Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,425 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24152 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 5:35am On May 29, 2012
I have bookmarked this thread for future purpose. Now, I know the kind of people that have pure saw dust as brain and those that posses the real grey matter as brain. Really yo don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how bad our educational system has collapsed. Only God can safe this country from the impeding calamity with these set of her youths.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Observator: 6:01am On May 29, 2012
Seun is the one who really needs help! Nairaland is fast fading as a website for intellectual stimulation and place of idea. It has become a place of bashing, ethnic bigotry and hatred etc. Nairaland is competing with PM news is rumour mongering and character assassination. Seun needs consultants and managers to help him turn this goldmine into a great successful venture. How can you have a site of this nature without a strict code of conduct and a quality screening process for enrolment? SEUN OSEWA, please shout for help or else Nairaland will go the way of most Nigerian companies.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ITbomb(m): 6:05am On May 29, 2012
publisher: [size=15pt]Kai, Nairalanders don disgrace me ooo. So majority of people here dont know the meaning of 'Satire'?? Chei,Chei, Chei...and they are busy wondering how a clueless man with no shoes became their President.

Chei,chei,chei grin [/size]

So embarrassing and they are so quick to insult the President even when their show of ignorance is appealing. Do these people read news at all?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by khorhede: 6:23am On May 29, 2012
Shame to the president !
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Claracuzio: 6:32am On May 29, 2012
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Hehehehe!
Am so happy I belong to this geographic settlement called nija!
We too much!
I love naija

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ngolieze22: 6:33am On May 29, 2012
And 2morrow WEAC will say only 2% passed their exams, yet some pple will doubt?
How can some pple be dis DUMB? If only some really slow brains had taken a lil time 2 read @least d first ten comments on this thread, they would have known d story was just a JOKE, since their slow minds don't know what a satire Is....
I wonder what's with d mad rush 2 post comments on evry thread..
AND to think we have some of this DULL BRAINS scattered all over many schls as teachers makes my hrt bleed.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 6:40am On May 29, 2012
...And to this point, people are still posting junks? No wonder the daily insults on GEJ, do nairalanders take their time, to read, ponder on things before replying (more like do most of the guys bashing GEJ and Abati have brains?)If GEJ is clueless, we Nigerians are totally dumb

@Beaf, please there's no point replying, many nairalanders are bunch of disappointments, I don't like GEJ though, but I think you need to review your job on nairaland, there's no point always arguing with idiots, they'll never get the point.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by nwanze2: 6:51am On May 29, 2012
Nonsense! Amen or no amen,GEJ u are under d influence of d prayer, no where 2 hide.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by escobar07(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2012
omo, see views. Some people wey drop their views no even see the joke in the story.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by afrodoc(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2012
dats cos they r i.d.i.o.t.s ! quick to post and slow to think
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Scissorshand(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2012
I still dey laff oh.Nna men, see volcanic eruptions.For those wey wan chop ''Beaf'', please kindly go get some at the market.Hmmn,this Beaf guy needs to have a cache of ammo,APCs,and egbe.A lotta n*ggaz are hungry for a piece of roasted beef.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by McCoy91(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2012
Daresh: Rueben Abati is a bastard. H ethinks we are fools abi?
Yes you are oh. Its a comic site FFS
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by freecocoa(f): 7:36am On May 29, 2012
khorhede: Shame to the president !

After 5 pages of being told its a joke you still came up with this?

Dang.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Cupidkc(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2012
This is one of the reasons why I enjoy NL. Alot of comic news...ds supposed Abati statement got me laughing ds early morning. Lol
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by franky023: 8:06am On May 29, 2012
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer

-Jowo Mabinu

-Jowo Mabinu

dz nimcompoo jst dy fool himself,4 ur info. there is no amout of amen dt z 2 much...fool!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by abacus(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2012
Lemme remind u all about 'baboon and dog'. It's the same way you all spread the lies on nairaland,even Abati also 'explained' on that piece. grin . What goes around comes around, please dont spoil our mood, this thread is not about the joke, it's about glueless\corrupts\thieves\killers\liars incharge of a great country like NIGERIA. A president who failed to say amen to prayers will says amen to curses.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Misterpaul(m): 8:30am On May 29, 2012
WTF 6 pages this dude still posted this
franky023: [i][/i]dz nimcompoo jst dy fool himself,4 ur info. there is no amout of amen dt z 2 much...fool!
Alryt..I give up on NL.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by gregg2: 8:37am On May 29, 2012
Wazobia Reports and Wazobia FM only crack jokes.
They never mean whatever they say.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by logica(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2012
ogugua88:

If you read the whole thread, then you would've known that I later realized that the piece was a spoof. I don't frequent Wazobia. Nowhere in OP's post is satire mentioned. Nowhere on the homepage is satire mentioned next to the link for this page. I didn't check the source. My bad. I don't think fuel price or your security was affected by my error though.
I commend you for identifying your error. But I beg to differ; inability to identify a piece of satire (spoof for those less literally inclined) can be dangerous. Indeed I have learnt to know your audience well before trying to entertain them with concepts way over their heads.

