Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,419 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24151 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by barkayausa(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2012
Amen or not, protocol or not,quota or constitution God had answer the prayer, Abati you are the grandfather of corruption, mind you the owner of Amen is he that owns your life. We are educated wooo, we read the bible and the constitution as well. We've never had these during OBJ, abi your God get number of Amen for president? Stop abusing your faith Pls.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ndahbros1: 11:43pm On May 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is why jonathan had to come out with a stu-pid excuse since there is no empirical answer to the question ! Dig it ?

U still don't get it. This story we are reading now was made up by wazobia just for fun. In real life, no Abati or GEJ said anytin abt any number of amens. The story is fake, understand?
U no even dey understand d whole joke sef.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Tropilo(m): 11:51pm On May 28, 2012
ZUBY77: though, the story is a joke but this Rueben Abati reminds me of Squealer in Animal farm.
I had my laugh and thats more important to me,

Squealer with its red ribbon tied to its tail. That's similar to Dr. Abatti's tie.
Frankly, i didn't find the joke funny, one bit. I don't like it when the President is ridicled, i don't mind objective criticism though.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Cheggoon(m): 11:54pm On May 28, 2012
Why will he say amen.....wen the preacher .....prayer points dem too dey harsh.....Eg .."'Any Corrupt leader sumersault and die....'"se u fit say amen to that knd of prayer..lol..i beggy make uuna leave mata for Mattias jare..!
Lol... grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by mimifonwon(f): 12:05am On May 29, 2012
blacksta: Oya beaf come and interpret

i never understand what this dullard is talking about - I never knew we have protocol not to say amen - for so called christian president.

i think it has something to do with the sharia law crap, no offense to muslims, but it seems everywhere sharia is, islam gets special treatment, because if he said amen, he would have been accused of having favouritism towards christians over muslims by muslim leaders. Man how i wish this stupid constitution would be destroyed sometimes.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by yohannazack(m): 12:15am On May 29, 2012
Na wao, gud-lock get numba of amens to say. Dis issue no be joke, abeg make we dey pray o, voodoos don take ova dis country. Antichrist in disguise. Shameless abati, mumu. May angel michael strike u wit his weapon. Amin.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:16am On May 29, 2012
GEJ to tell 9ja dat amen limits now included in section 419 of Nigerian Leaders Religious Guide (NILRG).
Ridiculous story, ridiculous coment, a sick Country. God s watching!
Infacti, I don vex! My head dey hot 4 ds currupt govt...I wan climb tree.
Llubbish.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by joshuapharm(m): 12:25am On May 29, 2012
can't believe beaf hasn't commented yet..well...i tell you wat...a revolution is on d way!!!God will heal our land...anoda tin is lets pray for dis country..our liberty is near..i can see it...God bless you all...
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by publisher(m): 12:37am On May 29, 2012
[size=15pt]Kai, Nairalanders don disgrace me ooo. So majority of people here dont know the meaning of 'Satire'?? Chei,Chei, Chei...and they are busy wondering how a clueless man with no shoes became their President.

Many Nairalander don fall my hand today; i will keep a record of all the Nairalanders on this thread who bought this story. So that tomorrow if they open their dirty mouths to insult the president or other nairalanders in a future thread,i'll point out their mumuism to them.
Chei,chei,chei grin [/size]
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ITbomb(m): 1:05am On May 29, 2012
publisher: [size=15pt]Kai, Nairalanders don disgrace me ooo. So majority of people here dont know the meaning of 'Satire'?? Chei,Chei, Chei...and they are busy wondering how a clueless man with no shoes became their President.

Many Nairalander don fall my hand today; chei,chei grin [/size]
So embarrassing and they are so quick to insult the President even when their show of ignorance is appealing. Do these people read news at all?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by peruso: 1:11am On May 29, 2012
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS ABEG OOO WETIN DEY HAPPEN AHN AHN THIS IS VERY SERIUOS OO... ARE YOU GUYS OBSERVING THAT BEAF IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE QUIET ON ISSUES CONCERNING OUR NUMBER 1 SLOWSPOKE.......AHA AHN BEAF ABEG DONT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!! BE YOUR NORMAL SELF JUMP OUT AND DEFEND YOUR MAN AS USUAL WITH THE SAME INTENSITY AND VIGOUR YOU USE TO DO IT.. BRING OUT YOUR STRONG ARGUEMENTS grin grin cheesy......

NA WA SOME THINGS ARE JUST H-A-R-D TO DEFEND SHA tongue......

