Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24140 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by bittyend(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2012
GEJ had Iweala's dyck in his mouth, that's why he refused to say amen.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by webbaba: 9:30pm On May 28, 2012
UTTER RUUBBIISSHH But full of interpretations, misinterpretations, hidden agendas and implications
iluvnaija: Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 28, 2012
olyivy: [size=13pt]Now we can all see how 'clueful' that nairalanders who call their President clueless are.

Two pages and they still havent got the joke.

See what GEJ has caused! tongue [/size]

And you think a president refusing to say amen to an anti-corruption prayer is funny ? You look dumber than jonathan to me.nonsense ! angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by nijanigga: 9:32pm On May 28, 2012
There are probably more goats and sheep in this country,than humans.White man will say,this is not the kind of democracy we advertised. We thought,these black monkies have cut their tails,but we are wrong.Abati, is looking for the real Ph.D,the last one he got,was when he was hungry.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 28, 2012
bittyend: GEJ had Iweala's dyck in his mouth, that's why he refused to say amen.

You dey crase o grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by iyaayi(f): 9:38pm On May 28, 2012
Come to think of it, I don't honestly expect the president to say amen to d corruption prayer! He would be willfully inviting curses and karma on himself! How can he say amen knowing fully well that he is not free frm corruption? What if thunder strike him down in dis rainy season as am sure d pastor would be invoking thunder on corrupt officials! Abeg, make una leave d man o jare!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ZUBY77(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2012
though, the story is a joke but this Rueben Abati reminds me of Squealer in Animal farm.
I had my laugh and thats more important to me,

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Fahj(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2012
anishe: Nigeria, so unfortunate a country. i thought Reuben Abati has gotten his Ph.D.
[url]
anishe: Nigeria, so unfortunate a country. i thought Reuben Abati has gotten his Ph.D.
[/url]

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by lacasa: 9:55pm On May 28, 2012
Amen limits?.. Lmaoo

Only in Nigeria,

Fresh Air Tinz wink
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Ejine(m): 10:04pm On May 28, 2012
Daresh: Rueben Abati is a bastard. He thinks we are fools abi?

Well, considering the fact you were able to fall for this story so easily, I wouldn't really blame him.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Abeyjide: 10:06pm On May 28, 2012
Am really short of words cos i found it difficult to blv dat a presidential spokeman can utter such words from dat his pit mouth.he is not scared of God's sword by wat he said.a mere man dat can be eaten up by warms if God desire.God ave mercy on dis nation.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 28, 2012
he ought to go to church with an 'AMEN Recharge' before he exhauts any, reuben should top-up
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by shadrach77: 10:11pm On May 28, 2012
to those saying the story is fake, it's real because pointblank news also carried it - check the linkk below

http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/4464-Why-Jonathan-didn%E2%80%99t-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer-Abati.html
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by AnotherOkija: 10:12pm On May 28, 2012
Abeyjide: Am really short of words cos i found it difficult to blv dat a presidential spokeman can utter such words from dat his pit mouth.he is not scared of God's sword by wat he said.a mere man dat can be eaten up by warms if God desire.God ave mercy on dis nation.

This dude is a classic example of the millions of educated m'orons that abound in Nigeria..

They really took this seriously.. I cant imagine what the beer parlors would be like with this gist..
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by redsun(m): 10:12pm On May 28, 2012
Kolo people,behaving like dark age clowns.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Ejine(m): 10:16pm On May 28, 2012
Well, with the responses that keep popping in, even after the story's been proven as satire, I guess it's safe to accept the average Nigerian IQ really is in 6 decimal places.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by chreldb(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2012
;DSome people cant seem to get that it was just a joke. While the failure to see through the sarcasm of the posts of some others like sisi kills et al only makes it worse for them. lol funny thread. Wazobia reproters una need flogging sha
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by seyibobo(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2012
Ogbeni RuuuuuBeeeen Abaaaati, must you always open that your big mouth so widely to defend ur boss nii. Big time liar, which one is daily quota of Amen again? Smh for you sir.
#godIsWatching you on 3D oooo
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 28, 2012
... And someone will open his mouth to say GEJ is a retard and he's clueless. Well, goats don't lead humans! A goal will only lead those he is superior to, if people still don't get this joke and the fact that wazobia... Was just set up for fun, I think we're more clueless than GEJ, more dumb I must add. Whatever reason he had for not saying 'Amen' is not my business, neither do I care, but we Nigerians are more' retarded' than GEJ, more clueless and more dumb, if a mad man should be ur leader, how then r u sane? I think the only sanity we have is been 'under the control of the insane'

