understands what he's doing... sad sad sad sad so sad.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 28, 2012
malc619: Viewing this topic: StarBoard, Barywhyte, deeplo(m), abt(m), abasifo(m), bisobiz, molet, inspired_m(m), say4gunit(m), PeeDaVinci, omoredia, efinalor(m), crack007(m), Lordsocrates, Jide fido(m), Baba_Eleko, peterz(m), Raybee2(m), aforbaje, lukkie(m), mentorken05, inwangobio, fakulty, Samsonferan, desu, lumideezle(m), damola1, niddamugu(m), xwolverine, 4bobo, chykenny, opydan, memudyink, ~Bluetooth, 2good(m), oldie(m), KINGwax(m), Joey82(m), Buskete(m), redfly(m), Originakalokalo, obongoboy, israelowen, cmpunk, henrychubayo, lollyboy(m), Tadon200(m), hooged, daomi(m), llade, Larry36(m), easydone, Dawina, Chamber10, musKeeto(m), ambrosini593(m), nelsonose, ismhab, unamumeh, akthedream(m), Oluwadare(m), moruphb, topfally75, bijulusi, mrmayor(m), malc619(m), dnative(m), gbadexy(m), Tstark, remcoface, rafhell(m), cescfab(m), ndahbros1, Bright2(m), Privy(m), lindaomoruyi, ijawkid(m) and 104 guest(s)

Nigerians are not smiling. grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by JimmyBoy1: 8:00pm On May 28, 2012
Where was the protocol when he was kneeling down before Daddy Adeboye at the camp? The guy dey feay Epe ni joor
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ndahbros1: 8:00pm On May 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Do you mind telling us why jonathan refused to say amen to anti-corruption prayer coming at a time he just shared #1.1 billion among his ministers ?

But u already know d answer. That's y it is absurd to believe dis story. It is just a joke. But the real joke is on whomsoever believes the story. That's d person d laugh is on. It is a comic work u shd recognise from far.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Bright2(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2012
So had it been the priest said that GEJ must win 2015 election,there would have been shortage of amen abi? undecided abeg find me short plaster make i seal Abati mouth before he go put our president for international trouble.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 28, 2012
ndahbros1:

But u already know d answer. That's y it is absurd to believe dis story. It is just a joke. But the real joke is on whomsoever believes the story. That's d person d laugh is on. It is a comic work u shd recognise from far.

You are not answering my question.Why did jonathan refuse to say Amen when an anti-corruption prayer was said ? angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by acidtalk: 8:10pm On May 28, 2012
abati sure needs a psychiatrist because it is now too obvious he has totally gone gaga.

jonathan and his boys should know silence is golden. not every accusation needs to be defended.
jona is a crook and as such cant say amen or else God go hammer him head
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ndahbros1: 8:11pm On May 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You are not answering my question.Why did jonathan refuse to say Amen when an anti-corruption prayer was said ? angry

Even the devil knows not what lies in d heart of a man. There is no empirical answer to that. I believe u can't say amen to a prayer that condemns u to judgment for sometin u r guilty of, or feel u r guilty of. So, in my view, he didn't say amen because he was corrupt and didn't want the divine retribution that would follow d amen. Satisfied?
Hey, I'm not a GEJ addict or sycophant. Did u check my username well? Did it read 'Beaf'? Why u dey gbege my life na?
So if I correctly discern dat d said story is a comic hoax, that necessarily translates to d fact that I must explain y GEJ didn't say amen?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BizBooks(m): 8:13pm On May 28, 2012
Since this story appeared in the Politics and not Joke section, I assume that most
people responding are not aware that it is a joke. If you click over to the source
of the story (Wazobiareport.com), you will see the following disclaimer:

Caution: This is NOT real! It's all BS made up to entertain you.
For REAL news, please go to saharareporters.com

If you miss that, there is further disclaimer on the site as follows:

This is an entertainment website. The articles, views, opinions, and every other
content published on this site, unless stated otherwise, are totally made up,
fictitious and without malice, fabricated for the sole purpose of entertaining you

The moderators owe it as a duty to the readers to ensure that stories that appear on
NL especially the front page are authentic.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 28, 2012
pd piper pippen: If u blve this u can blve anytin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 28, 2012
ndahbros1:

Even the devil knows not what lies in d heart of a man. There is no empirical answer to that. I believe u can't say amen to a prayer that condemns u to judgment for sometin u r guilty of, or feel u r guilty of. So, in my view, he didn't say amen because he was corrupt and didn't want the divine retribution that would follow d amen. Satisfied?
Hey, I'm not a GEJ addict or sycophant. Did u check my username well? Did it read 'Beaf'? Why u dey gbege my life na?
So if I correctly discern dat d said story is a comic hoax, that necessarily translates to d fact that I must explain y GEJ didn't say amen?