BEAF DONT WORRY JUST ACCEPT DEFEAT THIS ONCE! ONLY THIS ONCE OOO cry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by aneldaking(m): 1:16am On May 29, 2012
diz fool dat claims 2 me defending gej wil soon c his doom very soon bkos i bliv strongly dat gej shock wen he hear wetin abbati talk .
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Chyz2: 1:18am On May 29, 2012
Oga Beaf, how nah? grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by agabaI23(m): 1:36am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Where is prophet beaf ? cheesy
Too bad you fell for this
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by bunmioguns(m): 1:38am On May 29, 2012
Wazobia Reporter don go far

ABATI "I NEVER GAVE ANY EXPLANATION FOR REV. AKINOLA'S PRAYERS" www.naijapundit.com/news/abati-i-never-gave-any-explanation-for-rev-akinola-s-prayers
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by agabaI23(m): 1:41am On May 29, 2012
peruso: FELLOW NAIRALANDERS ABEG OOO WETIN DEY HAPPEN AHN AHN THIS IS VERY SERIUOS OO... ARE YOU GUYS OBSERVING THAT BEAF IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE QUIET ON ISSUES CONCERNING OUR NUMBER 1 SLOWSPOKE.......AHA AHN BEAF ABEG DONT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!! BE YOUR NORMAL SELF JUMP OUT AND DEFEND YOUR MAN AS USUAL WITH THE SAME INTENSITY AND VIGOUR YOU USE TO DO IT.. BRING OUT YOUR STRONG ARGUEMENTS grin grin cheesy......

No it is you who cannot identify a standalone satire that should cover your face.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jmaine: 1:42am On May 29, 2012
peruso: FELLOW NAIRALANDERS ABEG OOO WETIN DEY HAPPEN AHN AHN THIS IS VERY SERIUOS OO... ARE YOU GUYS OBSERVING THAT BEAF IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE QUIET ON ISSUES CONCERNING OUR NUMBER 1 SLOWSPOKE.......AHA AHN BEAF ABEG DONT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!! BE YOUR NORMAL SELF JUMP OUT AND DEFEND YOUR MAN AS USUAL WITH THE SAME INTENSITY AND VIGOUR YOU USE TO DO IT.. BRING OUT YOUR STRONG ARGUEMENTS grin grin cheesy......

aneldaking: diz fool dat claims 2 me defending gej wil soon c his doom very soon bkos i bliv strongly dat gej shock wen he hear wetin abbati talk .

Chyz*:
Oga Beaf, how nah? grin

Where una go hide una brain lipsrsealed . . .Una never still get sense even for this late hour undecided . . .make i hear una dey form "Cluefull" yabbing for land again cheesy . . .
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Misterpaul(m): 2:00am On May 29, 2012
I notice that most of the mumu people who actualy believe this story are Yoruba.. Does this show how stupid and clueless these yoruba people are...#NoOffense,JstAskin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by SisiKill1: 2:04am On May 29, 2012
Smh @ thread embarassed cry sad
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by nairaman66(m): 2:08am On May 29, 2012
Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

Na wah Oo! Amen limits still dey for Constitution? Nothing we nor go see for this Nigeria. This country is in shambles and may break up to fragments in 2015. God take control!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by naturalmi: 2:26am On May 29, 2012
Wow national Quota of Amen reached? Splendid! Maybe that is why the constitution allows for enough rogues and arm robbers to go to polities unlimited like MTN BIS. Nigeria doesn't know how to lie pretty good. We need honorable Patrick to analyse this in his lab of english science
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by megastu(m): 2:35am On May 29, 2012
I still dey laugh oh.... When Gen Buhari talks, una go say he just dey rant. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Redhot111(m): 2:40am On May 29, 2012
Dis rueben is more foolish dan his jona of a master, neva knew dat our constitution put a sanction on d use of 'amen'. May there neva be amen 2 anytin gud in there life.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ayojango(m): 2:44am On May 29, 2012
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer

Whers ds Abati from eh! Wat sort of person is ds,even al-mustapha dnt defend abacha like this.al I know is that d day of reckonin is coming soon
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by logica(m): 2:55am On May 29, 2012
ogugua88:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln.
Considering that this piece of "news" is from a well know spoof website, how does this quote apply to you?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by logica(m): 2:58am On May 29, 2012
publisher: So majority of people here dont know the meaning of 'Satire'?
You are asking for a whole lot of trouble if you try to engage or entertain dullards with such food for intellectuals as satire. Some have described such an endeavor as " pearls before swine". Believe you me; I know first hand. smiley
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by afrodoc(m): 3:12am On May 29, 2012
dis is a clarion call to all you guys who get into arguments with ppe on NL,desist from it.there r lots of 'unsmart' pple online these days.imagine how dull one has to b in d 1st place to believe dis joke of a story.then imagine how panaDULL one has to be to keep believing it when so many posters r shouting dt it is a JOKE
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Singalex(m): 3:56am On May 29, 2012
meehn there z gotta b alot of protocols in dat office bt i think we realy needed dat ur last Amen..anyway kip it 4 another day mayb wen U̶̲̥̅̊ re praying over ur meal.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by kundul: 4:07am On May 29, 2012
D same God he knelt down 4 n over said his amens wen he was seekin dis office? Henceforth all d invited pastors 2 any occassion shld start wit powerful anticorruption prayers b4 dis demi god will exhaust his. Unbelievable honestly now thinkn dey r smarter dan God.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 5:28am On May 29, 2012
logica: Considering that this piece of "news" is from a well know spoof website, how does this quote apply to you?

If you read the whole thread, then you would've known that I later realized that the piece was a spoof. I don't frequent Wazobia. Nowhere in OP's post is satire mentioned. Nowhere on the homepage is satire mentioned next to the link for this page. I didn't check the source. My bad. I don't think fuel price or your security was affected by my error though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike's Thank You Tour To Ogoni People. Live On AIT. Pictures / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare / Post-Conviction Bail: Will Luck Smile On Kalu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.