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Muriwest(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Abati neva cease to amaze me, so we even av a section of d constitution dat speaks on d numbas of amens n amins our president is entitled to say, hw abt afta he has exhausted all d amens n d nxt prayer goes thus_- 'may ur enemies neva gt u and may u win 2nd n 3rd term as presido'. My guess is since he har exhausted all d amens he wld jst kip mute. These guys r real motherfuckers, do they fink all Nigerians r dump ass like they are or wot. Mr. Abati TAKE MY MIDDLE FINGER
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Socratez20(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2012
If ds story is truthful den it z a complete trash on analysis i bliv dt he has attended other services n has been sayin as much Amen's as he can esp. Wen de r blessing him bt since ds1 z abt corruptn he held his peace may God deliver ds con3
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jmaine: 10:49pm On May 28, 2012
iv4fb: ... And someone will open his mouth to say GEJ is a retard and he's clueless. Well, goats don't lead humans! A goal will only lead those he is superior to, if people still don't get this joke and the fact that wazobia... Was just set up for fun, I think we're more clueless than GEJ, more dumb I must add. Whatever reason he had for not saying 'Amen' is not my business, neither do I care, but we Nigerians are more' retarded' than GEJ, more clueless and more dumb, if a mad man should be ur leader, how then r u sane? I think the only sanity we have is been 'under the control of the insane'

grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by PeeBee: 10:56pm On May 28, 2012
Lmao @ some Nairalanders. I did'nt need to read three sentences to know it was 'Wazobia reporters' at work, but some people are always looking out for opportuinities to insult public office holders. Besides why are people so worked up about this issue? Does anyone have a video of the service and his response? How do we even know he didn't whisper an 'amen'?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by PA1982(f): 11:00pm On May 28, 2012
...the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials. ..

I think think all the more of a President who doesn'tsay amen to such superstitious clap-trap.
Cursing, indeed.
Cursing never did anything, ever.

Legal process, please.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Scissorshand(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2012
Ol' boy,people dey vex o.Despite being made clear dat it's a joke, people just dey provoke, dey scata vex dey go.LWKMD.Igboro ko rerin (d streets ain't smiling).
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by bamosagie(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2012
Really thought nairaland is a forum for enlightened mind, even after three pages people are still displaying alarming rate of ignorance. PLEASE SEUN TELL THEM that WAZOBIA NEWS is a news PARODY & should NOT be taken seriously. THE NEWS IS A JOKE.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by koolbe(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2012
Simply put! Raw act of stupidity by Abati!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by AnotherOkija: 11:09pm On May 28, 2012
koolbe: Simply put! Raw act of stupidity by Abati!

Simply put, Raw disply of ignorance by Koolbe!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by thoniann(m): 11:18pm On May 28, 2012
HELLO GUYS,I JUST HEARD IT ON RADIO. Beaf IS DEAD! HE DIED OF A HEART ATTACK WHILE READING ABATI'S RESPONSE.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Aboluwarin: 11:19pm On May 28, 2012
I can see this man need medical attention, you are one of those who trouble this nation, even am disappointed that you are yoruba, you are bringing shame to our tribes.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by AnotherOkija: 11:22pm On May 28, 2012
Aboluwarin: I can see this man need medical attention, you are one of those who trouble this nation, even am disappointed that you are yoruba, you are bringing shame to our tribes.

Your tribe is already filled of alot of shameful things (e.g Baba Suwe, Obj, etc) and you are one of them you person.. angry
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by AnotherOkija: 11:23pm On May 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: edetcnn(m), chidonzone(m), wabbyland, phemweb, Scissorshand(m), IbrahimB, Bandit C., edoselele, Debroslink, stepo707(m), PupetMasta(m), rekeson, booqee(f), wendyc, worthytalk, Phillfree(m), EBK2, i., aypo, USAMarshal, abiolag(m), waffiboi, hismail1(m), thoniann, oweniwe(m), Aboluwarin, Sam xiu lee, barka yausa, ndahbros1, Feraz, Middleman, Nashville, killuminati(m), tocin44(m), saintjoel, livapul86(m), Kayday, Ideasroole, Esosa01(m), olaezebala, KODED!!, EzzyIzzy, Another Okija, ZUBY77(m), mojounited(m), NJV(f), Manliness(m) and 58 guest(s)

Darn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Rejects Fg’s Request For Arrest Warrant Against Ekweremadu / 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent / Williams and Associates Predicts Buhari’s 2019 Defeat And Atiku's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.