That is why jonathan had to come out with a stu-pid excuse since there is no empirical answer to the question ! Dig it ?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Naijamericana: 8:19pm On May 28, 2012
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer

Fixed number of amens...really? Something smells fishy here angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 28, 2012
gbadexy: I dont care for the authentisity of this story.i have been gloomy and devastated all through today,I just had my stress reliefing laugh today.hopefully i havent used up my laugh quota for today.
Hahaha... And i also hope by reading through the comments, i haven't exhausted my sight quota for today.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 28, 2012
BizBooks: [s]Since this story appeared in the Politics and not Joke section, I assume that most
people responding are not aware that it is a joke. If you click over to the source
of the story (Wazobiareport.com), you will see the following disclaimer:

Caution: This is NOT real! It's all BS made up to entertain you.
For REAL news, please go to saharareporters.com

If you miss that, there is further disclaimer on the site as follows:

This is an entertainment website. The articles, views, opinions, and every other
content published on this site, unless stated otherwise, are totally made up,
fictitious and without malice, fabricated for the sole purpose of entertaining you

The moderators owe it as a duty to the readers to ensure that stories that appear on
NL especially the front page are authentic[/s].

Premiumtimes had more moral standing to me than other media organization since it broke the news of jonathan sharing of #1 billion with his ministers.WHAT THE LIKES OF PUNCH,VANGUARD,THISDAY,NATION COULDNT LEAK PREMIUMTIMES BROUGHT IT TO THE PUBLIC. tongue
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by stagger: 8:24pm On May 28, 2012
A fixed number of amens. Now that is a first. I wonder what the office of Special Assistant on Media and Publicity does to the occupants. It turns them into retards. This latest statement by Dr Abati proves it.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BizBooks(m): 8:27pm On May 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Premiumtimes had more moral standing to me than other media organization since it broke the news of jonathan sharing of #1 billion with his ministers.WHAT THE LIKES OF PUNCH,VANGUARD,THISDAY,NATION COULDNT LEAK PREMIUMTIMES BROUGHT IT TO THE PUBLIC. tongue

This particular story is like an April Fool's joke in May. The writer's clearly
stated that it is a joke. So why is NL giving the impression that it is a true
story thereby making a mockery of her readers in the process.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 28, 2012
Lolz you got me there OP
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ebamma(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2012
thank u mr president,u wan use big english deceive us wich one be quota again,fuel subsidy no get quota,nepa light no get quota,unemployment no get quota,corruption no get quota,na amen come get quota.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by malc619(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: kingrhirhs(m), jackobi(m), tjskii(f), GAB1, Omo-Olomu(m), timmy1999(m), chx_e, dougivilla(m), Gogetta, Muttu_07, Bayo Adex(m), garba(m), madu101, dotobo, strangest(m), onoja12, infobiznez(m), ab1x(m), DAY11.(m), playah P(m), Edzy, SM Suleiman, Mcleo007(m), armadeo(m), CHUXA, Ukavwe, pappy4real(m), Osejie(m), Emmysteve(m), nwabobo, toayofo, PalmTree(m), ITL(m), martyns303(m), robinhoodd2(m), bigx(m), Johnpaul88(m), cogsej06(m), franktolk(m), Samito247(m), niddamugu(m), Nonso Chris, malfz(m), panaroma, natddon, hunkyjohn(m), Da Mayor, malc619(m), Hydy(m), aforbaje, acidtalk, LADEMINUS, henrychubayo, Jimmy Boy, ndahbros1, IIKOTECH, 12go(m), paddy_lo(m), gbadexy(m), Bright2(m), vicade(m), dafman10, Abdul010, SignOut, ~Bluetooth, muyoto, jify, mukina2, Zediccus(m), De_Priest(m), nepcham, peaceland, Bleble-swag(f), Eseries(m), Damix007(m), gabman700, Benny95, ogugua1, jabbo(m), larrygee(m), fredoooooo, chrysso83(m), mentorken05, civac(m), polokor60(m), nairalander, gossips and 157 guest(s)157 guest(s)

Aproko pple, dem dey disgrace una president, una dey look....
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by clemmonce(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2012
BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS IS DIS NOT FUNNY. NOW I KNW DAT JONA AND HIS COHORTS ARE DULL. IF THE PASTOR HAD SAID MR JONATHAN U SHALL LIVE LONG TELL ME WHETHER HE WONT SAY AMEN.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On May 28, 2012
Adrenaline: Wow I had to read that about 3 times and I still can't believe my eyes. Nigeria is finished Q.E.D

^^ It is a joke. Didn't you see it is signed [size=13pt]Jowo Mabinu (Yoruba for "Abeg, no vex!" )[/size]

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by 9free(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2012
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jennyb2: 8:32pm On May 28, 2012
dis is d funniest joke i ever heard! i can only imagine hw many amen this same president will say assuming a secret prophet is prophecying gud tins to him in privacy, den there will no longer be allocation of amens. who r dey decieving? God cannot be mocked.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by blackboi(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2012

-Jowo Mabinu

illegal response cheesygringrin

APC’s Membership Reregistration: Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition May Hit The Rock / Chief Of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Taoreed Lagbaja, Visits Lagos / Pastor Okezie Atani Has Been Released

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64