And FYI, satires are generally identified by the content without being explicitly labeled as one. A sharp mind will identify one without even reading the whole article. It's like saying you need to have a poem attached with the word "poem" before you can tell what it is. If you are sharp and have a good sense of humor, you can smell a satire from a mile away.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Detongue: 8:43am On May 29, 2012
For those of us who are christains, d Bible tells us to pray for our leaders so i beg u ppl not to join unbelivers to curse our leaders so dat it will b well with u
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by sureboykris(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Thank you WAZOBIA REPORTS for setting the record straight!! If there is one news agency that gets to the bottom of an issue, it is the good folks at WAZOBIA REPORT. When I was a young girl, I dreamed of working for them but alas. . . ah, that's a story for another day.

Anyway, now that we know why the president didn't say AMEN. . .I think an apology is in order. I am not gonna waste too much time cursing those who cursed the president because they didn't know certain facts.

Honestly, the problem with us is that we are ignorant and getting us to learn is like pulling tooth. These pastors don't know that the President's AMEN are specially ordained from God and since there are many presidents in the world and there are only so many AMENS that can go around. . .a quota system is in place.

A president who finishes his AMENS before his term is over is shite out of luck. So they have to be very very careful what they use their AMENS on. . .I'm sorry but with the state our country is right now, we need all the presidential AMENS we can get. We can't have the president using his AMENS willy nillyingly like that. I know people enjoy hating on GEJ ( I enjoy it too) but not this time. . . I think he did the right thing.

Next time the Pastor (and this goes for all the Pastors, Woli, Alfas, Shepherds, Papas, GOs and Olushos) should learn how prioritize. . .pray the prayers that require strong AMENS from the Presidents first before all the other less important prayer.
. So U̶̲̥̅̊ believe n support this trashy stories. How can there be A̶̲̥̅ limit to d number of Amens that one shud say. Pls don't be silly M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by fesse(f): 8:57am On May 29, 2012
Baba_Eleko: [size=15pt]If GEJ had said 1 more amen. Nigerian Constitution will just appear from no where on to his face and say **In Siri's voice** "Mr President you have no more available Amen today as you have exhausted your daily allocated amens. Try again tomorrow when you have new amen allocations"[/size]

You got me cracking........... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by olyivy(f): 8:58am On May 29, 2012
[size=14pt]This thread has succesfully compiled a huge list of nairaland DULLARDS!

I am going to use it in the future![/size]
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by albacete(m): 9:00am On May 29, 2012
u guys have got to be kidding me. A President or any other person for that matter exhausting the number of Amens in a day? Anyway, thanks for the joke.
Now, time to move to important issues.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by aussyroyal(f): 9:01am On May 29, 2012
Eziachi: Amen quota has been grin grin reached? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
How can you be a Nigerian and suffers from HBP, when there are so many comic reliefs?
grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by kushe: 9:10am On May 29, 2012
@observatory

Kindly shut up,browse through and stop telling the young man how to run his business. If you hate the current nairaland,go start your own blog cos you can't even begin to try driving traffic to a forum like this.We all realise the kinds of people we have commenting on this site,but this is just a microcosm of our country.if the country doesn't change, nl cannot change.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by fesse(f): 9:14am On May 29, 2012
khorhede: Shame to the president !
ewu hausa like u.

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by dont8(m): 9:22am On May 29, 2012
mimifonwon:

i think it has something to do with the sharia law crap, no offense to muslims, but it seems everywhere sharia is, islam gets special treatment, because if he said amen, he would have been accused of having favouritism towards christians over muslims by muslim leaders. Man how i wish this stupid constitution would be destroyed sometimes.
Gosh! Some people are gullible and clueless on this forum, so you can't decipher simple explanation that it's a joke, you still went ahead to involved another religion into this. God'll help you guys, if this is how you're easily deceived, else fraudsters will have a field day.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by unbiasedjudge(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2012
There is LIMIT to numbers of AMEN. BUT NO LIMITS TO their NEFARIOUS ACTIVITIES. ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!!!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by unbiasedjudge(m): 10:09am On May 29, 2012
dont8:
Gosh! Some people are gullible and clueless on this forum, so you can't decipher simple explanation that it's a joke, you still went ahead to involved another religion into this. God'll help you guys, if this is how you're easily deceived, else fraudsters will have a field day.

Must you abuse others to make your points? Grow up dude!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by olyivy(f): 10:38am On May 29, 2012
unbiasedjudge:

Must you abuse others to make your points? Grow up dude!
Even when they are abusing others themselves?!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ITbomb(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2012
We all realise the kinds of people we have commenting on this site,but this is just a microcosm of our country.if the country doesn't change, nl cannot change.
[/quote]
olyivy: [size=14pt]This thread has succesfully compiled a huge list of nairaland DULLARDS!

I am going to use it in the future![/size]
iv4fb: ...And to this point, people are still posting junks?If GEJ is clueless, we Nigerians are totally dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike's Thank You Tour To Ogoni People. Live On AIT. Pictures / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare / Post-Conviction Bail: Will Luck Smile On Kalu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.